• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Is that...... Tooth Paste?

Also - Mega Man 2,501 posts.
Were the Sonic Boards this chatish when he was confirmed for Brawl?
His name is Bond Man. (Canceled Mega Man boss) So i assume his powers involved Glue or something.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hmm....I thought long and hard (thatswhatshesaid) about this question.

Best: BurnerMan

This design is just awesome. It fits the name, it incorporates subtle things like the Tanks well without it looking overly complicated and stupid. He's badass looking as well, and distinct from other Fire based robot Masters.

Worst: MagicMan

I know it's weird to point out a robot master from the same game, but everything that DOES work for BurnerMan doesn't work here. While it's thematically correct, it has a lot of questionable choices (such as giant card shoulders that dont blend together at ALL with the rest of the design). It just looks incredibly goofy and stupid. I was originally gonna pick Spring Man (who is also bad), but Spring Man (and Sheep Man on that note) are simplistic while looking goofy, this is overly complicated yet equally, if not more so, stupid.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I realllllly like all of the Robot Master designs, so it's hard to say what's best or worst, but I wanna join in so HERE GOES

Best: Cut Man

I'm a fan of the simpler designs, and Cut Man is about as simple and straight to the point as you can get. Other Robot Master designs you might have trouble conveying in words, but all you have to say for Cut Man is "scissor head" and you have a pretty good idea of what he looks like. This is a feature so unique to Cut Man that I doubt any future designs that try to put a set of shears on something's head can get away with it without bringing up thoughts of Cut Man. Guys like Quick Man and Elec Man have strong designs too, but they owe their look to past icons (Casshern and Electro). The red-orange and white work out really well, too!

Worst: Oil Man

Kind of a cop out answer, but it really stands out to me thinking about it now. This design is a major source of controversy, to the point where he was recolored for the U.S. version and redesigned for his portrayal in the Archie Comics series. It's hard to believe the designers could not foresee the problem with this design, especially after the controversy surrounding the Pokemon Jynx. I have seen multiple topics by fan artists on forums asking how he should be drawn, as they respect the look of the original designs (they're fans!) but do not wish to offend others.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
For best I'll say Batman :troll:
OK seriously I'll probably get back to answering that later XD but for worst I'll say Ice Man... He has such an inspiring robotic design, he's an ******! Seriously when I say ROBOT master I imagine a ROBOT! That is honestly one of the laziest design choices possible!

Neo Zero

OK seriously I'll probably get back to answering that later XD but for worst I'll say Ice Man... He has such an inspiring robotic design, he's an ******! Seriously when I say ROBOT master I imagine a ROBOT! That is honestly one of the laziest design choices possible!
You know, your saying that reminds me of that interview special G4 did about Mega Man, where Inafune himself said, in simple term "Wow, theese [MM1] robot designs were not very good, wish I could do em over"

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I first thought of picking Ice Man, actually.
Dude look likes a human.

Neo Zero

Might I suggest favorite game throughout the entire series next? :p

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Look out, Megaman. Ice Man brought a friend... and hammers!

Heheh I was just thinking today about how Mega Man vs Popo would feel so much like a battle against Ice Man.

Neo Zero

Mega Man won't stand a chance! :D
Ice Man has a proven weakness against bomb type weapons and electrical attacks. Thus meaning they're extra weak against Crash Bomb and Spark Shock attacks. Now who doesn't stand a chance :p

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Ice Man has a proven weakness against bomb type weapons and electrical attacks. Thus meaning they're extra weak against Crash Bomb and Spark Shock attacks. Now who doesn't stand a chance :p
And mega man has a proven weakness to getting hit with things!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Mega Man has yet to experience the horrors of a chaingrab...

... oh wait.... MvC2 is basically make your own infinite, so I think in a way he has. XD

Neo Zero

Who needs to worry about chain grabs when you have Sentinels and Cables looking for blood--err, oil

Neo Zero

Marth's tipper >>>>> Mega Man.

Sure, we'll get to it in a bit, bro.

They really did a great job mimicing MM 8bit's movement.
But Sword Man and Blade Man :v. Really, nothing possibly bad can happen......except for that darn DDD Gordo

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I like Gyro Man. He is cool. He has helicopters. He is my favorite and I like him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

It has everything I'd want from a Mega Man game... except multiplayer.

It has 3 difficulty modes, 3 playable characters, 3 DLC bosses that provide Mega Man their respective weapons (the Mega Man killers), it has awesome music, intense challenges, Endless Mode, Time Attack, and one of the coolest weapon sets ever.

