• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Easiest: Toad Man

I don't think this up for debate, you literally just stand there shooting him and he won't move. He's an absolute joke.

Hardest: Needle Man

Now this one is up for debate. To me, there is the big 3. Quick Man, Shadow Man and Needle Man. Shadow Man is the most pattern based of the 3 and isn't that bad to outlast. Quick Man is more random, but he goes down faster iirc, plus he never really traps you. Needle Man however will trap you, pin you down, and will hurt you bad.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Easiest/Hardest Robot Master, using Buster only?
(Hard Difficulty for MM2)

Aw, from MM2 only?

Well hands down...

I know for certain because I JUST did this experiment of fighting the hardest MM Robot Masters from each game with Mega Buster only. And THIS guy cost me an arm and a leg to beat, more than anyone else. Nobody got even close to the level of douchery Quickman got. But I still love this character.
(As for in the whole classic series, honorable mentions go to Astro Man from MM&B.)

Easiest: Crash Man. It's the Robot Master I can guarantee a perfect win.

Neo Zero

No he means if you pick a 2 robot, the set difficulty is hard mode.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I remember Air Man being woefully easy to beat with just the Mega Buster, though I don't recall there being an "easy" mode or a "hard" mode for the version I played.

After playing through Mega Man & Bass, for hardest I'm going to have to say Astro Man, the cheap ***********.

Jumping out of your range and summoning two holographic doubles that keep shooting at you as he swooshes around shooting at you as well... What the crap, Capcom. And, since he is one of the first three Robot Masters you can fight in that game, it's extraordinarily likely that you'll try to beat him without his weakness. Oh, and his level was the hardest one in the game.

**** you, Astro Man.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I can't remember all the fights well enough to discern who I think is the easiest or hardest, so if it's ok I'll rant about boss fights in Mega Man 3 instead. After picking up the 3DS version, I set a save state at the Wily Teleport System room so I could finally try and learn how to properly fight all of them.

In order of what I feel is easiest to hardest:

-Top Man is by far the easiest. He may be the easiest Robot Master to beat period. He only has 2 attacks, and he never mixes them up to make dodging them tricky. It's simple to consistently beat him without getting hit after figuring out his moves, and he has a slight weakness to the Mega Buster so you can finish him off fast despite him being invincible while spinning.

-Snake Man is a Robot Master I surprisingly used to have a lot of trouble with, because if you don't know what to do you'll end up bumping into him a lot and losing tons of health. Even though I had seen a friend's video about how to beat him without getting hit, it wasn't until I got to repeat the fight with the 3DS that I finally got down the pattern. As long as you claim the middle pillar and use it to jump over Snake Man, you can pretty easily avoid ever getting hit by him. It's not hard to pull off either, so as long as you figure this out, Snake Man becomes an easy boss you can beat even with low health.

-Magnet Man has a really straight forward pattern, but also a lot of points where he's invincible. It can take awhile to beat him with just a Mega Buster, which means more time to mess up dodging his hops or his Magnet Missiles. Not too tough to beat, but you have to stay pretty active.

-Spark Man, and all the other Robot Masters below, I have a difficult time fighting without getting hit (even after recognizing their patterns). While his attacks are fairly easy to dodge as long as you're on the opposite side of the room as he is, it can be tricky not getting into that situation. He is capable of stopping at any of the 5 platforms, so if you're at the far end of one and he starts sparking on the platform next to you, you're in trouble. As long as you have enough health to take one or two hits though, you should be able to always take him out.

-Gemini Man has 2 reactionary patterns, and I'm not sure I understand the best way to take out the 2nd one yet. The first one is straight forward enough; jump over one of the clones, shoot, jump his bullet, repeat. After one of the clones is gone, shooting will make him jump, which allows you to simply walk under him and keep attacking. HOWEVER, after some time he will eventually fire the Gemini Laser, during which he will not jump to your shot and he'll actually change direction, something that I have a difficult time figuring out how to deal with. Again, as long as you can take a hit or two, beating him isn't too terrible.

