• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
BSZ said:
Here's my progress so far, on Mewtwo. I've been working on this single frame for 2/3 hours. It's still not done.

Also, I'll be working with Fortwaffles on this.

This picture is so epic it doesn't need to be thumbnailed!.
Hmm, good work BSZ. I'll start working on a few animations i suppose... It looks like you got the rest of him done with PSM in animations, so i'll send you my animations to add that to them.

Edit: double post? more like double dip! mah bad

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
a couple questions:through BBox, how would i go about A) moving stage objects, B) adjusting stage boundaries, C) move camera center, and D) adjust (re)spawn points?
B-D would probably be located with the Scene Data. A...you would just adjust the translation. However, then you would have to match up the collision data properly as well, or else you could wind up standing in thin air.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Well, i finished mewtwo's head, but it has a texture problem. im going to try and fix it ._.
Edit: fixed

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I think his tail could be just slightly longer, but that looks amazing as is.

Now I really DO need to learn how to do that.

EDIT: If I can get a reliable way of removing most of the polygons without messing the game up, then I might start working on a Missingno. PSA.

Here's a little screen shot showing what I had been trying to do for pretty much 2 weeks now:

I finally realized that the texture for the eye glow was flat, so I could use a sprite on it. Course...I had to find a clean Missingno. sprite that wasn't previously saved as a .gif or .jpg, but I eventually got it.

Sometimes the best answers to a difficult problem are the most simple ones.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, in BBox i get this image:

but in-game i get the regular stage, with no ice platform (good), a fall through center (good), regular platforms (bad), and the center part offset somewhat (bad). any ideas why this keeps happening?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I've experimented with changing stage parts. Usually there is a chain of bones that connect to the platform. Try moving one of the other bones.

I'm not quite clear on what you're trying to do and what you managed to do so far.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what i've done so far (at least what in BBox) is remove the collision from the center piece, moved the graphical part back into the stage, shifted the top platforms so they are 1) bigger and 2) touching each other, moved the platform on the right down and in, as well as removed the ice platform on the right.

when i put it in-game, though, the stage remains the same, except there is no ice platform, no center collision, and the center model is shifted to the left instead of in.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Aw, why do you guys just tease people? If something's good enough to be played, you should give the audience a little demo of it. What I'm trying to say is...
Fortwaffles, can you just release one of your vertex hacks?
MEWTWO
...Or a cat is fine too.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
No one commented on my Missingno. yet. I have a general idea for his attacks and stuff, but if I'm going to keep him over the alloy I'll have to change it so that it fits the alloy's limitations.

Well, I could always work on my other idea instead.

Oh yeah, and still no input on my ZSS stage.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
If the center chunk isn't connected by any faces (I assume it's not) then I would just move it waaay off screen. Unless that leaves a hole. Concerning the platforms, try moving a different one of the bones that connects to the platform. Making 2 of the platforms touch could be a bad idea - if you run from 1 to the other it will be interrupted by the short landing animation and you'll proceed to walk.

Lol, the polar bear locations are called "WhiteBare"

Nvm, about the platform bones thing. These ones are different than the other stages I've looked at.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
If the center chunk isn't connected by any faces (I assume it's not) then I would just move it waaay off screen. Unless that leaves a hole. Concerning the platforms, try moving a different one of the bones that connects to the platform. Making 2 of the platforms touch could be a bad idea - if you run from 1 to the other it will be interrupted by the short landing animation and you'll proceed to walk.

Lol, the polar bear locations are called "WhiteBare"

Nvm, about the platform bones thing. These ones are different than the other stages I've looked at.
well, removing the chunk does leave a large whole (it was the first thing i did before trying anything else).

i'll try moving the platforms so they are next to each other and not overlapping and see if that fixes it (though they aren't even moving in the first place...).

i still don't know what is wrong with the right platform as in BBox is moves fine, but in game it stays at the same spot it always does.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
No one commented on my Missingno. yet. I have a general idea for his attacks and stuff, but if I'm going to keep him over the alloy I'll have to change it so that it fits the alloy's limitations.

Well, I could always work on my other idea instead.

