• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shadowman had a pretty cool redesign in the Battle Network series. Cutman's design was about as good in my mind. They managed to capture what made the original design work. Fireman Knightman and Tomahawkman all had good re-designs too.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I generally prefer the Robot Master designs but my favorite transitions are definitely Windman and Yamatoman. Windman went from some bulky yellow orange robot to this awesome cool icy blue knight and Yamatoman from a bulky purple samurai to and icy blue streamlined look. It helps that Knights and Samurai are my two favorite warrior types. It's such a shame that they are only one-time characters.

Of the more recurring characters I'd say Searchman he just looks so awesome. I used to nickname him "Redhead Solid Snake"....

Laika: "Search? Search?? SEARRCCCHHHH!!!!!!??????"

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Elec Man

I was never really a fan of a lot of the original MM1 designs (partly because of how overly simple they are), but I love the new Netnavi design for Elec Man. It's sleek, its still obviously Elec Man (such as the lightning bolt design) but with some awesome new additions like the....generators? that are on his back. It kind of goes with what I was saying about Burner Man back in Favorite Robot Master design (who coincidentally also has an excellent NetNavi)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Bubbleman and Skullman are definitely among the RM that got the blunt end of the derp stick as well as Topman. I'd add Pharaohman.exe as well, but a flying pharaoh tomb makes sense as uninteresting as it is.

Edit: Apparently the proper name for a pharaoh's tomb triggers the word censors. o_0

Neo Zero

Oh lord Top Man....you used to be cool.

Though to be fair, I like the idea behind the design, an old school toy trying to find a place in the modern world. Just could of been executed better.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If there was a playable Robot Master/Maverick in SSB4,
who would you want, and why?
Feel free to add B-moves and Final Smash if you like, but it's not a must.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well my favorites Tenguman and Jet Stingray would have broken air control, and I don't think anyone from MM1 would have any real moveset potential. After some thinking I have come to the conclusion that Freezeman or Grenademan would make an awesome RM playables in Smash.

Freezeman:
B: Ice Capsule (The one you see him in when you enter his boss room)
^B: Err something with icicles I guess
>B: Freeze Cracker
vB: Freeze the Floor (Which causes everyone to slip and a slight chance to rip)
FINAL SMASH: Freeze the stage (Like the vB except the WHOLE stage)

Because he always tries to strike a pose he could have super-hero themed punch and kick normals and the pose itself could be a taunt.

Alternatively

Grenademan:
B: Flash Bomb
^B: Grenade Toss (Fires below when in air to propel himself)
>B: Hyper Dash
vB: Crazy Destroyer (The Bombs he used to blow up the floor.)
FINAL SMASH : "THAT FELT GOOD!!!" (Explodes, KOing himself and anyone within a given radius. May not want to use on last stock though)

Sadly never made a Nintendo appearance. :( If you don't count the GameCube version of Anniversary collection.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Blizzard Buffalo

He'd be a slow powerhouse around the same size and weight as Bowser.

B: Blizzard Beam
A powerful, chargable projectile with the speed and range of Samus' nB.
However, it's a thick beam rather than a ball.
While pretty weak uncharged, the fully chraged version does heavy damage and freezes the opponent
If you manage to land a fully charged beam at close enough range, it garantuees a follow-up with one of Bliz's faster moves.
Uncharged 3% ~ 28% fully charged.

vB: Icicle Mine
Bliz shoots a spiky, icy mine on the ground infront of him.
The mine can't hurt Bliz but if an opponent steps on it he suffers 6% damage and is sent straight up with low knockback.
Only 2 mines an be in play at any time, and they are destroyed once stepped on or when their time has ran out, which is around 8 seconds.

>B: Buffalo Charge
Bliz dashes forward with similar speed and range as C.Falcon's Raptor Boost.
When the opponent is hit, you carry him on your horns the range of ZSS' side B only to throw him away with weak knockback, dealing 10%.

^B: Blizzard Boost
A pretty basic Recovery Move.
Bliz launches himself by shooting a blizzard from his "jet-pack".
It results in a weak tackle that travels up/forward 45' dealing 9% damage.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Wow! I never knew Robot Masters or Mavericks had such moveset potential. I used to think of them as one-trick ponies but I see there is some depth to them. I didn't know having a generic monster of the day Robot Master/Maverick as a playable in Smash could be so thought provoking.

Neo Zero

I think it really depends really. Mavericks tend to be more complex than Robot Masters in terms of attacks though. Like if you asked me to make a moveset for say, Metal Man who only has his boss appearances where he jumps and counter attacks, I don't think I could do it (albeit, do you really need another move besides Metal Blade?) Ask me the same about almost any Maverick and I'm sure I could come up with a B moveset for them at least.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ask me the same about almost any Maverick and I'm sure I could come up with a B moveset for them at least.
I think one of the harder ones among the Mavericks would be:

Try him on for size, bro.

btw, Overdrive Ostrich would have have one of the coolest Stage Entrances ever in Smash.
You'd see him run far, far away in the background somewhere only to superjump all the way to the stage with a similar soundeffect as in X2.

