• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay so i got really bored and decided the swap everything from ness to giga bowser it somewhat worked the only problem is that ness has giga bowser's animations even though i replaced the motion file and named it FitGkoopaMotionEtc. any ideas or is it hard coded into the game?
I also named it FirGKoopaMotion.pac and nothing any body got any ideas?
Also i was wondering if an animation hit the end of the number of frames it's supposed to animate will it loop from the beginning?
example of what i'm trying to say if if i animate some for idk 90 frames and the stage animations have a couple thousand will what i animated just stop or will it loop for the beginning?

rED023b

Smash Apprentice
NNID
himanattsu
to make brstms goto file -> new ->
brstm good guide to making brstms
Go here for character textures
when you find the character you want to edit download the .pac inside should be a .brres called texture data find a picture and right-click and hit export edit it to your hearts desire and then right-click import the texture
For the link on MediaFire, It seems that I can't dl it without paying for MediaPro. Is there a mirror for the texture files (i.e. MegaUpload or RapidShare)?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Do you mean this?

Because if so, it doesn't work. :(
Textures1 and Textures2 point to Materials1 and Materials2, respectively, not to the actual textures themselves, so editing them won't work for what you want (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There might be something else that points to the textures themselves that you can edit, but I don't know where or what that would be.

Probably. Just swap it out with one from like Battlefield to get normal items....I think.
That actually freezes the game for some reason.

I also named it FirGKoopaMotion.pac and nothing any body got any ideas?
Also i was wondering if an animation hit the end of the number of frames it's supposed to animate will it loop from the beginning?
example of what i'm trying to say if if i animate some for idk 90 frames and the stage animations have a couple thousand will what i animated just stop or will it loop for the beginning?
I don't know if that's another typo, but it is supposed to be named FitGKoopaMotion.pac. As for your other question, the animation will continue until it reaches the full framecount.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I don't know if that's another typo, but it is supposed to be named FitGKoopaMotion.pac. As for your other question, the animation will continue until it reaches the full framecount.
I hate my new labtop when it comes to typing i've been making lots of typos lately DX stupid keyboard
But is there a way to keep the animations constantly looping and not stopping once it reaches the end of the frame count?
And one last thing i was editing my realm of lucas stage out of sheer boredom all my edits have worked until recently when i edited the animations and tried it in-game it froze and i have no idea way i changed it back to before i edited anything it froze then i changed it back freeze anybody mind taking a look at it?
Here's the file i edited when it first started to freeze

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I hate my new labtop when it comes to typing i've been making lots of typos lately DX stupid keyboard
But is there a way to keep the animations constantly looping and not stopping once it reaches the end of the frame count?
If you want your stage to loop without stopping, lower the total framecount and make it end when the animation ends.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
ok so I posted this question here a long time ago (page 7 to be specific lol) so I'll repost it here in case somebody cna answer it now for me...

ok im pretty new to this so nvm me if i sound noobish...
k so i am trying to load Mew onto any character (besides alloys) and he worked on both olimar and ice climbers (sorta)... the thing is, whenever i try using forward b or dair or some other motions with olimar as mew, it freezes... im not sure but i think i saw somewhere that this is unfixable... is this true? he also cant shield so thats a bummer... when i loaded him on ice climbers, he couldn't shield either but i couldn't see him (he was invisible while nana was visible... weird O.o) anybody know how to fix this yet? if not, then does anybody know how to make him visible on the ice climbers and how to delete nana?

I also heard that Mew can load over Pikachu, which I attempted and failed for some odd reason... I tried to replace Pikachu with Kid Goku (who has 106 bones) and it didn't work either... I'm assuming theres some specific procedure for replacing Pikachu that I am not aware of or maybe I simply screwed up on both of my attempts... so if there is something specific for replacing Pikachu, does anybody know what would that be?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
ok so I posted this question here a long time ago (page 7 to be specific lol) so I'll repost it here in case somebody cna answer it now for me...

ok im pretty new to this so nvm me if i sound noobish...
k so i am trying to load Mew onto any character (besides alloys) and he worked on both olimar and ice climbers (sorta)... the thing is, whenever i try using forward b or dair or some other motions with olimar as mew, it freezes... im not sure but i think i saw somewhere that this is unfixable... is this true? he also cant shield so thats a bummer... when i loaded him on ice climbers, he couldn't shield either but i couldn't see him (he was invisible while nana was visible... weird O.o) anybody know how to fix this yet? if not, then does anybody know how to make him visible on the ice climbers and how to delete nana?