WEAPON VARIETY
Sword Blades: The Metal Blades of MM10
Chill Shot: Kinda like Ice Man, but they can kill those pesky ground seekers,
Solar __ : I admit this one kinda sucks, but it's also perfect for cutting through the Joes' shields.
Nitro Blades: My favorite weapon from this game. They travel ahead of you, but you can also let them pull you up walls.
Sheep Lightning: It kinda sucks because of its high consumption rate, but it also deals heavy damage.
Commando Man: Pretty slow.. but very powerful.
Pump Shield: Not the best of shields, but durable, and deals a lot of damage if used well.
Strike Ball: A nice successor of the Gemni laser, with lower consumption rate.

And did I mention that composers from the past 9 Mega Man games got together to make the soundtrack? :o

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Mega Man 4

This game defines my childhood
It was the first MM Game I owned, and I played it over and over again to try stuff like "What Robot Master to beat first/last".

They made almost every Robot Master look like the leader of the bunch.
Never before had the majority of the Robot Masters in a MM Game looked so evil, god damn angry, and bossy.

Also, great music.

Neo Zero

From the classic series, this was a tough choice. After much thinking about it though, I picked a sleeper

While certainly not the best game in the series, this was just a cool game. It was the first MM game I played that really had a emphasis on the story of the series. The Robot Masters were menacing, with all very good designs (Spring Man, who I previously mentioned, not withstanding) and the variety of powers was great. The game had lots of excellent unique powers (Freeze Cracker, Danger Wrap, Noise Crush) while also having some very good attack powers. Almost every weapon had unique uses and times where they were useful, and could even interact with the stages themselves. The only weapon that was bad imo was Scorch Wheel (honestly, one of the worst weapons) but even it had things going for it like lighting candles and burning trees. Rush had some new abilities too, as well as the Powerful Super Adapter. The music was great, and I love the SNES sounds, one of my favorite songs of the whole series being Wily Stage 1 from this game. The game was still fast paced (if only the sprites were a smidge smaller) and had a good pacing to it. It also introduced the Vegeta to Mega Man's Goku, Bass, a cool and dangerous robot in his own right (and in a lot of ways, the very first Maverick) who could go toe to toe with the Blue Bomber.

Heck, when Rockman 7 FC was made, it became imo a near perfect Mega Man game just because the biggest flaw (being the scaling) was fixed, but even then the SNES original still holds a warm place in my heart. Plus the ending with Mega Man getting it in his mind (bad translation and all) that Wily was to dangerous to live, yet hesitating due to his peaceful nature was a great touch, and the credit sequence where he walks from the Flaming Castle is absolutely epic.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just downloaded SSB Crusade.
Playing online Vs a friend.
Way more fun than I expected.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
****ing ****!

I started replaying Mega Man & Bass... good lord, these games are harder than I remember...

Neo Zero

****ing ****!

I started replaying Mega Man & Bass... good lord, these games are harder than I remember...
Did you pick Mega Man? General rule

Mega Man: Easier bosses, hard stages
Bass: Super Easy stages, slightly harder but not that much harder bosses (except Final King omfg)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Did you pick Mega Man? General rule

Mega Man: Easier bosses, hard stages
Bass: Super Easy stages, slightly harder but not that much harder bosses (except Final King omfg)

Naw, I'm Bassing it up. The stages are trivially easy but beating the first boss without the ability to do charge shots is awful due to their invulnerability period. Blech. That's for sure where I'm dying, tinking away at bosses as they TURN INTO GIANT DRILLS AND MURDER ME.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

I feel a bit bad for saying a playstation game is my favorite MM game in a Nintendo message board. Still Megaman X4 is my favorite MM of all time and has been for 15 years.

- The anime cutscenes were awesome! It was the first time I had ever seen full fledged animation in a video game actually.

- The Ultimate Armor was fun to play and destroy things with!

- Playing as Zero for the first time was an epic treat (though he's an overrated schmuck now :p).

- Every single piece of music in the game was breathtaking. In fact, I feel as though the music itself conveyed part of the story.

- I really liked the neat touches they added. For instance, the afterimage silhouettes that appear when dashing invokes a feeling of real speed. Also when the WARNING sign appears in the boss chamber (MMX4 was the first game to have it) you know things are about to get down and dirty.

- The character/reploid designs are the best in the series!

Megaman X4 is pretty much sealed as my favorite MM game - I don't think anything will ever surpass it, I just feel it was that well made. Ironically I'm not an X series fan, but a classic series fan. MM8 is a close second though (yeouch another playstation game...).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
****ing ****!

Don't feel bad, Megaman & Bass IS the hardest classic Mega Man game for me. :( Just when you get through most of the game and King's levels... having to deal with so many spike pits was uber cheap... Still, it's a great game, but definitely #1 hardest MM game. (Unless we count the DLC hard modes for MM9, or Hard from MM10 they may be harder).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Easiest/Hardest Robot Master, using Buster only?
(Hard Difficulty for MM2)

Top Bottom