• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken IC technique

The Truth!

Smash Ace

Uffe

Smash Hero
Pretty good find there. Someone left a comment saying that this was old. However, even if it is, nobody ever really shared the information with us. Just like that other guy said. So it makes me wonder. Become one and possibly broken or stick with the old CG? I've got a question. Is only exclusive for Pikachu to activate this or are you still testing that out as well?

The Truth!

Smash Ace
Oh this isnt me XD. The thread explains it better. I just posted this here so people would know. Im not sure who can activate it, they used falco to do it too and it sounds like its multiple characters. But dont credit me with this =P. Anyways, this may or may not turn out to be practical.

I tried searching a few things but I wasnt sure how to find a topic like this if it already existed.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd be willing to bet that this has something to do with the two "fusing" together during the squall hammer animation. Nana gets hit during a couple of the initial startup frames where they fuse. At the same time the attack desynchs Nana from Popo, but the "fused" state remains.

Take note that the two ICs would have locked squall hammers had the jolt not hit.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
I'd be willing to bet that this has something to do with the two "fusing" together during the squall hammer animation. Nana gets hit during a couple of the initial startup frames where they fuse. At the same time the attack desynchs Nana from Popo, but the "fused" state remains.

Take note that the two ICs would have locked squall hammers had the jolt not hit.
I bet that's the case too.

Like for DK's extended SA frames on his upB when used quickly on a slope. I forget how and where it was explained, but pretty much there are a bunch of triggers for the SA frames, like when going from grounded upB to aerial upB from off the stage or platform the SA frames are triggered off eventually. Or when you go from aerial upB and land the SA frames are triggered off at one point. But when you hit a slope during the SA frames there is no trigger to turn it off, so the SA frames last during the rest of the upB. So in this case maybe when they get synched together during the sideB and Nana gets hit it doesn't let the automatic desynch trigger happen until you manually do it. Just a guess.

The Truth!

Smash Ace
it is old I remember seeing a video about the same thing around a year ago
I really dont think so. Dont just say this, actually find a thread or a video.

DanGR thats a really good explanation XD, better one then Ive read anywhere else.

BadAxel97

Smash Apprentice
If this could be easily turned on and off, then I believe that the Ice Climbers would reach a new height of metagame unseen by the world!
The possibilities are endless!

(we must harness this power for good.)
(I'll do some research.)

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
This looks pretty cool, but the loss of chaingrabs makes it impractical.

I wanna try this though XD

humble

Smash Ace
This is impractical because it requires your opponent to hit you on a very specific frame window, and so even if they could CG in this mode, it still would not be of any use.

Prawn

Smash Master
Lol at everyone saying this is useless.

It's so un-useless that it's going to be banned.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Well, to answer Uffe's question the fusion apparently has something to do with electric element attacks and the Squall Hammer. I read all this at like 2-3 AM so forgive me if I'm wrong =/

I like this technique and I can't wait to see a match where I actually get the fusion going.

Too bad it's situational.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
How situational is it really if the requirement is Nana gets hit and Popo doesn't so you squall? I mean, people are trying to separate them anyways. Just a speculative point. I'm not saying it's avoidably broken. I think they figured out it happens to elective attacks so it's not that useful but it's one of those things I can imagine happening against pikachu, samus(zair?), falco(lasers?), maybe a few others. So I mean, it's not USELESS. It's just a bit match-up dependent.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Didn't I mention it has to be electrical element or something?

Plus it's to do with 1 FRAME.

It's very situational.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Hmmm, situational? Yes. Useful? Maybe. But it's still something interesting and weird. Nice find btw.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Why is nobody mentioning the obvious?

Doubles.

Practice with a partner to deliberately activate it at the start of each IC stock. Then do mad-broken stuff for the win.

Top Bottom