I also heard that Mew can load over Pikachu, which I attempted and failed for some odd reason... I tried to replace Pikachu with Kid Goku (who has 106 bones) and it didn't work either... I'm assuming theres some specific procedure for replacing Pikachu that I am not aware of or maybe I simply screwed up on both of my attempts... so if there is something specific for replacing Pikachu, does anybody know what would that be?
Freezing might be caused by olimar's fighter pac not sure
as for pikachu if you're going to model swap the swap has to have more bones than the original

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
so... is there a fix for the olimar problem? because I don't know what to do with it...
and yes I know that about pikachu, I replaced him with goku who has 105 bones and it still didn't work... theres something more to it that I am unaware of...

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
I want to edit final destination but I don't have it on my sd card. can anyone tell me how to move the stages in brawl onto the sd card??

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
so... is there a fix for the olimar problem? because I don't know what to do with it...
and yes I know that about pikachu, I replaced him with goku who has 105 bones and it still didn't work... theres something more to it that I am unaware of...
I'm not too sure on things concerning model replacing just wait til this weekend when the new brawlbox is released you're problem should be solved when it comes out

I want to edit final destination but I don't have it on my sd card. can anyone tell me how to move the stages in brawl onto the sd card??
Look through here

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
alright, I've been doing some selmap.pac editing and I've run into a few problems:

1) I can't seem to add more indexes to the pac. i.e. I cannot add an entirely new set of textures in miscdata[80] with a new index and use that (as well as PW's expansion code) to make a new set of icons. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just that I can't actually do this?

2) I edited the MenSelmapIcon of hanenbow, and although all 3 icons that use it change properly (i.e. the ones that have icon indexes of 1F, 20, and 21 on the stage selection code thing), it immediately freezes whenever I choose any of these stages. what's going on there?

and finally 3) I can't seem to get my custom MenSelmapPrevbase image to work. What do you have to do to get it right?

lots of questions... I probably should have asked them one at a time, but ah, well.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
ok, so i just spent 4 hours editing my character portraits for all my hacks and I put it in and now it freezes when I try to go to the brawl character select... I don't know what I did wrong I tried two out and they worked fine so I went back and did like all fourty custom portraits. Now I can't get ti to work, I'm so tired I just need help haha. All the sizes and formats are correct btw. any other ideas?

I'm editing the common5.pac btw

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
alright, I've been doing some selmap.pac editing and I've run into a few problems:

1) I can't seem to add more indexes to the pac. i.e. I cannot add an entirely new set of textures in miscdata[80] with a new index and use that (as well as PW's expansion code) to make a new set of icons. Am I doing something wrong, or is it just that I can't actually do this?

2) I edited the MenSelmapIcon of hanenbow, and although all 3 icons that use it change properly (i.e. the ones that have icon indexes of 1F, 20, and 21 on the stage selection code thing), it immediately freezes whenever I choose any of these stages. what's going on there?

and finally 3) I can't seem to get my custom MenSelmapPrevbase image to work. What do you have to do to get it right?

lots of questions... I probably should have asked them one at a time, but ah, well.
1. Game can't read the new things added yet

2.Are they the same file dimensions as the original? like 64x64?

3.Same as 2

ok, so i just spent 4 hours editing my character portraits for all my hacks and I put it in and now it freezes when I try to go to the brawl character select... I don't know what I did wrong I tried two out and they worked fine so I went back and did like all fourty custom portraits. Now I can't get ti to work, I'm so tired I just need help haha. All the sizes and formats are correct btw. any other ideas?

I'm editing the common5.pac btw
File Size me thinks look at an unedited one and the one you edited and see if there's a filesize difference

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
1. Game can't read the new things added yet

2.Are they the same file dimensions as the original? like 64x64?

3.Same as 2
1) aww... oh, well.

2) the images themselves are the same dimensions, and even work properly when placed over another stage. It just freezes when I actually select the stage if it's replacing the hanenbow icon (it doesn't freeze until I actually select the stage), and I don't know why. here's a link to the image

3) yeah, I took the original, shrunk a screenshot down to be the same size, and did all sorts of other stuff, but I can't get it to work.Here's a link to the image.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Does it need to be the same exact size? because mine is 11922KB and the original is 11.6 megabytes.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Does it need to be the same exact size? because mine is 11922KB and the original is 11.6 megabytes.
no exactly the same but has to be pretty close
Oh i think i may have found how to make animations keep looping regardless of other animations got to try it out though
And got a question how do i make collisions attach to bone i feel stupid asking this but can't seem to find it
EDIT: tried the looping thing and it worked just put a one under unknown 2

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some of the contents inside common5.pac are compressed. Therefore, it's quite likely that the file will use less memory than normal if you make edits to the portraits.

