• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hes right. we need a thread to talk about and post the Other Game models.
I'll make it in a little while. The first post will have the tutorial to get them working, and a list of known games that use that format. Then, when I figure out how to get them working in Brawl, I can update the first post.

ds22

Smash Lord
Piggybank67, I ripped Naruto (non fox) and you ripped Death (which I only fixed), not the other way around.
Nice list do, could come in handy in the future Other Game Models thread.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Alright, so I extracted the Godzilla Unleashed ISO and the files are saved as .bdg's. Does anyone know how to work with these to extract the model?

Wiimote

Smash Cadet
Well, I looked into the model of Moonview Highway from MKW... it's huge... Q_Q

Meh, it was expected, but it'll take a while if we were to shrink it to Brawl size. @_@

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Awww, I like better collision data, but the size seems a bit big. Wasn't it closer to the old version in Melee?

EDIT:

Maybe not... although it still seems a little bit larger.
Maybe a little, I just didn't use any reference but my mind, the old one seemed too small to me ^^U

Anyway, I have modified it in a way that's really easy to change the size of the ship, you can do it yourself. You should resize greatfox main node, a new model named "collision", and the stgposition one. Doing this, greatfox can be any size and collision are always okay

Ah, I've got this ^^

Shadow's shoes are whiter now, and it's really good O.o I don't understand why now it works so well, because I tested the same values some months ago and the shoes were gettin all white, including the parts that shouldn't be white xD

Ah, and progressing on mushroom kingdom 64 and fourside, I'd got a little trouble with the 2D backgrounds (the castle in the image and others), spent almost all the day dealing with palletes, but I managed to get the 2D models working with no-paleted textures, and there's no more trouble to me ^^

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
...This "changing models to become read-able in BrawlBox" method is confusing me. And at the risk of being yelled at for not keeping on topic, this will hopefully be my last question.

The instructions are a tad bit unclear. Do I...

-Delete the bytes highlighted in red, input the 12 "FF"s in the blue area, then change the top byte highlighted in black with the bottom one?

-Delete the bytes highlighted in red, then change the top byte highlighted in black with the bottom one?

-Replace the bytes highlighted in red with the 12 "FF"s, then change the top byte highlighted in black with the bottom one?

...What's the proper order?!?!?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Delete the bytes in red first. then add the FF's. then look at the 2 Digit number on the end of the line. 2 lines above that put what ever the 2 Digits are.

You do it once, you know what to do with all of them.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Aaaahh, screw it. X( Maybe someone with a lot of free time will convert the PPark models to read-able BBox files at some point. I'm done with wasting space on this thread.

So, in an attempt to remain on-topic, what's everybody up to? How's that 2D stage guide coming? (at least I thought there was a guide coming along)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Delete the bytes in red first. then add the FF's. then look at the 2 Digit number on the end of the line. 2 lines above that put what ever the 2 Digits are.

You do it once, you know what to do with all of them.
I don't have multi select. Do I delete the first set of red ones, and then where the other set moved to, or do I delete the first set, and then delete what is now where the red highlight is?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
ok guys so i finished my program and it mostly works O.o
wat i mean is that my program succesfully modifies the text files to be the same
but when changing the out.txt to out.brres the bones arn't in a "tree" like they're supposed to be
ill upload the 2 text files and see if anyone can find a difference
here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ygmgim4kimj

EDIT: and just wondering how do u extract pokepark models?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
use my list please: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9397167&postcount=719
just copy and paste and gimme some sorta credit at the bottom
I wasn't planning on listing the models, just the games. Well, at least until they're working in Brawl. B:

But, anyway, the problem I'm having with getting Bill's hat to work on Jigglypuff can't be related to anything I put in. All I changed were the vertices, normals, UV mapping and polygons. I copied those values from Jigglypuff to the King K. Rool trophy model again (since I had fixed them all up since my last attempt), and...

It works. Except that the faces are all inverted. I don't remember what I did to get them working right the first time. @_@

But, if that worked, it can't be a problem with the polygons themselves. Because, even when I put the old vertex, normals, etc. back in to the MDL0 I re-built for Jigglypuff...

Only Jigglypuff's body (Polygon1) is shown, the game goes at a snail's pace, and then freezes shortly afterward. I must've done something wrong when I re-linked the offsets. <_>

But, anyway, new MDL0 discussion/flaunting topic is here. Leave this topic for the things that actually are working in Brawl, and not just only working in BrawlBox. M'kay?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
But, anyway, the problem I'm having with getting Bill's hat to work on Jigglypuff can't be related to anything I put in. All I changed were the vertices, normals, UV mapping and polygons.
So you basically put all of the data of the polygons in and made the existing model match that? If so, I think that's exactly what Kryal is planning to do with BrawlBox for new models. You may consider contacting him about this experiment.