-Hard Man's fight is interesting when it comes to discerning difficulty. If you had no health left, Hard Man's fight would be incredibly difficult, because his Hard Knuckles are not at all easy to dodge. If you have a good amount of health though, you won't have much trouble spamming the Mega Buster and finishing off Hard Man before his Hard Knuckles finish you. Most of the Robot Master's attacks in this game are simple enough to dodge IF you know that they're coming, but the Hard Knuckles are way tricky, which makes it much more tempting to spam Mega Buster fire and take the hits rather than waste time trying to dodge and failing.

-Shadow Man has a reputation for being one of the most challenging Mega Buster only Robot Masters to fight. Even though he only has two attacks like Top Man, there's a 50/50 chance he'll use one or the other after his set of hops, and the difference between them require split second reaction timing to properly dodge. When he slides, he does so immediately, to the point where if I'm not already jumping towards him right when he begins I'll end up getting hit and taking a lot of damage. However, jumping early can be a fatal mistake, as his other attack of throwing Shadow Blades requires that you be ready to jump after a small delay. Touching Shadow Man hurts a lot more than the Shadow Blade, so I tend to jump and pray that he'll slide more often than he'll throw Shadow Blades. For me, this makes the fight a gamble, as he could end up throwing tons of Shadow Blades and sap all of my health.

-Needle Man is a Robot Master who I never pegged to be so difficult in the past, but that's probably because his stage comes with a free E-Can and the Gemini Laser messes him up bad. With only a Mega Buster and a single health bar, though, Needle Man is very deadly. He can shoot off needles high and low, hop short or far, and has a short range physical attack that is super painful. Even if you focused entirely on dodging without a thought for having to fight back, you'd have a hard time not getting snagged by one of his attacks. The way he mixes up his moves makes him very unpredictable, so you have to be ready for anything, all the while trying to tag him with shots for the few times he's on the ground. It's fitting that the Robot Master with spikes is so dangerous to Mega Man!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hard Man's hard (:troll:)? Honestly I thought he was pretty easy. I usually don't even attempt to dodge his Hard Knuckle and just spam the Mega Buster, I only move when he does his ground pound. For the most part I can drain his health faster than he can drain mine.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Easiest: Fire Man / Toad Man.
Fire Man: If you know where the B-button is, you'll win this fight.
Just stand in your corner, point your buster at him and mash the button, and he'll drop before you do.

Toad Man: Just fire one pellet (or Charge Shot) at a time, and he won't really do anything.

In the end, Imma go with Fire Man.
The reason I didn't pick Toad Man, is because there's a technique to beating him (a REALLY wasy one that is, but still).

Hardest: Shadow Man / Astro Man MM&B.
Shadow Man: Just when you think you know what attack he's gonna pull off next, he laughs at you as he slides across you face and tear you up with them
Ninja Stars.
Shadow Man sets the pace, and there's nothing you can do about it.
No one ****s with Shadow Man.
Just look at that smirk.

Astro Man: This guy can virtually decide not to lose, thus only using his unpunishable attacks.
And, sometimes when you hit him, he doesn't even wanna take damage. He just "flashes" (Damage Indicator).
Hell, I even get the feeling he's messing with you through his stage at some points.

In the end, 1'st place goes to Shadow Man.

btw, Quick Man can be a *****, but he's not THAT hard, really.

Hard Man's hard (:troll:)? Honestly I thought he was pretty easy. I usually don't even attempt to dodge his Hard Knuckle and just spam the Mega Buster, I only move when he does his ground pound. For the most part I can drain his health faster than he can drain mine.
That's how I beat him back in the day as well ;)

PressStart

Smash Cadet
If "difficulty" is based purely on the fact of how hard it is to beat the Robot Master with only a Mega Buster and a full set of health (with no E-Cans), then yes, Hard Man would be considered incredibly easy. His movement pattern is very straight forward, so it's not tricky at all just to fire away and take him out before he can finish you.

However, the situation changes if you end up having to fight Hard Man with a low amount of health. The Robot Masters I listed above him may be harder to beat by spamming fire (you definitely don't want to do that with Gemini Man's first stage) but they're much easier to fight while avoiding getting hit. Hard Man, Needle Man, and Shadow Man all have attacks that are very difficult to dodge; Hard Man's just doesn't hurt as much.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Easiest: Toadman - As many have said a well placed charged shot will interrupt his rain dance.

