• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
You know, there ARE guides that you can view on Youtube or read in other forums instead of asking question after question here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IChaHdUpw80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xPxduBAt6M
I watched those it doesn't answer my one question, how do I save it and get it to work? Do I put the fit motion pac somewhere like on the sd card for just textures I put the fitike00.pac do I just put the new edited motion file in the fighter part of the sd card? :) that's my main question

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I watched those it doesn't answer my one question, how do I save it and get it to work? Do I put the fit motion pac somewhere like on the sd card for just textures I put the fitike00.pac do I just put the new edited motion file in the fighter part of the sd card? :) that's my main question
If you edited the FitMotion pac file and saved it, you need to put it in the character's fighter folder that you edited. So if you edited Ike's FitIkeMotion.pac file, you need to put it in his fighter folder (where you put textures).

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
If you edited the FitMotion pac file and saved it, you need to put it in the character's fighter folder that you edited. So if you edited Ike's FitIkeMotion.pac file, you need to put it in his fighter folder (where you put textures).
Thta's all I needed thanks a lot!

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
When BBox is done, all you should have to do is copy the files and edit the action script. The trick is getting the code module to play nice...

In the meantime, extract the models and animations from one and insert them into another. You may have to edit the action script or modify animations to get movement working properly.

The current file loader code doesn't load modules, primarily because they use an ID that can't be replicated at this time.
Hmm. I'm viciously busy with school right now, but maybe I'll toy around with that this Friday. Also, I thought that replacing Alloys was difficult because they don't have any B button moves?

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
I have one more question, is there a way to copy one whole animation to another slot instead of doing everybone and every frame?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Last time I'm going to say this. No matter what software you use to import your audio, don't be surprised if it doesn't come out right the first time, specially if you just throw it in there blindly. You have every tool at your disposal to convert/master the audio, and it will save you time (and quality) in the long run.

<Sigh> So, the interpolation problem has been taking up most of my time, but I've made some progress. Compact frames use cubic hermite splines with single tangents (if anyone cares to know). Thanks to Dolphin I'm able to replicate the interpolation just like the game. The REAL question is, how are the tangents generated? Seeing as how all compact frames use the same format, I'm assuming they were generated upon conversion. That, or some poor soul had to put them in manually. If they ARE generated, something like Cardinal splines would make sense, but nothing seems to fit at the moment...

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Can you use brawlbox to put part of another character's model over another character's model (i.e., what fortwaffles did to create Roy) and if not, how would one go about doing this?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I didn't understand a word of Kryal's post. Can someone explain it in laymen's terms?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
the curves are either too curvy or not curvy enough, depending on what calcluation is being used to calculate the curviness of the curves.
That sums it up, hilariously. Basically, he's working on the algorithm to determine movement between keyframes. Without it, custom animations will not work properly or will cause massive file sizes.

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hello Kyral! Thank you for making such an amazing program such as BrawlBox!

I am not sure if you know me, but I am the largest supplier of Brawl Modding Tutorials on the internet, and have a fairly large following. Because of the ease of use and enormous possibilities your program creates, I have focused on it for a large amount of my tutorials. Whenever I visit this page (Quite often) I try to remember to leave this reply, but always forget; but not today!

So, now that you understand my credentials, I would like to offer you this proposition. Because your thread gets so many hits and replies, I would like for you to add my Youtube channel in you "Tutorials" section on your main post. This way many more people will be able to enjoy your program and learn how to do advanced techniques.
Possibly, if you were so inclined, you could release to me early versions of new releases so I could do tutorials on the new features that could be put on your thread simutaineously with launch of the new version.

I eagerly await your reply, and I thank you again for any and all consideration.
Wacka Alpaca

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hello Kyral! Thank you for making such an amazing program such as BrawlBox!

I am not sure if you know me, but I am the largest supplier of Brawl Modding Tutorials on the internet, and have a fairly large following. Because of the ease of use and enormous possibilities your program creates, I have focused on it for a large amount of my tutorials. Whenever I visit this page (Quite often) I try to remember to leave this reply, but always forget; but not today!

So, now that you understand my credentials, I would like to offer you this proposition. Because your thread gets so many hits and replies, I would like for you to add my Youtube channel in you "Tutorials" section on your main post. This way many more people will be able to enjoy your program and learn how to do advanced techniques.
Possibly, if you were so inclined, you could release to me early versions of new releases so I could do tutorials on the new features that could be put on your thread simutaineously with launch of the new version.

