• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

* Duffy *

Smash Cadet
A quick question...

I edited some of kirby's, Toon links and wolfs texture but none of them show up.
Am I doing something wrong?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
This site really needs a "Delete multiple posts" button for the newbs who don't read the forum rules.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
This site really needs a "Delete multiple posts" button for the newbs who don't read the forum rules.
There actually is (or something like it), they just try to hide it from us. Its mainly used when the adbots make threads.

Hey Kryal, I don't know if anyone has told you this, but the texture problem is still going on, even after you said you fixed it. If you want, I can send you a file or two.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone figured out how to save animations in the new version? No matter what I do to a model, if I change just a single frame of an animation it freezes on me when I save... (exporting an animation, or saving the entire movement file)

Oh and Kryal, if it helps, BrawlBox was using about 50 CPU while it was frozen. If I waited a while, would it eventually un-freeze?

EDIT: I answered my own question. If I wait about 5 or more minutes, it will finally un-freeze and save the file.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Has anyone figured out how to save animations in the new version? No matter what I do to a model, if I change just a single frame of an animation it freezes on me when I save... (exporting an animation, or saving the entire movement file)

Oh and Kryal, if it helps, BrawlBox was using about 50 CPU while it was frozen. If I waited a while, would it eventually un-freeze?

EDIT: I answered my own question. If I wait about 5 or more minutes, it will finally un-freeze and save the file.
I just noticed that this kind of 'freezing' on saving any animation change is also occuring for me. So, just a confirmation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did encounter something that people should be advised about.

If you want to edit the CLR0 files, you need to use a hex editor, since trying to modify CLR0 data with BrawlBox apparently leads to crashes, which I've found out today.

GamerRob1

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm looking for somebody who is familier with Brawlbox, and can make me Animations. But before saying "Why not take the time to do it yourself?", I would like to say that I am a Machinima Maker. I work hard on my Machinima so that it is successful which is why I am making this post! Making Machinima and doing all of these things is very much time consuming ESPECIALLY making animations, but I honestly can't take the time to be pro at making Animations. But I will take anybody! But I want my machinima to be better with custom animations for particular scenes.

My video's are professional enough that i gain 10 subscribers a day on Youtube, here is my Youtube Channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerRob1

If ANYBODY is willing to join my Machinima Making Cast and be my Animation Editor for Brawl, it would be much appreciated, and i would make sure you are credited and recognized, if YOU LIKE.

Send me a PM on Youtube, or contact me through MSN. (GamerRob1@hotmail.com) So somebody please step forward, and help a Machinima Maker out. :)

Thanks
GamerRob1

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Well, I just don't get it. I'm not encountering any freezing problems, and performance monitoring doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. There are a few other machines I can test with, but I'll do that tomorrow. Thank you for you patience everyone!
I just noticed that this kind of 'freezing' on saving any animation change is also occuring for me. So, just a confirmation.
As mii as well, this occurs the same. Though not just with Animations, but Saving in general. Maybe you would like to moderate the saving process or maybe you could see a comparison between BrawlBox v0.63b and v0.63C? V0.63b has NO saving errors whatsoever.

Kryal

Smash Ace
There actually is (or something like it), they just try to hide it from us. Its mainly used when the adbots make threads.

Hey Kryal, I don't know if anyone has told you this, but the texture problem is still going on, even after you said you fixed it. If you want, I can send you a file or two.
Which texture issue? And yes, file please.

I did encounter something that people should be advised about.

If you want to edit the CLR0 files, you need to use a hex editor, since trying to modify CLR0 data with BrawlBox apparently leads to crashes, which I've found out today.
Please elaborate so it can be fixed.

Okay, so I've found the saving problem. I feel quite silly really. It was the chr encoder dealing with scale values and such. The reason why it's sporadic is because not many anims are scaled. Sooo, I'll try getting a release out tonight and maybe fix a few lingering issues in the process.

EDIT:

Just a tip. If you're having problems with stage backgrounds not looping try this: Click on the CHR animation file, and set the 'Unknown2' value to 1. This causes an animation to loop indefinitely.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Alright, I have an idea, and I'm not quite sure if it would work. It's a semi-model importation thing. Hear me out. If it could never work, tell me. If it MIGHT work, Kryal should implement it.

Alright, so, you know how if you load a model into BrawlBox, you can look in the folder "Vertices?" If you go in there, you can look at the vertices of any given Polygon. If you click one of the things in the Vertices folder, you will see that it corresponds to a given polygon. Click on one, and you'll see three sub catagores of Data to the right: "Misc," "Vertices," and "Vertex Data." If you click "Vertices" there, you will see a [...] button. Click it, and you will see a list of all the vertices in the object. While there, it seems you are able to "Add" or "Remove". What if you could export that list? Or, more importantly, import a different list?

