• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Still wondering this but new questios
1.Looking through the SSE pacs how would i know which file is what?
2.Color animations override the default textures right?
1. Open the platform model in the previewer and look at the textures panel.

2. Preview each, there is no other way.

3. I think so, but I haven't messed with them yet so I don't know for sure.

ChakramStrike

Smash Rookie
My problem is a bit more complicated.

I'm using the file pf/menu/selcharacter/multi_en.brres to edit the characters' names on the CSS. Specifically, I edited this

into this

I used photoshop to do so. I placed the modified "multi_en.brres" into the right directory, but nothing changes in the game. Has anyone else done something similar? Any advice?

EDIT: Problem solved.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
The Scene Daata in GG only has Lighting. I looked inside the AnmTexSrt(NW4R), and would SRT0 files. What do they do? Each of them has a number on the info bar.

Rowland

Smash Rookie
so when i edit FitMotion(char)etc files, the textures that is, my characters lose their voices =(

epic blue lightening, but no more "PIKA!!"
crazy aura action for Lucario, but no more "HAHH!"

any ideas why?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Unfourtunately, I really don't know. That sounds like something having to do with how BrawlBox saves the file. Are you using the newest update? If so I would show Kryal that.

Rowland

Smash Rookie
****, ok thanks. & i was on brawlbox 6.2, so im getting 6.3 now.

but what i was doing was downloading, lets say, RED THUNDER for PIKACHU, that someone had already edited (probably not with brawlbox) and using brawlbox to turn said RED THUNDER into BLUE THUNDER.

im thinking that that could be my first mistake. anyone know where i can download unedited 'fitcharacter.pacs' & 'fitcharactermotionetc.pacs'??

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My problem is a bit more complicated.

I'm using the file pf/menu/selcharacter/multi_en.brres to edit the characters' names on the CSS. Specifically, I edited this

into this

I used photoshop to do so. I placed the modified "multi_en.brres" into the right directory, but nothing changes in the game. Has anyone else done something similar? Any advice?

EDIT: Problem solved.
If anyone else has this problem, I believe that you need to do this stuff in the file, sc_selcharacter.pac.

The names are stored inside a BRRES archive, which reads, MiscData[30].

To use sc_selcharacter.pac, place it in the directory below. Make sure that the file is compressed though.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to export some misc. data from stages, but I get an error message when I do so. This doesn't happen when I try to exprt textures.

Is it impossible for BBox to do this, or am I doing something wrong? :(

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
If anyone else has this problem, I believe that you need to do this stuff in the file, sc_selcharacter.pac.

The names are stored inside a BRRES archive, which reads, MiscData[30].

To use sc_selcharacter.pac, place it in the directory below. Make sure that the file is compressed though.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac
Shouldn't that be [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\sc_selcharacter.pac?

I thought there was some glitch in the file replacement code that forces you to place menu2 items in pfmenu2 instead of pf\menu2. At the very least, mu_menumain.pac goes in pfmenu2. Are there any other folders that are like this? Is it just menu2, and if so, why?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Shouldn't that be [SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pfmenu2\sc_selcharacter.pac?

I thought there was some glitch in the file replacement code that forces you to place menu2 items in pfmenu2 instead of pf\menu2. At the very least, mu_menumain.pac goes in pfmenu2. Are there any other folders that are like this? Is it just menu2, and if so, why?
If it helps, I'm still using File Replacement v2.1a.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'm trying to export some misc. data from stages, but I get an error message when I do so. This doesn't happen when I try to exprt textures.

Is it impossible for BBox to do this, or am I doing something wrong? :(
Try exporting to a different directory. Sometimes that happens to me, I export a bunch of things to a folder, and then it won't work for some reason. I then export the same thing to a different folder and it works.

If it helps, I'm still using File Replacement v2.1a.
Why?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I need some HALP.