Neo Zero

I think one of the harder ones among the Mavericks would be:

Try him on for size, bro.

btw, Overdrive Ostrich would have have one of the coolest Stage Entrances ever in Smash.
You'd see him run far, far away in the background somewhere only to superjump all the way to the stage with a similar soundeffect as in X2.
Neutral B-Sonic Slicer:
Releases a cutter that travels at a medium pace, stalling when it's first summoned. Can bounce off walls and platforms. Hits 3 Times
4%-3%-2%

Up B-Sonic Jump:
Jumps high into the air, dealing damage to anyone on the way up. Vunerable falling back down, can cancel his up decent early by pressing down. Low Knockback
12%

Down B-Sonic Arc:
Freezes on the ground or air (depending where used) and shoots a moon projectile out from his mouth straight up. Travels the height of his body, then bursts and spreads out, raining Slicers throughout the field
_______________V_V_V_O_V_V_V_______________________
O=Overdrive
V=Projectiles
15% Full Moon, 3% per small projectile

Side B-Sonic Stride:
Enters into an enhanced dash state. Press Up or A to Hop, kicking your opponent horizontally, otherwise the run will knock them vertically. Medium Knockback, can be cancelled by pressing B but has an ending lag where he screeches to a halt. Can only cancel on the ground. If done in the air he'll hop forward a short distance and descend at a 45 degree downward angle until he touches ground.
5% Run, 10% Hop Kick

Final Smash: Missle Launch
Creates a Missle in the center of the stage that can be climbed on and attacked. Overdrive is invincible during this time and must defend the missle. If the missle takes 50% of damage it is destroyed and the attack ends. After 7 seconds if 50% damage is not inflicted to the Missle, it will launch while Overdrive leaps into the background. It will then crash into the stage wiping out all enemies, where Overdrive will then leap back onto the battlefield and do his signature taunt.
768% Death

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Well done, sir.
Sonic Slicer seems awesome. It'd allow for fun approaching and Frame Trapping.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Looking at everyone else's moveset made me want to go more in depth with mine.

Grenademan

Ground:
A: Punch - 2%

AA: Punch Punch - 2%-5%

AAA: Punch Punch Knee - 2%-5%-8%

Running A: Penguin slides - 6%

Aerials:
Nair: Spins like a tossed grenade. Multi-hit attack. Hits twice with head and once with feet. - 3% per hit.

Bair: Explosive Back kick - 7%

Fair: Explosive Knee - 6%

Dair: Attacks upside-down and spins in a corkscrew fashion. Multi-hit for three hits - 2% per hit

Uair: Attacks upward with the latch attached to his head - 5%

Smashes:
Up Smash: Explosive punch upwards multi-hit for 3 hits - 5%-10% per hit

Forward Smash: Explosive punch toward the ground in front - 7%-21%

Down Smash: Spins on the ground akin to Pikachu's d-smash. 3 hits on each side - 10%-15%

Specials:
B: Flash Bomb:
Fires two flash bombs at opponent. If the bombs hit a wall, debris falls regardless of the presence of a ceiling. Bombs - 8% damage initially and 2% per repeated hit. Debris - 1% per piece.

^B: Grenade Toss:
Fires three grenades that explode on contact. When airborne he fires below to propel himself for recovery - 3% per grenade.

>B: Hyper Dash:
Dashes forward quickly to catch opponent. The movement behaves like a slower Fox Illusion and if opponent is caught, they get bombed - 5%

vB: Crazy Destroyer:
Behaves exactly like the Bombs he used to blow up the floor in MM8. Four bombs are lined up on the floor and have a timed detonation of 2 seconds - 12%

FINAL SMASH:
"THAT FELT GOOD!!!":
Explodes, KOing himself and anyone within a given radius. Many mini-explosions follow the initial blast and cause great knock-back. Not recommended to use on last stock. Initial blast - Instant KO, mini explosions - 50%

I'd also like to add that in keeping with his masochistic nature, all of his specials can damge himself as well.:p

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Should I repost my Elec Man, Magnet Man and Quick Man here? Or should I make 5 new movesets like I want to? :awesome:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Should I repost my Elec Man, Magnet Man and Quick Man here? Or should I make 5 new movesets like I want to? :awesome:
Do as you please. However, in this thread a complete moveset is not necessary.
Just a simple, toned down explanasion on the B-moves, to make ppl more post-happy.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Nice. You could always add further depth add post Grenade Man in MYM14.
Thanks but, I made this JUST for us! ^_^ Besides, those folks from MYM would just laugh me off for suggesting a non-nintendo 1-shot. ^_^;

Grenademan is practically Geno without the Nintendo connections.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Show us your moves, APC.

Sorry, I've been stuck an entire day without any connection...

Elec Man: DRN-008

Description:

Elec Man. Dr. Light’s 8th robot. He was the best of them all. Designed to work on voltage in nuclear power plants, Elec Man has speed unlike his predecessors or most of his future brothers, with Quick Man as an exception. But Dr. Wily got a hold of 6 of the Robot Masters, including Elec Man, and rewrote their circuitry, causing Elec Man to go AWOL. His arrogant, cocky attitude stayed, but his desire for peace became twisted and blurred by Dr. Wily. Only his brother Rock could return him back to his original mindset. But this time his arrogance got the best of him. He became envious of Mega Man’s invitation to the Smash tournament, so he decided to round up the Robot Masters so they could all attempt to enter the tournament, against the wishes of Dr. Light. Elec Man was the first to create an definitive fighting style allowing him to shock the opponents figuratively and literally. In reality, Elec Man’s fighting gimmick is his electric effects/ paralyze attacks. Most of his attacks can paralyze opponents so he can rack up points during his attacks. Since his specials and Smashes deal electric effects, combined with his standards and aerials have paralyzing blows, makes Elec Man about speed. He’s got a need to quickly dispatch of foes by charging up his attacks and striking before the opponent can recover. But he does have one weakness: Blades. Due to his weakness against Rolling Cutter, any blade attacks can deal up to 5% more damage than usual on him.

