• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It also seems like Hornet Man had a pretty tough stage without items, but it's been awhile.
I love the MM9 Stages.
They are long as hell, play great music, and the Difficulty Level is pretty much perfect.

For myself I'm probably going to have to say Drill Man's stage. I don't think I've ever made it through that stage without the help of Skull Barrier or an E-Tank. Those stupid falling rocks. >_>
protip: Try Pharaoh Shot and keep a charged shot above your head.
Quite franky, the Pharaoh Shot can be used a lot on that stage.
Falling rocks(chunks of dirt?), those flying things that shoot at you, and Lady Bugs, all seem to dive into your sun on purpose. :smirk:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So off topic (in an off topic thread, is that possible?) Anyone try Megaman Unlimited yet?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
So off topic (in an off topic thread, is that possible?) Anyone try Megaman Unlimited yet?

I hadn't heard of it until you posted this, so I decided to download it and try it out.

WHO IN THE F*** MAKES A CLASSIC MEGA MAN GAME WITHOUT CHECKPOINTS?!

Augh, it's every bit as difficult as the original games, except you have to restart the entire level every time you die... :c

(... guess I'll try and try again.)

Neo Zero

Wait, no checkpoints? Seriously.....that kind of makes me not want to get it lol....

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Wait, no checkpoints? Seriously.....that kind of makes me not want to get it lol....

Ayuppp. I've died my way through 6 out of 8 of the starting RoboMaster stages, I have yet to even encounter a boss.

I just went through two stages in a row that were particularly funny...

One, the theme was "Trinitro Man", meaning that every single thing in the stage explodes as soon as you touch it.
The other was like Quick Man's Laser Beams of Death, except they rotate.

F*****************.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
^ Sounds challenging.
Imma try it out.

After an hour of playing it, I have finally encountered one of the robot masters! Also, I have discovered that there are checkpoints, it's just that levels are rather long and there are only two checkpoints: One after the level's miniboss and one right before the boss itself.

So... still hard. But there are checkpoints.

I'd start against Nail Man-- his level seems to be the easiest, the miniboss was pretty easy compared to the others I fought, and the Master himself seems to have some pretty regular patterns.

EDIT!

Bwa ha, I beat Nail Man! He's definitely a fantastic choice for the first boss, because as it turns out...

I've got Rush Jet now! Take that, platforming segments!
And the Nail Shield is unreasonably good- not too expensive and it hurts shielded enemies!
Oh, and it just completely blocks enemy projectiles. Godly.

I'm still dying constantly on the other stages, mind you... but it's nice.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
After an hour of playing it, I have finally encountered one of the robot masters! Also, I have discovered that there are checkpoints, it's just that levels are rather long and there are only two checkpoints: One after the level's miniboss and one right before the boss itself.

So... still hard. But there are checkpoints.

I'd start against Nail Man-- his level seems to be the easiest, the miniboss was pretty easy compared to the others I fought, and the Master himself seems to have some pretty regular patterns.

EDIT!

Bwa ha, I beat Nail Man! He's definitely a fantastic choice for the first boss, because as it turns out...

I've got Rush Jet now! Take that, platforming segments!
And the Nail Shield is unreasonably good- not too expensive and it hurts shielded enemies!
Oh, and it just completely blocks enemy projectiles. Godly.

I'm still dying constantly on the other stages, mind you... but it's nice.
I'm not gonna read that spoiler yet :p
Ya, it's hard alright.

I defeated Comet Woman. She wasn't really that hard, and her stage is a bit easier than the others imo.

About Rainbow Man's stage. Can this possibly be the first Robot Master Stage ever that can't be beat w/o a specific weapon/item? O_o

Neo Zero

Actually the GB Mega Man games have stages with forced item usage (albeit, they're technically Wily stages, but they're still robot master stages)

No you don't need anything for Rainbow Man's stage. Also I can tell you where to go with Comet and Nail if you guys want

Also Comet is hella good, invincible Dash ftw

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Actually the GB Mega Man games have stages with forced item usage (albeit, they're technically Wily stages, but they're still robot master stages)

No you don't need anything for Rainbow Man's stage. Also I can tell you where to go with Comet and Nail if you guys want

Also Comet is hella good, invincible Dash ftw
I've never played the GB Games :crying:

Rainbow Man Stage:
Oh.. since the 2'nd Laser Room is sort of a puzzle, I expected the same when I entered the 3'rd Laser Room.
Never thought of just speeding through it until just now, hah.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Wahoo! Beat my second robot master! Take that, Tank Man!

