• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I love what they did on the Malicious Moonsault.

Still not a Moonsault, though

Master of Fire

Smash Cadet
As a Blaziken fan, I'm saddened by the fact that my favorite character will probably never be playable in Smash Bros (He would likely be considered too similar to Incineroar).

That being said, I like Incineroar (he is a fire type after all :)) and he looks pretty fun to play as. I might pick him up as a secondary.

Congrats guys!

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I really am really liking his moveset they gave him. It was a better idea to focus more on the wrestling aspect than on the fire aspect for him.

TBone06

Smash Ace
Won't lie, I wasn't overly fond of the direct, but they did a fantastic job with Incineroar. He looks like an awesome character to play as. They really did him justice. Happy for all of you.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
I will admit, I'd be a bit disappointed at first if Incineroar is the Gen VII Pokemon newcomer, as I much prefer Decidueye and Lycanroc. I just see much more promise with what they bring to the table, and feel that they have little to no risk of falling flat, whereas Incineroar could be an over-the-top fun grappler, or a generic wrestler that falls flat. In the end, it just depends on how Sakurai and the development team create him in Smash, assuming they chose him in the first place.
I'm so damn glad to have been proven wrong on this. Incineroar actually looks like a ton of fun to play around with. His moves look so flashy and over-the-top, which is exactly what I had hoped for him. His Final Smash in particular looked incredible. Also love how his grab game is a key component for him. He'll probably be in my personal Top 10, which is saying something coming from someone like me, who doesn't care for most of the roster.

Only thing I'm disappointed with is that he didn't come with a Alola stage. That, and I don't care much for his stock icon, but that's just a minor nitpick.

Also, that dark grey palette swap is to die for! Speaking of Palette swaps, I'm the guy who made a few using the original Pokemon render. I'm willing to make six more palette swaps using that render, so I'm taking requests! I'd use the Smash artwork, but my skill isn't quite good enough for that. @GoldenYuiitusin since you ran this place from the beginning, you get a reserved request.

D

Deleted member

Got to see some of Incineroar in action from the Nintendo Treehouse. Thanks KampFera.

He looks really awesome, his combination of moves plus look are amazing.

He is animated, powerful and slow but an amazing character no doubt.

Awesome stuff.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
It's amazing to see all the supporters here now with all the congratulations, means a lot to me I can definitely say! I'm glad we all had eachother to push our boi into Smash, and now we get the rewards of our triumph! Good luck to everyone else and their characters!

TokuDoku

Smash Rookie
I love what they did on the Malicious Moonsault.

Still not a Moonsault, though
Well technically, in Japan it's called "Hyper Dark Crusher" so it's fine. And I agree that this version looks nice. We all knew it would be his final smash, but not like this!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Congratulations my friends! Our Alola starter of choice has joined this legendary roster, now is a time for celebration!

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Noipoi Noipoi If it isn't too much to ask, do you think you could draw Incineroar roaring to the crowd, and have some of the supporters here as the cheering crowd? It'd make some awesome celebration art if you drew it.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'll see what I can do ;)
That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see it. :)

As a Blaziken fan, I'm saddened by the fact that my favorite character will probably never be playable in Smash Bros (He would likely be considered too similar to Incineroar).

That being said, I like Incineroar (he is a fire type after all :)) and he looks pretty fun to play as. I might pick him up as a secondary.

Congrats guys!
Blaziken is a Muay Tai kickboxer, Incineroar is an over-the-top wrestler, enough of a difference if you ask me. There's no reason we can't have both, so keep on cheering your favorite and we'll cheer you on!

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'm so happy with how they handled Incineroar. This hammy over the top style is exactly what I wanted.

Characters posing at the end of an animation is one of my favourite things in any fighting game and I'm glad Smash has a character that's packed with that, and on a wrestler to boot so it's perfect.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Incineroar looks cool :)

I was hoping Grinch Leak was real and that somehow Incineroar could be real alongside it (like an early banner or something), but the game is still great regardless, and some favorites could end up as DLC. Incineroar seems like he could be fun to play, too, and his taunts look great; I like the image where he's holding Pichu and Pikachu.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
User was warned for this post
WORST SMASH REVEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMON SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS REPRESENTATION IN SMASH BROS FOR ****"S AMAZING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME AT ME WITH ALL YOUR PITCHFORK AND FLAMETORCHES! I REALLY CAN"T STAND THIS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE OTHER FRANCHISES IN SMASH MORE DESERVING OF A REP THAN A GENERIC FIRE BASED POKEMON

YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE ****ING CHARIZARD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
YES!!!!!!!!

I woke up and watched it immediately trying to avoid spoilers. I saw a Piranha Plant in a thumbnail but blew it off as someone intentionally throwing in something random to get viewers. (well then that ended up still shocking me to no end... lol)

When they started with Ken in the ring, I got my hopes up. But I started to waver as maybe Ken is unique as I have no experience with Ryu as I barely played Smash 4. The yellow eyes watching!!! Kitty cat!?!?!?!

