• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
Should I defrag my sd card? I've noticed a lot of freezing lately and i never used to have this problem, and when I checked out my sd card it was fragmented.Also, what file system should it be? Fat, Fat32, something else or does it matter?
be sure to backup all from your SD card to your computer.

Then format it as FAT.

humble

Smash Ace
Okay, I am trying to edit vertices with BrawlBox.

I followed all the steps, got it to load in Anim8r properly, moved the vertices to where I wanted, saved it over the DDV.3ds, and dasdonkey successfully converted it back to an mdl0. However when I attempt to replace the characters model with my new edited one, I get this error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Pointer startIndex and length do not refer to a valid string.
Parameter name: ptr.

[Continue] [Quit]"

If I click continue, it errors and can't load anything from the model, no polygons, vertices, etc. If I quit, brawlbox quits. What do I do to get around this/get it to work properly? what am I doing wrong? I am using brawlbox v0.63d btw.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
This is more of a general Q and A thing I guess, well, here it goes. Does anyone think they can help me with animating? I want to start....maybe also go over PSA with me?

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Question: Is it possible for PAL-Users to make some 2D Brawlbox-Stages that will work on NTSC-U and PAL? I have some ideas in mind,which I want to do.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Sorry, I know I posted this before, but it kind of got buried. How would I change the text in Resetti's speech bubble? Also, my Resetti model won't even preview. I know that it's hexed, as all the others are, and unless the person was very lazy, this one should be too.

Matteron

Smash Ace
Um...does anyone know how to edit hit boxes? Red and yellow pikmin work fine, but blue, his hit boxes take up the whole stage, you can hit him from anywhere you want.

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
I seriously need some helps

question1
How the hell can I make animation loop in brawl?

question 2
how can I animate the textures just like it was .gif?

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
How do i replace sonics name with my custom Shadow name in the ingame brawl? belwo the portrait while playing the game. If that makes sinces lmao.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I have BrawlBox on a Flash Drive, and I have the Fighter Folder from Brawl+'s Official Site, but I can't seem to find Sonic's Body Texture(s), I have searched through his .pac, and cannot find the body Textures anywhere, where are they and how do I open the the Texture Editor?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I edited a bunch of text and crap, but when I saved it and reopened it later all the text was ****ed up.

Instead of:

<color=333333FF>Sharp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

It looks like this

<color=333333FF,,,>rp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

Can anyone help?

~Star~

Smash Rookie
Um...
I'm sort of new to this, and I'm not very bright... so... bear with me, please.

I have a lot of questions to ask, (Yes, I'm a real n00b at this).

Well, its mostly about SSBB...
Well, My Homebrew Channel and cheats are working fine, but the problem is that I have no idea where to store the PAC files in my USB... and I don't know what to use to open it, either. (The exact file I downloaded was the Hyper Sonic Pack, and before you ask, yes, I extracted the files and put them on my USB... I just dunno where to put it, and the folders I have are apps(Which contain cheatmanager, codedownloader, and Gecko1931.

The other folders I have is bootmii, codes, txtcodes, and wiiload))

I thought that I had to store the folder in cheatmanager, in my apps, but, it didn't work. I tried putting the folder in codedownloader, and Gecko1931 too.

Um, so, can you please answer me where do I put the folders? Step by step, and please go easy on me, >.> I'm a simple minded n00b...

Thanks you! ^_^

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Um...
I'm sort of new to this, and I'm not very bright... so... bear with me, please.

I have a lot of questions to ask, (Yes, I'm a real n00b at this).

Well, its mostly about SSBB...
Well, My Homebrew Channel and cheats are working fine, but the problem is that I have no idea where to store the PAC files in my USB... and I don't know what to use to open it, either. (The exact file I downloaded was the Hyper Sonic Pack, and before you ask, yes, I extracted the files and put them on my USB... I just dunno where to put it, and the folders I have are apps(Which contain cheatmanager, codedownloader, and Gecko1931.