The difficulty is a little offset by the ease of which you can find enough bolts to purchase E and W tanks...

In the original games I wouldn't be usin' them, but I don't feel so bad with this game.

I think I'm gonna go Comet Girl next. Airdash sounds kind of wonderful right now.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Speaking of MM fangames, there was this one that was focused on multiplayer.

Players used Mega Man, Protoman, Bass, and Enker.
Anybody heard/seen it? And remember what it was called?

-------------------------

MY TURN
don't know if it's been done yet... but...

BEST/WORST ROBOT MASTER STAGE SONG

Going first:

BEST

It's upbeat as heck. Makes me want to bob my head in rythm each and every time. I also think it fits nicely with him.
Not to mention the little bad guy (forgot its name) that greets us in the stage walks in rythm to the song. XD Always found that funny and cool at the same time.

WORST:

Megaman 8 as a whole has the black sheep of soundtracks... Not to say it's bad, but it's just not Megaman-like.

It's very soft and down-beat. Kinda like Easy-listening or something.
Sword Man here has imo a really boring tune for background.
I get that it gets the job done to represent a misterious and abandoned castle, but considering the contrast to most all of the early Robot Master stage songs this has GOT to rank among the lowest of them all.

(I was going to say Astro Man, but the fact that I at least remember the song tells me it's memorable)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
q, you have very good choices weakness wise :p

Good lord, I sure do-- I've just been going from difficulty of stage, easiest to hardest... I just blew through Yo-Yo Man, his weakness was hilariously effective.

I'm kinda hoping to do Rainbow Man and Nitro Man last... their stages made me unhappy.

Though...

My favorite flying dog will probably make certain parts easier. Except for Rainbow Man's stage, that will no doubt be superhell.

Five Robot Overlords down, three to go! ... well, four, according to the digi-manual that came with the game. Mysterioussss.

Neo Zero

The last stage has to do with the 4 letters you'll see in the weapon menu. Find those 4 letters and something cool will happen

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
:crying:

I may have beaten Rainbow Man's stage and then forgotten to save before quitting.

Son of a *******.

Only 2 and/or 3 stages left, guyssss. Then on to the apparently impossible Dr. Wily stages.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
:crying:

I may have beaten Rainbow Man's stage and then forgotten to save before quitting.

Son of a *******.

Only 2 and/or 3 stages left, guyssss. Then on to the apparently impossible Dr. Wily stages.
I love Rainbow Man's Stage now.

It's so ridiculously challenging that it's fun.

And I think it's cool that you
fall, fall, fall, all the way to the Master, as well as the stage giving you countless Extra Lives through out the stage.

Best/worst Robot Master Theme?
(1.............................10?)

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I finished playing through Mega Man Unlimited the other day and man, very cool! Except for how overly difficult it is at times, it feels like a full fledged Mega Man game, which was great to experience again. I think they're working on making a version with an easy mode, which sounds great because I would love for more people to play and enjoy all the cool moments the game has to offer without becoming frustrated and quitting (I just loved what I saw so much that I refused to quit even after many many MANY deaths).

It's impossible to say what my favorite Robot Master theme is because sooooo many of them are amazing! There's some like Elec Man's that are classic to hear and I love so much that I get excited going to their level, but it's also nice to hear more obscure ones on remix albums that don't get arranged that often (like Wave Man or Star Man or any Mega Man 5 one!). I guess I'll just stick with Elec Man as an answer because it always pops into my head first.

The worst is probably in Mega Man 8... I'll agree with shinhed-echi and say Sword Man because it's not an enjoyable song to think about. I don't like Magic Man's that much either.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
MMUnlimited definitely feels like a genuine MM game. The Robot Master powers that you acquire might actually be better thought out than the average MM power set, since I genuinely find myself using them during stages all the time while in a lot of MM games there's really no need to pull them out until the boss.

I'm on the secret robot master stage right now. It's... well. Sigh.

As far as MM themes go, I'm enjoying listening through this music countdown video made by the main MMU creator.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
MMUnlimited definitely feels like a genuine MM game. The Robot Master powers that you acquire might actually be better thought out than the average MM power set, since I genuinely find myself using them during stages all the time while in a lot of MM games there's really no need to pull them out until the boss.
Agreed.

I find myself using the following powers a lot:
Rainbow
Comet
Glue
Nail (Shields are practical in most titles, after all)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Agreed.