Then when he rushes onto stage I was like yep it's animalistic!!! He's here! But then I shot my hope in the foot as I thought I saw a giant King Bomb Bomb mustache when the fire was settling down so a moment of oh it's some random other fighter dude. I guess I was so ready to get fooled that I fooled myself. Seeing that fire wrestling cat emerge was awesome. Also the ending with him making that face as all his challengers line up was incredible.

He looks really fun and has all that charisma that I was hoping he could and would pull off! He's awesome!!!

Klimax

Smash Ace

POKEMON SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS REPRESENTATION IN SMASH BROS FOR ****"S AMAZING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME AT ME WITH ALL YOUR PITCHFORK AND FLAMETORCHES! I REALLY CAN"T STAND THIS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE OTHER FRANCHISES IN SMASH MORE DESERVING OF A REP THAN A GENERIC FIRE BASED POKEMON

YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE ****ING CHARIZARD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should chill bro, really. :laugh:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

I wanted them too but you don't see me crying about it.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
I've gotta say, while Incineroar looks fun to play as and i'm definitely trying him out, i would've been more excited if it wasn't for vergeben leaking it early.

Anyways, congrats to you all.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Quite damn glad you got your Hellfire Heel in your game, when back to some days things looked more grim on you all than anything. Incineroar looks to be a massive beast to deal with too.

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
regardless of my own thoughts i'm glad for those happy for incineroar's inclusion. they did incineroar really well in this game.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I want to call one of Incineroar's moves Tombstoner as reference to Cinnabar Gym and Undertaker.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
RIP Little Mac and Ken in the trailer. Ken got bodied for cheating in the ring with that surprise Hadoken. lol

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'll see what I can do ;)
Unrelated to the thread, but I've seen your art before and I just want to mention that I really like it for how cute it is.

I look forward to what you're going to make. :)

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
RIP Little Mac and Ken in the trailer. Ken got bodied for cheating in the ring with that surprise Hadoken. lol
Poor Little Mac looked really thrown off by that move!

That Incineroar FS looks amazing and it was good karma for Ken's cheap shot.

I was kind of hoping to see Incineroar trying to save Peach, Olimar, and/or Lucas from the death rays to of course fail since Kirby would be the only survivor. But been cute to see more interactions between the cast trying to fight it off/flee/protect each other than Kirby's grand escape.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Man, I wish there were some more characters, but Incineroar ended up being a good closer IMO. They absolutely nailed him in so many aspects.

Can't wait to play as him.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Poor Little Mac looked really thrown off by that move!

That Incineroar FS looks amazing and it was good karma for Ken's cheap shot.

I was kind of hoping to see Incineroar trying to save Peach, Olimar, and/or Lucas from the death rays to of course fail since Kirby would be the only survivor. But been cute to see more interactions between the cast trying to fight it off/flee/protect each other than Kirby's grand escape.
Seeing that would have broken my heart and yet make me love Incineroar even more. Which is weird to me because every time I think I couldn't love it more, they keep making it better.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Honestly, Incineroar is now the newcomer I'm looking forward to playing as the most. The expressions, the grabs, the attitude and of course the FLARE. He does what he does but does it with style.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Seeing that would have broken my heart and yet make me love Incineroar even more. Which is weird to me because every time I think I couldn't love it more, they keep making it better.
OMG, rewatching Sonic was reaching his hand towards the slower fleeing Pikachu before they both got killed. Y.Y

Ya makes me wish they had the big boy trying to save ones of the little ones by body blocking for it to go through him and kill all of them anyways. Kind of weird to want to watch my favorites die, but most of my favorites were straight up absent like Peach. Greninja was probably my only top tier favorite murdered on screen, lol.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
OMG, rewatching Sonic was reaching his hand towards the slower fleeing Pikachu before they both got killed. Y.Y

Ya makes me wish they had the big boy trying to save ones of the little ones by body blocking for it to go through him and kill all of them anyways. Kind of weird to want to watch my favorites die, but most of my favorites were straight up absent like Peach. Greninja was probably my only top tier favorite murdered on screen, lol.
First Marvel and now this, 2018 sure has been a rough year for beloved characters.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles

Memento_Mori

Banned via Warnings
User was warned for this post
Congrats on getting your boring furrybait a**holes.

Last edited:

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I was expecting truck tons of hate on him, but I am seeing quite a few people warm up to him cause of his awesome moves, his charisma, and also his fluffy fur. I'm glad more people are being open minded to him now that he entered the ring. Yes there's still hate being thrown around, sadly that's pretty expected as one of the last reveals since more people will be upset.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was expecting truck tons of hate on him, but I am seeing quite a few people warm up to him cause of his awesome moves, his charisma, and also his fluffy fur. I'm glad more people are being open minded to him now that he entered the ring. Yes there's still hate being thrown around, sadly that's pretty expected as one of the last reveals since more people will be upset.
Well, it's just like how it was when he was officially unveiled in SuMo. Once people finally get a good look at his personality and his moveset in action, they start to realize that he's actually a lot more interesting than he appears to be at first glance. Me, personally, I always liked Incineroar since the moment I saw the leaked concept art of him, but seeing him proper in SuMo makes me appreciate him all the more.

Top Bottom