Statistics:

Weight: 5/10. Elec Man, although a machine, is lighter than his brothers due to the fact he must be able to run quickly in order to restore power to the nuclear plant.

Size: 5/10: As tall as his brother Mega Man, Elec Man stands at a medium height, so that he will never be too tall or too short to reach a battery he needs to revive.

Ground Speed: 8/10: Just about the same speed as Sheik, Elec Man is incredibly fast. This encourages him to stay on ground and perform attacks while dashing past opponents to dodge their attacks and blast them before they notice.

Air Speed: 7/10: Sadly, Elec Man is not as fast in the air. Even though he is the embodiment of electricity, air wasn’t on mind during creation. He can use his electric abilities to zip through, but is unlucky with normal attacks. Elec Man is good as an aerial combatant, but just wasn’t really designed to be good against flying fighters.

Fall Speed: 8/10: Elec Man’s fall speed is as fast as his ground speed. He can quickly zip back onto his turf on the ground to finish off anyone in his way.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Thunder Beam. Elec Man uses Thunder Beam to fire three lightning bolts across the stage. They travel about as far as 3/4 of Battlefield, each following it’s own path. One goes straight forwards, one goes down diagonally and the other goes up diagonally. Each does 10% damage. This move is useful in air due to it’s different targets, but is also very useful on the ground as a projectile. It’s most interesting quality is the ability of conduction. Projectiles like Mega Man’s Metal Blades, the Bumper, and anybody wearing the Metal Box are more likely to get hit by the attacks by Elec Man. Although they can still damage Elec Man, anybody who has vulnerability to electric attacks (the only ones so far are Pikachu, Luigi, Yellow Pikmin and Elec Man) will get extra damage from the metal, around 5% more. However, it is extremely rare for Elec Man to be able to blast a projectile like Metal Blade and still have it hit someone else. He has better luck against Bumpers or Metal characters.

Side Special: Set Rod. In a move scaringly similar to ElecMan.EXE, Elec Man will generate a Tesla Coil onto the stage. Once this Tesla Coil is hit by any of Elec Man’s electric effect attacks, the coil will power up and damage anyone who touches it. Although gimmicky, it allows Elec Man to make the opponents focus on his items, allowing him to strike them when they’re distracted by how to remove it. The coil itself deals no damage, but deals 15% damage when hit by any electric effect attacks to anyone touching it. Once someone hits it during it’s electrified state, it vanishes.

Up Special: Introduction. He beams upward like his entrance and travels in the form of a lightning bolt, dealing 5% damage every time he rams into someone in this form. This move is a semi-clone of Pikachu’s Booster.

Down Special: Thunder Rod. Elec Man can quickly rise up his hand as electricity generates in the sky and lowers his hand in a quick manner as the electricity strikes the ground in front of Elec Man, dealing 17% when it touches an opponent.

Standard Attacks:

Neutral Standard: Elec Man punches forward several times as volts surround his fists, paralyzing the foe if they collide. Deals 4% every punch.

Side Standard: Elec Man kicks and slides into the direction he’s facing, leaving sparks behind him. The kick deals 6% damage, but the sparks leave 2% each and paralyze the foe.

Up Standard: Elec Man raises his arm in a quick manner, spiking the opponent into the sky, making this a powerful move if the opponent has high damage. Only when he hits the head hitbox will there be a paralyzing effect. Otherwise, he’ll only deal 5% damage.

Down Standard: Elec Man slides just like his brother Mega Man, except he has sparks generate from his feet when he slides. It deals as much as Mega Man’s slide, but it has an electric effect.

Dash Attack: Elec Man will quickly perform a jump and corkscrew in a diagonal direction, only with a current of electricity around his body. It deals 6% and it has paralyzing effects.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Elec Man charges up and then spins like Mario Tornado as electric orbs swirl around him. This deals 13% damage and can even propel him upwards a bit.

Up Smash: The Robot Master charges and a blast of electricity rises from his palms. This beam deals 10% every hit, and is likely to hit anyone above him at least 2 times.

Down Smash: Elec Man gets into a fetal position and charges, then bursts upwards into a position like his Forward Smash, but doesn’t spin. Instead, electricity bursts around him in a shield-like orb, dealing 19% to anyone unlucky enough to approach it.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: Elec Man sticks out one hand and releases a small shockwave in the direction he’s facing, causing about 6% damage. This is a good projectile in air, and can help you push opponents by repeatedly performing it in the air.

Side Aerial: Elec Man performs a Force-like wave of the hand and if anybody uses an electric projectile, it will come towards him and heal him. Of course, if someone is in the way of an incoming electric attack by someone else, this speeds up the attack and makes the obstacle-like opponent gain damage instead of healing Elec Man. It normally heals Elec Man the same number as the damage it would perform.