P.S.: You can also use sc_selcharacter.pac all by itself to store your custom portraits.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I fully hexed the Coconut Mall from Mario Kart Wii. The brres files and MDL0 files.
Now I want to replace the old MDL0's with the hexed MDL0's in the brres file. But when I save it I get messages like:

- Pointer startindex and length do not refer to a valid string. Parameter name: ptr
- Value cannot be null Parameter: key

It will save eventually, however when I open the brres file again the old MDL0's are still there.

EDIT: Also I noticed alot of separate MDL0 files for this stage causing alot of white in this course. How can this be fixed? Textures are already imported.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
How would I change the text in Resetti's speech bubble? Also, my Resetti model won't even preview. I know that it's hexed, as all the others are, and unless the person was very lazy, this one should be too.

humble

Smash Ace
Ok, I have a few questions:

1) Where is Ness's Yo-yo stored?
2) Is there any way to animate it and use it in more moves?
3) When previewing him in BB, his yo yo seems to be attached to his throw-N bone. What do I do to make it appear in an animation, how do I give it active hitboxes?

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
how do I turn the camera around? I need to look behind the custom Y.Link animation I'm making

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Turn camera with right click.

ok when i try to insert custom CSS icon for when i select the character, it freezes! Why?

Shadow over Sonic si what im doing Xander sent the pics and such.

humble

Smash Ace
Turn camera with right click.

ok when i try to insert custom CSS icon for when i select the character, it freezes! Why?

Shadow over Sonic si what im doing Xander sent the pics and such.
You move camera with right clicking and dragging, you turn the camera by holding Ctrl and dragging.

Are they the right dimensions? Did you label them correctly and place them in the correct spot?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Yeah their the right size, right spot.he sent me pics and it freezes when i do anything with them. on brawl.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
ok i have a simple and noob question that will probably be easy to answer, how to i add a new collision in brawlbox

Brawler1207

Smash Rookie
I am trying to add CSPs to my Brawl Game but when I add them into Brawl Box and save it do I save it as common5.pac or common5_en.pac, also when I play the game with common5.pac it freezes when I want to play Brawl,Classic, or Training.

Can anyone please give me a guide on how to do this.

What files must I download, and etc.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I am trying to add CSPs to my Brawl Game but when I add them into Brawl Box and save it do I save it as common5.pac or common5_en.pac, also when I play the game with common5.pac it freezes when I want to play Brawl,Classic, or Training.

Can anyone please give me a guide on how to do this.

What files must I download, and etc.
common5.pac save it in pf/system
let me find a youtube guide on how to make it properly

Brawler1207

Smash Rookie
Thanks but I still have a problem with common5.pac it still freezes the game when I go to Brawl or Classic or anything else.

Also thank you for looking

P.S. Do you think you can show me all the files I need please?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Thanks but I still have a problem with common5.pac it still freezes the game when I go to Brawl or Classic or anything else.

Also thank you for looking

P.S. Do you think you can show me all the files I need please?
Guide
what do you mean all the files you need if you're only doing csps the common5 is the only one you need

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
How would I go about changing the boundaries and camera limits on a stage? I'm particularly looking at the re-sized Corneria that (sorry, I can't find the post showing this) someone did and I liked a lot. I really want to fix it up and remove the freeze bugs.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
How would I go about changing the boundaries and camera limits on a stage? I'm particularly looking at the re-sized Corneria that (sorry, I can't find the post showing this) someone did and I liked a lot. I really want to fix it up and remove the freeze bugs.
modeldata 100 the bones are the camera positions and such

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Thanks.
Oh wow. Is there a possible way to see the Great Fox model at the same time while editing these? Or perhaps is there a way to look at the x value of a collision point on the Great Fox (like the left edge) and use that as a reference for the camera's x?
EDIT: Ok, so there are positions for both cameras' x and y's. I'll try to work off that if I can get position values off the collisions in the coll.data
EDIT2: Drat, I can't find a reference off the tip/cockpit of the Great Fox. The only bone I can get references for is the laser guns.

Screw it, I decided to just test some random camera angles a bit farther than usual. I'll give it a shot myself and see.
EDIT3: I must have changed the wrong bones. It had no effect on the stage at all. I'll try again tomorrow.

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to add a random picture that you might have found on google images or a camera and put it on the background of a custom stage or regular stage? If it is, how?

Another question, can you make platforms on a custom stage invisible?

One more question! Where is the file with the custom stage textures? Can you make it so only one custom stage has a certain texture and the others have the same default texture?

Top Bottom