• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bugs Tournament Match * 0-death 9 hammer kill!!!! *

pastaboy

Smash Champion
^^totally right, considering how good minus's falco is you did fine, and the 9-combo or w/e the hell you wanna call it, it was awsome, too bad i didnt get to face you...

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
No, no your wrong. This isn't Melee. And I'm tired of, "That's not a combo" mumbo-jumbo.
Yes, most of you are right, it wasn't a "combo" in Brawl's sense, because there was plenty of escape-routes/not enough hit stun. But it was a chain of consecutive hits that were not avoided, so yes, it was a 0-death kill, but not a 0-death combo. Nowhere does it say 0-death kills are limited to just combos.

:E, Er.
There should seriously be a new word for combo in brawl, every combo video a nub replies- "Brawl doesn't have combos, durr", @_o.
Melee Monkeys, xD.
Try reading posts before you quote them, it helps more than you'd think. The title states "0-death combo". I stated "the title of this thread is inaccurate", and explained why. If you claim combo, it should be a combo, period. Hopefully this isn't too difficult of a concept for you to grasp.

Bug~

Smash Ace
thanks for posting for the first kreator..real mature.

guys wen i say combo..i mean a "brawl" combo...ur clearly not going to see any melee combos with hit stuns that are inescapable thats why I put combo...cause its a "brawl" combo which means no hit stun...

w/e, if your gunna spazz out ill change the title

Neb

Smash Lord
Try reading posts before you quote them, it helps more than you'd think. The title states "0-death combo". I stated "the title of this thread is inaccurate", and explained why. If you claim combo, it should be a combo, period. Hopefully this isn't too difficult of a concept for you to grasp.
I'm quoting this part-

"0-death combo means you killed your opponent from 0% with one combo (a series of attacks linked together so that the hitstun from any previous attack is not finished by the time the next attack is dealt)."

You sound like your discussing a Melee combo. You can't combo like that in Brawl, not enough hit stun.
And after that bit, I was replying to all the other posters who said, it wasn't a combo, etc, etc. :dizzy:.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
wow, so if you win a match without taking any damage, you did took 3 stocks off with ONE COMBO! OMG!!! seriously.. if the meaning of the word "combo" has been altered to accommodate brawl's general lack of true combos, that's sad. oh well, like i said, this was still a nice kill.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
No, no your wrong. This isn't Melee. And I'm tired of, "That's not a combo" mumbo-jumbo.
Yes, most of you are right, it wasn't a "combo" in Brawl's sense, because there was plenty of escape-routes/not enough hit stun. But it was a chain of consecutive hits that were not avoided, so yes, it was a 0-death kill, but not a 0-death combo. Nowhere does it say 0-death kills are limited to just combos.
But this thread did not advertise a 0-death kill. That is the point.

:E, Er.
There should seriously be a new word for combo in brawl, every combo video a nub replies- "Brawl doesn't have combos, durr", @_o.
Melee Monkeys, xD.
I've played a gigantic amount of 2D and 3D fighting games at a competitive level, long before the Smash Bros. series even existed. So I'm definitely not thinking Melee when mentioning combos. Also, I have to say that I think combos exist in Brawl. Rather than depending on hit stun, combos may differ according to your opponent's specific animations when recovering from hits. This would mean that one would have to study matchups in a deeper manner, focusing on their opponent more.

Then again, I don't own this game and I haven't played it in like two months. I probably don't know what I'm talking about. Anyways, let stop being off topic any further.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
A title which fails to represent the thread's content surely isn't a detail of minute importance. Also I do not believe that any of my word were insulting in any way. But I do believe that your analysis of my behavior seems rather shallow.
"i do believe your analysis of my behavior..." lol, pedantic. im sick of these nerds with huge post counts acting like anyone cares what they say just cuz they got nothin better to do. this game is just for fun to alot of ppl, and it looks to me like bug is a good player!

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
ruuku is a loser who thinks hes a badass for playin video games all **** day. you can flaunt your fighting game history all day man, you arent gonna convince me of anything other than youre desperate for some attention from ppl u'll never meet on the internet. oh, you dont even have the game? gtfo

Neb

Smash Lord
Why does everyone think I'm directing something at them. I'm just speaking about the combo madness in general.
Its whatever, whatever.