The other folders I have is bootmii, codes, txtcodes, and wiiload))

I thought that I had to store the folder in cheatmanager, in my apps, but, it didn't work. I tried putting the folder in codedownloader, and Gecko1931 too.

Um, so, can you please answer me where do I put the folders? Step by step, and please go easy on me, >.> I'm a simple minded n00b...

Thanks you! ^_^
make a folder call it 'private' then inside it make a folder called 'wii' then 'app' then 'RSBE' then 'pf' then 'fighter' then 'sonic' put files in there

~Star~

Smash Rookie
make a folder call it 'private' then inside it make a folder called 'wii' then 'app' then 'RSBE' then 'pf' then 'fighter' then 'sonic' put files in there
Then you go to Homebrew, launch SSBB from Gecko, and I'm done... right?
Or no?

~Star~

Smash Rookie
Yeah just load brawl and you should be fine
It says that no SD codes were found... -.-
((Edit:)) Also, Sonic is still the same when I play the game.

**By the way**
I made a private folder.
Inside of it is the Wii folder.
Inside that is the app folder.
Inside that is RSBE folder and so on.
Did I do anything wrong?

By the way, I put in the "Hyper Sonic Outfits" folder. Was I supposed to put in only the files in there? Or it doesn't matter that the there is an extra folder(Hyper Sonic Outfits) that lead to it?
Should I delete the folder and only put the files in there?

Again... Sorry for asking so many(sometimes obvious or stupid) questions.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I edited a bunch of text and crap, but when I saved it and reopened it later all the text was ****ed up.

Instead of:

<color=333333FF>Sharp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

It looks like this

<color=333333FF,,,>rp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

It shows like this for all the text and shows up like that in game, too. Can anyone help? I'd like to get back to working on this...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I know Model Swapping has been already answered, but this pertains to a particular pair of characters. Namely Ganondorf and Zelda.

I am thinking of trying to swap Zelda's Skirt onto Ganondorf so I can use it as a kilt for a "Irish Ganondorf Texture", the problem is not only am I noobish in using BrawlBox in general, I don't know how I would append Zelda's skirt onto the G-man.

...Interesting thought I just had, if we could consistently model swap Zelda's Skirt and shorten it, we could make textures for characters usually seen wearing Hakama or other such clothing.

Anyhow, any suggestions about doing that?

Swift Fox Smash!

Smash Apprentice
It says that no SD codes were found... -.-
((Edit:)) Also, Sonic is still the same when I play the game.

**By the way**
I made a private folder.
Inside of it is the Wii folder.
Inside that is the app folder.
Inside that is RSBE folder and so on.
Did I do anything wrong?

By the way, I put in the "Hyper Sonic Outfits" folder. Was I supposed to put in only the files in there? Or it doesn't matter that the there is an extra folder(Hyper Sonic Outfits) that lead to it?
Should I delete the folder and only put the files in there?

Again... Sorry for asking so many(sometimes obvious or stupid) questions.
Make sure you have cheat code called "file patch", it will force wii to read things from SD card and replace over existing things in brawl temporarily.

And the path for sonic must be like this:
Code:
SD > private > wii > APP > RSBE > pf > fighter > sonic > FitSonic##.pac
.pac can be either an uncompressed .pac or the compressed one ".pcs"

## can be ranged from 00 to 05, FitSonic00 is the default one.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Well, I attempted to replace textures several times today, but I kept getting errors. They are PNG files when I edit them, as I need them in a format that a Mac can read.

What I can tell you they said is this. One said "Out of Memory" for it's reason and the other was that "The file couldn't be found, even though the file I was using to replace the textures was right there.

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'm messing with the norfair stage. Can anyone tell me how to change the color of the spurts of lava that occur every once and a while? The textures don't appear to have any effect on it.

That, and can someone explain how the lights work? I can see how to edit them, but the values are unlabeled, so I have no real idea what to do with them.

