• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Whos arm is that? I kinda wanna say X but it says Robot Master hand pose so it can't be X.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, Now that I'm here..

My favorite Megaman moment would be beating the Yellow Devil for the first time. I'd fought that bugger all night, finally finishing him with The Elec-beam.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Let's shift the spotlight in a different direction shall we.

FAVORITE MEGA MAN ENEMY (INCLUDES ALL SERIES, NO BOSSES)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

You know in GTA when you don't feel like taking on a mission and rather just play around instead...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Here, I'd thought I'd share it here...

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/16218

This project for Lego (made by Alatariel) is an attempt to get a licensed Mega Man LEGO set. The project needs 10,000 supporters, and I thought I'd show it off here too...

It re-creates several levels from the classic Mega Man 2, including all 8 Robot Masters, the Mecha-Dragon, the Wily Capsule, the Wily Machine 2, the Wily Alien Hologram, Bubble Man's stage, Metal Man's stage, Wood Man's stage and the weapons for Mega Man to equip with, plus the 1-Ups, E-Tanks, Energy and Health Refills, alongside Mega Man of course.

As of writing, it has over 2,500 supports. I truly hope you guys make a LEGO CUUSOO account and vote for this to become real. I know there are a lot of die-hard Mega Man fans who'd love to own Mega Minifigures, similar things have happened with Back to the Future and Minecraft, so I hope it'll happen with the Blue Bomber too...

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I would've said the weapons archive if no bosses, but then I reminded that IS a boss... darn.

Guess I'd have to choose the dancing mets from MM4

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The Pierobots from MM2 in Metal Man's stage. They're so darn cute.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I had a weird dream last night.
The game was released and I played it at home.
Sakurai wasn't able to decide if he wanted Megaman or Ryu, so he demanded a combination if the two.
The dumb thing is, there was like no Megaman to the character at all.
The only things that were Megaman, were his voice and sound effects.

Appearance, animations and attacks were all Ryu.
Good one there, Sakurai. Good one.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Admittedly, the reason I haven't posted here in a while is because, I can't actually think of a favorite non-boss enemy. So I'll throw in with Tornado_Man and say the dancing Mets from MM4. I mean when the enemies dance to the stage tune, you know you got a rockin' stage theme. Even Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 2 can't make that boast. :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Sup, Mega Men.
My Pokemon X/Y FC, if anyone wants to be pkmn-pals: 0430-9168-4832

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyway, my favorite Megaman enemy would have to be the Mets.

I always feel a little sorry for blasting them to pieces..

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Least favourite non-boss enemy?

I want to say those guys that move back and forth on the ground and can't die. But I can't remember their names. Then you also have those Big Eyes from Megaman 1.
Those dudes were annoying too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
This just came in the mail for me today: :chuckle:

IMG_1272.JPG

Didn't experience any issues with slow down nor with any lag in the controls myself. The games do feel a tad tougher though, such as Cutman doesn't go down as easily as he did in the original.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This just came in the mail for me today: :chuckle:

View attachment 3693

Didn't experience any issues with slow down nor with any lag in the controls myself. The games do feel a tad tougher though, such as Cutman doesn't go down as easily as he did in the original.

So that's the Japanese version of Megaman the Wily Wars? I haven't played that one myself. Was there any bosses that felt tougher? And any that seem easier now?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So that's the Japanese version of Megaman the Wily Wars? I haven't played that one myself. Was there any bosses that felt tougher? And any that seem easier now?
There's a big list of changes here.

It's easier and a tad cheaper to find the Japanese version, you also don't deal with slow down like the European version has (so yes the English Translation isn't worth it). Didn't notice too much that was changed so far besides Cutman taking a lot longer to beat, though I think some hitboxes were slightly changed and some RM flinching was decreased. Was able to go through several levels in the same pattern I do in the NES versions. It's nice that there's less sprite flickering. It's much easier to tell where hitboxes are during fights like Bombman.

Did try out Wily Tower from one of the save files left on the cart, and yes having excess to every weapon is very satisfying. Quick Boomerang beats the Big Eyes from MM1 in about 3-4 hits. :cool:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a big list of changes here.

It's easier and a tad cheaper to find the Japanese version, you also don't deal with slow down like the European version has (so yes the English Translation isn't worth it). Didn't notice too much that was changed so far besides Cutman taking a lot longer to beat, though I think some hitboxes were slightly changed and some RM flinching was decreased. Was able to go through several levels in the same pattern I do in the NES versions. It's nice that there's less sprite flickering. It's much easier to tell where hitboxes are during fights like Bombman.

Did try out Wily Tower from one of the save files left on the cart, and yes having excess to every weapon is very satisfying. Quick Boomerang beats the Big Eyes from MM1 in about 3-4 hits. :cool:

Weapon mixing sounds cool. I'd imagine that you'd be an unstoppable robot of death and justice with the Metal Blade and Thunder Beam alone. Then you can just throw in Atomic Fire and Leaf shield for the heck of it. And then there's the best weapon of all.....

The one and only Top Spin!!11!!1!!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Least favourite enemy: Those giant bees at Hard Man's Stage, unless you glitch them.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well if anyone is interested in hearing any remixes? There was a really good one for the first Megaman X game not that long ago. Here is the link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNQghAQlzM&list=UUt9ez6CnUQCFEUnxeBGlR9w

This dude has some real talent too. He does a bunch of video game music stuff, Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear and so on. Hell. the dude even did Golden Sun.

I think I posted this remix before too. But in case I didn't here the link to that one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7V8uddh-k&index=1&list=FLi0R5b2LdDyjzgCYD8X2N8A

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Favorite non boss:
Escapist Sniper Joes (MM1, and MM10 I think) These suckers who jump around shooting at you but when you get close, they jump back and keep firing.
Fighting these guys, especially as Protoman, is awesome. I'd love to fight at least a dozen of these in a room as Protoman.

Least favorite non boss:
Walker Joes (MM2) Never really liked these guys. It's almost impossible to get past them without taking damage. >_<

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm going to be guilty for the obvious but...

Due to the buildup.

But close runner ups are Megaman 5 (Protoman's Scarf) and Megaman 10 (Megaman, Protoman and Bass)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
For me it's a tie between 3 & 4.
3 has the music - 4 gives me the Childhood Memories.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I have a really really soft spot for Megaman 6.

There's a bunch of things that make it one of my favorites.
For example, the fact that all Robot Masters aren't built by Wily, and the fact that instead of "workers", they're World Fighters.
Also, the debut of the Rush Adaptors. You've no idea how much fun I have going all Little Mac on the Robot Masters with the Power Adaptor.
And yeah, it's also one of my favorite title screens.

They're all pretty good, except the first one obviously.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think about it, I really liked Mega Man and Bass's title screen.

Top Bottom