:/.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
"i do believe your analysis of my behavior..." lol, pedantic. im sick of these nerds with huge post counts acting like anyone cares what they say just cuz they got nothin better to do. this game is just for fun to alot of ppl, and it looks to me like bug is a good player!
Why don't you go talk to these nerds which make you sick. I don't see what this has to do with me. Unless you view make a clear post as being condescending, that is.

ruuku is a loser who thinks hes a badass for playin video games all **** day.
So you're basically still babbling and making stuff up because you don't know what to post. I suggest that you try to interact with people more often so that you may seem less socially awkward.

you can flaunt your fighting game history all day man, you arent gonna convince me of anything other than youre desperate for some attention from ppl u'll never meet on the internet.
See, your issue here is that you seem to believe that you're important enough for me to try and convince you of anything. At least you're able to pick up on one thing right. I do need people's attention on these forums since I'm a tournament director.

oh, you dont even have the game? gtfo
Please try not to post things like that. It makes you seem like a scrub.

Why does everyone think I'm directing something at them. I'm just speaking about the combo madness in general.
Its whatever, whatever.

:/.
It's all good, man. It's just that a lot of people here don't realize that not everyone played Melee competitively before Brawl, but do still have at least some knowledge of fighting games. Like I said it's all good. <3 :)

Neb

Smash Lord
Alright, I just hoped you weren't thinking I was targeting you or something, :urg:.
Egh, the G&W boards are so detached, its sorta discouraging.
I kinda preferred it when he was less popular.
Argument aside, nice kill, Bug.

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
haha, look at that giant post, looks like someone had his nerd feelings hurt :' (

all im sayin is for the naysayers to get out of bug's thread. this is HIS thread, not yours. if you wanna argue ad nauseum about what is or isnt a "combo", make your own thread.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
haha, look at that giant post, looks like someone had his nerd feelings hurt :' (

all im sayin is for the naysayers to get out of bug's thread. this is HIS thread, not yours. if you wanna argue ad nauseum about what is or isnt a "combo", make your own thread.
Feelings hurt? I imagine I was right about you thinking you're that significant, huh? Giant post? I guess you're too delusional to see that half of it is made of quotes from your twaddling. Your folie de grandeur would have been interesting if i hadn't taken Psych 101 years ago. Through your rambling, you should realize that it also is HIS thread and not yours. And that he and I already resolved the small conflict there was in a positive way. Then I clearly said that I wanted to avoid getting off topic. So again, try not acting like a scrub.:ohwell:

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
POW!! Right in the kisser!!!

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
lol. i guess. these boards have gotten really lame. thank god for your psych 101, you sure sound real smart now bud : )

Dj Chopin

Smash Apprentice
significant? wtf this is smashboards. we're here to ***** about the characters we have a hard time beating, what does significant have to do with anything? you are the one obsessed with your significance and e-reputation, clearly. i just play this game cuz i think its fun, i dont give a **** about what some lanky tournament director in flordia thinks about me on here. i got a real life man, unlike yourself, mr tourny host who has taken high school psychology. i got a bachelor's, mang, and a girl (i know i know, but your computer animated chick avatars dont count, son)

i personally dont think significance is determined by high you can drive up your post count by tryin to tear ppl down when they post videos of their hilarious tournament matches. thats all i gotta say. you sound stuffy and arrogant, neither of which will earn you any merit, so i just pointed out that this wasnt your thread to do so in. i know i hurt your nerd feelings man, im so terrible sorry, please award me significance in your highly-posted eyes!!!!

im done with this thread, you can ***** some more if you want, but i wont be reading it. i dont care who agrees or disagrees with me, its a ****in video game forum! lighten up mother****ers!

Neb

Smash Lord
significant? wtf this is smashboards. we're here to ***** about the characters we have a hard time beating, what does significant have to do with anything? you are the one obsessed with your significance and e-reputation, clearly. i just play this game cuz i think its fun, i dont give a **** about what some lanky tournament director in flordia thinks about me on here. i got a real life man, unlike yourself, mr tourny host who has taken high school psychology. i got a bachelor's, mang, and a girl (i know i know, but your computer animated chick avatars dont count, son)

i personally dont think significance is determined by high you can drive up your post count by tryin to tear ppl down when they post videos of their hilarious tournament matches. thats all i gotta say. you sound stuffy and arrogant, neither of which will earn you any merit, so i just pointed out that this wasnt your thread to do so in. i know i hurt your nerd feelings man, im so terrible sorry, please award me significance in your highly-posted eyes!!!!

im done with this thread, you can ***** some more if you want, but i wont be reading it. i dont care who agrees or disagrees with me, its a ****in video game forum! lighten up mother****ers!

cutter

Smash Champion

cutter

Smash Champion
I think it would be really nice if there was a mod for each character board. There would be far less spam and whatnot. Not to mention it would take a lot of pressure off the current mod staff because they have to mod a HUGE forum that is SWF.

Top Bottom