I find myself using the following powers a lot:
Rainbow
Comet
Glue
Nail (Shields are practical in most titles, after all)

I find myself using the Nail Shield the most... the fact that it hurts enemies with weakpoints even when you don't hit the actual weakpoint makes some mini-bosses a joke, and blocking mini-boss projectiles at the same time is just icing on the awesomecake.

I don't really use the rainbow much, but I've only had it for a short period of time... I've found it disappointingly weak. I also haven't been using the jet homing missiles just because they take too much time to actually function, I would've liked them more if they homed in by default and then charging them set off a flurry of missiles or something.

It feels great to use the comet-- it's saved me from falling to my death several times and it was fantastic during Rainbow man's stage at times.

The tank arsenal is kind of fun, too... bypasses some enemy shields and just throws shiz everywhere.

Anyway, fun powers.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I find myself using the Nail Shield the most... the fact that it hurts enemies with weakpoints even when you don't hit the actual weakpoint makes some mini-bosses a joke, and blocking mini-boss projectiles at the same time is just icing on the awesomecake.

I don't really use the rainbow much, but I've only had it for a short period of time... I've found it disappointingly weak. I also haven't been using the jet homing missiles just because they take too much time to actually function, I would've liked them more if they homed in by default and then charging them set off a flurry of missiles or something.

It feels great to use the comet-- it's saved me from falling to my death several times and it was fantastic during Rainbow man's stage at times.

The tank arsenal is kind of fun, too... bypasses some enemy shields and just throws shiz everywhere.

Anyway, fun powers.
Dude, Rainbow is sick.
It can totally shut down falling hazards as well as damage "hard to reach" enemies, and enemies with "weakpoints".
It's sort of a disjointed Shield Weapon.
And it drains like no energy. :colorful:

Bro, when I first fought Tank Man, and he started to bombard me like he does, I was like "What an awesome barrage of projectiles. I wonder what power I get when I beat this guy", then when I got his power, I was like:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
RM themes? I don't really have a opinion on the best theme, though I think the worst themes would come from Mega Man II.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Dude, Rainbow is sick.
It can totally shut down falling hazards as well as damage "hard to reach" enemies, and enemies with "weakpoints".
It's sort of a disjointed Shield Weapon.
And it drains like no energy. :colorful:

Bro, when I first fought Tank Man, and he started to bombard me like he does, I was like "What an awesome barrage of projectiles. I wonder what power I get when I beat this guy", then when I got his power, I was like:

Rightttt, those rainbow uses make sense. I just never think of hazards as hurtable, I'd mostly just used it for weakpoint and hard to hit enemies and decided it wasn't strong enough (and the damage pulses sometimes missed the correct timing).

That's exactly what my thoughts were when I fought Tank Man, hehe.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Not sure if this is relevant to the discussion but I would love if this theme was in the game.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Worst: It's hard to pick a worst, but Imma say Gyro Man's theme.
It's dissapointing how such a badass character can have such a not badass theme.
The song itself isn't really "bad", but it's not good either.
That plus that fact that it doesn't match how badass Gyro Man is, makes it the worst, and I had to pick something.

Best: It's even harder to pick a best.
I would like to name around 15, but Imma go with Tornado Man - Bubble Man as a close 2'nd.
I get emotional when I listen to Bubble Man's theme. All Childhood Memories and the song is very good.
Tornado Man's theme makes me feel free, and pumped up, as I jump on platforms 5000 feet in the air.

Neo Zero

Worst: It's hard to pick a worst, but Imma say Gyro Man's theme.
It's dissapointing how such a badass character can have such a not badass theme.
The song itself isn't really "bad", but it's not good either.
That plus that fact that it doesn't match how badass Gyro Man is, makes it the worst, and I had to pick something.

Best: It's even harder to pick a best.
I would like to name around 15, but Imma go with Tornado Man - Bubble Man as a close 2'nd.
I get emotional when I listen to Bubble Man's theme. All Childhood Memories and the song is very good.
Tornado Man's theme makes me feel free, and pumped up, as I jump on platforms 5000 feet in the air.
I feel very free there too. I'm free when I somehow always jump down on those rotating platforms.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Best:

MM1: Timeman (If it counts, if not then Gutsman)
MM2: Metalman
MM3: Snakeman
MM4: Brightman or Skullman
MM5: Napalmman or Waveman
MM6: Flameman, Knightman, or Tomahawkman
MM7: Freezeman*
MM8: Frostman or Grenademan
MM&B: Coldman
MM9: Magmaman
MM10: Sheepman

* It took everything I had to come to that result. :( Seriously I love all of MM7 alot and equally alot. Well except...

