• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I have been patient, but I can not seem to ADD Stage Collisions. Where exactly am I supposed to "Hold Alt and Left-Click " at?

I Alt+click on one collision and drag but nothing comes from it. I Alt+Click the empty space but nothing appears.
Heh, I am not sure if it is in the works... because I thought it could already be done. I guess I did not read maybe. Thanks for reading this.
Hmm.. weird working for me fine try not dragging and see what happens
Kryal i look forward to the model rebuilder and i wondering do you think you could add srt0 editing in the near future?
Oh i also fourth the scene data request

Kryal

Smash Ace
Wait really? I figured that would just eventually get put in. I've always hoped to get support for the scene data, such as lighting, fog, etc. I didn't realize that no one had mentioned it :p.
Oh, and it will, everything will. However, I weigh the importance of certain features based on feedback I get from everyone.

Kryal, I've got a semi-bug to report.

If the last file I edited was in a location where I had a shortcut to my SD card, and my SD card is not plugged in:

Of course, seeing it just once wouldn't annoy me, but it seriously appears more than ten times, only to do the same thing(Work normally) afterward. This only happens if I try to bring up the Open dialogue, but if I open it just double-clicking in explorer, I don't have a problem.
This is because the program remembers the last folder you used, and tries to open it. It's not really a bug, it's just how the .net framework handles file dialogs. It doesn't seem to happen all the time though, so I don't know exactly what causes it.

Kryal, why is it that SmashBox 0.57 can read smashbros_sound.brsar (for the mostpart) just fine, but 0.63 completely chokes on it (displays incorrect information)?

I also second the request for sound import/export, and if you could look into moving offsets around so we can replace longer/shorter files, that would be awesome, although I have to assume you've already done this with every other format that BrawlBox understands.
The information is the same, just organized differently. The sound entries aren't linked to the sound files which is why you can't export audio files directly. When the brsar rebuilder is complete you can do whatever you want with it.

Glad to help
Bug report for you kryal adding new models causes freezing i opened a unedited final destination pac added a new model via brawlbox and it froze on me
You mean the program freezes or the game?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Bug report:
The rotations were originally 90 0 90
EDIT:
I see what you mean. As I have said before, don't edit the bind pose. Instead, edit animations. In order to edit the bind pose properly, vertices have to be de-skinned and then re-skinned to the new bone structure. The reason why doing this is silly, is because the animations will make any changes to the bind pose useless anyways.

Chances are, if you load that model up in the game it will look very similar to the messed-up one.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The information is the same, just organized differently. The sound entries aren't linked to the sound files which is why you can't export audio files directly. When the brsar rebuilder is complete you can do whatever you want with it.
Wait, when the WHAT is done? Who is working on this? O_o

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Lol, that's not Kryal's fault.
Well, it kinda is. BrawlBox imports models to a folder called Models rather than the 3DModels used by every other model in the game. This causes the game to freeze.

I do remember Mewtwo 2000 made this error report a while back, and Kryal said he would fix it, but it hasn't to my knowledge.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Wait, when the WHAT is done? Who is working on this? O_o
Nobody is working on this. I will get to it after models are done.

Well, it kinda is. BrawlBox imports models to a folder called Models rather than the 3DModels used by every other model in the game. This causes the game to freeze.

I do remember Mewtwo 2000 made this error report a while back, and Kryal said he would fix it, but it hasn't to my knowledge.
That's been fixed.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If the last file I edited was in a location where I had a shortcut to my SD card, and my SD card is not plugged in:
*img*
Of course, seeing it just once wouldn't annoy me, but it seriously appears more than ten times, only to do the same thing(Work normally) afterward. This only happens if I try to bring up the Open dialogue, but if I open it just double-clicking in explorer, I don't have a problem.
I have this exact same issue. For example, if in my Stages folder, I have a shortcut to my SD card, I'll get that image, and as E-Jolteon said, it happens like, 10-15 times.

Edit: Whoops. Double post. My bad.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Feature Requests(That I could do but haven't because im dumb):
Multi-file texture and model import.
BrawlBox.exe -dumptex FILENAME
BrawlBox.exe -dumpall FILENAME

Kryal

Smash Ace
I have this exact same issue. For example, if in my Stages folder, I have a shortcut to my SD card, I'll get that image, and as E-Jolteon said, it happens like, 10-15 times.

Edit: Whoops. Double post. My bad.
It happened to me once, but now I can't get it to break again. I'll keep an eye out for it, but sometimes you can make it go away the first time by clicking cancel. It may just be a problem on XP.

