• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

optimuskirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1118-0746-7459
I have a question.
how do i remove attacking appendages w/out the game going crazy? cuze i tried to remove most of dk's body except for his hands, feet, and tie, but that went crazy. is there any way to delete them / make them invisible w/out the game going crazy?

cvmerchanary

Smash Rookie
Ive downloaded multiple types of BrawlBox. Everytime I edit one little thing of info_en.pac.. it says it compresses but the file size continues to stay at 1,240 kb. I know this is way to large. Is there anyone who can help me fix this issue? I also tried the question mark thing but it still blows up.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Saw this asked earlier and the solution provided didn't help me.

Every .wav I put into brawlbox to make .brstms is really short and just sounds like a clip/beep. I've redownloaded Audacity 2.0 and exported plenty of different kinds of .wavs using the options, and they all do this or don't play at all. Am I still doin' it wrong?

Oldeeber

Smash Cadet
hey, im trying to put some melee skins on fox, falco, gannon and marth for project M, but i cant get it to work, or their victory themes either. i download the files from brawl vault and put in the Fitfox00.psc and .pac. it didnt work so i tried replacing the Fitfox.pac and he just went into t-stance when i wavedashed. the only thing i havnt tried is replacing the fitmotion pac but im pretty sure that wont work either. can some1 help me out?

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.
how do i remove attacking appendages w/out the game going crazy? cuze i tried to remove most of dk's body except for his hands, feet, and tie, but that went crazy. is there any way to delete them / make them invisible w/out the game going crazy?
First of all , DO NOT touch the vertecies or polygons unless you know what you're doing. What I did for my Sephiroth over Marth texture was make the cape texture transparent. U(se photoshop or gimp to erase everything.)

Sorry if this has already been asked, but how can you add more bones onto a model ( not dummy bones cor model replacing) since the trophy models don't have enough to work with.

:phone:

theneslnik

Smash Rookie
So, even with .Net Framework 4.0 and Intel Extreme Graphics card with OpenGL 1.3, I try and run Brawlbox.exe and it says "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this appication". Is there any way I can get it to work?

Latch

Smash Apprentice
How do I view hitboxes of a .pac file? I heard that you can do it in bbox...

Specifically, I want to look at lucas's hitboxes in the P:M demo 2.1 files.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
How do I view hitboxes of a .pac file? I heard that you can do it in bbox...

Specifically, I want to look at lucas's hitboxes in the P:M demo 2.1 files.
I don't think you can preview hitboxes with brawlbox, but I heard that you can use PSA to make hitboxes viewable ingame.

Edit:I think you now can using BrawlBox v0.66b.

Tesh

Smash Hero
where do i edit the random stage switch screen? You know the one where you change which stages are on or off for random stage selection?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats a really ****ty answer to give in a Q&A thread. I already did look around and now I want help from someone experienced, not some stupid **** who knows less than I do.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Thats a really ****ty answer to give in a Q&A thread. I already did look around and now I want help from someone experienced, not some stupid **** who knows less than I do.
Wow.

I'm trying to help out since no one else bothers, and this is the thanks I get?????

Would you rather wait a billion years since no one else posts or would you have me at least try?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
common5.pac
> sc_selcharacter2_en

It's either in there or inside of sc_selmap_en

I'd check but I have something open in BrawlBox atm which I'm actively working on.

The one which has a MiscData containing the name of every stage contains those.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea sorry thunderbird, I was just looking for someone who knew exactly where to find that. I've already gone through mainmenu.pac and the selmap.pac and editted "my music" and the stage SELECT screen. What I need now is to just edit the screen where you switch stages on and off for random selection.

I know there are 2 of them, one in the main menu and one thats part of the selcharacter or selmap, but I can't find the pictures I need to edit anywhere.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Yea sorry thunderbird, I was just looking for someone who knew exactly where to find that. I've already gone through mainmenu.pac and the selmap.pac and editted "my music" and the stage SELECT screen. What I need now is to just edit the screen where you switch stages on and off for random selection.