I eagerly await your reply, and I thank you again for any and all consideration.
Wacka Alpaca
Dude, that's awesome. Of course! Send me a link and I'll put it up. As for pre-release versions, I can't really do that. There are quite a few users who are rather knowledgeable and can figure most of the new features out. I'd rather give them a release then wait a day or so. That, and I make lots of tweaks before pieces are complete.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, is there a way to edit what sounds play when you attack? If so can someone explain or link me I couldn't find a good tutorial.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Hi Kryal, I have a feature recommendation.

In melee there was a feature in the debug mode to view hitboxes and hurtboxes and all that good stuff.

Brawl lacks that feature, so people instead have turned to manually inputting special effects ontop of attacks to show where the hitboxes are.

I was wondering if you could make it possible to somehow link the PAC, the motionfile, and the PCS all together to draw hitboxes where the attacks may be. For example, you were viewing link in the model viewer, and you were looking at his Fsmash animation, you could then load up his PCS file and then see where the hitboxes appear during that attack, and maybe even allow us to click and drag them around. :D

n64billy

Smash Ace
I get an error from trying to export MiscData stuff as well.... I just use 0.62 to export and import my things, save, and then reopen in 0.63b to keep working.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Same thing to me, today I have done exactly the same as n64billy ^^U xD

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hi Kryal, I have a feature recommendation.

In melee there was a feature in the debug mode to view hitboxes and hurtboxes and all that good stuff.

Brawl lacks that feature, so people instead have turned to manually inputting special effects ontop of attacks to show where the hitboxes are.

I was wondering if you could make it possible to somehow link the PAC, the motionfile, and the PCS all together to draw hitboxes where the attacks may be. For example, you were viewing link in the model viewer, and you were looking at his Fsmash animation, you could then load up his PCS file and then see where the hitboxes appear during that attack, and maybe even allow us to click and drag them around. :D
When action scripts are done.

Is it just me or is the Export function on MiscDatas broken in 0.63b?
Yes, it's an extension error. Type an extension and it should/might work. I'm hoping to have a release this week to address a few more bugs and (possibly) animation interpolation.

EDIT:

By the way, if you are exporting/importing misc data you should put in a feature request for that file type. The ultimate goal is that you shouldn't have to do that! :p

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
What about an option to know and edit the position and rotation of the camera in the 3D previews? It would be much easier to see what you want to see (very big stages, exact 90º view rotations...)
Feature request ^^U

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, what do you mean when you say "put in a feature request for that file type"?

[OFF TOPIC]
Mewtwo (It feels cool to address someone like that), just wanted to congratulate you on the progress you've made with stages and such. You seem like a cool guy to talk to on MSN and stuff (Hint hint n64billy@hotmail.com hint hint)

Also, everytime you do this face, it reminds me of a tamagotchi ^^U

Kuchipatchi
Too much discipline makes a Kuchipatchi of Tamagotchi. You should have provided a little nurturing and common sense care to avoid Kuchipatchi. If this is your fate, you'll have to deal with Kuchipatchi's lack of intelligence. He's very lovable though!
I always managed to get Kuchipatchi when I had a tamagotchi :p
I managed to keep them alive for 22 generations before my battery died.... Good memories...
[/OFF TOPIC]

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey again Kyral, I am ecstatic that you replied to my post, and even more so that you have agreed to put me in your tuts section! this should get more traffic for both of us!

My Youtube Channel (Contains every tut I have done):
http://www.youtube.com/user/WackaAlpaca

most important tuts for beginners:

Basic Terminology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVyNUbp0Grs

Advanced Terminology:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm6caPMCTNk

Downloading Of All Necessary Files
:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTU0QYQkUjY

(This one is up to you) Setting up your SD Card:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gYZI35CwLQ

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
FEATURE REQUEST. PLEASE CONSIDER!

IN the Mario Kart Modifier, SZS mod, you can edit the vertex's of models without having to hex them. Like you preview them and just drag. Could you take a look at how thats used since the BRRES files inside Mario Kart Wii's SZS files are ALMOST EXACTLY like Brawl's so please look into it.

My request is a Vertex editor.

And a side job. A Built in Hex editor.

Top Bottom