EDIT: Quick examination shows that I'll need to modify the hex, can anyone tell me how to locate the appropriate variables within the file?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This happened while trying to save a modified STGMANSION.pac; would anyone know the problem?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

This happened while trying to save a modified STGMANSION.pac; would anyone know the problem?
don't use save try saving it as a different name and if you get a error trying that save it as a different name

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I tried saving after every operation I did (removing all ModelData besides 1, 100, and 101, and replaced 1 with the ToS2 stage) and it was fine up until I did a y-axis rotation and a scale resize.
"Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key."
I believe nw4r_root is the main bone which scales everything (in the ToS2 mdl0). I'm not sure why this is happening. Perhaps I'm not using the right method for resizing?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I tried saving after every operation I did (removing all ModelData besides 1, 100, and 101, and replaced 1 with the ToS2 stage) and it was fine up until I did a y-axis rotation and a scale resize.
"Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key."
I believe nw4r_root is the main bone which scales everything (in the ToS2 mdl0). I'm not sure why this is happening. Perhaps I'm not using the right method for resizing?
Hmm... try it from scratch again and try saving before you try rotating it and scaling then after it saves save it once you rotate it and then after you scale it
As for the value cannon be null thing i'm not sure how to fix that

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
FairKnight has been having problems with some ToS2 stages also (I'm not sure if it's the same issues). I might ask Blayd how he got Ginugagap (spelling awesomeness) working and go off that.
For now, I'll give this a shot.

EDIT: Value cannot be null junk is still happening after both a rotation and resize separately. Memory corruption isn't happening though. I may PM Blayd about it.

EDIT2: Oh what the heck? When I rotated the root bone, closed the model viewer, and opened it again it was perfectly fine. I tried to save as and it corrupts on me.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Okay i need a help with fixing my Tails model. I got the model from Green Hill Zone background and gave itbones everything works, but his model dosent show up unless you get a smash ball (Note his tails will show but no body) If i get a smash ball i can see it and it works but without its just two floating tails. If anyone knows how to fix it plz tell.here is video and download if you want to try to tweak with it.
http://zeonteam.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/tails-working/

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
So I'm in the process of trying to finish up this texture but I ran into some bugs.

[collapse="screenshot"]

[/collapse]

but on night smashville it comes up like

which is pretty bad when its supposed to be pink lights.

whats REALLY odd is the fact the lights on the platform work but the lights on the main stage don't

I can send the .pac over aim if needed.

Helpsies?

I'd be cool if I got this done before I got to my tournament today buts its alright if not :<

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I know Model Swapping has been already answered, but this pertains to a particular pair of characters. Namely Ganondorf and Zelda.

I am thinking of trying to swap Zelda's Skirt onto Ganondorf so I can use it as a kilt for a "Irish Ganondorf Texture", the problem is not only am I noobish in using BrawlBox in general, I don't know how I would append Zelda's skirt onto the G-man.

...Interesting thought I just had, if we could consistently model swap Zelda's Skirt and shorten it, we could make textures for characters usually seen wearing Hakama or other such clothing.

Anyhow, any suggestions about doing that?
Repost. Since it seems to have been ignored or not seen.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
So I'm in the process of trying to finish up this texture but I ran into some bugs.

[collapse="screenshot"]

[/collapse]

but on night smashville it comes up like

IMAGE/IMG]

which is pretty bad when its supposed to be pink lights.

whats REALLY odd is the fact the lights on the platform work but the lights on the main stage don't

I can send the .pac over aim if needed.

Helpsies?

I'd be cool if I got this done before I got to my tournament today buts its alright if not :<[/QUOTE]
Send me a pac and the original pic you used i think i know what's the problem

[quote="Beren Zaiga, post: 9809036"]Repost. Since it seems to have been ignored or not seen.[/QUOTE]
Polygon swapping requires a good bit of knowledge on hexing wait for Kryal to finish the new version on brawlbox and it should be very easy

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Okay. Now I want to try Vertex Hacking.

Mainly because I would like to do the following.

1. Make a Drachma Texture for Ganondorf
2. Make a Chun-Li Texture for Zelda or Peach.
3.Make a Vyse Texture for Marth.
4. Make a better looking Roll Texture for ZSS (IE. Change the leg and arm shapes.)

Top Bottom