Up Aerial: Elec Man generates rings of electricity around him that propel him upwards and can tangle in opponents like Wario’s Corkscrew, except less damaging at 4%.

Down Aerial: Elec Man goes into a pose similar to Mega Man’s Hard Knuckle and fires a small lightning bolt down below. It deals about 8% when it hits. This is very useful for punishing opponents, as it propels you upwards a bit, allowing you to move around in the air and rain down on opponents.

Back Aerial: Elec Man drops a Watcher in back of him which fires it’s bolts of electricity and then falls, dealing 2% damage for each bolt, and no damage during it’s falling state. It vanishes when it hits the floor, dropping some energy pellets for players to use, making it a counteractive move.

Grab Game:

Grab: Elec Man grabs normally, lunging forward to pull the enemy towards him.

Pummel: Elec Man charges electricity through his hands, shocking the opponent in his grasp with 2% damage each.

Forward Throw: Elec Man charges the opponent with loads of electricity and throws them forward. Deals 13% damage and paralyzes the opponent.

Up Throw: Elec Man lifts them up and does a flip, kicking them into the air and then blasting them with some electric currents, dealing 6% damage.

Down Throw: Elec Man slams them onto the ground and then charges up with electricity, dealing 9% damage. Perfect for chain-grabbing.

Back Throw: Elec Man swings the opponent around and then spikes them down to the back of him diagonally, performing a spike of sorts.

Miscellaneous:

Final Smash: Appearing Blocks. Yes, I went there. Elec Man bursts into the sky and charges up with so much energy that he blasts through the stage with a beam. The stage bursts up into sections, and the characters have to get past every block in order to survive, otherwise if they stay on a disappearing block, it’ll deal 20% damage in electric attacks. This not only references Elec Man’s stage, but the challenging aspects of the Mega Man games, as Elec Man is considered the best and hardest robot of the original 6 Robot Masters.

Taunts:
  • Up Taunt: Elec Man performs his boss intro from the original Mega Man game.
  • Side Taunt: Elec Man hovers and laughs in a kinda-maniacally way.
  • Back Taunt: He performs an attack visually similar to Plug Ball that spins around him and heals 1% to discourage from using this taunt often.
  • Down Taunt: Elec Man pulls out a Elec Sword from ElecMan.EXE, but puts it away in a sly reference to Battle Network AND Ganondorf.
Kirby Hat: Kirby, instead of posing normally, performs a pose similar to Mega Man’s Weapon Get pose and gains Elec Man’s mask and helmet. He can now perform Thunder Beam.

Victory Theme: The normal Mega Man victory theme, or by chance the Boss Intro from Mega Man 2.

Logo: The gear from Mega Man’s logo.

Quick Man: DWN-012

Description:

After the defeat of Dr. Wily, all was normal. But then, Dr. Wily got a malicious plan. 8 more robots. A new castle. A new Wily Machine. June 9th, 200X. The Robot Masters MK 2 had been released onto the city to wreak havoc. Among them was Quick Man. Designed from Elec Man’s blueprints, Quick Man was made for speed. He was faster than any Robot Master and could dispatch anything with his Quick Boomerang. But Mega Man defeated him. Soon after, Dr. Light reprogrammed his AI. He was shelved away in Light Labs, deactivated, waiting for the right moment. He was activated alongside the other Robot Masters during Mega Man’s going-away party to the Smash Tournament. After Mega Man left, he alongside the other Robot Masters wanted in. So he trained. He was ready to take on anything alongside his brothers and 2 sisters. Quick Man is incredibly fast, and is about as fast as Fox, if not a little more. His Quick Boomerang is extremely effective against metal of any kind. Metal Boxes are of no obstacle to Quick Man. His only obstacle: time. Items such as the Timer, Luigi’s Negative Zone and especially any traps such as pitfalls or Jigglypuff’s Sing can cost Quick Man the match. He NEEDS to be running in order for most of his moves to work. Quick Man has to stay in motion for him to work the best, and if you just let him walk around and jab people, you’re in for a match faster than your character.

Statistics:

Weight: 3/10. Quick Man was designed to be light. He jumps high and can run fast, but is extremely easy to knockback. This means that Quick Man cannot afford to allow the enemy to get a good Smash Attack on him.

Size: 5/10. Quick Man is as tall as his “brother” of sorts Mega Man. This size allows him to be able to maneuver fast enough to get where he needs to: The target called Mega Man.

Ground Speed: 8.5/10. Quick Man is as fast, if not faster, as Fox McCloud. This already makes him faster than his predecessor Elec Man. His speed on ground is required so he can keep opponents at bay so he doesn’t get sent flying.

Air Speed: 8.5/10. Quick Man is extremely vulnerable to the air, where he’s just speedy enough that if he gets pushed back he’ll zoom into the blast line with enough damage. Quick Man’s Specials are designed not only to damage opponents quickly, but also to keep them away from Quick Man’s hitboxes.

Fall Speed: 7/10. Quick Man falls lighter mainly due to his weight. His falling is the time he’s a greater target, which means he needs to play Keep Away in order to survive. This means using his Side Special and Quick Boomerangs to protect himself.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Quick Boomerang. Quick Man can fire three Quick Boomerangs into the arena, which travel at about 3/4 of Final Destination and come back to him. They each cost 4% damage, making a possible 12% damage combo. Quick Man uses these best when sliding across the stage, then stopping when he passes the enemy and uses Quick Boomerang to push them away from him.

