• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I Agree. Both 5 & 6 Music are a musical step down imo.
Well, I would defend Mega Man 6 a little bit. First of all, it's definitely better than Mega Man 5 musically.

I would also say that while MM6 overall is definitely inferior to MM1-4 in music, it does have a couple of standout tracks. I think Flame Man's theme is among the best of the NES series.

Also! Might as well post the links to some good remixes:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hmmm favorite Robot Master.... Hmmm let's see... Surprising, I KNOW! I like Magnet Man XD There's just something I love about fighting him, I don't know, maybe it's the way he doesn't completely piss me off when I fight him like say, Shadow Man. But though he's sort of easy he makes it a lot more interesting and eventful than guys like Top Man :3

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Oh right, I never did answer that. I guess I'm obligated to choose Splash Woman, obviously because of gender since I love water, tridents, singing, and my weakness would probably be hornets. Also because I actually played the game she's from. Actually rocked a sig of her for a while.

I'd obviously Pessimism genderneutralpronoun.

D

Deleted member

Regarding Mega Man music, I'd also say that Tomahawk Man and Wind Man are solid themes from that game.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I generally play Buster Only but I'll I'll have to go with the Top Spin Water Shield for being my favorite weapon to use in mega man 10... In an age where I actually used weapons :p It's not as useful as triple blade but it's funner to use XD

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
I'd actually have to go with the Flash Stopper. It's just so ridiculously useful all the time, it's not even funny. Honorable mention goes to the Slash Claw and Flame Sword though, for being fun as heck.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Imma go with the Drill Bomb.
Drills = Awesome
Explosions = Cool

Drills packed with explosives = Self-explanatory

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go a little obscure with this one, but I like Enker's Mirror Buster.
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Buster

Essentially, created a forcefield that'd reflect projectiles back at the attacker... it was pretty fun killing Met-hats since you just run up to them and let them kill themselves.

Dudemaster47

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, the Mirror Buster came in handy in Strike Man's stage with the locker enemies. Murdered the heck outta em.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ugh I have so many favorite weapons!

Let's see.... (I'm going to name them as robot masters, because I can't recall their names too much)

Blade Man, I just love how the middle sword deals twice the damage.
Nitro Man: Because riding them up walls is FREAKING FUN!
Jewel Man: The jewel shield is perhaps the most broken form of shield ever made. And I love it!
Magnet Man: The magnet missiles were always my favorite as a kid, too bad they run out so soon. :(
Metal Man: The metal blades of doom. I haven't met a single person who doesn't like them.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Has anybody played Megaman's Soccer?

I did waaay back. Had a lot of fun with it when I knew how it worked.

When I tried to play it again recently... eh, should have honored its memory and left it alone. :,( But then again, I just plain suck at soccer games.

I think the only (classic) Mega Man game I haven't played is a sort of RPG which only came out in China. (Yeah, not even Korea, the home for obscure (and almost every other) MMOs, CHINA).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah, I wish there was more depth to it other than scoring using Mega Strikes.
Well, there are other ways to score, but it gets blunt.

But it is sorta fun. and the Mega Strikes are gimmicky Eye Candy.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
My dream Mega Man Soccer sequel is one that uses the original Mario Strikers engine. That game has fun, frantic soccer action AND a power shot system that makes sense! Give it a slew of playable Robot Masters and cool Mega Man music and... oh man!

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The japanese put so much heart into stuff like this.
Gotta love 'em.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
My favorite weapons are the Mega Ball and the Tornado Hold. The Mega Ball is reliable for getting a few hard to reach enemies due its ricochet effect. Tornado Hold multi hits and Tornados are awesome (in fiction)! Both double as double jumps, both are from the same game, and both are featured in MvC. So yeah...

