• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Yes, I've read it every single time you have posted it on every single thread you have posted it on, and I've read the same question from the other guy who had the same problem every time he posted it on every thread he posted it on. He said (or maybe that was you too...) that even when he made it the 9600 frames, it still didn't loop. I'm sorry, but I don't think there is an answer yet. Perhaps check the Misc. Data.

@SqLeon: I'm not sure if it has a model, but check the CLR0 files in that pac.
Thanks for that. It's really helpful. For your information, I know what "other guy" you're talking about, and this is a totally different problem. The other guy was having problems making the stage itself loop animations, and I'm having trouble making the stage background loop animations.

Kryal himself said he'd never seen that particular problem before; I'm sending my file to him, so we'll see if he finds anything interesting.

BTW: I asked because 2 pages went by in the 2 threads I posted in, and I was ignored in both until just recently.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem remplacing the CPS with the Brawl Box, i did long time ago in CUPASH method, but can't do it with brawl box.
can anyone help me with guide for editing CPS in brawl box?
(excuseme for my bad english :urg: )

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I have a problem remplacing the CPS with the Brawl Box, i did long time ago in CUPASH method, but can't do it with brawl box.
can anyone help me with guide for editing CPS in brawl box?
(excuseme for my bad english :urg: )
open common5.pac look in sc_selcharacter_en then go to char_bust_tex_lz77 that's where the csp's go

where can I find the model of "ivysaurs dust spore" (upsmash, uair, dair ect)? D:
Might be in common3 not sure check there

Question how would i animated rain from other stages?

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Hey, im new to hacking in general and im trying to recolor final destination, ive recolored most of the textures but the main platform middle strip (base01) still remains a stubborn luminescent aqua blue... im figuring the problem is some material or light setting but i have no idea how to change any of that... help would be appreciated?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
open common5.pac look in sc_selcharacter_en then go to char_bust_tex_lz77 that's where the csp's go

Might be in common3 not sure check there

Question how would i animated rain from other stages?
no no, my problem is, when i remplace the images , the game frezee, i need help for editing the CPS in photoshop, i ahve problem with the transparents

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
there's some guides on youtube on this i'd try there
yes, but that guides are for CUPASH, and for some reason, don't work when i editi and put de CPS with the brawl box

And another question is, where are the CPS for battles?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
yes, but that guides are for CUPASH, and for some reason, don't work when i editi and put de CPS with the brawl box

And another question is, where are the CPS for battles?
I'm not to savy at using photoshop for making CSP's tell me what you're doing to make them if you're using magenta it'll crash it

info/portrite
look in here for unedited ones these are for NTSC of brawl
EDIT:the rain model doesn't work nor animate in brawl any ideas why i have the textures for it and such and made a new .brres file maybe that has something to do with it?

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not to savy at using photoshop for making CSP's tell me what you're doing to make them i f you using magenta it'll crash it

info/portrite
look in here for unedited ones these are for NTSC of brawl
EDIT:the rain model doesn't work nor animate in brawl any ideas why i have the textures for it and such and made a new .brres file maybe that has something to do with it?
Thanks a lot, and i solve the problen :)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I dont find there ether :urg:
I thought it was an in Fit(character).pac but then I open it I didn't see anything except one file o.o
tried open ivysaurs FC.pac in PSA and it didn't read the file :urg:
all the pokemon trainers pokemon and himself in FC.pac cant be reading D8
maybe try the motion file?

Rowland

Smash Rookie
would it be possible to change R.O.B.'s reddish-pink Fsmash effects to another color? and his laser beam as well? ooh, and that little red light on his head??
(i have seen a blue laser color change, but the initial blast from R.O.B.'s eyes remains reddish-pink)

i am also not sure of how to preview my new textures.. going from computer to wii with my sd card, loading the game, etc, etc... it's becoming tiresome

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
would it be possible to change R.O.B.'s reddish-pink Fsmash effects to another color? and his laser beam as well? ooh, and that little red light on his head??
(i have seen a blue laser color change, but the initial blast from R.O.B.'s eyes remains reddish-pink)

i am also not sure of how to preview my new textures.. going from computer to wii with my sd card, loading the game, etc, etc... it's becoming tiresome
You can preview textures via brawlbox and most likely it's in his fitmotionetc pac

Rowland

Smash Rookie
You can preview textures via brawlbox and most likely it's in his fitmotionetc pac
ok, cool thanks.
& i do know that i can preview the textures with brawlbox.. i just dont know how lol..
what do i click on.. and stuff...?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I have find those thing I have been looking for.
I was looking for ivysaurs extern graphics "dust of spore" (used in this attacks:
"File #?
01 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_HI4
02 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_AIR_HI
03 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_AIR_LW")