Side Special: Master Dash. Quick Man assumes a starting pose and zips across the screen, damaging anyone in his path with 10% damage. This is mainly used by Quick Man for a faster escape, allowing him to pass the opponent and strike from behind. A faster semi-clone version of Fox Illusion.

Up Special: QuickBlade. He grows blades on his wrists similar to QuickMan.EXE and is able to act like a boomerang himself by using his blades to now push against the wind and swing forward in an arc, but if he misses, he’ll end up navigating back to no return. If this attack were to hit an opponent, it would deal 14% damage.

Down Special: QuickShield. QuickShield activates a temporary shield that can be destroyed (but only by spinning moves like Mario Tornado, Mega Man’s Top Spin, Meta Knight’s Mach Tornado and Zelda’s Naryu’s Love) and fires a bigger boomerang, which damages 9% by itself. It’s better used if Quick Man needs some time to avoid enemy contact if he slows down. It lasts until the boomerang returns, and is impervious to all attacks except the aforementioned spinning attacks.

Standard Attacks:

Neutral Standard: A punch-punch-knee that can continue endlessly like Kirby or Fox’s Jabs. This emphasizes the speed of Quick Man, and encourages him to use it to avoid attacks. Material projectiles such as Link’s arrows, Diddy’s peanuts, Sheik’s needles and Olimar’s Pikmin are obliterated by this attack. Each hit costs the opponent 2%.

Side Standard: Quick Man pulls out a boomerang and uses it as a blade of sorts, slashing at the opponent for 7% damage. It’s useful for pushing away opponents from your hitboxes mainly because it can have good knockback during high percentages.

Up Standard: Quick Man grows a blade from his arm and slashes them upwards, making a good opportunity for him to jump in the air and start hacking up the other opponent. This also, at the right moment, can be used to reflect projectiles. It deals 9%.

Down Standard: Quick Man gets into a starting pose and does a backflip, launching any nearby players skyward. It deals 6%.

Dash Attack: He dashes towards the opponent and then attempts to tackle them. If timed correctly, it will result in not only 11% damage, but also a grab.

Smash Attacks:

Forward Smash: Quick Man charges up and then releases a huge boomerang from his wrist, but it doesn’t go far. Instead, it just spins then retracts back to his wrist, dealing 16% damage.

Up Smash: Quick Man holds up a Scworm and it pushes out pipes that act like banana peels to all but Quick Man, making his attacks easier to perform. If the Scworm itself hits anybody, it will deal 13% damage.

Down Smash: Two blades expand from his arms, and after he charges, he slashes them downwards into the ground, smacking anyone nearby. It deals 18% damage.

Aerials:

Neutral Aerial: Quick Man releases boomerangs from each wrist to hit anybody in his way and keep them from touching him. They each deal 5%.

Side Aerial: Quick Man grows out blades again and slices in front of him repeatedly. Each hit shells out 4%, making it easily spammable and good to protect Quick Man.

Up Aerial: Quick Man transforms his hand into a rapid-attacking projectile that blasts around the stage, releasing flashes of Quick Man’s fist slamming against the opponent. It deals 2% each hit.

Down Aerial: Quick Man throws boomerangs down onto the ground, except unlike normal Quick Boomerang, these ones are faster and are better used as meteor smashes, as they deal 6% each.

Back Aerial: Quick Man zips in an arc holding razor-sharp boomerangs that slice up opponents behind him. Deals out 8% for every slice.

Grab Game:

Grab: Nothing special. Quick Man reaches out and lunges for the opponent.

Pummel: Quick Man knees the opponent repeatedly and quickly. Deals 2% every hit.

Forward Throw: Quick Man lets go and in the moment they’re still in the air, rams into them like Wario’s Shoulder Charge. It deals 10%.

Up Throw: Quick Man jumps upwards, grows out his blades and slices up the opponent, finally uppercutting them as they fly off with 7% more damage.

Down Throw: Quick Man pulls out his huge boomerang and throws it with them on it, dealing 8% to the opponent, but dealing 15% to anybody hit by the boomerang.

Back Throw: Quick Man spins around and then uses the boomerang on his head to smash the opponent downwards. Extremely chain-grab accessible.

Miscellaneous:

Final Smash: Force Beams. Quick Man’s speed comes in handy during this attack. the blast lines on the side disappear as walls take their place. Force Beams (the lasers from Quick Man’s stage) blast through the walls and go straight through to the other side. As they are a little bit slower than Quick Man, the Robot Master can dodge them before the other opponents, as he is vulnerable to them as well. Each beam deals 20%, so it’s wise to continually use his high jumping skills to avoid these blasts. Once the lasers have completely destroyed the walls, the gameplay returns to normal.

Taunts:

• Up Taunt: Quick Man performs his boss intro from Mega Man 2.
  • Side Taunt: Quick Man pulls out a boomerang and spreads it to reveal two more, smiling in an evil way the entire time.
  • Back Taunt: Quick Man turns his right arm into a Mega Buster, and then turns it back into his hand.
  • Down Taunt: Quick Man throws a boomerang and it returns to him from behind him, as it went all around the world, noting that his boomerangs are as fast as he is.
Kirby Hat: Kirby gains Quick Man’s helmet and instead of the normal pose, he poses in the Mega Man Weapon Get pose. He can now use Quick Boomerang.

