• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Same here.

I swear to God, though, if I encounter an Ice Climbers in the first match...

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
Alright.
Please go easy on me guys as this will be my first post in here.

I was a longtime Melee player so I'm not entirely new to the SSB world. By the standards here I'm probably a n00b at Brawl however.

I am very interested in the competitive video gaming scene (I play Starcraft/SC2 beta currently) and am looking to expand my horizons a little. I'm potentially interested in joining this tourney as it's relatively close to home.

My reasoning for this (aside from it sounding like good old-fashioned fun) is that I've always wanted to see how my SSB skills stack up against people who are either 'pros' or who have at least been playing long enough to apply all sorts of meta-game knowledge. I assume everyone (or almost everyone) who has already signed up for this tournament fits the bill. :)

I wouldn't mind if I lost first-round and just got to watch other people play for the rest of it, I would just like to get a feel for the scene, if you guys will have me. So that's the question I posit to you members of the tournament. Are you willing to have someone who is potentially underskilled (though I may not be, I don't know) join up and play with/against you? I do have every intention of paying. :)

Any response to this would be gladly appreciated. Questions regarding what I DO know/don't know, my gaming experience, etc. are welcomed.
Thanks for your time, all!

(P.S. If any Melee tourneys are ever going down in the area I'll gladly check those out and maybe actually do well. :D)
Tournaments are more of a learning experience for me than a way to win some cash. even if you're eliminated early, challenge people to casuals/friendlies(/money matches). find people who play the same characters as you and pick up stuff from them. from my experience w/ the brawl community, they create an exceptional learning environment, so if you go into the tournament with the right mindset, win or not, you'll get what you paid for (and i'm not just saying that because the venue fee's going to me :p). + there's still a RPS tournament you could have a fair chance of winning at.

oh and tin, update the OP. it's 2 tvs i'll have for sure at the venue (the finals one and the one already at the venue), and if i dont sell the one in london by the time my exams are over, i'll bring that too.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Its always nice to have a new face at tournaments. And no worries, whether you're the best, or the worst, you're always welcome. I'm not the best at this game, seeing how I havent been at a tournament since August at Iliad's, but I'd be more than happy to have some friendlies with you. Just hit me up at the tournament.
Alright, just remember, the only way ur wifey is getting a free donut/coffee is if she pays venue fee and enters 1 event that is not rps.

Put me down as a maybe.

Also, Ninja'd, Douhneill.
This is my first tourney too. We're getting a lot of newbies showing up.

*preemptive edit* OMG NINJA'D

*Actual edit* Hooray, more friends!
When you guys say Ninja'd, is that a verb, or is that the name of another friend of yours? I really can't tell.

oh and tin, update the OP. it's 2 tvs i'll have for sure at the venue (the finals one and the one already at the venue), and if i dont sell the one in london by the time my exams are over, i'll bring that too.
k

smashwarp

Smash Rookie
Consider me confirmed but just for Brawl+ I think.
I only want to lose that much cash, heh.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ALRIGHT, EXTRA INCENTIVE FOR YALL TO HELP WITH THE SUCCESS OF THIS TOURNAMENT. IF YOU BRING A TV, YOU CAN ALSO GET A FREE COFFEE/DONUT

HOWEVER IT WITH 3 METHODS OF OBTAINING A FREE COFFEE/DONUT, IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN 2 COFFEES, DONUTS, OR 1 OF EACH. IF YOU DO SATISFY ALL 3 CONDITIONS, YOU CAN OBTAIN 2 FREE ITEMS AND GET A PAT ON THE BACK/HAND SHAKE/PUBLIC PRAISE FOR YOUR EFFORTS :p

so people

PLEASE CONFIRM SETUPS

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
When you guys say Ninja'd, is that a verb, or is that the name of another friend of yours? I really can't tell.
We were on computers next to each other. He ninja'd me with attendance. We do that a lot.

Also, I might be able to bring a TV. I'm organizing stuff w/my friends and if I can get a ride, I'll definitely have it there. The only thing to note is that I have to plug it through my VCR cuz my TV doesn't have the ports, but that's about it.

I'll post more info as I get it.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Bringing a broken T.V. a crappy Wii and a nasty depressive Riddlebox. Confirm! Also <_< I'll be sure to set the stage lists up on my game before I bring it...lol it was my T.V./Wii everyone was getting pissed at when hitting random for stages and getting bull**** ones :laugh:...Oh also I'll pummel the crap out of Infzy and bring him broken too.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet
Bringing a broken T.V. a crappy Wii and a nasty depressive Riddlebox. Confirm! Also <_< I'll be sure to set the stage lists up on my game before I bring it...lol it was my T.V./Wii everyone was getting pissed at when hitting random for stages and getting bull**** ones :laugh:...Oh also I'll pummel the crap out of Infzy and bring him broken too.
just dont break his arm so he can pay me the venue fee

Tin Man

Smash Hero
so long as ur broken TV works, u can get a free coffee/donut. Thank you for bringing equipment :bee:

PEOPLE, BRING EQUIPMENT LIKE RIDDLEBOX AND CONFIRM IT!

