• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
but it can be. You could use it to pirate and emulate games and other things like that
But the way a lot of people on Smash Boards use it isn't illegally. I know I'm not using anything illegal on mine, I just have Gecko 1.9.3 v2 and HBB on my HBC.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
but it can be. You could use it to pirate and emulate games and other things like that
Cars can be illegal because you can speed, and hit people with them! Guns should be illegal because you can shoot people! Knives should be illegal because you can stab people!

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
WHY MUST PPL GO INTO THIS?!! it doesnt matter, because we ALWAYS get one side saying one thing, and another side saying another. END
and it only wastes space =_=;;

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
yeah... not really. the video was the last update i did on him. I sent the updated one over to BSZ. I might work on another character, an original, and furries will probably like it :3
...?

Why am I the only one making tired animations for characters? (Well, except the one that TSoN fixed for me for the Pichu moveset. :3) Seriously, has nobody else thought of this? ._.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Oh goody, a discussion of homebrew legality. Allow me to proliferate on the logistics of homebrew being a piracy enabler versus the idea of end-user free will and being innocent before proven guilty. Lemme just break out my thesaurus for a sec so I can find some spicy legal buzzwords to sprinkle around my post like shredded cheese.

WHY MUST PPL GO INTO THIS?!! it doesnt matter, because we ALWAYS get one side saying one thing, and another side saying another. END
and it only wastes space =_=;;
Hmm, well then.

I can totally do both sides at once if you want me to, see if I don't. Also, you guys are arguing over the wrong idea, since Brawl modders will be illegal with or without homebrew because of the SDK tools they use.

Actually, this brings up a question I've been meaning to ask Kyral: does BrawlBox use TexConv and NTcompress like ASH does, or did you code your own unique alternatives into the program? The question also applies for the new WAV to BRSTM conversion, which used a Wii SDK tool last I checked.

Oh, and Happy New Year and stuff.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Oh goody, a discussion of homebrew legality. Allow me to proliferate on the logistics of homebrew being a piracy enabler versus the idea of end-user free will and being innocent before proven guilty. Lemme just break out my thesaurus for a sec so I can find some spicy legal buzzwords to sprinkle around my post like shredded cheese.

Hmm, well then.

I can totally do both sides at once if you want me to, see if I don't. Also, you guys are arguing over the wrong idea, since Brawl modders will be illegal with or without homebrew because of the SDK tools they use.

Actually, this brings up a question I've been meaning to ask Kyral: does BrawlBox use TexConv and NTcompress like ASH does, or did you code your own unique alternatives into the program? The question also applies for the new WAV to BRSTM conversion, which used a Wii SDK tool last I checked.

Oh, and Happy New Year and stuff.
No, all the code used in BrawlTools is my own code. Sometimes it was necessary to look at other code for reference (like the SDK), but all of it is original. That's why it works so well ;)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
No, all the code used in BrawlTools is my own code. Sometimes it was necessary to look at other code for reference (like the SDK), but all of it is original. That's why it works so well ;)
Oh you XD

I'm pretty sure you went over how to fix a warping run (not snapback, but really messy running animation), but would it be all right if I asked you how exactly to fix it? I didn't understand what you said. X_x (I'll ask in a PM. Just wanna make sure I won't be annoying you.)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'm trying to replace some textures in common5 but whenever I export the textures they end up as just files and won't be named as a .png.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
When you export files that end in .#, you have to rename them to .png. I had that same problem yesterday, actually.

Hope that helps.

Pichu_815

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to replace some textures in common5 but whenever I export the textures they end up as just files and won't be named as a .png.
After you edit them, go to Save As, and then save them as PNGs. You should even be able to tell it what file type you want when you export them. I was allowed to. I was editing textures in there too.

EDIT: Beaten. :(

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You have to remember to select the extension when you export it, either by typing it in manually or selecting it under where you type the name in. Don't worry, I had the same problem at first.

EDIT: Double ninja'd.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Lol, I ninja two people.

