• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Yeah I was genuinely prepared to see some backlash, and while there's still negativity towards Incineroar it's pushed back by genuine excitement and love for them everywhere I go. (I haven't checked other threads here admittedly lol)

People love the cat!

AuraWielder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AuraWielder
3DS FC
2363-6821-1127
I do think the final Direct was a little underwhelming, but I'm pretty satisfied with the roster as a whole!
Gotta be honest, I had NO CLUE what to make of the Grinch leak. Facts and fiction were being passed around, nothing getting really truly verified OR debunked. That was just one leak I decided to wait out.
Anyway, I've been pro-Incineroar for a while (was pro-Decidueye at first, but shifted to Incineroar when Vergeben picked up steam post-Ridley, as I was also a Ridley supporter), so I'm really happy the guy's in. He's gonna get some hate, but he's a heel. He'll thrive on it, and love the kids on the sidelines.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
As a Blaziken fan, I'm saddened by the fact that my favorite character will probably never be playable in Smash Bros (He would likely be considered too similar to Incineroar).

That being said, I like Incineroar (he is a fire type after all :)) and he looks pretty fun to play as. I might pick him up as a secondary.

Congrats guys!
You can still root for him! I'm still rooting for Blaziken as I see potential in him and the only thing that may be a problem is he can end up being a clone of C. Falcon

WORST SMASH REVEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMON SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS REPRESENTATION IN SMASH BROS FOR ****"S AMAZING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME AT ME WITH ALL YOUR PITCHFORK AND FLAMETORCHES! I REALLY CAN"T STAND THIS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE OTHER FRANCHISES IN SMASH MORE DESERVING OF A REP THAN A GENERIC FIRE BASED POKEMON

YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE ****ING CHARIZARD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's done and overwith. If you don't like him, don't play/use him. Simple as that

Memento_Mori

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, I probably deserve to be mocked for that last post I made. I was not in a good mood at all today (reasons unrelated to Smash) and seeing certain people act smug about getting Incineroar and the "box theory" right did not help at all, so I decided to take my frustration out on this thread. I didn't realize how stupid I was for saying that crap on a support thread until the post actually submitted. Even though I'm not all too excited for Incineroar, I'm sincerely sorry for lashing out against people who're genuinely excited for the character and I hope you guys have fun playing as him when the game comes out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Incineroar getting some congratulations is awesome thanks folks.

Good for it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I ****ing marked out when I saw this dude.
All of his moves are damn fun, we just need Jim Ross to narrate them.
Congratulations :denzel:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
For the record.. Incineroar debuted in flames like Kane with a ROOOOOAAAAAR like Braun Strowman

D

Deleted member

I'm so damn glad to have been proven wrong on this. Incineroar actually looks like a ton of fun to play around with. His moves look so flashy and over-the-top, which is exactly what I had hoped for him. His Final Smash in particular looked incredible. Also love how his grab game is a key component for him. He'll probably be in my personal Top 10, which is saying something coming from someone like me, who doesn't care for most of the roster.

Only thing I'm disappointed with is that he didn't come with a Alola stage. That, and I don't care much for his stock icon, but that's just a minor nitpick.

Also, that dark grey palette swap is to die for! Speaking of Palette swaps, I'm the guy who made a few using the original Pokemon render. I'm willing to make six more palette swaps using that render, so I'm taking requests! I'd use the Smash artwork, but my skill isn't quite good enough for that. @GoldenYuiitusin since you ran this place from the beginning, you get a reserved request.
I say a palette based on Tiger the Great the Third.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A combination of Lesnar/Kane/Strowman on Incineroar would make him a higher character on Raw

...oh wait this isn't the WWE

I still want an Incineroar image with him pointing at the Smash logo ala Royal Rumble winner pointing Wrestlemania.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

When you're mad you couldn't catch the bird on your first attempt so a Clothesline from Hell gets the job done