If we could do this, then we could, potentially make an object already in Brawl take the shape of a 3D object NOT in Brawl. This would not really be importing a model, but reshaping an old one. We could have a .bat file someone could make that would export a list like this from, say, a .obj formatted model. The next worry would be textures, though, so I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Please, someone tell me if this is possible or not. This could do for us until actual importing of .DAE's comes to fruition.

EDIT: Another note: This would let us keep the bones of the old character, allowing for animations previously existing to be used.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Alright, I have an idea, and I'm not quite sure if it would work. It's a semi-model importation thing. Hear me out. If it could never work, tell me. If it MIGHT work, Kryal should implement it.

Alright, so, you know how if you load a model into BrawlBox, you can look in the folder "Vertices?" If you go in there, you can look at the vertices of any given Polygon. If you click one of the things in the Vertices folder, you will see that it corresponds to a given polygon. Click on one, and you'll see three sub catagores of Data to the right: "Misc," "Vertices," and "Vertex Data." If you click "Vertices" there, you will see a [...] button. Click it, and you will see a list of all the vertices in the object. While there, it seems you are able to "Add" or "Remove". What if you could export that list? Or, more importantly, import a different list?

If we could do this, then we could, potentially make an object already in Brawl take the shape of a 3D object NOT in Brawl. This would not really be importing a model, but reshaping an old one. We could have a .bat file someone could make that would export a list like this from, say, a .obj formatted model. The next worry would be textures, though, so I'm not sure how that would turn out.

Please, someone tell me if this is possible or not. This could do for us until actual importing of .DAE's comes to fruition.

EDIT: Another note: This would let us keep the bones of the old character, allowing for animations previously existing to be used.
Already planned for the model rebuilder, but less complicated. The vertex editing will be built-in so you won't HAVE to export.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Already planned for the model rebuilder, but less complicated. The vertex editing will be built-in so you won't HAVE to export.
But that's for reshaping a model by hand. I was talking about making the model automatically reshape to the shape of a different model that was already made (Like, say, a Melee model). Would it be able to do that?

Kryal

Smash Ace
But that's for reshaping a model by hand. I was talking about making the model automatically reshape to the shape of a different model that was already made (Like, say, a Melee model). Would it be able to do that?
Yes, all you would have to do is export/import the polygon. That or import a new model.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
---------------------------

The process cannot access the file '<filename>' because it is being used by another process.
OK

Now happens whenever I try to save something

Why is that?

Even though nothing else is running the pac...

Kryal

Smash Ace

The process cannot access the file '<filename>' because it is being used by another process.
OK

Now happens whenever I try to save something

Why is that?

Even though nothing else is running the pac...
Make a change to the file first.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
hey kryal, would you be able to add a feature to export animations to a simple format to edit in text editors, then make it possible to put them back in?
maybe something like this
numframes=100
Frame1:
LArmJ:
12 12 12
23 23 23
1 1 1
RArmJ:
12 12 12
-23 -23 -23
1 1 1
Frame100:
LArmJ:
12 13 14
23 23 34
1 1 1
... and so on.
first line after the bone would be the X Y Z of translation.
next line is X Y Z of rotation
Last line is X Y Z of scaling.
Note that only bones with atleast 1 keyframe are refered. but even if there is only 1 keyframe in that frame, it still has all the translations, rotations, and scale

also, it may be crazy, but possibly making a way to do this not only with single animations, but with full movesets. because i want to try and make a program to batch edit these to allow characters from other games to use movesets in brawl, and rotation seems to be a big issue.

also, with this as an easier format, someone might be able to convert other animations from 3D editors to this.

If you are able to do this, it would help immensly. thank you

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
hey kryal, would you be able to add a feature to export animations to a simple format to edit in text editors, then make it possible to put them back in?
maybe something like this
(example)
... and so on.
first line after the bone would be the X Y Z of translation.
next line is X Y Z of rotation
Last line is X Y Z of scaling.
Note that only bones with atleast 1 keyframe are refered. but even if there is only 1 keyframe in that frame, it still has all the translations, rotations, and scale

also, it may be crazy, but possibly making a way to do this not only with single animations, but with full movesets. because i want to try and make a program to batch edit these to allow characters from other games to use movesets in brawl, and rotation seems to be a big issue.

also, with this as an easier format, someone might be able to convert other animations from 3D editors to this.

If you are able to do this, it would help immensly. thank you
This actually sounds like a really good idea. I know Kryal is planning to make the editor much easier to use in the future, but still even when that happens, you could import animations from other games.

Also, I was wondering Kryal. Have you thought about how the click+drag animation editor will work yet? I was wondering if you where going to take the approach that some programs use in that when a bone is selected, it shows a sphere with different circles for each axis:

Or are you taking a completely different approach?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Do you think it'd be possible to tweeak the collision editor a little? I wanna drag things around instead of plugging numbers in w/ BrawlWall.

Top Bottom