• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

DarkPython

Smash Rookie
Can I edit characters in 3D mode without the characters broken down into 2D sheets? The 2D sheets I just cant understand.....

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Can I edit characters in 3D mode without the characters broken down into 2D sheets? The 2D sheets I just cant understand.....
What :U

Are you talking about textures, and that you don't like to edit each file in a image editor and that you'd like to be able to edit them while they're on their 3d model? 'Cause you can't do that, and I don't predict that happening anytime soon. If that's not what you're talking about, please clarify.

DarkPython

Smash Rookie
What :U

Are you talking about textures, and that you don't like to edit each file in a image editor and that you'd like to be able to edit them while they're on their 3d model? 'Cause you can't do that, and I don't predict that happening anytime soon. If that's not what you're talking about, please clarify.
Eh, ok, that was what I was talking about. nooby question but is there a tutorial on how to read the 2D sheets? :urg:

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Eh, ok, that was what I was talking about. nooby question but is there a tutorial on how to read the 2D sheets? :urg:
I'll tell you what textures affect what and where they show up, but each texture is different. So, what textures from what characters do you want to edit?

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Is there any reason why my Wii freezes when I swap images for the Stage Selection?

Like, those large images you see when you hover over the stage icon?

I replaced a few, like 5-7, but it froze

But than I tried replacing only one, it didn't freeze.

Help? ._.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I think it has to do with a file size limit not sure but i think that's the main reason why nobody has really tried hacking the stage images

fireking220

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with a modified alloy (with modified .pac .pcs. PSA file, and fitmotion file). When I go into a match with the the alloy and 2 or 3 other HUMAN players it freezes. Same thing goes for computers. All of my files on my SD poduce no freezing and I waited ten seconds b4 choosing a stage. Heck I waited 30 sec once and it still froze. My Fitmotion file is over the limit by about 15 kb but it still worked which puzzled me. Any help?

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman

Does anybody know what type of font is close to that?
I hate cropping out other letters ;-;
Some of them don't even meet the same size as each other :(

Isaac!

Smash Rookie
When I try to run BrawlBox, It says I need another version of .NET framework somthing or another. Anybody know whats up?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I dont know where else to ask, so where would the files that show the "preview" and icons, of stages on the SSS be? Like Common5, sel_char, what? I looked in all of the stuff I have and found them in menu_main, but when I edited the hannenbow pic to show the wifi waiting room, it didnt change in the sss -_-

pokelover980

Smash Ace
When I try to run BrawlBox, It says I need another version of .NET framework somthing or another. Anybody know whats up?
You need to download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. You have a lower version, BrawlBox was designed with tools for .Net Framework 3.5.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ok, hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, please show me where), I'd like to try to make my own stage, as a newbie to the whole thing, any pointers/tips I need to know? I just don't wanna screw up the first stage I do, that's all. Thanks in advance

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Ok, hope this is the right place to ask this (if not, please show me where), I'd like to try to make my own stage, as a newbie to the whole thing, any pointers/tips I need to know? I just don't wanna screw up the first stage I do, that's all. Thanks in advance
Edit the collision data last so you can see how the stage matches up to it
don't make new .brres files it won't show up in game
if you need to get more textures right click on the texture .brres and hit import the only problem is renaming is a pain
that's all i got also check the stage .h.a.c.king for some stage making info
EDIT: i almost forgot how would i fix palettes i got the seizure thing on the dram land i'm making >>

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I dont know where else to ask, so where would the files that show the "preview" and icons, of stages on the SSS be? Like Common5, sel_char, what? I looked in all of the stuff I have and found them in menu_main, but when I edited the hannenbow pic to show the wifi waiting room, it didnt change in the sss -_-
common5 selmap->miscdata 80

Does anybody know what type of font is close to that?
I hate cropping out other letters ;-;
Some of them don't even meet the same size as each other :(
times new roman bold i think

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Edit the collision data last so you can see how the stage matches up to it
don't make new .brres files it won't show up in game
if you need to get more textures right click on the texture .brres and hit import the only problem is renaming is a pain
that's all i got also check the stage .h.a.c.king for some stage making info
EDIT: i almost forgot how would i fix palettes i got the seizure thing on the dram land i'm making >>
My envisioned stage was a Tallon IV stage where it goes to Phendrana Drifts, Magmoor, and the Chozo Artifact Temple like Castle Siege. Is a stage like that possible? If so, I wanna do it, being the one who coined the idea...