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm so glad it happen

I feel so guilty I took the bait I s should have known better they never not add a new Pokemon rep and I knew incineroar had the highest atvantage

That's the last rumor leak I assume real esrb I thought it was fake in the beginning and stuck with fake

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I say a palette based on Tiger the Great the Third.
Incineroar the Great the Sixty-Ninth

Made two since the colors looked a bit odd on the first. The first uses the red from Tiger's gloves on Incineroar's head, and doesn't really alter the head other than colors. The second leaves the red out completely and changed his head colors. The second changes his head colors to more accurately reflect Tiger's, but leaves the red out entirely.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So Incineroar taunts after every successful move. I wonder if doing an actual taunt could give a buff of some kind?

Less good news, it seems he's very slow, possibly even the slowest runner in the game. Well, it represents his generation well at least... and gives us the purest example of a grappler in Smash thus far.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ve been busy all day today but, holy ****ing ****! Inceneroar looks ****ing incredible and is 100% tied with K. Rool for the single best trailer ever. Ken is a definite plus for that too, lol.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
All things said and done and my negative bias towards Pokemon reps aside.

Incineroar looks pretty great and I dig his Black alt color. He looks pretty fierce.

Grats to the Incineroar fans.

Last edited:

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to y'all my dudes. I'm really happy that the Alola region is forever represented and wasn't left forgotten like Hoenn or Unova. Kenbro here, high five!
Pray for Sceptile DLC. Hoenn deserves better

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

God, I love how expressive Incineroar is in this game. This part in the trailer in particular made me burst out laughing.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

God, I love how expressive Incineroar is in this game. This part in the trailer in particular made me burst out laughing.
Yeah, I chuckled at that, too. Incineroar's exasperated look is hilarious.

CrocoLoco

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrocoLoco
Woooooo!
I can't believe they implemented his concept EXTREMELY WELL
Those taunts, those moves
He's as flashy as he gets!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Congratulations to the Bara Tiger!

I nevre really got into Pokémon SM, but I did start to get on the Incineroar train as people kept talking about him in the general thread. He looks great and I can't wait to play him. I think he may even be beating out Lucario in terms of how much I like the Pokémon characters.

Can't wait to see him in action!

Shroob

Sup?
As someone who was always super neutral on Verg, but had warmed up to Incineroar due to him, I gotta hand it to you guys.

Congratulations.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Coming from the Geno support thread,
Congratulations on getting the fire cat wrestler himself, Incineroar! I bet y'all's day has been going great! :)
He's honestly looking pretty cool as well! That side-B is very interesting too, with th e timing and such. He's looking to be a pretty neat fighter!

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm no Pokemon fan, but man does Incineroar look really awesome. I love the idea of a fire lion wrestler, and that Final Smash is just crazy.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
Coming from the Geno support thread,
Congratulations on getting the fire cat wrestler himself, Incineroar! I bet y'all's day has been going great! :)
He's honestly looking pretty cool as well! That side-B is very interesting too, with th e timing and such. He's looking to be a pretty neat fighter!
Thanks! While I don't know Geno too well, best of luck to you in the upcoming DLC.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

The thing that made me lose my **** was Villager. Look at him. Look at him go.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Yo, just dropping in here to give you guys my congratulations! Incineroar is a very welcome addition and a great fit for Smash Bros.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I think the main thing that bothered me about Incineroar in SuMo was his weird tube-arms and sausage fingers. I like how they gave him actual defined muscle in smash. Mix that with the personality he's just oozing with and this is definitely the best interpretation of Incineroar so far.

Alaskalana

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alaskalana
3DS FC
4871-7882-0999
Switch FC
SW-2013-3915-8713
I love this dude. He's the best Fire starter since Infernape! He looks beautiful in Ultimate. The detail on his fur, his facial animations...it's sublime. He'll definitely be in my top 5 most played fighters. I'm extremely happy for his inclusion.

Top Bottom