I know there are 2 of them, one in the main menu and one thats part of the selcharacter or selmap, but I can't find the pictures I need to edit anywhere.
I'll check my ISO later.

Philaz

Smash Rookie
Hello, I accidently deleted a MenSelmapPrevBase, is it possible to cancel my mistake so that it gets back ?

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I accidently deleted a MenSelmapPrevBase, is it possible to cancel my mistake so that it gets back ?
Do you have a copy of the texture in your hard drive? If you do, then just right-click on the .brres archive and click import texture, then rename it whichever prevbase you deleted.

If you don't have another copy (You didn't back up your work! Shame On You!), then get another sc_selmap_en.pac from the internet, export your prevbase from there and import it as I said above.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Every time I save a FitName.Pac file after using Brawlbox, I go to Brawl, went to:

Groups->Brawl->CSS->SSS->Battle

Suddenly on the intro of battling, the game freezes. I tried saving them normally, and "save as" as well on BrawlBox. What is at least one way that I don't have to see this problem again?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
So I edited Common5.pac to have custom random stage select portraits and I get bees when I go to the Character select screen.

Any help? I can upload my common5.pac if it needs to be looked at specifically for crap.

Panzerhandschuh

Smash Rookie
How do you remove water from stages? I was able to delete the water model but idk where to find the actual collisions for the water.

Edit: Nvm, I found out after a ton of searching. I had to download Bero's BrawlBox modset 4.2 and lower the first value from the stdt file in the stage's .pac. That lowers the height of the water on the stage until its below the death line.

jackk314

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with the moveset editor in BrawlBox 0.67b. Usually when I save my moveset file (FitFox.pac) it works fine, but recently, it's been giving me an error whenever I edit the file:

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
at System.Collection.Generic.SortedList`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MoveDefNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32 length, Boolen force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32 length, Boolen force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ARCNode.OnRebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32 length, Boolen force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(VoidPtr address, Int32 length, Boolen force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Rebuild(Boolean force)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.Merge(Boolean forceBuild)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelMovesetPanel.SaveMoveset

I have no idea what this means, but I have tried:
Restarting bbox
Restarting computer
Editing moveset without animations open
Editing different aspects of moveset
Using older bbox version 0.67 (instead of 0.67b)

Editing other movesets on the same model worked, as did editing the animations.

I'm unsure what to do, can someone please help? I don't want to lose the work I've put into this moveset :(

Capick

Smash Rookie
There are a lot of unanswered questions here, so I'll try to make it short. I'm playing Project M and I want to edit the universe icons and the pictures telling what game the stage is from. When I change some pictures though, like the Mushroom for the Mario universe, it applies that change to all stages using the same icon. I noticed that the PMBR was able to change the mushroom icon on Luigi's Mansion to a Castlevania icon (for Dracula's Castle) w/o changing the other ones. In BrawlBox, the mushroom (in commonpac5) is called MenSelchrMark.01, and the Castlevania logo is called MenSelchrMark.32. Can anyone explain how to change an icon in one place and not in all places where it's used?

xSenorxAliceax

Smash Rookie
Hey, Im not sure if this is where I should post this or what, but I have been having multiple problems just installing BrawlBox. At the end of the day, this is because I have a Mac. I've scoured the internet for days trying to find an answer to my problem but all of the solutions I can find (which are very limited anyway) are extremely outdated (1 year or more) and dont seem to work with my current OS. Ive tried using wineskin and other wine applications but they never work.

I dont want to use BB for anything too complicated, I just want to be able to edit the Character Select Portraits, in-game portraits and CSS. If anyone could help me out just lmk please. Also, if I can do this with another, more mac-friendly program that I havent heard of yet, please tell me.

