• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if he was a good or bad character for competitive play.
He was just plain boring. Both the visual design and his moveset-design.
(Just my personal opinion, bro)

Zero on the other hand, was fun as hell to play as.
Err, sorry if I seemed offensive. ^_^; Megaman Voulnutt is my favorite character in TvC and quite possibly my second favorite character in the entire Megaman Meta series after classic Mega himself. I just got a bit defensive, that is all. Your opinion is fine with me.:)

As for Zero, I don't know if I could ever use him in fighting games. He has the second lowest HP in the game (tied with Roll) and while he has a lot of combo potential his attack power is sorely lacking. You have to be fast and furious with him and while I can easily play that way with him in X4-X6 and Zero1-4, having to play that frantically while using input commands for specials seems a bit too much for me. I have him on my team in pretty much every match I play in U/MvC 3 and he's generally the first one to die. I just can't get the hang of him. He's just not worth it to me, but that's just me. To each their own as they say.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Other than my mains, I like: Jun the Swan, Casshan, Doronjo, Ippatsuman, and Ryu.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Funny enough, when I saw that post of yours, Intruder Alert was playing on my iPod. If you dont have it, you should check out the Maverick Rising soundtrack on OCRemix, its very good (that song being one part of it)

For me, my favorite is Crush Crawfish. It's an intense piece from start to finish.

D

Deleted member

Who here has been collecting Mega Man posts every time it comes up on the site? I've been doing so and I enjoy looking at them.

Oh and I have Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, just never played it much. Maybe someday I'll play it again.
This whole Ridley situation reminds me of the last days of the "Megaman for SSBB" thread where after Keiji Inafune had said he hadn't been contacted about Megaman for SSBB, everyone started panicing and a few members, myself included, had to play damage control. We assured ourselves that Inafune was merely dodging the question so that he wouldn't give away the Blue Bomber. As we tried to convince everyone that there was still hope for Megaman's inclusion, the guys and I twisted Inafune's words forming various theories and possible scenerios that could lead to MM as a Brawl playable. Then the truth decimated our false wall of hope...

As a neutral to Ridley I can't say I'll shed any tears should he not be playable. In fact, if I had to take a shot at a theory, I actually think he will be to Pyrosphere what the Yellow Devil is to Megaman's stage. But we will see what he is in time I guess.

As for TvC, which was oddly enough where I took comfort after MM's decomfirmation in Brawl, I main Megaman/Casshern which brings me to...

What is wrong with Megaman? He's got incredible range and start up on his Machine Gun Super which he can follow up with a Charged Shot - something he didn't have in his source game!
The thing is, Inafune was telling it how it was. Saying that he hadn't be contacted about Mega Man was what he knew.

Sakurai on the other hand is known for his vagueness when it comes to quotes, even more so than most Japanese developers. The situation is more comparable to that of the "Up until now" scenario regarding Ness in which most assumed that Ness was cut from the roster, yet he ended up getting in. This was a result of overanalyzing the quote and not sitting back and waiting for the outcome.

The quote regarding Ridley could very well mean stage hazard, but it can just as likely be hinting at a playable character. Which is why I am holding out to see the outcome rather than going in a panic attack.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Sakurai on the other hand is known for his vagueness when it comes to quotes, even more so than most Japanese developers. The situation is more comparable to that of the "Up until now" scenario regarding Ness in which most assumed that Ness was cut from the roster, yet he ended up getting in. This was a result of overanalyzing the quote and not sitting back and waiting for the outcome.

The quote regarding Ridley could very well mean stage hazard, but it can just as likely be hinting at a playable character. Which is why I am holding out to see the outcome rather than going in a panic attack.
Point taken on Sakurai's ambiguity. Even so, it still reminds me of the old days. Maybe its because I've cemented Ridley as a stage hazard in my mind and when I read the Ridley thread it sounds a lot like denial. I'm not saying it is denial but rather that is how I perceive it. You are correct in saying that the situation is unknown at the moment, though, and if Ridley is indeed playable you and every other Ridley fan have my sincere congratulations.

And as for X series Maverick music:
X1: Flame Mammoth
X2: Morph Moth and Wire Sponge
X3: Gravity Beetle
X4: Storm Owl and Cyber Peacock
X5: Nothing. I find this game to be the weakest musically.
X6: Blizzard Wolfang and Blaze Heatnix
X7: Vanishing Gungaroo
X8: Gravity Antonion and Burn Rooster

And just as before choosing a definite favorite is near impossible.

