• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...GODDAMMIT!! If ONLY we could change Super Sonic's color!! DX

But it's still freakin' ****** nonetheless. I'll be using this until SA Sonic is finished. :3

Also wilt, since I'm testing out a few things with Shadow anyways, mind PMing me the fixed version of his run? I just wanna see how it looks with this moveset so far. I've FINALLY got some good ideas for the special attacks. :3

Edit: It sucks when you have to go around the censor filters to give someone a compliment. ¦D

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
when i change the running animation of sonic it works good but he ruuns then he stops for a second and then he run again then stop for a second and that every time
From what I've seen, this will happen no matter what you try to fix it. It's fine as is imo, actually makes more sense than running at a constant speed, no shaking or anything.

Haha.

But if it can be fixed I'll be glad. A ghetto fix would be to create set momentum on the frames where the character slows.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, does anybody know a place where people can answer my animation questions? This thread is of no help.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay, does anybody know a place where people can answer my animation questions? This thread is of no help.
If people don't answer your question, it's because they don't know the answer. To my knowledge, this is the best place to go for info on using BrawlBox, so you may be out of luck.

If you really think someone here will know the answer, try posting more details or a picture. Sorry, that's all I have to offer :/

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hrm.

If anyone didn't know, I just found out Diddy has a hidden animation like Fox and Falco.

SpecialLwLaugh. He laughs, somewhat...devilishly. D:

Appears Sakurai either wanted a misfire (WTF!!) or he wanted to let you know if both naners were out with this animation.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hrm.

If anyone didn't know, I just found out Diddy has a hidden animation like Fox and Falco.

SpecialLwLaugh. He laughs, somewhat...devilishly. D:

Appears Sakurai either wanted a misfire (WTF!!) or he wanted to let you know if both naners were out with this animation.
Nice find. I hope there is more.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
If people don't answer your question, it's because they don't know the answer. To my knowledge, this is the best place to go for info on using BrawlBox, so you may be out of luck.

If you really think someone here will know the answer, try posting more details or a picture. Sorry, that's all I have to offer :/
Details? I can do that.

The link to the wait1.chr0. Put it in the FitMotionetc and try it in-game yourself. He disappears so long as he is in his wait1 animation.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
ZSS Boobies beta v.1

I hope you guys get a kick outta the file name. I just need to know if I need to fix the positioning before I continue making further edits. For now it's just ZSS floating through the sea of regular FD textures.

I'm planning a few other edits, and maybe if I can find/make a decent texture for her....

My god this post is so inappropriate. XD
Test plz.

I think I'll make 3 versions of the stage. They'll have different poses too.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Well, all my questions thus far have been completely ignored, so let's see if this one is too.

I need some help changing the bone indexes. The only info on it I can find is about two sentences, which for obvious reasons isn't enough to work with.

But anyway, I need to swap Meta Ridley's Neck02N with ThrowN to fix his throws. So can someone please help this time?

Been done. Twice.
Same reason snap-back occurs. Look for an explanation here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259380. You have two options: change the animations, or change the action scripts.

when i change the running animation of sonic it works good but he ruuns then he stops for a second and then he run again then stop for a second and that every time

does anyone know how to fix it?
Interpolation isn't working yet.

Some people have lives, and aren't available all the time. That, or it's been answered already. Look here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259380

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
...GODDAMMIT!! If ONLY we could change Super Sonic's color!! DX

But it's still freakin' ****** nonetheless. I'll be using this until SA Sonic is finished. :3

Also wilt, since I'm testing out a few things with Shadow anyways, mind PMing me the fixed version of his run? I just wanna see how it looks with this moveset so far. I've FINALLY got some good ideas for the special attacks. :3

Edit: It sucks when you have to go around the censor filters to give someone a compliment. ¦D
Actually, I sorta managed to change super sonics color Here

its at the bottom

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Superyoshi, try making it. >_>

It was super hard, and it's not even done. Also, FrozenHobo, thanks, but he has no bones for the nose, I did my best to make it look like Mewtwo's head.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
alright. well it looks fine for what you have there. its too bad the shoulders can't be edited though, otherwise it would look even better.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Superyoshi, try making it. >_>

It was super hard, and it's not even done. Also, FrozenHobo, thanks, but he has no bones for the nose, I did my best to make it look like Mewtwo's head.
I never said I could do it better. :p Did you try editing the verticies yet?

I still need input on my ZSS before I move on. Could someone test it?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What are all the 'Unknown(number)s' in the information bit when you click on something?

Unknown 1, Unknown2, Unknown 4...what do their values mean?
Also is there any way that you can find out when say, a certain texture is applied to a certain model, for example the different faces of Peachs Turnips?