When editing the Stage's collision in BB, can I add more collision data to it? I can make my main platform just fine but I need to add some for the platforms as well.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Where can I get the model of the Key from subspace Emmissary?
In the Common3.pac.

I need some HALP.

When editing the Stage's collision in BB, can I add more collision data to it? I can make my main platform just fine but I need to add some for the platforms as well.
From what I heard you have to hold Alt, click, and drag, or maybe it was Alt, right click, and drag. One of those two.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about fixing animations.
I replaced Kirby's model with metaknight's model.
So,I read "Animation glitches"thread and tried to fix animations.
But my wii froze whenever I tried to use my fixed animations
Please tell me how to fix his animations properly.

Sorry for my poor English

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Uh, so i finally figured out how to attach collisions to a bone(well...sorta).

BUT....when I go to add the model and bone in the collision editer, it won't let me. HALP?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Alirght thanks,

whew i thought i was going to have to do it frame by frame D: thank god

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Couple of questions:
1.I made a new color sequence would i just rename it to the thing i wanted to color animate?
2.With brawlbox how would i make new collision data and assign it to bones?
EDIT:nvm i figured it out

Roo525

Smash Ace
I have a problem I need answered, if you don't mind.

I have been working on a deoxys model hack for awhile, and have been having problems sending it to brawl. It replaces Green Alloy.

I Send the FitZakoBall.pac (Now equipped with Deoxys's model and textures) into it's respected folder, along with the edited motionpack.

However, when I play Brawl as green alloy, something kinda strange happens.

He still has the Green Alloy's model and textures, which is one thing, but any moves I edited just become Green Alloys T-stance.

I'm not exactly sure why this happens, so if someone could help, that would be very... Helpful

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
After finding out that the Borboras did not work I decided to do another person. I went ahead and chose Saki from the Assist Trophies. He works great and there is no crashing. The only problem I have is that HE can not grab anyone. He can do the grab animation and not touch anyone but once he is in range and he tries to grab someone the game freezes. Are their any fixes for this? Or should I just have my brother use PSA to make his grabs do nothing?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I have a problem I need answered, if you don't mind.

I have been working on a deoxys model hack for awhile, and have been having problems sending it to brawl. It replaces Green Alloy.

I Send the FitZakoBall.pac (Now equipped with Deoxys's model and textures) into it's respected folder, along with the edited motionpack.

However, when I play Brawl as green alloy, something kinda strange happens.

He still has the Green Alloy's model and textures, which is one thing, but any moves I edited just become Green Alloys T-stance.

I'm not exactly sure why this happens, so if someone could help, that would be very... Helpful
Name it FitZakoBall00.pac, not FitZakoBall.pac.

After finding out that the Borboras did not work I decided to do another person. I went ahead and chose Saki from the Assist Trophies. He works great and there is no crashing. The only problem I have is that HE can not grab anyone. He can do the grab animation and not touch anyone but once he is in range and he tries to grab someone the game freezes. Are their any fixes for this? Or should I just have my brother use PSA to make his grabs do nothing?
There will not be a fix until we are able to add bones. Sorry.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about fixing animations.
I replaced Kirby's model with metaknight's model.
So,I read "Animation glitches"thread and tried to fix animations.
But my wii froze whenever I tried to use my fixed animations
Please tell me how to fix his animations properly.

Sorry for my poor English
I still want to know the answer... I know that I have to rename bones in animation.
But I can't rename them properly. I need help...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
So I'm trying to replace the Advanced Wars tank with a 2D png that is opaque and has a white background and <120 colors, but ingame it takes ages to load, and when it finally does, i get a huge square image with what looks to be a pallette on it? What am I doing wrong?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I have been working on my custom character when I noticed that there were a couple animations I have never seen before. What are the DX animations used for? I already looked at brawl when someone is grabbed and thrown by bowser or hit by a smart bomb. Anyone know what they are used for or are they just unfinished unused animations from nintendo?

Top Bottom