Yeah, it was confusing me at first too. Then I finally realized I had to change the extension.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Oh you XD

I'm pretty sure you went over how to fix a warping run (not snapback, but really messy running animation), but would it be all right if I asked you how exactly to fix it? I didn't understand what you said. X_x (I'll ask in a PM. Just wanna make sure I won't be annoying you.)
Well, I haven't found a solution for it yet. I believe the game uses bezier curves for interpolation. Certain keyframes have a value attached to them that affects the curve, and setting it to 0 or 1 doesn't work as a quick-fix. They're very small decimal numbers, so I have to figure out how they are calculated for encoding. Of course, I could be wrong and it may be something else entirely.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
yes, but im not releasing it quite yet. I'm currently uploading a video though :)

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID-VrerIuNM
Mewtwo progress (on my half) is here. i gave him a melee up throw too
so in the youtube video u have a marth with a giant fox head
is that from another model?
cuz if it is i want to import knuckle joe's hair into another model so i can use that hair
(goku) and try and make a more DBZ like hair

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
You can do what I did and keyframe the Z position of every single frame on the TransN bone. It's not a very good solution, but I can't think of anything else at the moment. (you can probably get away with every other frame, or every 4th frame, etc...)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
When you export files that end in .#, you have to rename them to .png. I had that same problem yesterday, actually.

Hope that helps.
Yeah, I figured it out. I just wanted to let Kyral know so that he might be able to make that easier to do in the next version.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
cuz if it is i want to import knuckle joe's hair into another model so i can use that hair
That's an animal crosser head. You have to model swap a sword glow and add it to every animation.

Actually, you may only have to add it to the entries/wait1 and make sure it isn't removed.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
How do I get a graphic to attach to a bone? I used the bone ID and everything, and all it did was stick the graphic at her feet...

I'm trying to swap Luigi's Mansion's background with that of Bowser's Castle Seige (both files will be linked to) but apparently, I'm doing it wrong.

I swapped the model data, added the texture data and swapped the Scene Data with that of Norfair's, and replaced the camera with that of Luigi's Mansion (like it was to begin with). FREEZE CITY o.o

Can someone help put me on the path of righteousness? :D

My Luigi's Mansion stage: http://www.mediafire.com/?zztm2nmzfum

Bowser's Castle Seige: http://www.mediafire.com/?0mintvz2m2v

Norfair: http://www.mediafire.com/?2zezderly4j

I'm not asking you to do it for me, I would really like it if you would simply tell me how. Clearly I'm missing something or replacing something I'm not supposed to.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yeah... actually, i got the idea of goku today after playing Smash Bros. Crusade's new demo, and i think i might want to help with that if it's ok. I came up with the vertex editing thing, so i can possibly make it look moar liek teh Goku :3
PM me

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
How do you edit the CSS icons using BrawlBox? I found how, but I don't wanna screw it up, so if someone could help, thanks in advance

.Smoreking.

Smash Cadet
How do you edit the CSS icons using BrawlBox? I found how, but I don't wanna screw it up, so if someone could help, thanks in advance
It's under common5.pac

If you're talking about what i think you are, it should be under MiscData[70]->Textures->then each file with a .## extention, so you'll have to rename it, then export and replace, and keep the same image size.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
The little tab with the character's name above it or the portait that appears when you select it? You can just export, edit, and replace the little tabs using BrawlBox. The portraits have palettes and need to be edited using CUPASH. All of these are in system > common5_en.pac. Rename it to common5.pac when you put it on the SD. ninjd

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
How do I get a graphic to attach to a bone? I used the bone ID and everything, and all it did was stick the graphic at her feet...
This might be a stupid question, but did you remember to convert the bone index to hex?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kryal, or anyone else who probably knows: but is it possible to swap polygons or the sort? I saw Marth with Isaac's hair and Isaac with Krazy Red's head(Lol). Is this what it was if not could anyone explain how it was done?

If Polygon swap is not possible, then Kryal, that is my request. Take your time though.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I lol'd:

Surely no one will ever get that far. They've challenged me now. BTW, that's in info.msbin which is in the msg folder which is in the menu folder, in case anyone was wondering.

Top Bottom