Neo Zero

Point taken on Sakurai's ambiguity. Even so, it still reminds me of the old days. Maybe its because I've cemented Ridley as a stage hazard in my mind and when I read the Ridley thread it sounds a lot like denial. I'm not saying it is denial but rather that is how I perceive it. You are correct in saying that the situation is unknown at the moment, though, and if Ridley is indeed playable you and every other Ridley fan have my sincere congratulations.

And as for X series Maverick music:
X1: Flame Mammoth
X2: Morph Moth and Wire Sponge
X3: Gravity Beetle
X4: Storm Owl and Cyber Peacock
X5: Nothing. I find this game to be the weakest musically.
X6: Blizzard Wolfang and Blaze Heatnix
X7: Vanishing Gungaroo
X8: Gravity Antonion and Burn Rooster

And just as before choosing a definite favorite is near impossible.
X5 on blast :p.

Actually, I know they're not Maverick Stages, but Zero 1 and Zero 2 are awesome stage songs (though why Zero 2 is called that and not Sigma Stage I'll never know). I read that Zero 1 is actually supposed to be a remix of Quickman's theme.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If it's a hazard, I'm hoping it'll be Crocomire(unlikely), or that boss at the Pyro Sphere from Other M. The thing with tentacles.

If it's a playable, I'm hoping it'll be Ridley, but there's also a chance it's Dark Samus, which is not as hyping but still awesome imo.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
X5 on blast :p.

Actually, I know they're not Maverick Stages, but Zero 1 and Zero 2 are awesome stage songs (though why Zero 2 is called that and not Sigma Stage I'll never know). I read that Zero 1 is actually supposed to be a remix of Quickman's theme.
Well, maybe certain parts of Bolt Kraken and Spike Rosered themes are cool.

Also, I'll give you that the Zero stages have a kind of creepy or tragic ambiance. I don't like them in the same way I like say Cyber Peacock or Flame Mammoth, but the intended feeling was there so the execution was rather well done. But as you said, they aren't Maverick themes so they don't count. :p

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dr. Wily has to stop this Hacking Madness of his.
Word's on the street he's getting paid by Facebook to do this.

Neo Zero

Mega Forums <3

It took many lives, and even a continue or two, Mega Man looking defeated at the hands of the hacking Dr Wily and all hope is lost. Suddenly though, Mighty Number 9 emerges, and together with Rock, they defeated Dr Wily and saved Smashboards.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Its funny, I was actually thinking of making a Mega Man Skype chat for this Forum before the (smash) World ended. Guess ill get on that soon enough.

@SSBF extremely hyped though I haven't actually donated yet. I'm waiting till the end of the month to see how much I can afford to donate before the Kickstarter campaign ends.I want at least the 250package and maybe more if i can afford it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Your most memorable Megaman Moment?

When I met Mecha Dragon for the first time.
I was around 8 years old and had never before encountered such an intimidating Video Game Boss before.
The lower parts of my Mega Armor almost palett-swapped into the colors you get when you beat Needle Man.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Your most memorable Megaman Moment?

When I met Mecha Dragon for the first time.
I was around 8 years old and had never before encountered such an intimidating Video Game Boss before.
The lower parts of my Mega Armor almost palett-swapped into the colors you get when you beat Needle Man.

My most memorable moment would have to be beating Megaman X 2 for the first time. Namely because that fight with Sigma was pretty irritating. But when I landed that final blow I was pretty happy.

Neo Zero

The series has had so many amazing moments, amazing battles, vibrant stages, killer music and things that happen that are just epic to witness.

My favorite moment ever involving Mega Man though? Playing Mega Man 2 for the first time as my first Mega Man game when I was 4 (when I was allowed to play my brother's systems). Not only that, it was the first video game I ever got to play, and just from booting it up to dying tons of times to just finally reaching my first robot master (Bubbleman) was some of the most magical gaming moments still of my life.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Most Memorable Mega Man Moment, huh? Er that's a bit difficult. Can I give four?

1. February 14, 1996: My mom surprises me with my own copy of Mega Man X3.

2. ???? ??, ????: After losing multiple frustrating battles with Sigma in X3, I ripped the cartridge out of the system and stomped on it (the game still worked). Sigma cheated... >.<

3. Saturday November 1, 1997: My best friend and I found a copy of Mega Man X4 in Blockbuster. I was in literal shock for at least 30 seconds. Neither of us had a playstation (at that time) so my best friend rented Mega Man 7 and we fought each other in vs mode. Turned into a real fight when he started winning and not telling me how to use the Slash Claw. >_> Later that night I discovered Megaman's name in Japan was Rockman.

