• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Definately gonna give Mega Man a shot!

So... What's your favorite Megaman item?

Gotta go for E Tanks...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
For favorite title screen, I gotta go with MM7. After seeing that huge Mad Grinder totally decimate the city, it is just too satisfying to see "MEGAMAN VII" with that awesome tune playing. It assures you that Megaman is on case and everything will be alright.

As far as favorite item goes, for now I'll also go with the E-Tank. I really like the idea of Megaman chugging down a cold one in the middle of a heated fight!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's hard to decide for a Favorite Title Screen.

I mean, nothing beats the nostalgia and simplicity of MM1, but the setup of MM2 was nice.
Also, MM5 and MM6 told stories that were actually good.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Mega Man 9. I love just seeing Mega Man, rarring to go once again!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've been playing Megaman games from classic to X (so far) since the last days of december.

I've done MM1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, B, 9, 10, then X, X2, X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, and I'm currently at X8. :3

But dang... I had to swallow my pride and play it on Easy, because Normal is just too hard, and a grindfest until things start becoming easier.

Anyway, gonna do MMZero after, and then ZX (hopefully beating Advent this time). Not sure if I'm gonna do Legends since MML2 was overwhelmingly hard for me... Couldn't finish it.
Then I might give Battle Network another chance (attempt No. 4).

So, what's the hardest (official) MM game you've ever played?
Think I'm going for MMZXA, MML2, and MMX8 on normal or higher. But honorable mentions go to MM9 (Superhero mode) and MM10 with Protoman (Hard Mode). Oh, and SFxMM if that even counts, but that's more because I depend on subpar PC controllers and the game itself feels buggy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, which Mega Man weapons do you think were the most powerful in the whole series? I know the Metal Blades are pretty obvious to choose, but I'm sure there are other that were extremely useful. I found the Lightning Bolt in Mega Man and Bass to be super useful, it deals some good damage while being able to keep Megaman in the air, even if its for a short amount of time.

And in the Mega Man X series, the Speed Burner was pretty strong in X2. Don't get me started on the Storm Tornado either, that was one of the most reliable weapons in the series.

Also, here's a shamelss self plug. I made a thread for costumes Megaman could get. Megaman Alternate Costume Thread(Speculation, Wishlists, ect.)

Neo Zero

1- 1 actually had a good variety of items, personally I'd say Fire Storm is best but the case for Cutter and Elec could be made
2- Moving on
3- Metal Blade Jr
4- 4 has a good pool as well, personally I'd say Ring but Pharoh is very strong too
5- With the OP buster, Charge and Gravity were the only weapons really worth using
6- Flame just for how strong it is rapid fired. Not a great game for weapons either though
7- Junk is very solid, though kind of clunky. If Junk isn't your cup of tea, either Slash or Noise
8- Tornado and Flash Bomb are probably best here, but tbh I never really bothered with the 8 weapons
B- Ice, Flame and Tengu are the best here. For MM I'd say Ice personally, while Bass hardly needs it so Tengu for him
9- Diamond. Can basically set it and forget it for almost a whole level.
10- Triple Blade in general, Ballade Cracker for MM

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Def won't be using MM in this game. Too many people will be using him. I don't wanna be MegaMan user #7889. Lol sheep.

JeanLucAwesome

Smash Rookie
NNID
JeanLuc Awesome
3DS FC
5026-5644-5277
MM1: Cut Man
MM2: Metal Man
MM3: Snake Man
MM4: Drill Man
MM5: Gyro Man
MM6: Knight Man
MM7: Cloud Man
MM8: Tengu Man
MM9: Hornet Man
MM10: Solar Man
RM&F: Ground Man

What's this crazy talk about Mega Man 5's ost being a step down. THAT'S INSANE! It's as amazing as the rest of them. :rolleyes:

The step down would be Mega Man 10. Woof.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's not a bad list. But how can you not like Coldman's theme? That dude is awesome. I guess if I had to choose my favorites from each game it'd be like this.

MM1: Elecman and Fireman
MM2: Metalman and Woodman
MM3: Shadowman/Magnetman/Snakeman
MM4: Pharaohman and Skullman
MM5: Starman and Chargeman
MM6: Tomahawkman
MM7: Turboman
MM8: Aquaman
MM9: Magmaman/Tornadoman/Splashwoman
MM10: Nitroman
MM&B: Coldman and Tenguman

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
My favorite weapons:

MM1: Fire Storm
MM2: Flash Stopper
MM3: Screw the weapons, Rush Jet it is!.... okay fine, Hard Knuckle.
MM4: Pharoah Shot
MM5: Um... they're all so bland... uh, Gravity Hold?
MM6: To be honest, I used the Power Mega Man more than the actual weapons, but if I had to choose one, I'd go for Wind Storm
MM7: Junk Shield
MM8: Flame Sword
MM9: Black Hole Bomb
MM10: Triple Blade

Neo Zero

Part of me is also wondering if they cleaned up his animations as well? The arm suggests its his Nair but the legs are different from what the previous Nair showed. Could also be a frame from his fair

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured it was just a frame of the Flame Sword animation actually. Given how Megaman's so inspired by his 8-bit self in this game, I doubt they'd change his N-Air buster shot.

