• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 10%
4th Place: 5%

This doesn't make any sense, paying top 4 is already ******** enough. Either make this top 5 or make the payment like this.
1st place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%

If I were you I would pay top 3 if not a lot of people show up and top 5 if there's alot of people paying more positions after that is useless we aren't going to be 100+. So the payment should be like this.

Top 3(Not a lot of people show up)
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Top 5(Lots of people show up)
1st 55%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

swordgard

Smash Hero
If entrants are 25 - 32, pay out top 4

1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 25%

This doesn't make any sense, paying top 4 is already ******** enough. Either make this top 5 or make the payment like this.
1st place: 55%
2nd Place: 30%

If I were you I would pay top 3 if not a lot of people show up and top 5 if there's alot of people paying more positions after that is useless we aren't going to be 100+. So the payment should be like this.

Top 3(Not a lot of people show up)
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Top 5(Lots of people show up)
1st 55%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 5%
5th 2.5%
5th 2.5%

Holys right, top 4 makes paying very awkward. Paying top 8 would be pretty much overkill for anything under 100 people.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
Also, I confirmed bringing Brawl+. 'Prolly not just gonna play vBrawl, but I am bringing Brawl+.

Just clearing this up for the OP.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Also, I confirmed bringing Brawl+. 'Prolly not just gonna play vBrawl, but I am bringing Brawl+.

Just clearing this up for the OP.
that's all good and whatnot but from what I understand you only have 1 wii (unless you have more), so you will have to choose which event you would like to commit it to. Brawl or Brawl+?

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna be meeting so many ppl!

I dunno what to do!

Who are you guys!?!
be friendly and ppl wont bite, and buy lots of food from the coffee time so i can get money to pay for university tuition. but yes, smash ppl are generally friendly and very approachable. street fighter ppl on the other hand, can be pretty scary. + if ppl are doing ******** **** let me know, i will have some sort of security to help kick ppl out if necessary. i want this event to run smoothly to ensure future events.

Iliad

Smash Lord
be friendly and ppl wont bite, and buy lots of food from the coffee time so i can get money to pay for university tuition. but yes, smash ppl are generally friendly and very approachable. street fighter ppl on the other hand, can be pretty scary. + if ppl are doing ******** **** let me know, i will have some sort of security to help kick ppl out if necessary. i want this event to run smoothly to ensure future events.
Consider hiring the troll / tasty for 'security'. No lies.

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
Confirm me, Feel bad for sleeping through Gi's tourney, Also confirm me for Security YEEE!!! Trollin' all day, can't kick myself out!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
wrong tin, i gotta know these ppl well first. they could help me kick ppl out though, and i'm sure that's the part that's most fun
alright, you can check out the troll the day of, and see if u like him.

Confirm me, Feel bad for sleeping through Gi's tourney, Also confirm me for Security YEEE!!! Trollin' all day, can't kick myself out!
LOL, bring akariss & kingace with you as well as some other people from sauga, and make sure u have room for setups in your car :p.

HAMnEGGS

Smash Apprentice
yo tin

i wont be able to go to the tourney. mainly because i have work every saturday. that means i get off around 3-4, and i'd only really be able to make it for like friendlies and wont be able to compete. not to mention it IS in markham.

because of work, i wont be able to go to many tourneys, if at all. i'll try to go to which ever ones i can though.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Yeah. You can confirm me. I want me some coffee!
k :bee:

yo tin

i wont be able to go to the tourney. mainly because i have work every saturday. that means i get off around 3-4, and i'd only really be able to make it for like friendlies and wont be able to compete. not to mention it IS in markham.

because of work, i wont be able to go to many tourneys, if at all. i'll try to go to which ever ones i can though.
k :crying:

Mr. TD

Smash Journeyman
Kingace, you can definitely come with me this time. Feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad about sleeping in last time only because I let you down. I let you down man. And it's not okay. So I got you this time. And tin, I'll bring Akariss, and I can bring a wii, IF you want. But no chance in a desolate breezy hell am I bringing a TV.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Kingace, you can definitely come with me this time. Feel reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad about sleeping in last time only because I let you down. I let you down man. And it's not okay. So I got you this time. And tin, I'll bring Akariss, and I can bring a wii, IF you want. But no chance in a desolate breezy hell am I bringing a TV.
alright, yes I want the Wii (with Brawl) & akariss. Can u confirm those for me?

Iliad

Smash Lord
if Troll brings a wii, I might be able to bring a TV depending on who I'm coming with. (I smashed the **** out of my Wii, so we'll go together like peas and carrots, or Gump and Jenny.)

Patches

Smash Master
Tin man, confirm that my girlfriend will be coming too. And she might even be playing, not quite sure yet. Just put her down as Patches' Girlfriend. :)

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
Alright.
Please go easy on me guys as this will be my first post in here.

I was a longtime Melee player so I'm not entirely new to the SSB world. By the standards here I'm probably a n00b at Brawl however.

I am very interested in the competitive video gaming scene (I play Starcraft/SC2 beta currently) and am looking to expand my horizons a little. I'm potentially interested in joining this tourney as it's relatively close to home.

My reasoning for this (aside from it sounding like good old-fashioned fun) is that I've always wanted to see how my SSB skills stack up against people who are either 'pros' or who have at least been playing long enough to apply all sorts of meta-game knowledge. I assume everyone (or almost everyone) who has already signed up for this tournament fits the bill. :)

I wouldn't mind if I lost first-round and just got to watch other people play for the rest of it, I would just like to get a feel for the scene, if you guys will have me. So that's the question I posit to you members of the tournament. Are you willing to have someone who is potentially underskilled (though I may not be, I don't know) join up and play with/against you? I do have every intention of paying. :)

Any response to this would be gladly appreciated. Questions regarding what I DO know/don't know, my gaming experience, etc. are welcomed.
Thanks for your time, all!

(P.S. If any Melee tourneys are ever going down in the area I'll gladly check those out and maybe actually do well. :D)

Patches

Smash Master
Alright.
Please go easy on me guys as this will be my first post in here.

I was a longtime Melee player so I'm not entirely new to the SSB world. By the standards here I'm probably a n00b at Brawl however.

I am very interested in the competitive video gaming scene (I play Starcraft/SC2 beta currently) and am looking to expand my horizons a little. I'm potentially interested in joining this tourney as it's relatively close to home.

My reasoning for this (aside from it sounding like good old-fashioned fun) is that I've always wanted to see how my SSB skills stack up against people who are either 'pros' or who have at least been playing long enough to apply all sorts of meta-game knowledge. I assume everyone (or almost everyone) who has already signed up for this tournament fits the bill. :)

I wouldn't mind if I lost first-round and just got to watch other people play for the rest of it, I would just like to get a feel for the scene, if you guys will have me. So that's the question I posit to you members of the tournament. Are you willing to have someone who is potentially underskilled (though I may not be, I don't know) join up and play with/against you? I do have every intention of paying. :)

Any response to this would be gladly appreciated. Questions regarding what I DO know/don't know, my gaming experience, etc. are welcomed.
Thanks for your time, all!

(P.S. If any Melee tourneys are ever going down in the area I'll gladly check those out and maybe actually do well. :D)
Its always nice to have a new face at tournaments. And no worries, whether you're the best, or the worst, you're always welcome. I'm not the best at this game, seeing how I havent been at a tournament since August at Iliad's, but I'd be more than happy to have some friendlies with you. Just hit me up at the tournament.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
This is my first tourney too. We're getting a lot of newbies showing up.

*preemptive edit* OMG NINJA'D

*Actual edit* Hooray, more friends!

Top Bottom