Feature Requests(That I could do but haven't because im dumb):
Multi-file texture and model import.
BrawlBox.exe -dumptex FILENAME
BrawlBox.exe -dumpall FILENAME
That will be really easy to do when the resource grouping it set up. You could open a file, click the textures tab, Export/Replace all.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Kryal, but sometimes you need to import specific textures.
Could we also get a "Export all textures used in this model" and a "Remove all textures only referenced by this model" option?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
May I also request a feature that makes you import all textures which names them automaticly, based on the file name? Such as, if you want to import three textures named Coconut1, CoconutBook and CoconutCompact (Random), which are all in jpg, it would import the files and use the names without the extension. That would save A LOT of work instead of importing 50+ textures one by one and renaming them all.

mario6420072

Smash Cadet
Kryal, I have discovered a bug (well, at least I think it's a bug):
If you try to extract a file contained in a EFLS MiscData this will happen:

This is the error:
See the end of this message for details on how to invoke debugging
Just-In-Time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)
in System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal (Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
in System.Win32.SafeHandle.ErrorCheck ()
in BrawlLib.IO.wFileMap .. ctor (VoidPtr hFile, FileMapProtect protect, Int64 offset, UInt32 length)
in BrawlLib.IO.FileMap.FromStream (FileStream stream, FileMapProtect prot, Int32 offset, Int32 length)
in BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Export (FileStream outStream)
in BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Export (String outPath)
in BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.OnExport (String outPath, Int32 FilterIndex)
in BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.Export ()
in BrawlBox.GenericWrapper.ExportAction (Object sender, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent (Object key, EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick (EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick (EventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp (MouseEventArgs e)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive (EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent (EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp (MouseEventArgs mea)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp (MouseEventArgs mea)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp (Message & m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (Message & m)
in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback (IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies ************** **************
mscorlib
Assembly version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly version: 0.63.3691.33774
Win32 Version: 0.63.3.0
Code base: file: / / / C: / Documents% 20and% 20Settings/All% 20Users/Documentos/DAVID/BrawlBox% 20v0.63d/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly version: 0.10.3691.33773
Win32 Version: 0.10.3.0
Code base: file: / / / C: / Documents% 20and% 20Settings/All% 20Users/Documentos/DAVID/BrawlBox% 20v0.63d/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
System.Resources
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
System.Xml
Code base: file: / / / C: / WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable debugging Just In Time (JIT), the configuration file of this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set out in section system.windows.forms.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</ configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
instead of being handled by this dialog box.
(This text has been translated from spanish to english)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hey Kryal, could you add support for more MiscData? In STGEDIT_#.pacs, for example, the collision data for the spikes refers to MiscData that doesn't have a defined file type in Brawl Box yet. If we can edit this MiscData, we would be able to create more dynamic stages, like weaken hazards, create more unique hazards, etc.

If I need to pics will be provided.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'd like to request brawlbox support for editing stage hazards but I really don't think its that simple. Nobody knows where the hitbox data for the hazards is located within the levels.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Just a guess, but I'd say that if its not in the stage pac, then its in the rel.
Has anyone tried getting hit by the bull-thing on KuroBit's Hyrule Temple 64 ported over to Bridge of Eldin? It exists still and so do all the Twlight effects, so I think all of that stuff is in the .rel.

Maybe OpenSA and Brawlbox can combine like Brawlwall and Brawlbox did, because the MiscData[0] in each moveset .pac is the thing that you edit in PSA, so maybe that would help in uniting all the Brawl tools into one super tool.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
The stage was ported over to be played on Bridge of Eldin's pac, so the effects would likely still exist (just like how sandbag appears on WWR ported stages). Editing the Eldin rel to allow that stage to be played over Eldin wouldn't yield those results.

Then again, the sandbag doesn't appear on any WWR stage used with the roster expansion system...

Also, libertyernie modified the final destination rel. to load a final destination based stage over Flat Zone. After he renamed the rel, he tried playing on Flat Zone and all the characters were flat anyway.

The being flat thing isn't a hazard nor a hitbox, but this still makes me wonder how the game does it if it isn't the rel or the stage pac.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Bug report(I would be putting this where it's supposed to go, but I don't remember my login).