2nd place: Fireman (GB) - He just stands there, blasting a flare, without a care...

Honorable Mention: Crashman - He can be easily manipulated into an idiot pattern.

Hardest: Solarman - He's the one RM who's beatable by the buster that I can't beat. For every shot I dish he deals back about 5 or 6 points of damage in return. He just jumps around his room frantically, smacking me with his sun at every turn! I just...I just can't do it. I can't beat him buster only. It's like a robot master that Dr.Wily actually put thought into.

2nd place: Woodman - Those leaves always hit me. If the leaf Shield doesn't hit me, the falling ones do. No matter how I time my jumps, I just can't avoid those danged leaves!

Honorable Mention: Anything from MM&B with the Bass Buster. As qdMbp puts it: " tinking away at bosses as they TURN INTO GIANT DRILLS AND MURDER ME."

SHAMEFUL WUSS: Elecman - He can be locked into an idiot pattern that makes Crashman blush. As long as you have the timing and he doesn't have your back.

EDIT: Thanks to Ziolspwnzor's strategy, RyuGoomba's linking to Roahm Mythril of Ziolspwnzor's strategy, Roahm Mythril's video of Ziolspwnzor's strategy and Margnetman23's linking to Roahm Mithril's video of Ziolpwnzor's strategy, Elecman isn't as tough as I though. So yeah...>_>

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Easiest: Toadman - As many have said a well placed charged shot will interrupt his rain dance.

2nd place: Fireman (GB) - He just stands there, blasting a flare, without a care...

Honorable Mention: Crashman - He can be easily manipulated into an idiot pattern.

Hardest: Solarman - He's the one RM who's beatable by the buster that I can't beat. For every shot I dish he deals back about 5 or 6 points of damage in return. He just jumps around his room frantically, smacking me with his sun at every turn. I just...I just can't do it! I can't beat him buster only. It's like a robot master that Dr.Wily actually put thought into.

2nd place: Woodman - Those leaves always hit me. If the leaf Shield doesn't hit me, the falling ones do. No matter how I time my jumps, I just can't avoid those danged leaves!

Honorable Mention: Anything from MM&B with the Bass Buster. As qdMbp puts it: " tinking away at bosses as they TURN INTO GIANT DRILLS AND MURDER ME."

IMPOSSIBLE: Elecman - He will literally dance on air itself just to hit you with three Thunder Beams! It's not going to happen.
Watch this it makes ElecMan look really easy XD

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well this thread hasn't been active recently, in this case is double posting allowed? XD I just have to say I just beat mega man 5's robot masters buster only and though none of them were at top man or toad man's level of easiness none were at shadow man's level of hardness either :p So from easiest to hardest it goes:

Stone Man: I think him and Star Man are ALMOST tied but I went with giving him the lowest for being easier to avoid even though he takes longer which in turn gives more room for error. But yeah it took me a few tries to get him but he's still not too bad.

Star Man: He has the advantage of being a bit harder to avoid consistently IMiO but maybe that's just me. But yeah... He's slightly harder to avoid then stone man so that gives him the edge in this ranking

Gravity Man: When I fought him I made stupid mistakes and the gravity mixes up my sliding and confuses me a bit and sliding is important to my battle strategy against him. He's not that hard to avoid if you slip up less then I did but it was a bit hard to pick in the 3 way almost tie between Gyro Man Gravity Man and Napalm Man (oops spoilers) and he got the short end of my judgement

Gyro Man: The only thing that's really annoying is the unpredictability of wether he'll fly off or use the gyro attack. I often times miss chances to hit him because of that. And it gets really annoying to dodge the gyro attacks he does from the ground when he corners me and/or fires them like 10 times in a row. But other then that everything else is very easy to get used to :p

Napalm Man: He throws bomby thingies. They're sort of hard to dodge. But the missile thingys are worse. But if I stay close to him he'll use the bomby thingies wait why is this guy the 4th hardest? OK I might rethink this but this is a near tie between those 3

