• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I heard they reached out to a lot of companies before they started Mega Man.
That so? Pretty interesting. I wonder who they went after. Maybe learn why some of them declined. Outside of simply not being interested, that is.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That so? Pretty interesting. I wonder who they went after. Maybe learn why some of them declined. Outside of simply not being interested, that is.
I bet a lot that one of their first targets was Nintendo. Although they were probably aiming for Mario. Miyamoto's lolno story thing kicking in also. (Oh and the fact there's a Super Mario gag manga thats still going on)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a pretty awesome cover of Metal Man's theme. These guys did a bunch of different stuff for Megaman. Like Shadow Man's theme. So if any of you guys happen to like guitar covers, then you might like this stuff.

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So, what's the hardest (official) MM game you've ever played?
I've been thinking and thinking for the longest time for the answer to this question and I still can't think of anything definite. For now, though, I'll go with Megaman Starforce 3 if only because, if memory serves correctly, you can actually random encounter the v3 versions of boss characters before even fighting their normal selves.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I guess for me it would be Megaman 2. Which, I know, isn't that much of an original answer. But it's a little weird to not have the slide or charge shot sometimes. It's like playing Mario 3 or any of the newer games, where you are used to Mario being able to get hit twice if he has the Fire Flower. But in Super Mario Bros 1, you can get hit only once.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hardest game?

In terms of bad game design: Mega Man III
In terms of punishment: Mega Man 2
In terms of made to be difficult: Mega Man & Bass

I guess for me it would be Megaman 2. Which, I know, isn't that much of an original answer. But it's a little weird to not have the slide or charge shot sometimes. It's like playing Mario 3 or any of the newer games, where you are used to Mario being able to get hit twice if he has the Fire Flower. But in Super Mario Bros 1, you can get hit only once.
Twas a major surprise for me when I got the original games after having played the Super Mario Advance titles when I was a kid.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Update:
The hardest games for me are:

Megaman 10 + Hard Mode + Protoman
Megaman 9 + Superhero Mode
Megaman Legends 2

Honorable mentions go to the annoying Megaman (World) 4. As the second half of the game becomes cheap. X_X

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm still waiting for Megaman Xtreme 1 and 2 to be on the E-Shop. I remember them announcing it. But after that, not much else. I just checked to see if it was around, but it wasn't. It came to Japan a while ago actually, in December. Better yet, if they managed to get Megaman X1-Megaman X3 on the E-Shop. I'd get that in an instant.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never got the chance to play any of the Gameboy Megaman games. I know Megaman V had some unique bosses based on all of the planets. So that was pretty cool.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I could cheat and say some of the RPGs, but that's mostly only for post game dungeons and super bosses anyway, so I'll stick to just the platformers.

Hardest is tough, though if I had to pick just one platformer, it'd be Mega Man Zero 2. Now adays I can slice through that game no problem, but it took me a month to finish the game for my first time on normal. Comparitively, anything not in the Zero series probably took me at most a week, and this is including playing the classic games as a 5 year old. The Zero series in general is brutal, but that one, especially collecting all the elves and such, could be absolutely terribly hard. At least in Zero 1 if you sucked enough you'd skip through missions so you could still make progress, with this one though you have to do it or you're not finishing the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would say the secret bosses in Megaman X: Command Mission were pretty difficult. Namely the Nine Tails Gang. That Flower themed Maverick chick was kind of tough too. But having Axl + Bait made things a hell of a lot easier. I suppose I could have just kept level grinding, but I chose get Zero's second armor just so I could get Megaman's. Other than that, I felt the game got easier as it went on.

Neo Zero

I would say the secret bosses in Megaman X: Command Mission were pretty difficult. Namely the Nine Tails Gang. That Flower themed Maverick chick was kind of tough too. But having Axl + Bait made things a hell of a lot easier. I suppose I could have just kept level grinding, but I chose get Zero's second armor just so I could get Megaman's. Other than that, I felt the game got easier as it went on.
Honestly, compared to BN/SF games, those secret bosses are pretty easy. The only exception being the Flower boss IF you did it as soon as it opened up. I was able to do it once, but every other time I had to wait until I got Absolute Zero

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly, compared to BN/SF games, those secret bosses are pretty easy. The only exception being the Flower boss IF you did it as soon as it opened up. I was able to do it once, but every other time I had to wait until I got Absolute Zero
Unfortunately, I never got the chance to play any of the Battle Network games. So I can't really say much on them. But I do hope to play them one day. I felt that it was one series that should get an anthology/collection game on the 3DS. That'd be awesome to play. Though it might keep you busy for a whole year.

With the Flower chick(Belladonna? Or was it Raelefsian?)I probably should have just done some leveling up to beat her. But I chose to get Absolute Zero too. While Megaman X did some damage too with the Fire armor. Axl + Bait is a little OP though.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hardest game?
Either MM1 or Unlimited.

New topic:
Most enjoyable Buster Only Robot Master/Maverick Fight?

For me, it's Crash Man. Feels like dancing where you set the pace.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Most enjoyable Buster only fight... Snake Man, Flame Man, quite a few actually. Not sure what I'd think is the MOST fun. Unless you count MM Unlimited. Then Yoku Man without a doubt.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I liked just using Mega-Buster against Flame Mammoth and Wheel Gator. With the classic series, I just used the Mega-Buster on Flameman.

Neo Zero

Shadow Man for me easily. One of the hardest bosses who has a difficult moveset creates a fast paced boss fight.