4. Saturday February 21, 1998: My best friend (who now does have a Playstation) invited me over to play Mega Man X4. Best. Night. Ever! The game exceeded my expectations to say the least.

Those second two are probably why MMX4 is my favorite MM game.

Tetraplex

Smash Cadet
A bit of backstory. When I first discovered Megaman (X) at a friends house, back when I was just a wee lad, I was awful. My tiny child reflexes were unable to cope with the insanity of these powerful robots.

Cut to many years later, finding the X collection on sale at Gamestop. It was just so satisfying running through that game over the course of a weekend, blasting through nearly all of the Mavericks easily. Still not great at the Classics, though.

Neo Zero

Just something I thought I'd share while we're so close to the end of the Kickstarter.

EDIT: FOUR MILLION DOLLARS AND MIGHTY NUMBER 9 IS FUNDED!!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm glad that the Kickstarter was so successful. I'm pretty interested in what ways Compect can expand alot of the ideas that were always present in Megaman. We might see something along the lines of Megaman X.

Morbi

Scavenger
My Most memorable Mega Man Moment May Make Me Mewl My Maliciously Morbid Manifestation... Maybe... Make Mom Milk Moo!

Practicing my alliteration. You never know when you might need it.

My most memorable moment was when he got into Street Fighter X Tekken. I couldn't stop laughing.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hallelujah! In view humble hankering, both housing and hanging different histories. This hallucination, no mere haze of hope, is an hallucination of the "haec olim meminisse iuvabit" now halted,
hollow. However, this heroic hymn of a bygone hope has hushed to these hideous harms, heightening headaches and highly hampering our heated search for happiness.
The only habitude is hate; a hassen, held as a hallmark not in harshness, but as a harbinger of the high-and-mighty, of hopes of henceforth halcyon days to come.
Honestly this humongous hash of words heavily deviates most hearers, so let us simply add that it's our huge honour to meet you and you may know us as Hate.

Something I made the other day for a group of friends IRL where our ideology is basically to hate everything.
Yes, it is based of V's Speech.

Also, while I love classic Megaman, my favourite Megaman moment is when Zero self-destructs, closely followed by the time where Iris dies in Zero's hands (despite the "what am I fighting for?").
My classic Megaman moment is maybe the first battle versus Bass.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
My memorable moment was making it to Metal Man in MM2. Lost to him, but it was because there was a glitch where I would take damage from the chains of the spike obstacles, or at random times.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Most memorable moment... I'd probably say when I completed Mega Man 2 for the first time. I used to think that it was incredibly difficult and impossible to beat, but now I can run through the games wondering why in the world I thought that back then.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Most memorable moment... I'd probably say when I completed Mega Man 2 for the first time. I used to think that it was incredibly difficult and impossible to beat, but now I can run through the games wondering why in the world I thought that back then.
Occasionally, I still lose to this boss, though:

Due to Ammo Management.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I feel comfortable saying this here...

I only recently became a Mega Man fan, around last summer. With no access to the games, I listened to music, drew the Robot Masters, loved it. Then, last week, I was finally was able to play MM2. And I beat Flash Man. I was EXTREMELY happy.

But I despise those lasers in Quick Man's stage. EVERY SINGLE TIME I run out of energy or I hit an enemy or something, it's like I'm a n00b or something (I'm around intermediate, I'm not hardcore or casual, yet I have the flexibility to play Brawl and Wii Sports on the same day). So, I thought I'd come here for advice.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you're having problems with Quick Man's stage, you should practice on Rainbow Man's stage. :troll:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Another idea is to practice by beating the game that your avatar shows.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Occasionally, I still lose to this boss, though:

Due to Ammo Management.
That reminds me of another moment when I was 5 or 6 where on this very boss (The Buebeam Trap) I was one trap away from moving on to Wily's next stage but I had run out of Crash Bombs at the worst moment.

Also when I was 5 or 6, I used to run back to my room cower in fear whenever I heard the sound of Metalman throwing his blades. There was just something creepy and unnatural about that "zonk" sound. I obviously overcame it, though.

Like I said, with Megaman, mentioning one moment is hard. :p

Top Bottom