• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Pakky

Smash Hero
A funny joke someone told me was that it was obvious that Lycanroc was the face of gen 7... Comparing the dusk form to Ash-Greninja, which is well, wrong.

hehehe, Well I guess in personality but our boy in the Heel, lol.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
The more I think about it, the more......genius the whole Grinch leak was.

-Came at a time when people were so starved for information that any half-baked leak woulda done the trick
-Claimed to have some of the fanbase's most wanted picks with Banjo, Geno, Isaac and more
-The banner was blurry but juuuuust clear enough to make out the characters
-Supposedly came from a real graphics company

It was the perfect storm, and we were all swept up by it.
I kept my mouth shut during the whole ordeal. I was "wait and see" but the prospect that Incineroar could've been used as leaker bait would've stung if true.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Ya know? I'm kinda glad we got Inicineroar over all of the other gen 7 Pokemon. They probably wouldn't have been as cool or fun use as much as Incineroar is now looking to be...

St0pidIAm

Smash Rookie
People really need to calm down about NEW FIGHTERS there have been way to many people crying over Waluigi or Shawdow etc.

I mean it actually would be cool for them to be playable don't get me wrong but people need to appreciate what Sakurai is giving to us.

We got Incineroar , Inkings , FREAKING RIDLEY

Can I just say that I really like your username? :p
oh thanks

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't think it's a stretch to say Incineroar's the most expressive and animated character in the roster. They went all out with them.

Also wow they're a bit shorter than I expected tbh, barely taller than Lucario. I actually like how they look overall, such a good model.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I'm really late with this. But congratulations all Incineroar fans! Great job weathering the storm during the Grinch leak.

Incineroar looks fun to mess around with a few times just for kicks. And like I've said before it's great to finally have playable cat character of any kind.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's not QUITE the shiny (torso is darker and the stripes are black) but they're fairly minor differences that it might as well be lol.

I like them all aaaaaa I can't pick. Honestly never was big on the shiny but Smash makes it look good.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
He kind reminds me of alex from street fighter. His up b looks like one of alex aerials and his down air looks like Alex stomp move.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah I'm getting mad Alex vibes too. Just needs a Power Bomb LOL.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm really liking the monochrome Incineroar. That'll probably be the one I use the most. Big The Cat alt as well for the memes.

Greninja is now Froggy.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I've warmed up a lot more to Incineroar now that I've given it a day. I really like the direction Sakurai went with him, playing up the whole pro-wrestler shtick.

OceloT42

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1993-9639-0577
Hi everyone, I was initially not big on the idea of Incineroar being in smash (Decidueye fan) but after seeing him in action I've done a complete 180. He's now my newest main alongside K Rool, Lucina and Corrin.

I mean, anyone who is a living JoJo reference, what with all the poses and being voiced by Old Joseph, is alright in my book.

I've tried to track down all of Incineroar's moves. Described it in text.

Jab - Gentleman type. A thrust, a swipe, followed by an elbow uppercut.

Ftilt - Underhanded thrust, fairly powerful.

Dtilt - Leg sweep, looks like a combo starter.

Utilt - Head sweep, similar to King Dedede utilt.

Fsmash - Powerful dropkick.

Usmash - Upwards double axe blow.

Dsmash - Jump and belly flop, similar to King K Rool.

Nair - Belly flop, sex kick properties.

Fair - Dropkick, similar to King K Rool and Diddy Kong.

Bair - Powerful back kick, similar to Ridley.

Uair - Leg sweep, similar to Mii Brawler uair from Sm4sh.

Dair - Stylish Ganonesque stomp, meteors.

Grab pummel - Head bashes.

Forward throw - Spins 720° and throws, like Wario.

Back throw - German Suplexes the opponent. Kills at ~100% near the ledge, seems to be a kill throw.

Up throw - Argentine Backbreaker, similar to King K Rool, but without the leap past the blast lines.

Down throw - Come on and slam
Yeah he just bounces them off the floor. Combos at low to mid percents.

Neutral special - Darkest Lariat. High priority, acts a bit like Spinning Kong.

Side special - Unknown name, so let's call it Run the Ropes for now. Dashing grab that makes the opponent bounce off the ropes and towards you. What follows next depends on the input.
Early - Back body drop. Acts as a uthrow.
Correct - Powerful lariat. Kills at ~100% near ledge.
Late - Fails. Incineroar takes some damage.

Something to note is that the grab can be done in midair and that Incineroar will stay in place until it's over.

Up special - Cross chop. A recovery move that goes straight up and then diagonally left or right. Ledge snaps at any point in the animation. Can act out of it after the animation ends. People who have played the demo in Spain say it's "ok".

Down special - Revenge. A counter that stores increased power from a taken attack and unleashes it at the next move. Power depends on attack countered.

I think that's all. Feel free to correct me or add anything.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love The part in his gameplay where he chases Luigi and self destructs he's great.

But it's good top see the green man finally get a win. Also Luigi taunting after made me laugh.

Anyway he's grand.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
I love The part in his gameplay where he chases Luigi and self destructs he's great.

But it's good top see the green man finally get a win. Also Luigi taunting after made me laugh.

Anyway he's grand.
Luigi's just pissed at the living. I would be too if I died like that.

D

Deleted member

Yeah pretty much heard Mario and Simon might get it next.

Can't blame him.

Incineroar is awesome though.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
When will we get Incineroar disrespect montages? Cause that down air tho.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Man, that Sun and Moon Champion battle remix heard in the direct and Incineroar's overview video sounds amazing

Confirmation

Smash Ace
It's crazy to see Incineroar turned out better than I could've hoped.

Also nice to see people are finally noticing all the personality the 'mon has.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's crazy to see Incineroar turned out better than I could've hoped.

Also nice to see people are finally noticing all the personality the 'mon has.
"he's a boring fire cat meh!"

BRUH he's Category is a personality, what are you talking about?

Also when he wins matches feed him this.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
You know, now that we are discussing Incineroar's moveset, he should include a few pro wrestling moves just to make us pro wrestling fans pop

- RKO

- Rock Bottom/Book End

- Powerbomb

- Clothesline from Hell

- German Suplex

- DDT

- Moonsault
Pulling this back up because of his confirmation

BAH GAWD KING DAT GERMAN SUPLEX!

DAT CLOTHESLINE!

DAT MOONSAULT!

Top Bottom