• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Whatever happened to that utilt kill% list? Looked for it this morning and I'm coming up empty.

Greward

Smash Lord
@ Locke 06 Locke 06 lightweights can die since 75% (pikachu and the likes), midweights go from 85% to 90%, and heavies are around 100%. With rage it's usually one tier less. (aka killing pikachu at 60%, Pit at 75%~~ and that).

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Yeah, I have a rough idea. I know Jiggs dies at 63% and Dedede dies at 107% or something like that with no rage, and those are the extremes. I just liked having specific numbers to go off of to look at.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I know I killed my friend who was playing Mewtwo on Halberd at like 61% without rage with Mega Man's up tilt. Well at least I think there was no rage because if I recall correctly it starts at 40% and I was only at around 30%.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, Mighty No. 9 is getting a physical release after all. I thought it was digital only.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
After reading the White Halloween thread, I feel like unlocking Ice Slasher and giving it a chance. I used it for the first time in Friendlies a few weeks ago against a Sheik, and I had a love-hate relationship with it. On one hand, I disliked how slow it is compared to crash bomb and its measly 4% damage, and I missed out on a lot of mindgame potential. But I do love that it pops up opponents for stage control (which is pretty valuable to me) and allows Uair juggles or landing traps, and unlikevthe other two sidebs it actually does shield damage and knockback. Definitely gonna take it to the lab.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So, Mighty No. 9 is getting a physical release after all. I thought it was digital only.
Which is good to hear. I'd prefer a physical copy of a game when possible.

Now if only Capcom would re-release a MM9/10 completion for this new console generation...

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hello! Any of you Megaman fans know which set of customs would fit Mii Gunner best to cosplay as Protoman?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hello! Any of you Megaman fans know which set of customs would fit Mii Gunner best to cosplay as Protoman?
Not too sure. But I'd personally would go for this.

Charge Shot
Reflector
Missile
Rocket Jump

Saltix

Smash Lord
For some reason I cannot find a GIF of Megaman Sliding. 8-Bit or from Wii U... Can anyone help me out?

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Customs Tournament yesterday 7th place out of 43 people and it was so much fun as I didn't get to play the game for the rest of the week. With Mega Man, I was able to beat one of my states PR members (a really good :4marth: who's #3) in a friendlies match, and I previously beat another PR :4yoshi: (#8) at MVG Sandstorm in pools. With The Blue Bomber I've beaten at least 2/10 of our PR and if I can keep it up, maybe I'll make it on there!

My pointer finger hurts from pressing the shield button a lot though on the GC controller... ouch.... :scared:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Guys, I know this has nothing to do here, but I found this on Youtube and now I want to go on the Link boards and post it while saying : "THE GROOSE 'S GROOVES MUST GO LOSE !"
...someone stop me please T.T

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
I'm definitely not going to stop you. :p

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
For any fan of the Mega Man franchise, I bring dreadful news... assuming its even real:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-promises-new-mega-man-game-within-next-25-years/
http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-una...in-smash-bros/comment-page-1/#comment-1345620

Mobile Gaming Becoming the Future of this Franchise?
The dude not having played a classic game before? And never will?
Capcom unable to recognize like 4/5 of its own goddamn characters? Letting Sakurai do whatever he wants and admitting they clearly aren't using them? Literally asking him "How's the next Rockman game coming along?"

What the heck am I reading? I'm not so sure I trust these articles to be honest (especially considering they're both from the same website, and I haven't heard either story elsewhere), I know Capcom has gone downhill but I doubt even they would be this dumb. to say this. But if this is true, I don't even know Capcom anymore....

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
For any fan of the Mega Man franchise, I bring dreadful news... assuming its even real:
http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-promises-new-mega-man-game-within-next-25-years/
http://www.p4rgaming.com/capcom-una...in-smash-bros/comment-page-1/#comment-1345620

Capcom unable to recognize like 4/5 of its own goddamn characters? Letting Sakurai do whatever he wants and admitting they clearly aren't using them? Literally asking him "How's the next Rockman game coming along?"

