• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bugs Tournament Match * 0-death 9 hammer kill!!!! *

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I think you played pretty poorly honestly aside from getting the awesome combo. The Falco was playing better than you, and mind you this is one of his worst matchups.

Like seriously, just duck. And D-tilt. It makes things a lot easier against Falco. Bucketing lasers isn't worth it unless you are recovering. You also D-smashed at bad times.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna criticize your game because thats not the reason for the thread. Combo was awesome, I'd never see that coming as a Falco player. But omg that Falco could not kill could he? Fsmash kills at 100% for G&W, you got till 170% + <_<

Neb

Smash Lord
Delayed nine hammer on the Green Green's blocks takes forever to leave. Try it :O
I rarely go on that stage. But wouldn't they're be a chance G&W flies off in smoke, or were the bomb-blocks nerfed?
lol, I can see that being completely broken though, nine is so OP now.

Bug~

Smash Ace
after i take off the first stock..im at 175% and then he doesnt touch me once..

its basically: bair -> nair -> bair -> bair -> bair -> nair -> nine hammer.

if you can show me a better 0-death nine hammer then by all means go ahead.

Neb

Smash Lord
It was better.
And the Falco player was clearly having a seizure from shock of the 9 while recovering.
Yours was less epic since the Falco had no time to react, while mine was, since the viewers got to see the player in complete struggle.
I'm only kidding, sheesh.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
after i take off the first stock..im at 175% and then he doesnt touch me once..

its basically: bair -> nair -> bair -> bair -> bair -> nair -> nine hammer.

if you can show me a better 0-death nine hammer then by all means go ahead.
Looking at the thread's title, I was expecting to see a number of consecutive inescapable consecutive hits including a #9, which killed your opponent from 0%. I saw none of that. But It is possible that I've either read the thread's title wrong, or I don't know the meaning of "0-death" and "combo".

Bug~

Smash Ace
0-death means that your opponent is at 0% and you take that current stock off with him not touching you once.

"combo" means inescapable moves..however this is brawl so w/e..dont call it a combo then..one attack lead to another and eventually killed the opponent with a nine without getting touched. get off my **** seriously..

if you dont like it then just dont post.

Neb- I couldnt tell if u were or werent..failure by me. lol.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
0-death means that your opponent is at 0% and you take that current stock off with him not touching you once.

"combo" means inescapable moves..however this is brawl so w/e..dont call it a combo then..one attack lead to another and eventually killed the opponent with a nine without getting touched. get off my **** seriously..

if you dont like it then just dont post.

Neb- I couldnt tell if u were or werent..failure by me. lol.
I always thought that a 0-death combo was a number of inescapable consecutive hits that could be performed on an opponent starting at 0% and that leads to death, my fault. Also, I don't think I have posted my opinion on your video. But anyways, congratulations on your accomplishment.:)

Bug~

Smash Ace
well..fvck man, i didnt say **** to start the flame..I was just posting wat i thought was nice..if you dont like it then why post.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Oh great, not another flame war... Anyways, does anyone know the properties of whether the hammer hits Nines more often if you don't use it as much (this was the case in Melee)?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Bug, that wasn't a combo. It was nice, and although people have no reason to be hating on your game (which you were playing terrible compared to how you usually play, by the way), it was misleading. Don't worry about it.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
It was a nice kill and there was some great DI to stay alive to 175. I've seen you play better (like at GOML1) but that doesnt matter because that was still a nice kill.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
ruuku suddenly seems very pedantic and annoying. bug, i enjoyed your video and thought it was a fun and hilarious match to watch. poor falco player.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
ruuku suddenly seems very pedantic and annoying. bug, i enjoyed your video and thought it was a fun and hilarious match to watch. poor falco player.
A title which fails to represent the thread's content surely isn't a detail of minute importance. Also I do not believe that any of my word were insulting in any way. But I do believe that your analysis of my behavior seems rather shallow.

jinkogunai

Smash Apprentice
why does he seems pedantic? he didnt voice an opinion at all. but i gotta admit though, ruuku's kinda right. i didnt see a combo at all! usually a combo has a consecutive sequence of atks that cant be blocked, and that wasn't one. i think thats all ruuku's sayin. if people dont want to hear the truth about what they posted, then dont post at all. besides, isn't that what a posting is for?

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
Bug, you're wrong. 0-death combo means you killed your opponent from 0% with one combo (a series of attacks linked together so that the hitstun from any previous attack is not finished by the time the next attack is dealt). This was not a combo.. a funny/great kill, but the title of this thread is inaccurate.

Neb

Smash Lord
Bug, you're wrong. 0-death combo means you killed your opponent from 0% with one combo (a series of attacks linked together so that the hitstun from any previous attack is not finished by the time the next attack is dealt). This was not a combo.. a funny/great kill, but the title of this thread is inaccurate.
No, no your wrong. This isn't Melee. And I'm tired of, "That's not a combo" mumbo-jumbo.
Yes, most of you are right, it wasn't a "combo" in Brawl's sense, because there was plenty of escape-routes/not enough hit stun. But it was a chain of consecutive hits that were not avoided, so yes, it was a 0-death kill, but not a 0-death combo. Nowhere does it say 0-death kills are limited to just combos.

:E, Er.
There should seriously be a new word for combo in brawl, every combo video a nub replies- "Brawl doesn't have combos, durr", @_o.
Melee Monkeys, xD.

Top Bottom