• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

Dekar289

Smash Hero
well we're smash players not tournament organiser
so yes they have to pay to stream
but that's why we're paying $50 venue fee
so give us a smash stream u cheap cintz

Bu$

HoC
Anymore people on qld offering housing? The most rad HoC homies are in need of a place to stay. If not does anyone know of a place near the venue? Ty ty

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Housing info updated in first post. I'd love to house more but I have 3 and thats already stretching my resources.

If you can bring a sleeping bag or something and don't mind a wood floor then I can host another person.

Last edited:

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Add me to the list as well, don't need housing as much as the interstate boys but definitely would prefer not to go to Brisbane and back 2 days in a row.
Money isn't that tight right now so if anyone wants to split a hotel PM me, I should be able to find one near the convention centre.

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Apex on the same weekend as the superbowl and this is the same weekend as Soundwave? Damn lol
Okay anyone who might want to get a hotel PM me quickly

Last edited:

Agonvaga

Smash Apprentice
I just wanna add something here (cbf opening FB to tell Zac):
1st (Vic included for the latter part*) ranking Melee player: Free flights to BAM, free accommodation in a hotel room that likely will have a couple of overseas players and any Smash events you choose to enter will be free of charge.
2nd (Vic excluded) ranking Melee player: Free flights to BAM, free accommodation in a hotel room that will likely have a couple of overseas players.

*If a Victorian player places 1st, they're able to take the last part of the offer (stay at the hotel, have all their smash fees paid for free), then the 2nd highest ranking (cannot be another Victorian so will skip until it reaches highest non-Victorian) will get exactly what the 2nd part says, with the only difference being the event/smash fare not being paid.
Regardless, if 2 non-Vic players place the highest, that means 2 people (Aus only) will be sponsored, but the lower of the two simply has to pay for their smash events they enter at BAM.
Any which way, someone will be sponsored from interstate (possibly two).
Also if a Vic player places 2nd, they cannot be eligible for the hotel/smash fare paid part - so in ALL cases besides a Vic player coming 1st, 2 people will be sponsored from interstate.
If for some very strange reason a person from a non Vic state wins but doesn't want to be sponsored, they can nominate someone else for the sponsorship (the person MUST be in the same Australian state, with ACT/NSW counting as the same).

tl;dr - This really changes nothing major, but adds in the possibility that "two" INTERSTATE people can now be sponsored (non-Vic) to BAM for free; however if a Vic player does win and wants to pass off their opportunity to someone else - then they're allowed to (any Aus state), as long as the people I'm already confirmed to be staying with have no objections (i.e. they don't think the nominated person is a ******, etc) with the person they nominate. <3

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so what's happening with smash 4? is anyone actually going?

with the venue fee i see it being like

a 16 man bracket or something

/laugh

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
s.d gonna fight hard for that hotel, traralgon gas money more than the entire bam7 prizepool

Blue2ez

Smash Cadet
so what's happening with smash 4? is anyone actually going?

with the venue fee i see it being like

a 16 man bracket or something

/laugh
That is a standard major cost. It's necessary when you take into account the cost of the venue and large prize pools.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That is a standard major cost. It's necessary when you take into account the cost of the venue and large prize pools.
No it's not, it's because they hired a frikken gigantic venue. This is not "standard major cost". At least not by Australia's standards, anyway.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Idk is attending one a prerequisite to look at entry fees and say "wow look at buttonsmash be $40 more expensive than everything else!"

There's really no need to be rude, Gerard

Go back to giving other people's Facebook accounts out over public forums. Derp

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Idk is attending one a prerequisite to look at entry fees and say "wow look at buttonsmash be $40 more expensive than everything else!"
Umm do you realise there is a difference between a major and a one-day local tournament? The only other noteworthy major tournaments in Australia (BAM and Shadowloo Showdown) have costs that are very much in line with ButtonSmash's costs.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
How much are they? This is literally all you had to say instead of being terribly RUDE considering the chances are this won't be a Smash 4 major at least.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
How much are they? This is literally all you had to say instead of being terribly RUDE considering the chances are this won't be a Smash 4 major at least.
Shadowloo has a $50 entry fee, not including game entry. It's also pretty important to note that these events go for multiple days; ButtonSmash being 2 days long. So both the fact that it is a nicer than average venue, and that the venue is being used for 2 days I think that the entry fees for these kind of events are reasonable.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Shadowloo has a $50 entry fee, not including game entry. It's also pretty important to note that these events go for multiple days; ButtonSmash being 2 days long. So both the fact that it is a nicer than average venue, and that the venue is being used for 2 days I think that the entry fees for these kind of events are reasonable.
Reloaded 8: $30 (Covered Brawl/Melee/Other console comps)
SummerSmash 09: $15 (One day), $25 (Two days)
Robocop: $50 (2 days, entry to all Smash comps included)
Power of One: $15 (One day), $25 (Two days), (Brawl: $10, Melee: $10)

idk

anyway thanks for a serious response @ Russ The Love Muss Russ The Love Muss . I can always count on you! :4duckhunt:

I guess I'll go to Buttonsmash, I would assume the pot is going to be significantly less for Smash 4 than UQ Smash, despite entry fee being 6x the price.

But that's okay.

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
It's also an issue of expected turnout; the more people that come, the less they have to charge to cover the cost of renting the venue. I can't really speak as to why those events you listed charge those fees since I'm new to the scene, but they need to set the entry fee to the right price so that they can cover all costs. The only way for these kind of events to become cheaper really is just for more people to show interest in coming.

Also if you registered early the venue fee was only $40 8)

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Registered
Signed up for project m doubles for ****s and giggles, but I haven't played that game since Ben BS brought it over to the old place and holy **** that was ages ago

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Ah Ben BS.

Applications open for Robs melee doubles partner.

I expect a CV with your qualifications and past experience, and including any publications.

You gain bonus points if you have a PhD.

Top Bottom