Victory Theme: The normal Mega Man victory theme or by chance the Mega Man 2 boss intro.

Logo: The gear from the Mega Man logo.

DWN-018

MAGNET MAN

Description:

After Mega Man defeat Dr. Wily the second time, the doctor claimed he was a changed man. He and Dr. Light teamed up again to create 8 new Robot Masters as well as a peacekeeping robot named Gamma. All they needed were the 8 Energy Elements, which the Robot Masters were designed to mine for. Somehow, the Robot Masters went haywire. Mega Man had to stop them once more. The “leader” of the bunch was Magnet Man, who could attract and repel all. August 28, 200X. The Robot Masters were repaired by Dr. Light and stored in chambers under Light Labs alongside their predecessors. Mega Man had more challenges ahead, including Break Man. But that’s another story. Several years later, at the celebration of Mega Man’s entry in the Smash Tournament, all Robot Masters were activated. Magnet Man desired to fight alongside his brother. So he left alongside some of his brothers and got ready to fight. His magnetic abilities are able to pull in all weight classes at a high speed, but his moves are powerful enough to send heavy-hitters flying. However, he does have a weakness: electricity. Sheik’s chain, Olimar’s yellow Pikmin, Samus’ Charge Shot and Pikachu as a whole could be enough to KO Magnet Man at a high percentage.

Statistics:

Weight: 6/10. Magnet Man weighs in as much as his brother Mega Man, but is a bit more floaty due to his powers of magnetism.

Size: 5/10. Magnet Man stands as tall as his brother as well, but his magnetic field can outsize him as it expands and decreases to his will.

Ground Speed: 5/10. Magnet Man is well-rounded on the ground, but at any time can push away from the magnetic forces of the field and become faster in the air.

Air Speed: 7/10. As stated, his control over magnetic forces allows him to push against the ground and attack freely. In fact, once in the air, he can only use his Magnetic Pull move to return to the ground. This works well for evading attacks, and gaining practice on aerials. Unfortunately, not only is his most powerful aspect (grabs) unavailable, his attacks can also push him away, but of course he can push himself back into the arena and land back on solid ground.

Fall Speed: 1/10. If he doesn’t use Magnetic Pull, Magnet Man can fall only if attacked, but still falls at a very slow rate. This is one major disadvantage in air, but it’s a great advantage in recovery, as if he’s nearly KO’d and is above the arena, he still has time to fall on the ledge before death to survive.

Special Attacks:

Neutral Special: Magnet Missile. Magnet Man fires three miniature magnets from his wrist and they home in on an opponent, or go a distance and then crash. A more descriptive way of saying it is that they leave Magnet Man’s wrist and go horizontally until they find and enemy and then ascend into the sky and crash down, causing 4% damage each. If they are interrupted during their horizontal takeoff, they will explode and deal 2% each. If the targeted opponent is wearing a Metal Box, the Magnet Missiles will home in quicker but deal 3% damage instead. They are mostly invulnerable to attacks, but can be repelled by a reflecting attack or an electric attack, making it a very useful weapon for fights against characters like Jigglypuff, Link and Donkey Kong.

Side Special: Magnet Hole Blast. Taking a cue from MagnetMan.EXE, Magnet Man throws a non-homing Magnet Missile. If anyone touches the Magnet Missile, he’ll summon a purple orb of energy that he throws at the Magnet Missile, dealing 11% damage and repelling the opponent. It’s a twist on defense moves like Lucario’s, Marth’s and Jigglypuff’s, and it can be used to also attract the opponent by charging it longer.

Up Special: Forces of the Master. He kneels and places his palms on the ground, then pushing off as magnetic waves surround him, each wave dealing 5%. This can be used to propel Magnet Man upwards in the air, and to recover as well. In the air, instead of kneeling, he stretches his arms out and slams them to the side of his body, creating the same magnetic waves. He can be controlled during this state, similarly to Lucario’s Up Special. He has to recharge (about 30 seconds) before he can use this move again, as he can stay in the air.

Down Special: Magnetic Pull. He poses like he does in his boss intro in Mega Man 3, and a barely visible pink field surrounds him. During this state, any opponent will be lifted off their feet towards Magnet Man, allowing him to perform great combos and grab his opponents. In the air, this move will pull him towards the ground, allowing him to regain his grabs and combos.

Standard Attacks:

Neutral Standard: Magnet Man positions out his fist like Mario’s Side Smash and it sends magnetic pulses out. They don’t travel far but deal 2% damage. He can combo this to alternate hands and then elbow the opponent.

Side Standard: He holds a magnet in each hand and points them in opposite directions. This pulls in opponents slightly, but can also deal 5% damage and repel them if too close.

Up Standard: Uppercut. Like Mega Man, Magnet Man performs an infamous Shoryuken. But it deals 7% damage and leaves the opponent in the air, not allowed to touch the ground for about 2 seconds. If they near the ground, a 1% shockwave of magnetic energy will surround them giving them 2 extra seconds in the air. Cheap? Yes. But he’s Magnet Man. Do you expect him to let you just fall when he can pummel you in the air?

Down Standard: Magnet Man releases a blast of magnetic energy around him, pulling in objects around him and dealing 4% damage to anyone in the blast.

