• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

Omegapaste

Smash Cadet
I've read the newest brawlbox has a little support on editing single color clr0's

Now I've been trying to edit rainbow cruise's background forever and I can't really find a clr0 in the STGDXCRUISE.pac

Does anyone know where the sky CLR0 might be located?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
No nt rlly, anyone have a clue how to get 100% in Subspace Emisarry? i finished,but i only have 80%

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I seriously doubt this. The only texture in there is "FB"...
Yes, but did you look at the models? I'm looking at them now, and I can tell by the names that they are the Final Smash models. They obviously get there texture from an external file, which a lot of characters' articles do. It probably gets its texture from her neutral B, so if you can find that, you should have the texture.

No nt rlly, anyone have a clue how to get 100% in Subspace Emisarry? i finished,but i only have 80%
This is the wrong thread for that. Actually, this is the wrong forum for that.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Could someone explain the 'Isotropic' problem? Specifically:

- Why is it a problem?
- What makes an animation isotropic?
- Which bones does this pertain to?
- How to go about fixing it.

And please don't copy-paste Kryal's explanation, unless you could explain it clearer than the post did. =.= Thanks.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Yeah i can say i wanted to add a platform to any stage how would i make to work
You cannot add anything yet, but what you can do is replace an existing model with the platform, move it where you want it, then use BrawlWall or wait for the new BrawlBox and use that to edit the collision data the right way and put it where the model is. It sounds more complicated than it is, but I would still recommend waiting for the new BrawlBox before trying.

@.Fade: I remember seeing the isotropic thing before somewhere, but I don't remember where. If you could refresh my memory, I'll try to explain it.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
You cannot add anything yet, but what you can do is replace an existing model with the platform, move it where you want it, then use BrawlWall or wait for the new BrawlBox and use that to edit the collision data the right way and put it where the model is. It sounds more complicated than it is, but I would still recommend waiting for the new BrawlBox before trying.
Thanks so when i model replace i add the textures as well and rename it to what it was before?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Is it possible to give someone a glide who does not have one. if not would it be possible to remove all mk's armor to get him to a kirby like state?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Thanks so when i model replace i add the textures as well and rename it to what it was before?
Yes.

Is it possible to give someone a glide who does not have one. if not would it be possible to remove all mk's armor to get him to a kirby like state?
The second one is possible using the Polygon Deleter.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey i need help animating the rain i can get it to for about 3 seconds after the countdown then it just stops no matter what i do i can't get it to animate any longer i've changed the frame count and tried hexing the misc data to see anything and no luck help?

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
Swap the model with an item, or swap it with one of the character's external graphical effects and call it in PSA and attach it to the character's hand.
Where are the character external gfx located, and how do I call them and attach them to a character's hand using PSA?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I've noticed when editing Final Destination that there are a few effects that stay on the stage even after I replace most of the original files (by that I mean replace all the ones I need to make a new stage, e.g. model, textures, scenedata, collision...) These seem to be the stars that normally fly by when FD is in its transition parts, and the glow from the crystal under the stage. Is there another file I can delete or replace to stop these things from happening?

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I've noticed when editing Final Destination that there are a few effects that stay on the stage even after I replace most of the original files (by that I mean replace all the ones I need to make a new stage, e.g. model, textures, scenedata, collision...) These seem to be the stars that normally fly by when FD is in its transition parts, and the glow from the crystal under the stage. Is there another file I can delete or replace to stop these things from happening?
Replace Scene data with a different stage's scene data

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Where are the character external gfx located, and how do I call them and attach them to a character's hand using PSA?
I don't really know how to use PSA. :urg: But I'm going to have to learn this anyways when I actually start work on my first PSA, so I'll report back when I find out.

As a heads up: All questions in this thread should be about BrawlBox. If an answer requires you to use another Smash program(like PSA or BrawlWall), please don't ask about it here. Chances are, though I really speak only for myself, we don't have an answer. There are a few threads related to PSA already that you can poke around and bug people about.

Also, skim through the thread to see if your question has already been answered. Again, chances are it has. If the question gets asked enough by multiple people, I'm sure it will be added to the OP, in which case you probably will be directed there.

brawlshifter, I would add that to the OP.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I don't really know how to use PSA. :urg: But I'm going to have to learn this anyways when I actually start work on my first PSA, so I'll report back when I find out.

As a heads up: All questions in this thread should be about BrawlBox. If an answer requires you to use another Smash program(like PSA or BrawlWall), please don't ask about it here. Chances are, though I really speak only for myself, we don't have an answer. There are a few threads related to PSA already that you can poke around and bug people about.
To answer xmanfit's question, use the External Graphic Effect event, but yes, any PSA question should be asked in a PSA thread.

Also, skim through the thread to see if your question has already been answered. Again, chances are it has. If the question gets asked enough by multiple people, I'm sure it will be added to the OP, in which case you probably will be directed there.

brawlshifter, I would add that to the OP.
If any question is asked enough, yes, I will add it to the FAQ section of the OP, everyone should look there before you ask a question.

Yes, I'll add this to the OP.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thank you for that. I should have added "in brawlbox". Sorry about that. If I can't do it without taking hours to do so, I will use PSA for it.
Ah. It's definitely easier in PSA, but it's not impossible in BrawlBox.

To do so in BrawlBox, load up character's model with the model previewer (find FitCharacter##.pac/pcs, browse the directories for model data, right-click and press Preview) and then on the right side should be a tab. Open that up and choose to open FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac.

Then, find the animation you want, open up the bottom tab, and use it to go to frames where you'd like to slow down or speed up the action. At those points, press "Insert" or "Delete" to make the animation slower or faster.

It's not as smooth, reliable, or easy, but it gets the job done if you absolutely need to use BrawlBox.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
when making textures in brawlbox do you have to upload them to both pcs and pac.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
How do I remove polygons from texture pacs.? and how do I get my texture in the game?
1. Polygon Deleter here on SmashBoards
2. On you SD: private/wii/app/RSBX(E for NTSC-U, P for Pal, J for Japan)/pf/Fighter/(look in Texture Database for the name of the character you're replacing)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
what if i want to change animations in brawlbox. Do i need to do it to both pac and pcs?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Animations don't require texture pacs. They need the FitMotionEtc.pac, which is located at the same place as the other files.

Also, FitMotionEtc files ONLY come in pac varieties. That way you don't need to worry about saving two files.

EDIT: I would check peach's FitMotionEtc.pac. It should be one of the Model brres packs. If not, then I don't know where it would be.

Top Bottom