Worst:

MM1: Everything else
MM2: Crashman
MM3: ...
MM4: Ringman
MM5: ...
MM6: Windman
MM7: Shademan **
MM8: Astroman
MM&B: Magicman
MM9: Plugman
MM10: Commandoman

** That includes the Ghouls and Ghost (I think it was G&G) remix. It's ok I guess but I'm not a big fan of either of his themes.

Choosing a definative favorite and least favorite RM theme is too hard. Even narrowing them by game is extremely tough. Some of the ones listed on the "worst" are good to me. However, I'm just not a fan of MM1's soundtrack.

Neo Zero

Oh ya, I guess MMPU should be on the list too...anyway

Best: Metal Man - Best weapon, Best theme. If you need one of those fancy reason thingys, it's an excellent song (which was very very complex at the time for the NES, but then again, so was the rest of MM2), plus it just fit the vibe of the robot Master and stage while being amazingly catchy

Worst: Tengu Man (MM&B Version) - This ones got almost no energy, it's just sort of boring....really, no other better reason then that, which goes to show how excellent the Mega Man music is as a whole.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just got the last issue of World's Collide in the mail today. Kinda bummed with it, feels like it was rushed a bit and it honestly doesn't have a proper ending believe it or not.

[collapse=Plot Summary]

Dr. Light, Protoman, and Sonic's crew are continuing to have a tough time fighting against the Robot Master army, but out of nowhere the MM1 RMs ride in on Item 2s to provide back up. This gives Dr. Light, Rush, Protoman, and Knuckles the chance to head aboard the Skull Egg. Protoman/Knuckles catch Wily/Eggman by surprise and force them to retreat to their Wily Egg Machine temporarily while Dr. Light quickly frees Mega Man/Sonic allowing Mega Man to fuse with Rush for the Super Rush Adapter. Protoman/Knuckles continue their fight against the Wily Egg Machine, to which they have a very easy time against as it's discovered that Wily's Defenses and Eggman's Weapons were sabotaged by the other.

Mega Man/Sonic learn that Dr. Light cannot stop the Super Genesis Wave, so Sonic decides to improvise by reversing things the old fashioned way. Wily/Eggman get their machine back online and use some to the Chaos Emerald powers it runs on to fully repair it, just as the Super Genesis Wave begins activation.

However, both Mega Man/Sonic appear and reveal that they've both gone "Super" and begin to fight against the Wily Egg Machine to which they quickly defeat. Sonic shows Mega Man how to use Chaos Control as they each prepare to fire energy ball shots to repair their respective universes.

Despite Wily's warnings, Eggman, who refuses to admit defeat, tackles Super Sonic disrupting Sonic's Chaos Control. Sonic yells to Mega Man to not worry about him and to finish fixing his own universe to which Mega Man does and begins to glow white. Sonic, however, realizing it's now or never, despite being attacked by Eggman takes the shot, and to his and Eggman's horror discover that something doesn't look right as they themselves start to glow white. [/collapse]

Neo Zero

So in this downtime while waiting for something new, I'm slightly curious, does anyone besides me just sit around thinking of making combo videos for something they want (in this case, our beloved Blue Bomber in Smash)?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So, anyone else hope that the Mega Man Assist Trophy is a two in one? What i mean is that i hope that it has two characters summoned at the same time. (Protoman and Bass)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So, anyone else hope that the Mega Man Assist Trophy is a two in one? What i mean is that i hope that it has two characters summoned at the same time. (Protoman and Bass)
Or X and Zero.

Who is the most intelligent Robot Master?
(MM1 ........................... 10)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Who is the most intelligent Robot Master?
(MM1 ........................... 10)
I'd like to name a few:
Dust Man - He looks like the calm and calculating type.
Burst Man - Also calm and calculating.
Bright Man - This guy looks like a total Master Mind.
Magic Man - I'd like to think magicians are generally smart.
Astro Man - He could be just a stupid robot, or an accurate Super Computer. I don't know. He's so weird.

In the end, Imma go with Bright Man.
Dat lamp.

Neo Zero

Doesnt it say who's the smartest in MM&B? Granted that doesnt include 9 and 10, but no one from those games seems all that smart.

Top Bottom