What the heck am I reading? I'm not so sure I trust these articles to be honest (especially considering they're both from the same website, and I haven't heard either story elsewhere), I know Capcom has gone downhill but I doubt even they would be this dumb. to say this. But if this is true, I don't even know Capcom anymore....
While I do think Capcom doesn't care about the Megaman series that much right now, I think you didn't look at the good website. I mean, Capcom did make a poll to know what game the fans would like to see on the Virtual Console.
Plus, take a look at the other news on the site XD

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

That's definitely a joke site. I remember people posting links related to BS Sakurai articles.

Though to be honest, nothing on that site is funny.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
So about this Mega Man skype group that I've been hearing about... anyone mind letting me in? I promise I won't just lurk :3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

P4rgaming is a joke website. You don't need to worry too much. Though admittedly, it's not even that entertaining to me either.

Anyways, I've been playing Mega Man X5. For the most part I do like it. Though I've got two major problems with it. 1) Alia constantly annoying you and bringing gameplay to a halt. It's as bad as everyone made it out to be. And 2) The Shadow Devil, it's an annoying boss, like, way more annoying than any of Sigma's forms.

That said, I had a lot of fun playing through the stages a second time once the tutorial stuff was no longer in my way and I could just Jump, Shoot and Dash like we were meant to do.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Anyways, I've been playing Mega Man X5. For the most part I do like it. Though I've got two major problems with it. 1) Alia constantly annoying you and bringing gameplay to a halt. It's as bad as everyone made it out to be. And 2) The Shadow Devil, it's an annoying boss, like, way more annoying than any of Sigma's forms.
X6 did it a bit better, you had to manually contact Alia. As for the Shadow Devil, I never thought it was that annoying of a boss once I had its patterns down, though it is a bit harder to deal with when using Zero. If anything, I hated the stage itself, with its annoying as crap insta-kill lasers that required precise use of Dark Hold otherwise you were screwed. When I first met Rangda Bangda W, it was the boss I hated, because who the hell knew that spikes would come out of the walls? And in a random pattern to boot? Though having Falcon X kinda makes it a non-issue....
That said, I had a lot of fun playing through the stages a second time once the tutorial stuff was no longer in my way and I could just Jump, Shoot and Dash like we were meant to do.
Eh, they never bothered me that much, I just button mashed those messages.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
X6 did it a bit better, you had to manually contact Alia. As for the Shadow Devil, I never thought it was that annoying of a boss once I had its patterns down, though it is a bit harder to deal with when using Zero. If anything, I hated the stage itself, with its annoying as crap insta-kill lasers that required precise use of Dark Hold otherwise you were screwed. When I first met Rangda Bangda W, it was the boss I hated, because who the hell knew that spikes would come out of the walls? And in a random pattern to boot? Though having Falcon X kinda makes it a non-issue....

Eh, they never bothered me that much, I just button mashed those messages.
Good to know they have to actually be activated in MMX6. I just button mash the tutorials too. But some times it just messes with Gameplay flow for me. I could probably beat the Shadow Devil, but I would have to tough it out.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
And 2) The Shadow Devil, it's an annoying boss, like, way more annoying than any of Sigma's forms.
Imagine the **** in Smash instead of the Yellow Devil. shadow.png

Shadow Devil just demands a lot of patience and two full subtanks. I would say Rangda Bangda W is harder, but the Gaea Armor exists.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Imagine the **** in Smash instead of the Yellow Devil. View attachment 51063
Bring it.:shades:

Shadow Devil just demands a lot of patience and two full subtanks. I would say Rangda Bangda W is harder, but the Gaea Armor exists.
Or you could just, you know, git gud so you don't waste those subtanks.:troll:

Joking aside, the Shadow Devil can be hard for any first timer, I can attest to that. But after a while of identifying its patterns it can become pretty trivial. And Gaea Armor is pretty OP at times....and pretty weird. It's so heavy its dashes are slow as crap but it can stick to walls and climb ladders like nobody's business. Go figure.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Or you could just, you know, git gud so you don't waste those subtanks.:troll:

Joking aside, the Shadow Devil can be hard for any first timer, I can attest to that. But after a while of identifying its patterns it can become pretty trivial. And Gaea Armor is pretty OP at times....and pretty weird. It's so heavy its dashes are slow as crap but it can stick to walls and climb ladders like nobody's business. Go figure.
Even when identifying it's so called patterns, it's still confusing because whatever you think the Shadow Devil can do can(and will) screw you over at times, and is also why the subtanks are helpful. Only the Wily Machine's patterns are truly recognizable and easy to dodge because it's the slowest, most telegraphed jumps ever.

