• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bullheaded Onychomys- Vernon, CT someone lock please

Aesir

Smash Master
@ PoF + KevinM:

Friendlies mean jack **** there are times where people I usually beat, beat me because I simply don't care enough.

Play them in tourney and if it's even than you can brag, that's what I say at least.

Banks

Smash Hero
sheik can still counter skler, but you just have to be even MORE gay than him. A manly challenge indeed...

Spife

Smash Master
@ PoF + KevinM:

Friendlies mean jack **** there are times where people I usually beat, beat me because I simply don't care enough.
This, although you might not play people often so friendlies would be the only way to size eachother up. I think you should play friendlies but then have a legit set where you try (if you want bragging rights) but no johns on the loss like "well beat me in tourny".
MM is a good way to solve this but even then not all of us are made of money.

trademark0013

Smash Champion

Play them in tourney and if it's even than you can brag, that's what I say at least.
This, although you might not play people often so friendlies would be the only way to size eachother up. I think you should play friendlies but then have a legit set where you try (if you want bragging rights) but no johns on the loss like "well beat me in tourny".
MM is a good way to solve this but even then not all of us are made of money.
nope, friendlies mean more than you give them credit for. u get to learn whatever it is you need to learn before tourney. if you choose to sandbag, thats on you, but if u get ***** no johns

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
No johns at not having results up. Too many New England tournies do this.....

Except Maine =3

but yeah, results thread plox so I can give people my lovings.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Learning and improving are related but very different.

A lot of players have a period where they get worse trying out new tactics and incorporating them into their style, but when that period ends and they figure out what works and what doesn't, they are much better. I have seen this happen with both Scar and Cactuar. I have a feeling Mogwai is going to make a big jump soon too.

Also, results please.

Spife

Smash Master
you learn in friendlies sure, but it's not a test of skill at all. They're ****ing friendlies. Plus, when tryig out new things, aren't you sand bagging? You're certainly not trying your best to win.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
so, a silver controller with a purple plug somehow ended up in my wii bag, anyone missing a controller matching this description?
uhhm.. not sure about the whole purple plug thing, but I DO know that Kevin lost his controller, which was a silver one, with a silver plug, but had bite marks on it? (bowsers tend to get hungry?) so.. maybe there's that possibility that the owner of the purple-plug-controller grabbed kevin's by accident?

bleeh, lame mix-ups :\

Spife

Smash Master
uhhm.. not sure about the whole purple plug thing, but I DO know that Kevin lost his controller, which was a silver one, with a silver plug, but had bite marks on it? (bowsers tend to get hungry?) so.. maybe there's that possibility that the owner of the purple-plug-controller grabbed kevin's by accident?

bleeh, lame mix-ups :\
Dood mix ups are very important to smash though. Don't call them lame just cause you get caught by them.

Take MattDotZeb for example. Most falcos go pew pew pew then they approach, some just go pew pew or even pew and even on rare occasions (budai) there's no pewing at all. So when I play a falco, I expect a few Pews then for them to attack me. MattDotZeb does this, some times. But usually he uses the mix up of "pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew, rolls away, pew pew pew pew pew". It throws me off every time and I can't get close to him.

So don't write off mix ups like they're lame.

Sup? much <3 to everyone who read that.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I thought he meant mix ups as in....

Someone took the wrong controller by accident and now 2 people don't have their own controller.

Or... so I thought..

Results thread plz >_<

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Dood mix ups are very important to smash though. Don't call them lame just cause you get caught by them.

Take MattDotZeb for example. Most falcos go pew pew pew then they approach, some just go pew pew or even pew and even on rare occasions (budai) there's no pewing at all. So when I play a falco, I expect a few Pews then for them to attack me. MattDotZeb does this, some times. But usually he uses the mix up of "pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew pew, rolls away, pew pew pew pew pew". It throws me off every time and I can't get close to him.

So don't write off mix ups like they're lame.

Sup? much <3 to everyone who read that.
spife lmao.... he fiyaz his lazers

resultz plz?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I think he meant mix ups as in....

Someone took the wrong controller by accident and now 2 people don't have their own controller.

Or... so I thought..

Results thread plz >_<
Oh silly Tec0...

ThreeX was using a nice board mix up to make you think he was talking about "mixing" controllers "up" but Spife if definitely right. Except for the part where he said that mixups are good because not doing the same thing (pew) all game is bad.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
wow... XD nice post spife

results plz

sry, just had to add in on the fun B)

quick question to some peeps.. bagel bites vs pizza rolls, which one wins?'

EDIT: since mogwai checked his bag, I had to check mine.. Kevin, I'm guessing you havn't charged your phone yet CAUSE I HAVE YOUR CHARGER >___> good **** leaving it XD hopefully you come to lazer gate soon? yayuhzz

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
wow... XD nice post spife

results plz

sry, just had to add in on the fun B)

quick question to some peeps.. bagel bites vs pizza rolls, which one wins?'

EDIT: since mogwai checked his bag, I had to check mine.. Kevin, I'm guessing you havn't charged your phone yet CAUSE I HAVE YOUR CHARGER >___> good **** leaving it XD hopefully you come to lazer gate soon? yayuhzz
pizza rolls when they are good, bagel bites are more consistent though.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Mogwai: That purple plugged controller is mine. It says "Don't Loose Me" on the front right? Lol @ Velocity's bad spelling.

Top Bottom