• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
I have a question how come whenever I try modol porting my game freazes I added all the bones the modol needed and everything looked fine in brawl box and failed in game... I'm just trying to port mewtwo to pokemon trainer and master cheif to snake and no I'm not trying to alter there movesets... can someone tell me how modol porting works and what im doing wrong?
See?

This is not the help forum or the MDL0 importing thread. Try either of those, but not here.
He said model porting, like porting models of other characters over one another in Brawlbox. Not model importing, so you were in the wrong.

Fen__

Smash Ace
O.o
wow. erm, just wondering: are you an admin that patrols the boards? i'm completely serious. because if not, you might as easily give some helpful instructions, or say that he could find info at whatever places. or not say anything at all. if someone doesn't get help in one place, they move on. on my post of the pics, i've seen sooo many people (higher ups included) do that, w/ bigger pics. and i've read back a long ways in this, and i don't think i've ever seen anyone say (to anyone, much less the bigwigs) hey, posting w/ big pics, that's annoying (while i will admmit, my double post was slightly irritating). i've seen pages that are sooooo long, the scroll bar is just a line, and no one cared. i think that the only time someone has been annoyed at someone else because they're taking up room was when eldiran made a second topic for his stuff. so, what i'm really trying to say is: don't be offensive. in fact, i'm fairly sure that this will tick you off, but that's the thing, i am correcting your mistake in a blunt, unfriendly manner. just like you. while i am probably (read definitely) overdoing this post, i want to be clear.

And i will tell you the wisest thing you will ever read in a post on a gaming site right now:
TEH KIRBH PWNS!

no hard feelings, eh fen? because i was annoyed too. just like you. exuent. <('.'<)
Not sure what you mean by "higher-ups". The only people with any power greater than the normal usermask are mods, who almost never post (I see Bionic or maybe one of the others post once in a blue moon other than when closing threads). Also, I assure you that plenty of people find it annoying. It's been an unofficial rule in the thread for a very long time. People just usually don't say anything because it got to the point where people would complain over any images being quoted, which lead to useless squabbles. You say no hard feelings, but you're very clearly on the offense with this post. I wasn't attacking or yelling at you, just offering friendly advice so as to make the thread more enjoyable overall as its much easier to read through.

Regarding Ninka_kiwi's post, kangaroogreen pointed out that he was not talking about importing an external model, so I was wrong to suggest the MDL0 thread, but the rest still stands. All I did was point him to the right place for what he wanted. Yes, people ask questions in this thread, but they are quick, easy questions, usually about very specific things. They are things that can be answered as a footnote to another post, very simply. He is asking for something that is quite a bit more complex and detailed. We have a help forum full of tutorials and FAQs where users can even start their own threads with questions if they can't find info anywhere else. That's what it's there for, and it should be used.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
sorry about double post. i didn't think about editing my earlier post. but if i need to quote someone and they have big pics, what should i do?
It's common courtesy around here to not quote pictures, TBH.

while i am probably (read definitely) overdoing this post, i want to be clear.
Ironically, this post was very hard to understand. TL;DR applies here, except it's more like "cannot read".

highfive

Smash Lord
So... I'm trying to do my very first PSA everzlol. It's King Boo. Before anyone goes off about anything here's a picture:

Yes he's massive, yes he's facing the wrong way, yes he has mass glitches, but gawdamit I'm proud of it. I'll be working on this and my goal is to have him face the right way, be roughly the size of Pikachu/half of Mario maybe, and hopefully be able to walk and have some animations. The goal is not to have a finished PSA (it would be nice though) but to understand what hackers really have to go through rather than act like an *** and whine to them about why it's not finished.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Not sure what you mean by "higher-ups". The only people with any power greater than the normal usermask are mods, who almost never post (I see Bionic or maybe one of the others post once in a blue moon other than when closing threads). Also, I assure you that plenty of people find it annoying. It's been an unofficial rule in the thread for a very long time. People just usually don't say anything because it got to the point where people would complain over any images being quoted, which lead to useless squabbles. You say no hard feelings, but you're very clearly on the offense with this post. I wasn't attacking or yelling at you, just offering friendly advice so as to make the thread more enjoyable overall as its much easier to read through.