As for Megaman Soccer, I played it once long ago. Interestingly, until that point, every Megaman game I had played had been a rental (except MM2 and MMII) without an intruction manual and I had never gotten very far in a MM game (except MM2 and MMII again), so MM Soccer was actually the first time I had ever seen Roll.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
1 - Rolling Cutter
2 - Metal Blade (like anyone would pick anything else)
3 - Hard Knuckle
4 - Flash Stopper
5 - Gravity Hold
6 - Flame Blast
7 - Thunder Bolt
8 - Flash Bomb
Bass - Ice Wall
9 - Jewel Satellite
10 - Solar Blaze

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Fire Storm
Metal Blade
Shadow Blade
Pharoh Shot
Charge Kick
Break Dash
Silver Tomahawk
Noise Crush
Tornado Hold
Remote Mine
Gravity Bomb
Triple Blade

In that order, sorry if names are wrong, can't remember and to lazy to double check on my phone LOL.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm gonna go a little obscure with this one, but I like Enker's Mirror Buster.
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mirror_Buster

Essentially, created a forcefield that'd reflect projectiles back at the attacker... it was pretty fun killing Met-hats since you just run up to them and let them kill themselves.
Not terribly obscure anymore, since it came back in Mega Man 10, but still a great choice. As for me, undecided, unless you count Rush Jet as a weapon.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Not terribly obscure anymore, since it came back in Mega Man 10, but still a great choice. As for me, undecided, unless you count Rush Jet as a weapon.

WHAT? Man, stuff that shiz, now that it's gone mainstream it's not longer cool. /hipster

(I've looked it up now... cool that they brought back the Mega Man Killers.)

I also really enjoyed the Super Adaptor. It kind of became hard to use any other power after I unlocked it, since the added mobility was so great and shooting homing fist missiles is obviously the best.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Worst and best Robot Master Designs?

<!> Feel free to post a picture.

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Who is the best visually designed Robot Master?
(Not necessarily your favourite)

<!> Also, feel free to post a picture.

Plug Man..................... Nah, just kidding.

Air Man looks good though.
And he looks logical. Not overdone nor underdone.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
WHAT? Man, stuff that shiz, now that it's gone mainstream it's not longer cool. /hipster

(I've looked it up now... cool that they brought back the Mega Man Killers.)
Those levels were so hard too. It took me many tries before I managed to beat all three of them (getting past the first one was the hardest though, since I had to use the Mega Buster).

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, let's make it 'worst and best designs' ;

Worst:

Best:

Ring Man is badass.
Wonderful design and Color Palette.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Worst and best Robot Master Designs?

<!> Feel free to post a picture.
The best is Splash Woman! :troll:

Also Tenguman and Freezeman. Design is part of why they're my favorites.

As for worst, Woodman. There is so many things wrong with being a robot made of wood. >.>

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ok, let's make it 'worst and best designs' ;

Worst:
Best:

Ring Man is badass.
Wonderful design and Color Palette.
Invert these and you have my answer. How can anyone hate Sheep Man?

On a obligatory note, not sure who my least favorite is. I like all of them in some quirky-yet-lovable-way.

Favorite is obviously this (still haven't found the sig, but it was based off of this):

Splash Woman.png

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To me Bombman always struck me as the WEIRDEST designed robot.

I don't know... maybe it's the duck-face.

As for my favorite.... After a long selection process, I narrowed it down to Air Man, Pharaoh Man, and Magnet Man.... but truth of the matter is...

Magnet Man is by far my favorite Robot Master design. And not only do I find his design to be really cool looking, but his weapon is one of my favorites in the series. And he has a magnet barrier too. Need I say more?

If they ever make a magnetic-inspired robot master again, it would be awesome to have his magnet barrier suck other robots and turning them into a shield.

I have no complaints about the chosen weapons for Mega Man in SSB4, but I'd easily take Magnet Missile for a Tilt+B over Crash Bomb. :D

----

This song is actually relevant to Mega Man. :p

Sigh.... I wish JAM Project would return to South America someday. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

BTW, needs more Megaman teleport sound effect immediately after the song stops at the end. :) That would've made me nerdplode right here, right now.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
[collapse=worst]
[/collapse]
[collapse=best]
[/collapse]

BTW, needs more Megaman teleport sound effect immediately after the song stops at the end. :) That would've made me nerdplode right here, right now.
Lol yeah. It would be nice to have more references.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

It's weird that despite these guys being the weirdest designs for Robot Masters (Rockman & Forte 2, with robots based on household appliances.... hmmm I swear Roll should have been the main character in this game...) they still look better than Bombman. XD

But they are all runner ups for worst designs, if you ask me. Except Quint/Shadow Mega Man in the front. He's awesome.

Top Bottom