Crystal Man: It took a reasonable amount of time to get the hang of fighting him and his crystal eyes are pretty annoying to dodge but thanks to RoahmMythril's strategy (if you can't tell I basically just follow that let's player's suggestions for any given stage :p) I can put him into a pattern that can be described as toad man but with a slow mega buster :D

Wave Man: UGGGG WHEN I TRY TO CONCENTRATE ON AVOIDING THE HARPOONY THINGY I GET HIT WITH THE WAVEY THINGY! AND WHEN I CONCENTRATE ON THE WAVEY THINGY I GET HIT WITH THE HARPOONY THINGY! OK he isn't that bad but the harpoon is annoying no ifs and or buts about it.

Charge Man: OK, his coal attack is normally not a problem at all but what does Charge Man do? CHARGE :D he is extremely annoying to jump over. Why? Because sometimes he turns around while I'm in mid jump! And SOMETIMES when I'm in mid jump he turns around and charges at me GAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OK he's still not that bad but when the only time he's not invincible is when I'm trying to distance my self from him I'm obviously going to have some troubles.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would have been smartass and said Quick Man Gamma from MM3...

But at least you fight him in a neutral stage... which makes him much easier to avoid than MM2 Quick Man with all those platforms in the way. X_X

PressStart

Smash Cadet
I guess it wouldn't be as impressive after having the Weapon Archives in Mega Man 10, but it'd be cool to have Doc Robots in a new Mega Man that each stored all 8 powers from different Mega Man games. It -seems- like it'd be a fun challenge for players who have experienced all the fights, having to deal with one super boss that changed strategies on the fly. Maybe instead just have element themed ones that borrow from 2 or 3 (like a Water Doc Robot that has access to Wave Man's, Aqua Man's, and Pump Man's moves).

Neo Zero

Here's a thought

Fire (Leaves behind ground trail)-Quick (dat pattern and speed)-Gemini (two)-Toad (can use full screen AoE that CAN'T be interrupted)-Charge (Invincible Dash)-Tomahawk (arcing projectiles)-Burst (can trap you in bubbles and leaves bombs)-Sword (Can divide his two forms into 4 parts, two tops, two bottoms)-Dynamo (can heal)-Jewel (Constant Shot Absorbing Shield)-Nitro (Has projectiles that stick to the wall that will go up and then detach from the ceiling) Doc Robot

have fun

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Fun? With what? Naming the hardest Robot Master from each?

Ok. I'll play.

NO E-tanks, Buster only, Robot Masters chamber.

MM1: Guts Man
MM2: Quick Man
MM3: Shadow Man
MM4: Ring Man
MM5: Wave Man
MM6: Flame Man
MM7: Junk Man
MM8: Aqua Man
MM&B: Astro Man
MM9: Hornet Man
MM10: Nitro Man

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Fun? With what? Naming the hardest Robot Master from each?

Ok. I'll play.

NO E-tanks, Buster only, Robot Masters chamber.

MM1: Guts Man
MM2: Quick Man
MM3: Shadow Man
MM4: Ring Man
MM5: Dive Man
MM6: Flame Man
MM7: Junk Man
MM8: Aqua Man
MM&B: Astro Man
MM9: Hornet Man
MM10: Nitro Man
OBJECTION Dive Man is in mega man 4! I'm pretty sure you meant wave man. And Ring Man isn't that hard XP

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
OBJECTION Dive Man is in mega man 4! I'm pretty sure you meant wave man. And Ring Man isn't that hard XP

Whoops, I tend to confuse 4 and 5 a lot, since they're the ones I've played less, but I meant Wave Man, lol

In the past, Ring Man's pattern was obvious to me (it still is, it's just too fast) while Skull Man was the almost impossible one.
I now can beat Skull Man a lot easier than before, but Ring Man is still REALLY tough to me for some reason.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Whoops, I tend to confuse 4 and 5 a lot, since they're the ones I've played less, but I meant Wave Man, lol

In the past, Ring Man's pattern was obvious to me (it still is, it's just too fast) while Skull Man was the almost impossible one.
I now can beat Skull Man a lot easier than before, but Ring Man is still REALLY tough to me for some reason.
I generally find Drill Man to be more challenging and Pharaoh Man also getting honorable mention

Neo Zero

No I meant, combining hard aspects of a robot from each game into one super Doc Robot lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
No I meant, combining hard aspects of a robot from each game into one super Doc Robot lol.