Neo Zero

The one thing that makes me wonder is Flame Sword starts at an upward angle and ends at a downward angle. His arm is not on fire though and its in the mid

Maybe its Crash Bomber/Metal Blade related?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The one thing that makes me wonder is Flame Sword starts at an upward angle and ends at a downward angle. His arm is not on fire though and its in the mid

Maybe its Crash Bomber/Metal Blade related?
Huh, never thought of that. It could very well be one of those attacks mid-air counterparts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I saw something about that eariler. It's going over the origin story of MegaMan X. Though I wonder how much they are willing to give away about Classic Megaman's fate. I would think they'd still keep somethings vague. I'd imagine they'll do the "Day of Sigma" soon after that sets up the MMX series.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've always been a fan of homing weapons such as the MM3 Magnets and MM4 Torpedos.
Yeah, I'm lazy Embarrass

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Under the Logic of "Yellow Devil is a Stage Hazard because Daily pics", Mother Brain is now one, too.

EDIT: Oh, wait, people were actually believing that....
LET ME LAUGH HARDER!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

To be fair, we see Yellow Devil port in and not get activated by some item, was pretty obvious back then he was a hazard imo.

If she was a hazard, I'd of loved to see how the heck she got in and out of the stage lol. Ah well, it wasn't meant to be

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Feels too early for another crossover, not that it isn't awesome and is why I'm renewing my subscription. Was kinda hoping they'd finish Mega Man 3 before anything else, though I guess they could mix some of the time travel plot into the storyline that takes place after which is Mega Man II.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Archie Mega Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Archie Sonic
Of course, pretty much everything Mega Man > Sonic. That's how I see it anyway. I don't see how this would be different.

Under the Logic of "Yellow Devil is a Stage Hazard because Daily pics", Mother Brain is now one, too.

EDIT: Oh, wait, people were actually believing that....
LET ME LAUGH HARDER!

Yellow Devil hasn't been stated to be anything yet. So I'm guessing a toss-up between stage hazard and boss fight. Possibly even both of these.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone remember that pic of Kirby touching the Yellow Devil and not being hit?

Archie Mega Man>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Archie Sonic
Agreed. In all honesty, I'd like Archie Sonic more if it was truer to the games rather than being based on the cartoon.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Archie Sonic also crashed and burned. A lot. The only good thing to come out of it recently was the crossover with Mega Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Glad to hear so many people like the Mega Man comic books. I wonder if Archie would like to expand even further and do even more video game comics. Metroid and Ratchet and Clank would be sick.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And I wonder if Archie will expand further and publish comics to other countries, like mine.

Neo Zero

Interesting that Mighty No. 9 plays more like Second Armor X than Classic Mega Man

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Archie Sonic also crashed and burned. A lot. The only good thing to come out of it recently was the crossover with Mega Man.
I read most of it. Up until that canon-erasing beam thing that was supposed to throw them back into the classic games' stories. I just couldn't bear some things.

Is Mega Man better? I'm very tempted to give them a try.

Speaking of Mega Man, I've finished pretty much everything in the Platformer canon. (Classics, X, Zero, and ZX+A)
I decided to gather all the patience I could muster, and give Battle Network a 3rd try.

I FINALLY got interested in it enough to beat it. So I'm definitely going to play the rest of the series.
I was surprised as to how much fun the battle system is.
This is one of the very few RPGs where grinding can actually be fun. Although it's kinda more of an action-RPG.
It's also a kid-oriented game, which is fine by me, that was the demograph after all. And I'm sure that if I had played it when I was a kid, I would've totally loved it as well.

Once I'm done with MMBM and Starforce, I'll give Legends another go, and do my best to actually beat Legends 2 this time around.

But seriously, this is one of those franchises where I have to dig in deep to find a BAD Megaman game. I pretty much love them all. (Except Command Mission. That kinda got boring now. U_U)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But seriously, this is one of those franchises where I have to dig in deep to find a BAD Megaman game. I pretty much love them all. (Except Command Mission. That kinda got boring now. U_U)
I only recently finished all the games in the Classic series before I thought there was a bad game, but man, Mega Man III (GB) is definitely the worst in the series IMO. The level design is horribly unpolished and cheap.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I only recently finished all the games in the Classic series before I thought there was a bad game, but man, Mega Man III (GB) is definitely the worst in the series IMO. The level design is horribly unpolished and cheap.
Yeah, I know what you mean.
When I first played that, I couldn't believe how much I sucked at it, even though I religiously play all the classic games in a row at least once a month. Then it came to me that it wasn't me, but the level design.

To be honest, in the classic line, I don't quite like SFxMM as much. Although I'm not sure it counts. :p
From level design (Chun Li's stage is a straight line, for crying out loud), to boss roster (Rose, but no Guile?), but more importantly, the game just feels off. Good effort, though (not from Capcom, lol). I find Super Mario Crossover's Megaman playstyle to be MUCH more spot on to the NES games than SFxMM's. :D

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Glad to hear so many people like the Mega Man comic books. I wonder if Archie would like to expand even further and do even more video game comics. Metroid and Ratchet and Clank would be sick.
I heard they reached out to a lot of companies before they started Mega Man.

Top Bottom