But, if that worked, it can't be a problem with the polygons themselves. Because, even when I put the old vertex, normals, etc. back in to the MDL0 I re-built for Jigglypuff...
Only Jigglypuff's body (Polygon1) is shown, the game goes at a snail's pace, and then freezes shortly afterward. I must've done something wrong when I re-linked the offsets. <_>
Sounds a lot like the issues with polygon deletion, so it probably would have something to do with the data offsets.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So you basically put all of the data of the polygons in and made the existing model match that? If so, I think that's exactly what Kryal is planning to do with BrawlBox for new models. You may consider contacting him about this experiment.

Sounds a lot like the issues with polygon deletion, so it probably would have something to do with the data offsets.
Well, I had converted all the values I needed for Brawl from the model I had on my computer. I didn't take vertex/polygon data from anything that was already in the game. And I actually did contact Kryal, but he hasn't replied yet...

But, yeah. I think you may be right about that. I'm gonna look through the offsets again. Chances are, I might've linked something/everything improperly.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I Couldn't get any of those to show up except for p12.mdl D:
Hmm that's weird. I tried the one from the Japanese version and it didn't work. I'll try the english one.

Edit: Okay, just tried the US version and it wouldn't open p12.mdl either.

Edit: X_x stupid me, I forgot to do the hex editing stuff.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Behold! The Doodle Factory!

Just some screwing around with the 2D stage stuff. This was a quick sketch, and isn't quite the finished stage. I might put the download up if anyone's interested.

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Maybe a little, I just didn't use any reference but my mind, the old one seemed too small to me ^^U

Anyway, I have modified it in a way that's really easy to change the size of the ship, you can do it yourself. You should resize greatfox main node, a new model named "collision", and the stgposition one. Doing this, greatfox can be any size and collision are always okay

Ah, I've got this ^^

TWO IMAGES

Shadow's shoes are whiter now, and it's really good O.o I don't understand why now it works so well, because I tested the same values some months ago and the shoes were gettin all white, including the parts that shouldn't be white xD

Ah, and progressing on mushroom kingdom 64 and fourside, I'd got a little trouble with the 2D backgrounds (the castle in the image and others), spent almost all the day dealing with palletes, but I managed to get the 2D models working with no-paleted textures, and there's no more trouble to me ^^
I just wanted to note how cool that Mushroom Kingdom stage is looking. Like, this is REALLY cool. Dude, keep up the awesome work.

And RandomTBush, you're doing an awesome job. Keep up the pace, I know you'll do well. I look forward to seeing new models show up in Brawl.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Here are the links to some of the character files from Godzilla Unleashed. Two of them belong to Godzilla (Godzilla.bdg and Godzilla_shape.bdg) and the other two belong to Jet Jaguar (Jetjaguar.bdg and Jetjaguar_shape.bdg). Can someone get the model out of these, because I have no idea what to do with a .bdg file.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

Just some screwing around with the 2D stage stuff. This was a quick sketch, and isn't quite the finished stage. I might put the download up if anyone's interested.
That looks awesome. If the collisions are decent, I'd totally play it.

@Mewtwo2000: Good work on all the stages! I'm really looking forward to Fourside, which is looking awesome. (No rush though.) I noticed that the ledges on the Falcon Raceway are a bit too close, and kind of cause the characters to clip into the wall. I modified it to fix that, so if you want me to upload my minor modification I'll do so.

@RandomTBush: Keep up the good work!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord

omg thats cool,

wat. WTF IS THAT A GUILMON?!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nice work buddy! :D And you even used the texture I gave ya too. :3

Mind letting out a download for that badboy? If it looks like that on all the stages, this;ll FINALLY solve the shoe problem. XD

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Can someone post a download link for a 2D draw-it-yourself stage, which isn't on STGFINAL? Like, preferably on one of the worse stages, like 75m, Hanenbow, etc.?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
@Mewtwo2000: Good work on all the stages! I'm really looking forward to Fourside, which is looking awesome. (No rush though.) I noticed that the ledges on the Falcon Raceway are a bit too close, and kind of cause the characters to clip into the wall. I modified it to fix that, so if you want me to upload my minor modification I'll do so.
Sure! If it looks better that way, it should be shared to everyone ^^

I did them so close because the wall has not width at all xD

Nice work buddy! :D And you even used the texture I gave ya too. :3

Mind letting out a download for that badboy? If it looks like that on all the stages, this;ll FINALLY solve the shoe problem. XD
Of course, I'll be uploading it later today :p

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Well, first of all extract the modeldata you want to add models to (modeldata[1].brres)

Go hex editing this file and find 3DModels(NW4R), rename it to AnmChr(NW4R)

Go to brawlbox, do the new character animation action as many times as models you need and save

Return to hex, go to AnmChr(NW4R) and rename it to 3DModels(NW4R) again

Find any new CHR0 string and make sure they are the ones that you have created, and rename them to MDL0