For some reason, at certain times, I try to copy a frame from one animation to another and it just doesn't paste. I keep on pressing the paste button but it doesn't work. Like say I take frame 2 from animations A and copy it to Frame 2 of Animation B, it wont paste.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but you could implement a brres-fusion system

I mean, you have a texturedata[0] with textures A-G, and a texturedata[1] with textures H-M, and make a new texturedata[2] with textures A-M

This would be useful for stage hacking

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Hey Kryal, this is kind of random but I made an icon for my shortcut to BrawlBox.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbzmtedntj2
I kind of have OCD for all of my related files to a program sharing a unique icon for that program.
Maybe you could use this icon for BrawlBox?
That way all files associated with it won't have that generic boring icon.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'd like to request brawlbox support for editing stage hazards but I really don't think its that simple. Nobody knows where the hitbox data for the hazards is located within the levels.
I'm fairly sure it is all located in the stage.pac. See my post above yours for why I think that.

So yeah, it would be nice if we could edit them.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I wanted to put a monster on the SSE Jungle stage, he's there, but too small. Another problem is I don't know how the game reads what animation to use for stages. Anyone know?

eggman12

Smash Rookie
I'm doing a 2d stage in brawlbox but i would create a lava collision like norfair .
Is that possible in brawlbox or an other application ?

gameKid10000

Smash Rookie
Hey, I just started using Brawlbox the other day, but I have a question I can't seem to find ANYWHERE on the Internet after looking for two days: how do you actually get the BrawlBox stuff (character pacs and whatnot) INTO the game? Is it with Homebrew? If so, what app? If not, what is it?

This is probably a question for somewhere else, and probably an obvious question, but yeah...
I appreciate any help!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
This is probably a question for somewhere else, and probably an obvious question, but yeah...
I appreciate any help!
Wrong place, but you do need the Hombrew channel and GeckoOS. Google is your friend.

Anyway, Kryal, I had a tick just now...
What about .FBX format for models? That format packs pretty much any resources about a model, even animations and textures in that one file, and from what I understand, it's a very popular format. I know 3dsmax uses it, and I'm about 90% sure Blender and Maya do, and those are the most popular programs.

There's also the pressing issue that the Collada format(the version other rippers use) isn't commonly supported anymore; I have to use 3dsmax 2008 for it.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Hey, I just started using Brawlbox the other day, but I have a question I can't seem to find ANYWHERE on the Internet after looking for two days: how do you actually get the BrawlBox stuff (character pacs and whatnot) INTO the game? Is it with Homebrew? If so, what app? If not, what is it?

I appreciate any help!
Use the File Replacement code(loaded through gecko os[a homebrew application]) to load the changed files from an SD card rather than the disc.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, could you add support for more MiscData? In STGEDIT_#.pacs, for example, the collision data for the spikes refers to MiscData that doesn't have a defined file type in Brawl Box yet. If we can edit this MiscData, we would be able to create more dynamic stages, like weaken hazards, create more unique hazards, etc.

If I need to pics will be provided.
All formats will eventually have support. I'm only one person.

Maybe OpenSA and Brawlbox can combine like Brawlwall and Brawlbox did, because the MiscData[0] in each moveset .pac is the thing that you edit in PSA, so maybe that would help in uniting all the Brawl tools into one super tool.
BrawlBox has never been and never will merge with other projects. All code and techniques are proprietary, with the exception of code pieces used from the Gimp and NVTT source for image processing.

Hey Kryal, this is kind of random but I made an icon for my shortcut to BrawlBox.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kbzmtedntj2
I kind of have OCD for all of my related files to a program sharing a unique icon for that program.
Maybe you could use this icon for BrawlBox?
That way all files associated with it won't have that generic boring icon.
I cannot use an icon that is based on the official logo.

Kryal, I have discovered a bug (well, at least I think it's a bug):
If you try to extract a file contained in a EFLS MiscData this will happen:
You can't export EFLS data, because there is none. It's just a string.

May I also request a feature that makes you import all textures which names them automaticly, based on the file name? Such as, if you want to import three textures named Coconut1, CoconutBook and CoconutCompact (Random), which are all in jpg, it would import the files and use the names without the extension. That would save A LOT of work instead of importing 50+ textures one by one and renaming them all.
Yes, eventually there will be better batch commands.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Alright, would you mind if I created a custom one then?
The icons will be redesigned as a last step and will integrate with the OS shell for each file type. If you would like to design the whole icon set that would be great. Reason I say that is because all the icons need to have the same feel, and will need to look seamless in the new interface. New icons will also be added as time goes on.

Top Bottom