Oh yeah, and still no input on my ZSS stage.
Can't you take snapshots for your ZSS stage? Or is your Wii broken?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Aw, why do you guys just tease people? If something's good enough to be played, you should give the audience a little demo of it. What I'm trying to say is...
Fortwaffles, can you just release one of your vertex hacks?
MEWTWO
...Or a cat is fine too.
I could, but then i get ppl taking credit for my work, and releasing alterations before it's done...
but melee falco (although slightly incomplete) does have a DL in my thread about vertex hacking

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
ok, tried moving the platforms apart, editing the Z-axis even more for the center part (it is walk-through btw) but i still keep getting the same problem:

does NOT equal this:

you can see the differences?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I could, but then i get ppl taking credit for my work, and releasing alterations before it's done...
but melee falco (although slightly incomplete) does have a DL in my thread about vertex hacking
Honestly, I don't think the hacking community would sink so low as to steal your work. But it's your decision. OR you could just send it by PM.

JC-Gamer

Smash Cadet
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada, North America, Earth
@ Kryal or anyone else who knows

In mu_menumain.pac why can't MiscData[5] or MiscData[7] be opened and edited like the other text files in the PAC file?

I don't care too much about MiscData[7] since that just holds all of the various letters, numbers, and symbols for when you enter a name for something.

But MiscData[5] has all of the descriptions for the menu's buttons (I really want to replace the Boss Battles description with, "Tabuu sucks on intense..." and the Cruel Brawl description with, "SO CRUEL!!! SAKURAI!!!!!!!!").

How can I edit these files even though they're uneditable in Brawlbox? Can I just extract the files, save them as a .txt, edit them, remove the extension, and then replace the old files with the new ones?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Can't you take snapshots for your ZSS stage? Or is your Wii broken?
I can't use homebrew on my Wii without getting lectured by my brother how I'm doing something illegal. I'd rather stay on his good side.

That, and I'm too lazy. :laugh:

Kryal

Smash Ace
@ Kryal or anyone else who knows

In mu_menumain.pac why can't MiscData[5] or MiscData[7] be opened and edited like the other text files in the PAC file?

I don't care too much about MiscData[7] since that just holds all of the various letters, numbers, and symbols for when you enter a name for something.

But MiscData[5] has all of the descriptions for the menu's buttons (I really want to replace the Boss Battles description with, "Tabuu sucks on intense..." and the Cruel Brawl description with, "SO CRUEL!!! SAKURAI!!!!!!!!").

How can I edit these files even though they're uneditable in Brawlbox? Can I just extract the files, save them as a .txt, edit them, remove the extension, and then replace the old files with the new ones?
Ahh! Never seen that before. There was a problem with the decoder and empty strings apparently. It's been fixed, thanks!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I can't use homebrew on my Wii without getting lectured by my brother how I'm doing something illegal. I'd rather stay on his good side.

That, and I'm too lazy. :laugh:
Make a custom Family Selection Screen and take your brother out of it, that way he can't lecture you because he's not a playable family member. There, problem solved.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well....he already knows about it. Plus, Homebrew kinda gives it away.

I can always use the Stage Builder exploit.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Hey, kryal, would it be possible to add support for importing and exporting vertices as .3ds?
it would help on my vetex editing guide, and the vertices are stored the same waay in both formats, except in 3ds, the floating point is backwards, so 42f00000 would be 0000f042 in 3ds

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
!!Happy New Years!!

Yes, these are Alts for Shadow I made. Yes, Red Shadow was originally Marvin's. So no, I will not release the Alts until Marvin states it is alright.

So to continue... This is just a little teaser of Project Shadow and it seems to be coming along pretty nicely. And with the help of the rest of the members of Team Shadow, he will be in your Brawl before you know it.

Plus I felt left out because everyone else posted their own Shadows which I was the only one who did not, so just get it off my chest. :laugh:

Also, I made that animation and pose. (You can only see the pose, haha.) There is also one alt that I could not put in, and that is the blue Shadow. Blue stripes, and Green Eyes.​

"So wait, and look for more. And when he awaits, it will be yours. ;)"

EDIT: More pictures to come.

"Shadow in my Brawl? No way!" #1
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1743/p1040416e.jpg

"Seriously, Shadow's in my Brawl? Really?!" #2
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/3452/p1040415m.jpg

Happy New-years, everyone. God Bless.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
What controls the texture changes? Like, when Kirby enters a hurt animation obviously his eye changes to match. Is it possible to change what texture is used in the animations themselves or does some other factor control it?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
What controls the texture changes? Like, when Kirby enters a hurt animation obviously his eye changes to match. Is it possible to change what texture is used in the animations themselves or does some other factor control it?
AnmTexSrt
10PAUNCH!

Top Bottom