Dash Attack: Magnet Man performs a very Magneto-like pose as he crosses his arms and stops in his tracks, dealing 5% damage and pushing the opponent at high speeds.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: Magnet Man does a roll in air and then bursts out in a pose like this (Magneto’s a big inspiration for the attractive Robot Master:awesome:)

It deals 17% damage and can either grab the opponent or push them at high speeds.

Up Smash: Magnet Man spins around and then does the Hadouken pose above him, juggling the opponent above him and dealing 14% damage.

Down Smash: Magnet Man’s body pixelates and becomes two aura-like copies (one red, one blue) that each uppercut the opponent and then phase back together. It deals 9% if you get stuck in the phasing part of Magnet Man’s body (both times) but it deals 6% if you get hit by either copy and repels you, making a possible 15% move. This move is a reference to North-South Tackle from MagnetMan.EXE.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial: Magnet Man clenches his fist and magnetic forces surround it. This deals 4% damage and pulls in opponents for combos.

Side Aerial: Magnet Man fires one Magnet Missile that deals 4%. It acts similar to the Ray Assist Trophy’s Missiles instead of the normal physics.

Up Aerial: Magnet Man performs a kick that sends the opponent skyward and deals 6% damage.

Down Aerial: He spins around, creating a twister of magnetic force that pulls in more items and opponents. This attack can reflect projectiles like Link’s Arrows, Sheik’s Needles and Mega Man’s Metal Blades due to their metal properties, but not attacks like Mario’s Fireball, R.O.B.’s Laser or Ness’ PK Pulse due to their properties.

Back Aerial: He performs a move that looks similar to Ganondorf’s Melee Taunt, but with legs stretched out further. This attracts an opponent and lasts about 5 seconds. If an opponent is successfully attracted, Magnet Man will descend from his aerial stance onto the floor and perform a grab on the opponent, allowing you to pummel in the air, each dealing 2% until you hit the ground where you can now continue pummeling or throw your opponent.

Grab Game:

Grab: Magnet Man gets into a T-position as he hovers and opponents are dragged towards him. It’s the largest grab range out of any character.

Pummel: Magnet Man clutches his fists as the opponents cringe in pain as the magnetic fields crush them. Deals 2% per hit.

Up Throw: Magnet Man flies into the air and blasts his magnetic field, creating a paralyzing shock wave as the opponents are juggled into the sky. Deals 9% damage.

Side Throw: Magnet Man’s magnet on his head flies off and circulates around the opponent, paralyzing them for Magnet Man to combo with. Deals 5% damage.

Down Throw: Magnet Man does a spin as the opponent is drawn in closer and then Magnet Man pushes them away. Deals 8% damage.

Back Throw: Magnet Man does a backflip and pulls the opponent near him similarly to Magnet Pull and then sends out a Magnet Missile. If all hits connect, it can deal a whopping 12%.

Miscellaneous:

Final Smash: Forces Unknown. Magnet Man zooms to the top of the stage and motions as magnetic forces change the stage. Items are now flying up in the air, and opponents are spinning around in your grasp. You now can do several things:
  • Neutral Special: You grab a nearby object (item, projectile, other fighter) and slam it into the ground. This can work if there is more than one opponent, as you can “kill two birds with one stone” by throwing one opponent at the other. Each hit cause 14% damage.
  • Up Special: You intensify the gravity around you. This can heighten objects into the sky, as well as get an easy KO.
  • Down Special: Appearing Blocks suddenly shine, dealing 17% to anybody who touches them. As they flash quickly, it can be easy to use these against your opponent.
  • Side Special: He creates a Giant Springer from spare metal he collects from above and it bounces down, then back up. Each hit will cost 12%.
This lasts as long as Final Smashes like Pikachu’s, Sonic’s, Yoshi’s and Diddy Kong’s, making it a very useful attack.

Taunts:
  • Up Taunt: Magnet Man performs his boss pose from Mega Man 3.
  • Side Taunt: Magnet Man hovers and spins around as magnetic fields spin around him.
  • Back Taunt: Magnet Man launches a Magnet Missile as it zooms around him and sticks to his face, only for him to pull it off.
  • Down Taunt: Magnet Man hovers as his lower body (all but head and arms) debuild, but magnetically recombine again.
Kirby Hat: Kirby wears Magnet Man’s helmet and can now perform Magnet Missile. His pose when obtaining Magnet Missile is now more similar to the Mega Man Weapon Get pose.

Victory Theme: Same as Mega Man.

Logo: Same as Mega Man.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I like your concept regarding Magnet Man. Seems like a really fun character to play.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I like your concept regarding Magnet Man. Seems like a really fun character to play.

Reading over them, I'm seeing how useful they could actually be. Magnet Man could be the ultimate camper, flying side-to-side underneath Battlefield and repeatedly using magnetic fields and Magnet Missiles to damage opponents or keep them to the ground.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
PFFFT, obviously Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake (from the Cheesecake Factory), a bacon cheeseburger, garlic mashed potatoes, a few breadsticks and a gallon o' Mountain Dew. I like to call it "Heaven and Hell on a Stick".

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll leave these here. Nice to take a break from freaking out at the Ridley thread.

My personal favorite is Snake Man's theme.