Also imo the only non official Classic game that counts is Mega Man x Street Fighter as it is officially a Capcom sponsored game.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Buster only. Well, finally being able to pick apart Quickman's strategy (it's freaking HARD), I'd say that one... But most of the times it isn't enjoyable, so I'm gonna pick something right more at my casual level, so I'm gonna go with:

PLUG MAN: From Megaman 9.
I have to watch the whole room in order to win this match. It's INSANE. Wether the lightning balls travelling accross the ground, or Plug Man truing to squash me, r the lightning balls dropping down directly on me from the ceiling.. There's always something to look out for.
It's by far my most satisfying buster only battle. Especially when I win. :D

-

But another "only" type match I really like, is Power Rush Adaptor Megaman VS Knight Man.
Full power VS Full defense. It's incredibly entertaining. You guys should try it! (Actually, try all Power Rush Adaptor vs Robot Master battles, you'll find yourselves going back to MM6 a lot more than you'd be used to).
But maybe it's just because I love watching boxing, and Megaman with Boxing gloves = WIN.

-
X: Armadillo. Trying to penetrate that armor with buster only. It takes a while, and you get some pretty cool counter attacks from him. (Don't remember his name).

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, I remember I used to use the cheapest tactics against most Mavericks, but like one or two years ago I made a Buster-only run.
Beating both Armored Armadillo and Spark Mandrill with only the X-Buster felt great.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me it'd probably be Bombman or Cutman. There's just something fun in their simplicity and getting them into a pattern is satisfying.

In terms of hardness, beating Crystalman was pretty hectic with all those 4 projectiles bouncing everywhere.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Most fun Robot Master/Maverick fight, eh? I've thought about it and after some extensive thinking I've narrowed it down to:

ROBOT MASTER

- Freezeman - Intense fight!
- Cloudman - Awesome setting!

MAVERICK

- Boomer Kawanger - Teleportation madness!
- Magma Dragoon - Epic!
- Vanishing Gungaroo - Amazing two part fight!

Neo Zero

If we're including the likes of Maverick Fights....some of you might find this insane, but

Vanishing Gungaroo as Zero

Yes I just said something from X7, as yes, technically speaking, Zero would count as Saber only, but this is a legit fun fight. Taking him on close range while he hops all over in both Ride Armor and his normal form is really fun, and quite frankly challenging. It's a highlight of the game to me, considering some of the other fights and how terrible they are (BURNBURTOBURNTHEGROUTHEGROUND) so it's nice there's a high action fight like this.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Would any of you guys be interested in another game where you get to play as Vile? I know you got to play him in Megaman X Maverick Hunter remake. I think they should give him another chance to be playable in a Megaman X game, sort of a forth unlockable character, after Megaman, Zero, and Axl. He had a unique fighting style too.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Perhaps Vile might be the Mega Man assist trophy? It'd certainly be unique.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Perhaps Vile might be the Mega Man assist trophy? It'd certainly be unique.
Yeah, he'd be a cool choice. But I think that Protoman or another Classic character is more likely. Since they have a connection with the original Megaman.

Neo Zero

Anyone a fan of the Zero/ZX games? If so, you might find this pretty cool

Where does based Inafune find the time to make all this awesome stuff.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Anyone a fan of the Zero/ZX games? If so, you might find this pretty cool

Where does based Inafune find the time to make all this awesome stuff.
I saw that and I must say it looks AWESOME!!! With this and Mighty No.9 it looks to be a very interesting year. And of course, that is along with Megaman appearing in the fourth installment of the most epic gaming crossover to sweetening that deal!!!

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I saw that and I must say it looks AWESOME!!! With this and Mighty No.9 it looks to be a very interesting year. And of course, that is along with Megaman appearing in the fourth installment of the most epic gaming crossover to sweetening that deal!!!
2014: Year of Mega Man.

Capcom doesn't even have to be involved.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, Mega Man fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters that you can vote on include any that were in brawl last time or any that are newcomers (like Mega Man). Mega Man himself is looking to be a lock, but voting for him can only help (plus, it'll give me more feedback). Thanks ahead of time for taking a little time out of your day to do this for me :D

Neo Zero

Hey, Mega Man fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. The characters that you can vote on include any that were in brawl last time or any that are newcomers (like Mega Man). Mega Man himself is looking to be a lock, but voting for him can only help (plus, it'll give me more feedback). Thanks ahead of time for taking a little time out of your day to do this for me :D
On behalf of people who are bad at art like me yet are thankful for all the work Sakurai does, thank you for organizing such an awesome way to give back and show appreciation to such a hard working man like Mashiro Sakurai.

Also please have one character randomly trip, it'd make the Brawl part of the card perfect :p

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
On behalf of people who are bad at art like me yet are thankful for all the work Sakurai does, thank you for organizing such an awesome way to give back and show appreciation to such a hard working man like Mashiro Sakurai.

Also please have one character randomly trip, it'd make the Brawl part of the card perfect :p
Could you post in the main thread and ask to be added as a signing or non-signing supporter as well? :D

(And I'm totally bribing someone to draw a tripping Luigi.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still need a lot of practice to be really good at drawing. But I've gotten a little bit better. I should try and draw Megaman or Zero a little more often.

Last edited:

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I consider myself somewhat decent at drawing but I'm not good with computer generated color effects and whatnot. Still good idea. Sakurai deserves a massive "Thank You" for his hard work! I mean...MEGAMAN!! for crying out loud!

Top Bottom