Oooh!
Here goes:

-Everytime he lands off a jump, he causes earthquakes (Gutsman)
-He's fast like Quick Man
-He slides like Shadow Man
-His attack is fast like Ring Man
-He throws Crystal balls (4 of them) (Crystal Man) {Changed for Crystal Man because Wave Man isn't much of a threat now that I recall)
-His secondary move is bursting flames from the ground, these block projectiles.
-He can control the Crystal balls in a trajectory of his choosing (Aqua Man)
-He leaves 2 holograms of himself shooting as well.
-He can fly up and out of reach (Hornet Man)
-He can run up walls, shoot from above, and land safely.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Off topic, ut I found an awesome video:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
This is the social thread. Everything and nothing is off topic.
You can talk about taking out the trash, or what ever the **** you want, bro :starman:
Well if that's the case... Seriously Sakurai add in Omastar I know you want to!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've created the hardest Robot Master ever:

The fight takes place in this Boss Chamber:

Try to top that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I've created the hardest Robot Master ever:

The fight takes place in this Boss Chamber:

Try to top that.

Ouch... Seems legit.
If I had Nitro Blades though....

ok
I'll try:

Only replace Burner Man with...

And don't even dream about using Bass. :D

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Daaang, those are some evil combos! I wouldn't be surprised if some of them already exist in one of those harsh ROM hacks.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I'll try this:

Doc Robot equipped with...

- Flashman's Time Stopper.

- Quickman's Quick Boomerang as well as his erratic movement and uneven boss room.

- Dynamoman's recharge chamber.

With Mega Buster ONLY and no charge shots. Invincibility frames won't save you here. :p

I'm gonna call it, I've now created the hardest Mega Man boss.
View attachment 1514
Gravity Hold.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Easiest/Hardest Robot Master Stage w/o items?
(1, 2, I, 3, II, 4, III, 5, IV, V, 6, 7, 8, &B, 9, 10)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Oooh...

Easiest:
Tied between Bubble Man (MM2) Top Man (MM3) or Centaur Man (MM6).

I think I'm going to go with Centaur Man. Mega Man 6 as a whole was extremely easy. (And I loooved beating the Robot Masters with the Power Suit)

Hardest stage:

Burner Man/Pirate Man (MM & B) / Heat Man (MM2)

Toughie... But I have gotten game overs in Burner Man's stage, so I'm gonna go with that.

Neo Zero

Honestly, I can't pick an easiest off the top of my head (though any Bass stage as Bass would be pretty high lol)

Hardest: Heat Man

It's not so much that it's the hardest thing to deal with, but considering such a large part of the stage is punishable by death, it can be pretty hard on a first time. Honestly though, I can't think of any stage that's really really hard without items (that isn't a Castle stage)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Easiest: Flash Man
You can pretty much run through this stage w/o even running into enemies, by choosing the right route.

Hardest: Ice Man
Those flying, shooting platforms. ****.

Neo Zero

Easiest: Flash Man
You can pretty much run through this stage w/o even running into enemies, by choosing the right route.

Hardest: Ice Man
Those flying, shooting platforms. ****.
Holy, how could I forget that stage. Back when water didn't let you defy gravity and spikes would still instakill you even during hitflash. What a nightmare

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Good call on the Ice Man stage. I doubt I've ever cleared it without using the Magnet Beam; I'm sure there's other tough levels, but for the most part it seems like they're at least beatable buster only. With Ice Man... frik.

I only recently discovered how mean Gemini Man's level is without using Rush Marine or Rush Jet. It's not too bad if you're patient, but it's still much scarier than just gliding through the water part.

It also seems like Hornet Man had a pretty tough stage without items, but it's been awhile.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For myself I'm probably going to have to say Drill Man's stage. I don't think I've ever made it through that stage without the help of Skull Barrier or an E-Tank. Those stupid falling rocks. >_>

Top Bottom