• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C 3 Presents........ THE CHILLY WILLY MONTHLIES FOR THE GTA!!!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I dunno, I had a retail job that had me on weekdays only so I was still able to go to tourneys and stuff.

idea

Smash Master
i think saturdays are optional for me. not sure how that works...either way they'd only be from 10-4 so i'd be going to saturday tourneys late. regardless, sundays are probably best for most people, unless "most people" are in high school.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how to get here from sauga by GO bus? Im on gotransit.ca and I cant find the bus to get to markham, then gotta find out which bus to take in markham from there =/. Mayb im jus too dumb to use the site but still anyone wanna help me find out how to get to C 3s from sauga?

Also: SPECIAL NOTE: MY BASEMENT IS NOT HUGE, SO IF YOU ARE COMING, PLEASE ENTER AT LEAST SOMETHING!!! ONLY INCREDIBLY SPECIAL SITUATIONS WILL BE OVERLOOKED.

do you know roughly how many toronto ppl are goingÉ because umm I know sauga has 3-4 ppl planning on coming and Niagara has 4-5 people wanting to come as well.
wait are you serious? you can EASILY take sauga transit and ttc to get to c3's place o_o

D

Deleted member

Really, Eric? Well, of course there are exceptions, but generally if you are to apply for a job around this time, expecting to be free on Saturdays is really a stretch.

PR3Y11

Smash Journeyman
gimme more info, i's free after 7 too...after 7 every day actually, as i told you yesterday.
well.... not much info really..... just show up at my place at 7 =P and bring your wii if you can
i asked ambrose and he's gona try and bring a few people
and i'm waiting on c 3's answer

i got work, so its a no go.

im not sure if i can go to tournaments often anymore. i got work, atleast for june anyway. ill see what i can do.
you got a sick day left? XD, no worries we'll play some other time

Really, Eric? Well, of course there are exceptions, but generally if you are to apply for a job around this time, expecting to be free on Saturdays is really a stretch.
you could request saturdays off but i see what your getting at, most places will have u working on weekends for the summer unless you get gov. hours
anyway, you wana join in on my mini smashfest?

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
A message to people who don't have jobs - you cannot work retail and expect to have Saturdays off. Host it on Sundays or in the week when you life-newbies are done schools. <3
What about those who work full-time normal 8-4 jobs? Weekdays won't fly >_> Gogo sunday(or saturday)!

MDK00

Smash Ace
yeh i work full time 9-5 so week days are no good. i use to work retail tho... if ur new stick dont bail out on saturdays they wont like that. after a month of workin there and u tell them 2weekz in adv. it shudnt be a problem. jus try not to make a habit of it

although get outta retail, i swear the shifts are no where near consistant. 1 month u can get plenty of hrs and the next u may get nex to nothin =S

D

Deleted member

my job posts the schedule at random intervals so once its posted the people at my job won't switch unless they're sheduled. it's really lame, so i kinda need to know the date of the next tourney.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Oh matt have you gone to C 3's like that before? you mind telling me what buses to take if you have?

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
well ive never been there but, i know how to get there, its basically the same way to Dragon_Hawk/KirbyKaze/david's place. only difference is you get off the bus a few stops after. which stop you get off you'd have to ask anyone from the region (Raynex, KirbyKaze, Unknown522, Europhoria etc.)

but anyway here's the bus route:

-from square one take either the 20, 3, or 26 toward islington station,
-from islington station take the subway heading eastbound
-when on the sub, get off on Bloor-Yonge station
-from there you go up stairs and take the northbound sub heading toward finch station
-take that stop ALL the way to finch station, seeing as how its the last stop u wont have to worry about missing it
-from there head toward the bus area and then take the 53 east

thats as much as i know, which stop you gotta get off at is a complete mystery to me .__.

KingAce

Smash Ace
O ya **** lol i forgot about that still gotta figure out when 2 get off on the 53 but its all good thx. LOL shutup guy y is everyone hatin on my spammy metaknight for?

Gichan

Smash Champion
PR3Y11 where do you live? I live in Toronto and I may be interested in joining this mini smashfest, though I have work so it may get in the way. btw, when is it?

MDK00

Smash Ace
O ya **** lol i forgot about that still gotta figure out when 2 get off on the 53 but its all good thx. LOL shutup guy y is everyone hatin on my spammy metaknight for?
dont worry i got u. even if u didnt spam they wud h8 on u. do dat nado. dey jus mad cuz metaknight owns their lives.

on a side note... does anyone know if in brawl there is a way to do some sorta dash cancel? any kinda technique that will allow u to cut the lag from the stoppin animation from dashin? i often see ppl run and powershield on point. i tried this a few times but i have to carefully time it because of that stoppin animation. maybe this is MK only but i do know if i dash and try to shield there is a small stopin animation before the shield which is what i want to get rid of. i kno u can dash > side dodge, but tahts not exactly what i want to do...

any know anything about this?

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can dash pivot cancel with metaknight. You dash, then jam your control stick in the opposite direction while you dsmash,fmash or usmash. This allows you to slide with doing one of the smashes.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Yeah, you can dash pivot cancel with metaknight. You dash, then jam your control stick in the opposite direction while you dsmash,fmash or usmash. This allows you to slide with doing one of the smashes.
is there a way to jus completely stop without the stoppin animation? (i dont wanna do an atk)

KingAce

Smash Ace
i dont think so i was lookin for a way to do that 2 but i cant seem to find it

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Metaknight is not that gay at all.

I mean someone who looks that cool must have all the ladies.
"Excuse me girls, would you care for a ride on my air ship? We're going to be having a sexy party."

As for his movement, You and Kingace need to speed it up lol.... ( As for your question all I could really think of is dash to empty short hop..... but I think you already know that)

And also Prey hello? I'm totally down for that smashfest if someone could tell me whats up.

idea

Smash Master
running and shielding sooort of works...whenever i go from melee to brawl i really miss dashdancing =(

Edit: great, now i'm missing another smashy thingy. you guys have to do stuff more often.

KingAce

Smash Ace
J.L loves metaknights, he wants more metaknights to face cause its easy for him ;)

P.S wario kinda looks like jl cept wario has a mustache... just my opinion LOL

spacemanspiff

Smash Journeyman
^...no it doesn't... you stop cuz your not dashing anymore. the sheild doesn't cancel the dash... if this were the case then how is it possible to do a sliding sheild grab?

C 3

Smash Ace
Sorry I haven't responded in a while, busy with work. Work is taking up my time right now, and because i'm a seasonal I can't change anything as of yet. With that being said, the next Tournie i'm hosting will beTBA (To Be Announced). No, it will not b on June 7th or 14th, it will be to TBA. Thank you.

idea

Smash Master
mm that's true, about sliding while shielding...still the best thing i can think of, though. it feels pretty unnatural to just let go of the control stick, and i'm not sure if that would work as well as shielding while dashing anyway.

Gichan

Smash Champion
what the ****!? not on june 14th! BALLS! ****ing balls. God dammit, is there another tournament?! Balls, all that practice...

but it is understood, especially since you are seasonal, work owns life as usual. Sad...hopefully the Niagara people will still come on another day.

Gichan

Smash Champion
**** man, I can't cause of ****ing work, I was going to ask to take it off and someone got to it just a minute before...

I'm so sad, my girlfriend and I were looking forward to this. Nice to see that we could have played some friendlies, oh well.

Top Bottom