VigilanteNoir

Smash Rookie
Ok, so looking at the awesomeness of BrawlBox/PSA, I wanted to get into it, because it seems awesome., So I downloaded BrawlBox, project SA. However, I realized that to import custom models to brawlbox, I needed to download some extra stuff, like 3ds max (the trial). Unfortunately, this is where I get punished for being late to the scene. The only trial they have available is for the 2013 version, which as I can tell, has no way to import .smd In addition, it seems impossible to download an earlier version of 3ds max. I tried using blender but the .dae export to Brawlbox don't seem to work.

I REALLY want to get into this, I've spent the last few days looking at BrawlBox/PSA tutorials, importing custom model tutorials, and researching additional info on here and kc-mm. Does anyone have a fix to any one of my problems, such as getting to import smd in 3ds Max 2013, getting an earlier 3ds Max (the trial anyways, I don't have that kind of money), getting the .dae export on blender to work, or any other possible solution. Or as an extra option, maybe someone who has a earlier copy of 3ds max can do the work on the .smd file (If my research is correct, it isn't TOO tedious) and send me the .dae.

John2k4

The End of an Era
If you are a student of just about any high school or college in the US, you can legally get Autodesk 3dsMAX and Maya for free through their student program online (Student [full] versions, with a two year license). They offer older versions, going back to 2010 I believe.

You can also use the free program Noesis to convert between a ton of different model formats (including SMD/DAE with skeleto & UV Mapping preservation).

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered, but I'm in the right thread, I think.

I totally replaced Ike with the top-downloaded Ryu skin from BrawlVault. While the mod isn't terrible, how would I go about reverting these files back? There was a LOT of editing..

Also, I changed the wrong CSP for a Captain Falcon file, as well. His default skin CSP is displaying as the wrong skin, and I was wondering how I'd go about reverting this, as well.

Thank you.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered, but I'm in the right thread, I think.

I totally replaced Ike with the top-downloaded Ryu skin from BrawlVault. While the mod isn't terrible, how would I go about reverting these files back? There was a LOT of editing..

Also, I changed the wrong CSP for a Captain Falcon file, as well. His default skin CSP is displaying as the wrong skin, and I was wondering how I'd go about reverting this, as well.

Thank you.
I could also use this chance to address my second question better - I basically need the original brawl CSPs for a few characters. Where can these be found?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
may I ask here, how do I use THIS file to change the sound effects to japanese?

I only use gecko OS and homebrew with the original game disc and all the stuff of codes, textures etc are on my SD card, hope someone can help me

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
If I take a file (let's say for example FitPeac00.pac) and all other associated files (movest, animations, sounds, whatever else that may entail) and put it into another character's folder, would I be able to have 2 of the same character, but selected with different portraits/css?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Edit: Ok the menu texture works, but the character select and stage map is still the same. Could someone help me? Do the character and stage select texture files go in the same folder as the pfmenu2 folder?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Not sure if this is the correct place to put this.

For some reason, brawlbox refuses to correctly read a .wav file correctly when I open it up. The files I converted come up to be some absurd length like 30 minutes despite the original file being like 3 minutes. If I use audacity to convert, the file comes up to be 0 length. If I try to convert it to brstm, it just gives me an error saying there's not enough storage to complete the action or something.

The .wav file plays completely fine in media player and everything else (including the saying the right length) but I just don't know why brawlbox reads it incorrectly.

I've read the help file saying I need microsoft .net framework 3.5 SP1 pack but then apparently my computer refuses to install that >_>.

How this error came up, I don't even know. I've done this on my old computer with no problem.

Kati

Smash Lord
Alanhate: Us Gecko users can't change sound effects without serious hardcore editing of an "iso." Riivolution users can have custom sounds, but at the price of awful loading times.

Yoshi: I can't find your original message, so I don't know what the nature of your problem is.

SSS pictures found in common_5 go in the system folder which itself is in the pf folder. The "character" folder is also found in pf.

Does anyone know what the limitations are for editting norfair? is it possible to have the lava rise up, but get rid of the wave, walls, and bursts?

Top Bottom