The Gaea armor still only saves you from spike based platforming. Everything else is fair game.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Even when identifying it's so called patterns, it's still confusing because whatever you think the Shadow Devil can do can(and will) screw you over at times, and is also why the subtanks are helpful. Only the Wily Machine's patterns are truly recognizable and easy to dodge because it's the slowest, most telegraphed jumps ever.

The Gaea armor still only saves you from spike based platforming. Everything else is fair game.
The hardest part of the battle is probably the double wall split attack, which can give any experienced player a hard time, unless said player has super awesome reaction times(which I don't). At most I'll use 1 subtank on an average run. Other than that, the Shadow Devil isn't that much of a hard boss, well, at least not to me.

Yeah, there are some jumps the Gaea Armor can't make, like the path to the final fight.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I was already hyped for E3, but Nintendo sold it for me.
How am I supposed to finish my Finals properly now :cry:

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I was already hyped for E3, but Nintendo sold it for me.
How am I supposed to finish my Finals properly now :cry:
Nintendo's greatness is all you ever need to know.:troll:

But yeah, I'm excited for whatever they've got planned for us as well. Anything in particular you're looking forward to?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
Nintendo's greatness is all you ever need to know.:troll:

But yeah, I'm excited for whatever they've got planned for us as well. Anything in particular you're looking forward to?
Well, Starfox and Zelda, of course. These things have been hanging around us for 2 years by now, taunting us with tasteless news. C'mon now Nintendo, show us what these babies are made of already !:mad:

On another note, I'd like them to bring up some more unknown old games on the Virtual console, and to bring Nintendoji on the EShop worldwide. I really want to know what that game is...

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Well, Starfox and Zelda, of course. These things have been hanging around us for 2 years by now, taunting us with tasteless news. C'mon now Nintendo, show us what these babies are made of already !:mad:

On another note, I'd like them to bring up some more unknown old games on the Virtual console, and to bring Nintendoji on the EShop worldwide. I really want to know what that game is...
I'm hoping that we'll see at least a bit of footage of whatever Starfox U is going to be like in their Digital Event. Too bad that we won't see what's going on with Zelda U, as Nintendo stated already that it wouldn't be one of the highlighted games at the event. I guess they're too deep in development to showcase anything. For me, one of the most important things is an ETA on the western release of Xenoblade X, which is currently my most anticipated game in the Nintendo lineup.

Of course, no Digital Event is complete without a bit of Smash goodness. I know we're all awaiting :4lucas: at the moment, but one can always hope for something unexpected. Maybe even more future DLC? I mean, Nintendo must have put that ballot up for a reason, right?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My most anticipating games this year are Star Fox Wii U and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Don't know if they'll reveal anything Smash related DLC since Lucas is on the way. One can only imagine what sort of surprises Nintendo will have in store for E3 this year.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hi! Big fan of the Blue Bomber but never went to this thread oddly enough. I'm pretty decent with him though I haven't played as him in a long time as most matches I fight have at least 4 people. I remembered this place existed after having an urge for Metal Man's theme

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mega Man is my second most used fighter in the game (behind Rosalina, of course) and he sure is a hell of a fun character to play as, just like Rosalina. I'm also pretty decent with him and I am working on trying to improve my skills with him.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man's my main, no doubt about that. I'm not the best player around, but I did manage to get decent with him. Still, I've been outta practice for a while in Smash. Mostly, busy with other stuff. And what other games I do play, I tend to play newer games I bought.

But I hope I can get a lot of good practice in soon.

Top Bottom