Go to brawlbox, you'll have some new models with blank name. You must right click and replace with any valid you have saved previously. When you do this, they automatically get a name, if you use the same model in everyone, they will have the same name

Rename them so they don't have the same name and you should be able to save the brres file

Then go to the stage you extracted the modeldata from and replace it with the new one. It should be it

My Fourside stage has almost 100 models in modeldata[1]

I suppose this could be used for making new color animations, or texture animations, or whatever O.o

Note: If not done correctly, brawlbox will say it can't save the file
I've followed your "guide", and I've managed to put a Stage Builder model in a 2D created stage. Now I have in Miscdata[1] the background and the new model. The texture works too. The problem is, I can't move or animate it.

I've changed the position, I've created a new animation; both work in Brawlbox. But when I try it ingame, the model position is wrong (default values I mean) and it won't move at all.

Oddly enough, if I change the order of the chr0 (first my plataform animation and then the background one), now the plataform position and movement are correct; but the background won't work (again, default values and no animation).
It's like the game charges 1 model animation correctly, but then ignores the other one.

Any ideas?
(btw I'm asking for help here because the guide was posted here and there's no official thread for model hacking issues)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Any ideas?
I suppose you could try animating both the stage AND imported model in the same animation.

For example, you wouldn't have Marios leg move in one animation, then his arm in the other.. They're in the same one...
I'm not sure, but it's an idea.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
There're some rules with these (I think their valid always in modeldata[1], I'm not sure if modeldata[0] has the same)

1- First model can't be animated by an animation (chr0 file), so if you want to move some models, they must be 2, 3, 4... You can change their order to check that this is true

2- Only first animation works (so the second one does nothing, you can check this too changing their order)

3- Same with texture animations (and color animations I suppose), only first in order works

So all you have to do is animate things with the same animation, and make a blank model (poketrainer00 copy or something like that) in the first place if you want all of them to be moved from the default place or resized, or if one of your models is not going to be moved, then put it in the first position

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
I suppose you could try animating both the stage AND imported model in the same animation.

For example, you wouldn't have Marios leg move in one animation, then his arm in the other.. They're in the same one...
I'm not sure, but it's an idea.
That did the trick. Thanks.

There're some rules with these (I think their valid always in modeldata[1], I'm not sure if modeldata[0] has the same)

1- First model can't be animated by an animation (chr0 file), so if you want to move some models, they must be 2, 3, 4... You can change their order to check that this is true

2- Only first animation works (so the second one does nothing, you can check this too changing their order)

3- Same with texture animations (and color animations I suppose), only first in order works

So all you have to do is animate things with the same animation, and make a blank model (poketrainer00 copy or something like that) in the first place if you want all of them to be moved from the default place or resized, or if one of your models is not going to be moved, then put it in the first position
Good to know.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
I've got a question for mewtwo 2000... Is there any way you can take the waterfall and water from your sewers stage and place it as a piece in custom stages? If its possible can you please do it for me! I tried to make it but just got the beeeeeep of death :(

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
By custom you mean the stage builder? Or just other custom stages like venom or others? ^^U

Theoerically it would be possible in both cases, but perhaps their size could do something wrong with stage builder

Just tell me what exactly you tried to do and I'll try the same to see if it's possible

PD: I've ported WWR to 75m, but something weird is happenin, cpus negate to make a move O.o

The problem is with the collision data, if it's not the original size, they don't move O.o

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rtzzmy5jlyz

Alses

Smash Apprentice
I replaced the diagonal blocks with the waterfall and the water so then when its facing one way it makes the water and when facing the other it makes the waterfall... I was thinking it might be better to replace a gimmick instead... I never liked the ladder anyway XD

If its possible is there a way to make it appear only in certain sizes of blocks? So then the medium size block would be water and when facing the other way it could be water with the bottom of the water fall and the large can be the start and when facing the other way it could be the middle parts of the waterfall....
But I'm pretty sure doing it depending on sizes is impossible :(

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I tried removing the platforms in Skyworld with a polygon deleter. I got the moving one on the bottom gone, but removing any others causes massive glitching (something to do with the collisions evidently). I'm completely stumped, so I think I'll move on to something simpler.

omg thats cool,

wat. WTF IS THAT A GUILMON?!
Actually, no. Just a random texture.

Also, download for Doodle Factory: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/STGFINALdoodle.PAC

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I tried removing the platforms in Skyworld with a polygon deleter. I got the moving one on the bottom gone, but removing any others causes massive glitching (something to do with the collisions evidently). I'm completely stumped, so I think I'll move on to something simpler.

Actually, no. Just a random texture.

Also, download for Doodle Factory: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/11/2/2170666/STGFINALdoodle.PAC
Oh, well then i'm gonna make a guilmon texture :D

Top Bottom