I know they are in Fit---.pac BUT then I open it in brawlbox, I cant see the models, textures or anything. only one little "MiscData" D:
what is wrong?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I have find those thing I have been looking for.
I was looking for ivysaurs extern graphics "dust of spore" (used in this attacks:
"File #?
01 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_HI4
02 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_AIR_HI
03 POKEFUSHIGISOU_ATK_AIR_LW")

I know they are in Fit---.pac BUT then I open it in brawlbox, I cant see the models, textures or anything. only one little "MiscData" D:
what is wrong?
Well this is great i actually have no idea where it would be then the misc data thing it was the same for me meaning all of the stuff is in that one misc data

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
model previewer->load motion file->find frame look towards the bottom of the screen and click copy then find the frame you're replacing and hit paste
No I mean like copying all the bones at once from that certain frame and pasting them. Not having to copy and paste each bone one by one. Is there a way? Thanks for answering my questions too! ;)

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
No I mean like copying all the bones at once from that certain frame and pasting them. Not having to copy and paste each bone one by one. Is there a way? Thanks for answering my questions too! ;)
don't think there's a way but i haven't messed with animations too much give me a sec to try it out
Edit: try the middle copy and paste ones that pretty much does what you want it to

highfive

Smash Lord
Question:

Why does the Samus model look extremely fat in the latest Brawlbox?

Is it because she turns in to a ball like Sonic?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Am I at least able to modify where PK Fire comes out of? Like mabye a bone? :/

Oh and thanks for answering!

Can anyone answer my PK Fire question? please?
All articles of any character can be edited.

SUCCESS!

It was the MSG (text) MiscData.

QUESTION: Does the text MiscData (i.e. item descriptions, CPU lvl names, etc.) work if you use the same amount of characters as the original message?
...Why did you use the Misc. Data instead of the MSG file?

Thanks for that. It's really helpful. For your information, I know what "other guy" you're talking about, and this is a totally different problem. The other guy was having problems making the stage itself loop animations, and I'm having trouble making the stage background loop animations.

Kryal himself said he'd never seen that particular problem before; I'm sending my file to him, so we'll see if he finds anything interesting.

BTW: I asked because 2 pages went by in the 2 threads I posted in, and I was ignored in both until just recently.
Sorry, I was just trying to tell you that you weren't being ignored. Read the OP.

ok, cool thanks.
& i do know that i can preview the textures with brawlbox.. i just dont know how lol..
what do i click on.. and stuff...?
Right click on the MDL0 file and hit preview.

How does one edit Samus' Charge Beam texture? I don't know where to look for it...
Its in the FitSamusFinal.pac.

Question:

Why does the Samus model look extremely fat in the latest Brawlbox?

Is it because she turns in to a ball like Sonic?
It is because her Down B ball thing shows up along with her.

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Is there a list of flags somewhere? I need the flag for the homerun bat. I need its sound effect when you hit someone.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is there a way to make an animation loop? One of my edited stages animates, but it only runs once and then stops. It's a fairly short and (in theory) repeated animation, so I'd rather not copy and paste all the bone values for 28800 frames.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Is there a way to make an animation loop? One of my edited stages animates, but it only runs once and then stops. It's a fairly short and (in theory) repeated animation, so I'd rather not copy and paste all the bone values for 28800 frames.
:laugh: ^^ See my post above? Currently, not possible, even if you made it 28800 frames long. Sorry. Kryal is looking into it now, though.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Oh, sorry. Although I'm pretty sure it would work with 28800 frames, since it seems to run normally for the few seconds that it's out, and 28800 frames is 8 minutes (no reason to play a match longer than that). I just don't want to physically make an 8 minute long animation.

*adds to list of stages to make when new version of BrawlBox comes out*

(By the way, you can see my non-animating stage in the CC forum :D)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Oh, sorry. Although I'm pretty sure it would work with 28800 frames, since it seems to run normally for the few seconds that it's out, and 28800 frames is 8 minutes (no reason to play a match longer than that). I just don't want to physically make an 8 minute long animation.

*adds to list of stages to make when new version of BrawlBox comes out*

(By the way, you can see my non-animating stage in the CC forum :D)
Final Destination has 9600 frames in its stage animation, and whoever was having problems with that manually increased the animation to 9600, and it still didn't loop. I can see why you don't want to make an 8 minute long animation, though.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Mine wasn't using FD's model though, so it wasn't an issue of having an animation shorter than the original.

No big deal though, I can wait until it's fixed.

Ls777

Smash Cadet
Hey, im new to hacking in general and im trying to recolor final destination, ive recolored most of the textures but the main platform middle strip (base01) still remains a stubborn luminescent aqua blue... im figuring the problem is some material or light setting but i have no idea how to change any of that... help would be appreciated?

Top Bottom