• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BRITAIN NEEDS YOU! ROS4 , Sweden July 3rd -6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
It'll take you longer than a year to get to their level yknow.
Sounds like a john to me son.In just over a year Amsah was best in Europe.

And Charles topped both his pools lol.

Anyway I had a great time,except for the last night which was a complete ****ing nightmare.Maybe I'll do shoutouts but I doubt it really,but to all the brits-it was a great time and I'm glad you could all make it.

And TY Billio

Kone

Smash Master
Chris -Though I travel to smash tournaments for the smash I also do so on account of knowing that I get to spend time with other like minded players that don't want to spend their time in a stinking ****ing hall 24 hours for 4 days. Yes, this does involve drinking with them. Its a sociable outlet. The last night when the brits and french go together for a few beers was one of the best bits of the tournament. Id also like opoint out we didnt just drnk, theres was a good bit of mini golf aswell and sightseeing.

My complaints arent directed at the tournament for ousing. Im used to that and understand as a tournament host how hard it is to deal with alot of people and their sleeping habits. I also understand how hard it is to run a tournament while ill. Im not blaming you for that. But Iam blamingyou for running such a shoddy show. There is NO WAY single should continu at 11.30pm, regardless whether I may or may not have had a drink. I wouldnt have returned if id been called back when we were mini golfing. If I told the brits at a local tourney to continue serious matches at midnight there would be a major uproar.

I know that I could run ros4 better than you did. If you cant do it alone, get a team. Not ek,svampen,alex,dude who arent vocal and arent really on our wavelength.

It also doesnt take more than a second to be polite, regardless if your the host or not. If I was rude constantly to the UK players while at my tournaments they wouldnt come back. Heck, I may have been in the past but f they challenged me about it Id apologise. Not be a **** about it. People have travelled, los sleep and paid money. Bit of manners goes alon way.

Yes, ou can complain about my drunkness. I apologise for first night noise and piano. But hand on heart I put ever beer of mine in the bin and in the morning any beer that 'could' be mine. Not the brands that I KNOW i didnt buy. For any noise the other nights I know that wasnt me. I stayed out till past 2am and went to bed straight away. There were other nationalities louder.

My point is get your act sorted man. I dont think itd take much. Or just dont run aonother ros :/

Ill try sort out a large london tourney and co-host it with chrles (if hes happy with that) As id love to prove you how to do it right.

Ed x

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Sounds like a john to me son.In just over a year Amsah was best in Europe.
Pretty much was a john son, Good point stating me completely wrong with the Amsah thing, I never considered him at the time, yet I read alot about him before ROS4 whilst watching Ros3 matches, :p.

I shouldn't probably post this but I don't a really good reason why not to, probably cause' it could be classed as a conversation when I'm just saying your right >.>

golfball

Smash Apprentice
manchester, or 30 mins away.. lol bagels are made
If Kone and charlie co hosted with a bit of help from other brits to keep going, i think we could so get an awesome tournament going!

Ed dude, your so honest, and just say what you think, i totally respect you for that, and imo i dont think helios can stand up to that, anyway english smashers, we all gotta step it up! Or i will win next tourny (lol)

i did enjoy sweden alot, im looking forward to ar2 now :D

english shoutouts : it was a breath of fresh air just seeing brits when i was around 'some' foregiers. Tho tbh the french were awesome, as were alot of the norweigans

Rofllmao, i cant wait to get the footage of crew matches up, that was piss funny, norways trash talkdidnt know what hit it,

Charles! 'If thats the best jigglypuff your country has got, you should be ashamed of your country!' haha dude that was a legend piece of trash talk

Stb in general : was good seeing you guys, not really spoken to alot of you before, but i have now, jam is sexy, dan wants to eat my face, ed is awesome, get bigman and every1 to next one :D

frost and k-man.. you baack in england ?

Mr P

Smash Ace
Basically the UK got piped and i didnt expect a lot else really, we still have a loooonnnggg ways to go.

I hope it's a wake up call to a lot of players.

Oh and another thing i noticed is that a lot of you guys take your friendlies way too seriously, you put way too much ego into them when you shouldn't be focusing on trying to win but just play your best and learn what you can. Quite a few of you just spent a lot of time playing eachother too, there were 120 other plays in the venue i dont know why you'd travel to sweden just to play eachother ?!

DevMBC

Smash Ace
Oh and another thing i noticed is that a lot of you guys take your friendlies way too seriously, you put way too much ego into them when you shouldn't be focusing on trying to win but just play your best and learn what you can.
Mad true but regardless yo;

ME AN ED BEAT FAAB AN AMSAH IN A DOUBLES SET 2-1!! Yeaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ed - I'm well aware some things went really wrong, but there were just too many things which I could do nothing about. I was doing three people's jobs at once, when really I should've just been in bed all day. Looking back I see how stupid this was, but at that time none of the staff members were taking that extra bit of responsibility to make sure everything kept going.

This is something we'll be discussing for future events, and I wish you the best of luck for your London tourney. Now you've had sct4 and I've had ros4, so let's make sure both of our future tourneys don't look anything like the previous ones ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom