• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay, to be more serious, Mega Man X and Protoman's Mii costumes are hype as ****. I'll actually make some Mii's now. I wonder if X with a sword will have a Z-Saber like in X3 and X6.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Okay, to be more serious, Mega Man X and Protoman's Mii costumes are hype as ****. I'll actually make some Mii's now. I wonder if X with a sword will have a Z-Saber like in X3 and X6.
Still hoping for some dlc costumes for the actual fighters tho. At least some new colors. Come on, i want a pink Megaman to go with C. Falcon in doubles!

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
So did anybody else vote for X in the Smash ballot?
Not really, still thinking on who to vote, but i don't think i would vote X or Zero. I mean, X will be Mii's costume and Zero is in too many games already.
Thinking about voting for Bass.

Also, anyone else expecting millions of people to vote for an anime characters?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So did anybody else vote for X in the Smash ballot?
I would, but it's fairly unlikely. What with the Mii costume and that Capcom has other icons, like Phoenix Wright or Viewtiful Joe.

Though no Street Fighter character would be added, due to already being in a fighting game.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Just want to point out that they went through the hassle of making Proto Man a costume for Mii Gunner instead of Mega Man.

K.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I would, but it's fairly unlikely. What with the Mii costume and that Capcom has other icons, like Phoenix Wright or Viewtiful Joe.

Though no Street Fighter character would be added, due to already being in a fighting game.
I think the Mii costume made me want X even more, honestly. I can't be the only one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the Mii costume made me want X even more, honestly. I can't be the only one.
Don't get me wrong. I'd gladly main MMX if he were EVER in any fighting game. And that costume did make me hype, like super hype. But I just have low expectations for any third party. That's why I didn't even vote for Snake.

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
With the upcoming balance patch, I think it's time for Mega Man to shine. He's unlikely to get nerfed (nor buffed, either) and most characters above him in the tier list will probably get toned down.

Voted King K.Rool, although I'd love to see Porky but I think it's highly unlikely to see him appearing as a DLC.

Drippy

Smash Ace
With the upcoming balance patch, I think it's time for Mega Man to shine. He's unlikely to get nerfed (nor buffed, either) and most characters above him in the tier list will probably get toned down.

Voted King K.Rool, although I'd love to see Porky but I think it's highly unlikely to see him appearing as a DLC.
Yup I'm so excited to see the top tiers getting nerfed!
And I voted for Kumatora, I'd like to see how Porky would function in the game though if he was implemented.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
I don't know man... lets not forget that some evil mind in the patch team decided that Little Mac's side B on the air had to be nerfed, alongisde Dedede's gordos.
I pray for our super fighting robot...

Greward

Smash Lord
I don't think any mother character has a chance now that Lucas has been confirmed.
I'm in for Kumatora, although I don't know which moveset she would have.

Nah they won't nerf Rock. Although imo he's good enough to be nerfed if they nerf ~15 characters. Little mac and DDD were said to be very powerful at early days and that's why they were nerfed imo.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Will be interesting to see if they tweak mega. They nerfed bowser Jr's dthrow for no tangible reason so.....

Mac is still ridiculously strong IMO. A pain to fight with most characters if you don't platform camp.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I don't think any mother character has a chance now that Lucas has been confirmed.
I'm in for Kumatora, although I don't know which moveset she would have.

Nah they won't nerf Rock. Although imo he's good enough to be nerfed if they nerf ~15 characters. Little mac and DDD were said to be very powerful at early days and that's why they were nerfed imo.
Yeah as much as I like Kumatora, idk how she'd work because they basically just ripped off her PK skills and give it to Lucas (and Paula in Ness's case) including she uses gloves to fight too making me wonder even more but I'd like to see what Nintendo could think of without making it a blatant clone

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm hoping Mega Man can get buffed. Though honestly, the best games are the ones where every character is really good. I'd like for the Charge Shot and Metal Blade to go a bit further. Other than that, his Down-Smash being faster would be nice. That's really the only things I'd change.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm hoping Mega Man can get buffed. Though honestly, the best games are the ones where every character is really good. I'd like for the Charge Shot and Metal Blade to go a bit further. Other than that, his Down-Smash being faster would be nice. That's really the only things I'd change.
I don't know, I feel Megaman is fine as he is and I don't think his D-Smash being faster would be good considering how early it KOs. At most minor buffs like I don't know, a extra 1% on his Leaf Shield per leaf or something would be nice but nothing over the top.

PF9

Smash Lord
Fun fact. Mega Man is one of two Smashers to appear in both a Western animated series (a 1990s show produced by Ruby-Spears albeit with some participation from Japanese companies) and a full-on anime (in the 2000s (decade)), the other being Sonic.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I voted for Zero (specifically from the Zero series). I think incorporating all his different weaponry could be very interesting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I voted for Zero (specifically from the Zero series). I think incorporating all his different weaponry could be very interesting.
Yeah, I could see that being fun. Mostly the Chain blade and Boomerang shield. Though I always preferred his MMX-Series incarnation. I like the design a lot more, I guess. But even then, I'm more fond of Mega Man X himself, who unlike Classic, Both Zeros, EXE, and Volnutt, hasn't been in a fighting game yet.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh no I feel you haha. I prefer X to the Zero series, but when I think of trying to incorporate an interesting design choice from somewhere in Mega's long history I'd probably jump on Zero from the Zero series. So many options.