I've added your contribution to the OP, and hopefully u can get Infzy over here with a full setups, livestream included.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm bringing a TV. Probably a wii too, I'll have to confirm that a bit closer to the tourney itself.

Anyone looking for a doubles partner? I play Snake / Metaknight / Jigglypuff and I've got a pretty good doubles track record. (Top 5 at Havoc in the Hammer, OBSCENE) Hit me up via PM or whatever.

Oh snaps, didn't realize B+ had an event. Sign me uppzz

5ive

Smash Champion
lol confirm me already.
Wii + Brawl+

Eugene will come
Wii + Brawl+

Fonez will come
Wii + Brawl+

Fizz maybe
Wii + Brawl+

If I get a ride, +2 TV's.

Patches

Smash Master
I'm bringing a TV. Probably a wii too, I'll have to confirm that a bit closer to the tourney itself.

Anyone looking for a doubles partner? I play Snake / Metaknight / Jigglypuff and I've got a pretty good doubles track record. (Top 5 at Havoc in the Hammer, OBSCENE) Hit me up via PM or whatever.

Oh snaps, didn't realize B+ had an event. Sign me uppzz
me vs you. B+ money match. You game? It's been a long time since we've played each other. Also, I'd be happy to do doubles with you if thats cool?

Patches

Smash Master
Good stuff my friend. I don't suppose there is sushi nearby? I do think that is in order. My girlfriend would definitely be down for that.

infomon

Smash Scientist
:psycho:

we'll seeeeeeeeeee

:054:

sauc3

Smash Lord
any chance there will be a melee setup at this *****? and also, any chance anyone knows how to play melee at this *****? I've been offered a ride and its the last day I have before I start work, so I'd like to play some ****in melee, and maybe brawl if I'm not too rusty. No guarantees tho but the promise of melee would be really enticing :)

Tin Man

Smash Hero
any chance there will be a melee setup at this *****? and also, any chance anyone knows how to play melee at this *****? I've been offered a ride and its the last day I have before I start work, so I'd like to play some ****in melee, and maybe brawl if I'm not too rusty. No guarantees tho but the promise of melee would be really enticing :)
I can play melee, and i'm sure someone will be willing to allow they're wii to be used for melee (if not, My wii/setup or alvin's wii/setup can be used for melee). however u must provide ur own copy :p (I'll most likely forget).

Rikana

Smash Champion
Eugene and I would gladly play Melee. Melee over other smash games any day.

And, I'm still a maybe because I'm not sure if I'm doing anything that day yet.

Edit: is there a microwave we can use by the way? lol. I'm not a big fan of coffee time's food to be honest.. or donuts in general. I love home cooked meals.

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Im down for MELEE! Captain all day baby XD

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
If I can dig mine up I will gladly supply Melee so long as people are willing to play it.
Also I will be bringing my brother, and we'll probably sign up for doubles as well.

Can't wait!

Edit: If enough people are interested, Melee side tourney?

sauc3

Smash Lord
If I can dig mine up I will gladly supply Melee so long as people are willing to play it.
Also I will be bringing my brother, and we'll probably sign up for doubles as well.

Can't wait!

um, hell yes

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Im down for MELEE! Captain all day baby XD
does this mean your attendance for my tourney is confirmed?

Can't wait!

I confirmed your brother

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Melee side tourney? Lookin' good. Been trying to learn Melee lately.

But Melee fall speed... GAH.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Does this mean there's gonna be a Melee side tournie? It doesn't look like there's going to be a lot of participants though. It might be better just to do friendlies and such.

If I come, I'll bring gamecube + melee. :D

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I am not going to run an official melee side tourney, nor will I allow it if it threatens the completion of the other events. A melee setup is fine, but be aware that you can bring equipment if you want, but there is no guarantee if it will be used and also Brawl crews > melee. Play melee at the melee tourney.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet

Can't wait!

i can only run the melee side-tourney if everything else runs smoothly and efficiently. imo, replace the RPS tourney w/ melee. i'd love to see a melee tourney happen too. Dont know if there'll be enough time for singles and doubles for melee

i do also plan on hosting a melee focused tourney sometime, just need someone to help me co-host and organize.

Top Bottom