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
My envisioned stage was a Tallon IV stage where it goes to Phendrana Drifts, Magmoor, and the Chozo Artifact Temple like Castle Siege. Is a stage like that possible? If so, I wanna do it, being the one who coined the idea...
it's possible but going to be hard i can guarantee that

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
it's possible but going to be hard i can guarantee that
Well, it's not going to be my first stage, maybe I could ask the stage hacking people to make one...I'll try something much easier for my first custom stage

camzy

Smash Journeyman
It's in common5_en.pac/sc_selmap_en/MiscData[80]/Textures[NW4R]/MenSelmapIcon.##

Razanak7

Smash Ace
ok, Hope This Is The Right Place To Ask This (if Not, Please Show Me Where), I'd Like To Try To Make My Own Stage, As A Newbie To The Whole Thing, Any Pointers/tips I Need To Know? I Just Don't Wanna Screw Up The First Stage I Do, That's All. Thanks In Advance
I strongly recommend downloading Phantom Wings' Stage Expansion to start; those stages are much easier to work with, and they won't replace a normal stage.

my Envisioned Stage Was A Tallon Iv Stage Where It Goes To Phendrana Drifts, Magmoor, And The Chozo Artifact Temple Like Castle Siege. Is A Stage Like That Possible? If So, I Wanna Do It, Being The One Who Coined The Idea...
Theoretically, it could be possible. I suppose you would need three models; one for each section of the stage. Position the first part on the actual stage, and move the other two below it with animations. Use said animation to, at some point, move the first part up to make room for the next part, and then the same with the third, before looping back to the first. And there's collisions; you would need to attach them to the models themselves...

Either way, it would be a pretty huge project.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Actually, Razanak, the way he describes it it would be easier to just edit the 3 individual pacs for Castle seige.

humble

Smash Ace
Could someone help me really quick? I am attempting to make a warrior Zelda. I have made a texture and I know how to create animations, and Mr. Weegee was kind enough to help me get a sword for Zelda, but for some reason the sword has a wonky texture problem. Could someone help me fix this? here are the files.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xo2ztkgulxi

Isaac!

Smash Rookie
hey, does anyone know of any programs that can convert a tex0 texture file from somthing done on paint?

ShinoBR

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to make the Mario stage from Smash64 on Mushroomy Kingdom, but I don't know how to prepare it exactly(remove the ground, blocks, pipes, etc). It always freeze!!!

What model files should I remove?

Thanks! :)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
hey, does anyone know of any programs that can convert a tex0 texture file from somthing done on paint?
When you are in BrawlBox right click the TEX0 file you want to export and export it, and when it gets to the screen where it wants you to save, under where you type in the file name there is a drop down box where you can select a file type, click on any of them except All Image Types or tex0. I recommend you choose PNG, because it has great quality and is a smaller file size.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
In answer to this question which was posted in the BrawlBox thread:

how do i edit textures of stages? Can i do it with brawl box if not can someone link me in the right direction?
Open the stage pac with BrawlBox. Right click>export the textures you want to edit (ctrl+E). Edit them in and image editor like photoshop. In BrawlBox, right click>replace the textures (ctrl+R). You can preview the model (ctrl+P) to see how it looks.

Maybe he'll post here only to find that he's been ninja'd.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Is there anywhere specific I can go to learn more about editing CLR0 values? I'm trying to do Main Menu color hacks, and when I click on a CLR0 node, I get a HUGE LIST of nodes and colors, and have no idea how to decipher them.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Is there anywhere specific I can go to learn more about editing CLR0 values? I'm trying to do Main Menu color hacks, and when I click on a CLR0 node, I get a HUGE LIST of nodes and colors, and have no idea how to decipher them.
You don't have to decipher them, just click a color and change it using the menu that comes up. I think there is some way to add a color to them all at the same time, but I don't remember how.

Top Bottom