If we got another Capcom rep I'd be happy either way, no complaints!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh no I feel you haha. I prefer X to the Zero series, but when I think of trying to incorporate an interesting design choice from somewhere in Mega's long history I'd probably jump on Zero from the Zero series. So many options.

If we got another Capcom rep I'd be happy either way, no complaints!
Outside of Mega Man characters, there's a couple of solid choices. If you ask me, the true answer is Viewtiful Joe. He's got a ton of cool moves, they lend themselves well to a fighter. Though it ain't gonna happen.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Of course, THAT Zero.
I like him WAY more than MMX Zero, mostly because he's not as mainstream, but I also feel he is a better character (MMX's is mostly liked because "he looks cool", that claim was made with actual research backing it up).

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
Of course, THAT Zero.
I like him WAY more than MMX Zero, mostly because he's not as mainstream, but I also feel he is a better character (MMX's is mostly liked because "he looks cool", that claim was made with actual research backing it up).
I agree, and i think that Zero form the gba games would be more acceptable, considering he was only in a nintendo system.
Also yeah, that's what i usually get when i ask people why is the Zero from the X series better, "he looks cooler".

Last edited:

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
YEAAAAAA
I made into that tournament I was talking about earlier. I got REKT pretty hard, but it still felt soooo good to finally have LAGLESS MATCHES with people you can interact with. We had the Smashboards EVO custom sets, so it did feel a bit clunky for me (not used to 'em yet :p).
I now can attest that a good use of Skull Barrier can essentially shut down Villager, and that The MM/WFT team is just fun as heck to play. And I'm dead serious on the team stuff.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I would definitely use the Protoman and Mega Man X DLC costumes a lot but there's just one problem with that...I don't play as the Mii Fighters.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I agree, and i think that Zero form the gba games would be more acceptable, considering he was only in a nintendo system.
Also yeah, that's what i usually get when i ask people why is the Zero from the X series better, "he looks cooler".
While I do like the MMX series Zero more, design is only one aspect. The Zero series version does have some cool weapons up his sleeves too. As a character, I would say that Zero in his MMX incarnation is less "brooding badass" and more "in-your-face badass" which is what I prefer. Still, I prefer Mega Man and Mega Man X over either of Zero's incarnations.

He's got hype armors and Nova Strikes. That's why.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
While I do like the MMX series Zero more, design is only one aspect. The Zero series version does have some cool weapons up his sleeves too. As a character, I would say that Zero in his MMX incarnation is less "brooding badass" and more "in-your-face badass" which is what I prefer.
I'd say it's more the other way around, MMX Zero, especially from MMX 4 onwards, felt more brooding,
particularly since he finds himself guilty of a lot of things, like the death of Iris or carrying a virus.
Whereas in Megaman Zero he had amnesia, and even when he did get it back the things that bothered him back in X series
were mostly left behind. If anything, it's his artwork that makes him look brooding. The worst he got was coldly telling
Ciel to be quiet while on a mission, and maybe bluntly telling off the residents of Area Zero. He's kind of like Ike that way.

And Command Mission Zero, at least for a little while, was probably the nastiest he's ever been.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd say it's more the other way around, MMX Zero, especially from MMX 4 onwards, felt more brooding,
particularly since he finds himself guilty of a lot of things, like the death of Iris or carrying a virus.
Whereas in Megaman Zero he had amnesia, and even when he did get it back the things that bothered him back in X series
were mostly left behind. If anything, it's his artwork that makes him look brooding. The worst he got was coldly telling
Ciel to be quiet while on a mission, and maybe bluntly telling off the residents of Area Zero. He's kind of like Ike that way.

And Command Mission Zero, at least for a little while, was probably the nastiest he's ever been.
Yeah, in Command Mission, he's kind of jerk for a while. But I remember him being pretty cool in X8. I did like how MMX and Axl acted in Command Mission though.

Speaking of that game, Marino and Scarface were pretty cool. A kind of wish we have more rival characters like Scarface in Mega Man games(or perhaps in general). Though I'm sure there's some I'm not thinking of. He actively goes against you, but not in an overly antagonistic way. He knew he had to take down Mega Man X, but he respected him as a fighter. Botos was just an asshole.

Crescent_Sun

Smash Apprentice
I didn't want to start a thread for this, and after doing some reading around these topics as well as having watched a lot of videos on Mega Man I'm wondering what fundamentals you all think are most important for Mega Man players to practice first. This can be bread and butter combos like down throw to fair or diagonal metal blade into up tilt. What sets of moves do you find yourself stringing together most often?

I'm also quite curious how you handle said techniques with custom moves. I alternate between 1311, 1321, and 3323.

Sorichuudo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1977-1410-9227
To be fair, he did thank Ciel at the end of the game and with his speech at the end of the 4th game, he definitely grew as a character(like one person on youtube said, he finally knew what he was fighting FOOOOOOOOR) so ignoring that is kind of a disservice to the Zero series. Also thoses resident of Area Zero kinda deserved it...

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Figured I'd go to the social threads and post my silhouettes!

Top Bottom