Also, I noticed in this animation data that in the StringEntries 1 and 2, they have all the data of the different Turnip textures in the (Collection bit) and the value of Unknown2 is 343

Sorry the quality is a bit poor, my computing skills are dreadful xD Does this mean anything at all?

Sorry if I'm getting on everyones nerves, I am determined to find out at least something about the seemingly random Turnip pulling
Reposting :x

Has anyone apart from me ever tried looking into the seemingly random mechanic behind Peachs Turnip pull? Surely someone has... :/

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Sounds like something for PSA. Maybe there's a subroutine for it?
There is, I've got it and asked several people to look at it but nobodyactually knows what happens or how it specifically works :/ I could post it here but its technically PSA

I can answer this one. Think about it, if we knew what they were, would they be called "unknown"?
Doesn't hurt to try. The only reason I'm asking is because pretty much with everything I've asked about her Turnips has resulted in people telling me they don't know :/

I really want to find out how the random thingy works (and find a way to abuse it of course) which is why I'm throwing questions all over the place xD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
There should be a thread around here called "article collab and hex help." (or something along those lines) Look on the second page or do a search. They should be able to help, if no one has found anything about it yet.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
DUEAUAGH
OMFG
Yeah, there was a little mishap with one of my Kirby textures. I swapped Kirby's Falco hat with Kirby's original model, I made a custom texture for it and... yergh... nyeeeh...

[insert picture here after I find out how to turn brawl snapshots into image files *hinthint*]

He looked like a cracked eggshell. It looked absolutely fine in Brawlbox:

(an original character by the way)
But looked messed up in-game.
Halp would be nice.

EDIT: His whole body only appears in-game when he's double jumping. And not even all of it shows up. His left arm is missing.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
DUEAUAGH
OMFG
Yeah, there was a little mishap with one of my Kirby textures. I swapped Kirby's Falco hat with Kirby's original model, I made a custom texture for it and... yergh... nyeeeh...

[insert picture here after I find out how to turn brawl snapshots into image files *hinthint*]

He looked like a cracked eggshell. It looked absolutely fine in Brawlbox:

(an original character by the way)
But looked messed up in-game.
Halp would be nice.
topi?

10ICs?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I don't think Kirby hats have a body. That is why it is messed up in game. As for your BB picture....well, today when I swapped ZSS with Final Destination, it still showed here textures even though I hadn't swapped them over yet. I think it is just an issue with BB.

You'll have to find another way to get the hat to stay. :/ Sorry if I'm not of much help here.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Don't worry about it. This sucks though...
Wait, would it have anything to do with the FitKirbyShd? They do have different bone indexes after all...
****, I make one good texture and it fails on me.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Don't worry about it. This sucks though...
Wait, would it have anything to do with the FitKirbyShd? They do have different bone indexes after all...
****, I make one good texture and it fails on me.
FitKirbyShd = Kirby's shadow

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Same reason snap-back occurs. Look for an explanation here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259380. You have two options: change the animations, or change the action scripts.
I highly appreciate the help, but quite frankly... I don't see how that would help. It works for bones with no polygons attached to them of course, but I can't really just move his neck all over the place... not a pretty sight.

So just changing animations is clearly not a option. Action scripts it is, then. Now I just need to know how....

Y'know, it's amazing how I never anticipate complications like this. You'd think that after a while it would be expected. Thank god for people that actually know what they're doing.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Can someone help me with the BSAR editor? How do you use it? Everytime i try to export a SE, i get an Error....

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
KingSlimeKnight and I have both asked this in another thread, but it seems to be getting no attention, is there any way to make BRSTM's louder with your converter?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
But the first post says it now has support for all the BSAR files? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuungh. more terrorism.

Any ways,just for a heads up, Wii SDK has alot of usefull tools..... like for Thp's...... And BSAR's....... yay.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Actually, I sorta managed to change super sonics color Here

its at the bottom
Hmm...Well I've been messing with it as best as I could to get my Hyper Sonic texture on it, but his head is still black and his eyes won't show. I'm assuming this has to do with palettes, but this is still annoying. XD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace

BSZ isn't the only one working on Mewtwo, except mine isn't using animations to resize, ive been vertex hacking all day lol. Yes, i do have the texture, but brawl box did'nt show the freatures well with lack of shading
the face is nowhere near complete

pokelover980

Smash Ace
But the first post says it now has support for all the BSAR files? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuungh. more terrorism.

Any ways,just for a heads up, Wii SDK has alot of usefull tools..... like for Thp's...... And BSAR's....... yay.
I thought the SE were brstm, not bsar :U

Top Bottom