Neo Zero

As a huge Ridley fan myself, Im scared of the potential news and will be avoiding his thread because, well, I can't keep calm lol. (Like if he gets confirmed, I plan to put in work there as well, since I could just as easily main him if I like his playstyle better)

I like how someone remixed songs that were on the Sega Genesis anyway :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
ROLL MOVESET

A: Slap, slap, slap.
Afwd: Kick (to the crotch area)
Adwn: Low kick
Aup: Jump punch (smaller version of Megaman's shoryuuken)
Fsmash: Broom swipe (reflects projectile)
Dsmash: Broom sweep
Usmash: Broom swing

B: Flower Pot throw (leaves opponent in "Plant" status)
Bfwd: Bucket of water (Releases stored water) ((Uncharged water will travel parabollically i.e. with gravity Charged water will go horizontally forward.))
Bdown: Charge bucket (you charge the bucket for release with B>)
Bup: Beat pulls Roll up, you can guide him for a while, but if you get hit by anything, Beat abandons you.
(Water on the floor causes opponents to trip. Disappears after opponent has tripped)

Grab: Slams the bucket on opponents' head.
Pummel: Strikes with broom on the bucket covering opponents' head.
Grab Down: Strikes down with broom ferociously, causing a ground-spike.
Grab Up: Strikes upward with broom, propelling opponent upward.
Grab Sides: Slams away with broom.

Final Smash:
Eddy: Drops an E-Tank for Roll to refill her health.

(Basically, ported from TvC and MvC2)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm a big Ridley Fan as well. God I hope he's not a hazard.
To change Ridley from a boss to a hazard is sort of an insult to the Robot Dragon.
Something tells me Sakurai wouldn't do that.

ROLL MOVESET

A: Slap, slap, slap.
Afwd: Kick (to the crotch area)
Adwn: Low kick
Aup: Jump punch (smaller version of Megaman's shoryuuken)
Fsmash: Broom swipe (reflects projectile)
Dsmash: Broom sweep
Usmash: Broom swing

B: Flower Pot throw (leaves opponent in "Plant" status)
Bfwd: Bucket of water (Releases stored water) ((Uncharged water will travel parabollically i.e. with gravity Charged water will go horizontally forward.))
Bdown: Charge bucket (you charge the bucket for release with B>)
Bup: Beat pulls Roll up, you can guide him for a while, but if you get hit by anything, Beat abandons you.
(Water on the floor causes opponents to trip. Disappears after opponent has tripped)

Grab: Slams the bucket on opponents' head.
Pummel: Strikes with broom on the bucket covering opponents' head.
Grab Down: Strikes down with broom ferociously, causing a ground-spike.
Grab Up: Strikes upward with broom, propelling opponent upward.
Grab Sides: Slams away with broom.

Final Smash:
Eddy: Drops an E-Tank for Roll to refill her health.

(Basically, ported from TvC and MvC2)
Nice set, bro. However, I'm not a fan of how >B & vB are almost the same move.
One of the inputs could include both effects, giving room for an additional move.

edit: I love TvC. Polimar/Tekkaman Main here.
What characters do you main?

Neo Zero

Tekkaman Blade/Frank West

....I always did suck at Zero >.>

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
God I was disappointed the first time I tried Megaman in TvC.
There's nothing cool to him.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
This whole Ridley situation reminds me of the last days of the "Megaman for SSBB" thread where after Keiji Inafune had said he hadn't been contacted about Megaman for SSBB, everyone started panicing and a few members, myself included, had to play damage control. We assured ourselves that Inafune was merely dodging the question so that he wouldn't give away the Blue Bomber. As we tried to convince everyone that there was still hope for Megaman's inclusion, the guys and I twisted Inafune's words forming various theories and possible scenerios that could lead to MM as a Brawl playable. Then the truth decimated our false wall of hope...

As a neutral to Ridley I can't say I'll shed any tears should he not be playable. In fact, if I had to take a shot at a theory, I actually think he will be to Pyrosphere what the Yellow Devil is to Megaman's stage. But we will see what he is in time I guess.

As for TvC, which was oddly enough where I took comfort after MM's decomfirmation in Brawl, I main Megaman/Casshern which brings me to...
God I was disappointed the first time I tried Megaman in TvC.
There's nothing cool to him.
What is wrong with Megaman? He's got incredible range and start up on his Machine Gun Super which he can follow up with a Charged Shot - something he didn't have in his source game!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if he was a good or bad character for competitive play.
He was just plain boring. Both the visual design and his moveset-design.
(Just my personal opinion, bro)

Zero on the other hand, was fun as hell to play as.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm a big Ridley Fan as well. God I hope he's not a hazard.
To change Ridley from a boss to a hazard is sort of an insult to the Robot Dragon.
Something tells me Sakurai wouldn't do that.

Nice set, bro. However, I'm not a fan of how >B & vB are almost the same move.
One of the inputs could include both effects, giving room for an additional move.

edit: I love TvC. Polimar/Tekkaman Main here.
What characters do you main?

Yeah.. I had thought of that. Should've made them both her Down+B, and added AUTO as support character instead.

On TvC I have two teams.
-Roll + Doronjo (Close range team, annoyance team)
and
-Volnutt + Saki (Keep away team)

(I'm a big fan of inter-changeable specials, or in this case weapons. I would've loved if Samus worked sort of this way too)

They don't exactly complement each other, which is why they are high risk teams.

Top Bottom