Regarding Ninka_kiwi's post, kangaroogreen pointed out that he was not talking about importing an external model, so I was wrong to suggest the MDL0 thread, but the rest still stands. All I did was point him to the right place for what he wanted. Yes, people ask questions in this thread, but they are quick, easy questions, usually about very specific things. They are things that can be answered as a footnote to another post, very simply. He is asking for something that is quite a bit more complex and detailed. We have a help forum full of tutorials and FAQs where users can even start their own threads with questions if they can't find info anywhere else. That's what it's there for, and it should be used.

Sigh, i was being an arse. i edited what i said to say what i meant. i did not realize that you were saying it for the good of the board. (because in the boards i'm usually in (Gamefaqs), if someone is doing something like that, they're just being ***holes. it didn't seem friendly either.
The way you said it to Ninka_kiwi sounded like you just slamming the door in his face instead of giving a better place to go. that's why i (while not having a good day, urgh) decided to be an arse.

so, sorry for all that. *Shakes hand*

private/wii/app/RSBE/pfmenu2/mu_menumain.pac

Open BrawlBox -> Open my custom mu_menumain.pac -> ARC[MenuMain_en] -> Export TextureData[0] up to TextureData[6] -> Open up your own mu_menumain.pac -> Replace those original TextureData[0] -> TextureData[6].

Menu Download
AHA! Thank you! This is awesome. ;)

I like your thinking highfive. It's true, most people only complain (me included) w/ out understanding.

And thanks tomo, i did not realize pic posting was un-liked.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
So... I'm trying to do my very first PSA everzlol. It's King Boo. Before anyone goes off about anything here's a picture:

*King-boo*

Yes he's massive, yes he's facing the wrong way, yes he has mass glitches, but gawdamit I'm proud of it. I'll be working on this and my goal is to have him face the right way, be roughly the size of Pikachu/half of Mario maybe, and hopefully be able to walk and have some animations. The goal is not to have a finished PSA (it would be nice though) but to understand what hackers really have to go through rather than act like an *** and whine to them about why it's not finished.
I know how to fix it, but it seems like you want to do it by yourself to learn.
looks cool so far. :)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Chibi, your menu rocks.
i lol'd at "Would you like to enter metaknight's brian through the frontal cortex?"

Hey everybody.

I recently released a Pokemon replacement package similar to StarWaffle's (viewable Here), and it came out great, with one exception. Scizor.

Instead of rushing back and forth the way Weavile does, instead, Scizor rushes to the left, teleports back to its point of origin, then rushes to the right. And its hurtbox is ONLY in the middle. I am fairly certain a did the animations identical to both Weavile's and StarWaffle's import Umbreon, but I'm still having this problem. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Previews of my work:

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Hey everybody.

I recently released a Pokemon replacement package similar to StarWaffle's (viewable Here), and it came out great, with one exception. Scizor.

Instead of rushing back and forth the way Weavile does, instead, Scizor rushes to the left, teleports back to its point of origin, then rushes to the right. And its hurtbox is ONLY in the middle. I am fairly certain a did the animations identical to both Weavile's and StarWaffle's import Umbreon, but I'm still having this problem. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Previews of my work:
So you used the flag6... They look kinda cartooned that way xD

Flag3 = 3 didn't work?

Anyway, amazing job :laugh:

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So you used the flag6... They look kinda cartooned that way xD

Flag3 = 3 didn't work?

Anyway, amazing job :laugh:
Hm, so the material flags actually seem to do something of significance? Never really fiddled with those before.

So, the flags can change brightness, enable/disable "No Cull" (makes textures zero/one/two-sided), and... what else do they do? Might be handy for future reference.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
For the things I know, flag3 controls something related to the set of lights in the stage. I mean, characters and objects are not affected the same way by lights. Flag3 seems to be the 'group' of that model

And flag6 is the one responsable for that no-shadow effect in the pokemon. Also, inside textures, unknown8 or unknown9 (don't remember which one) had to do with some kind of smoothiness. There are some 2D stages very pixelated. unknown8 and unknown9 to 1 make them smooth (only one of them, don't remember which one)

These are the importants for me, don't remember if discovered anything more interesting in there xD

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
D: I thought I replied to your pm, i guess i got sidetracked and forgot to send it.

but um, the latios/latias model is just one model, so they animate by seperating from eachother and going across the screen, just as one model though.

The only way around this i would think, is to get a pokemon that can detach from itself..

The only thing i could think of that might look good and work, is Haunter.

Have his body stand in the middle of the stage for all the animations but his hands could fly around as if they were latias and latios.

edit: maybe even Magnezone, have his little magnets flying around =o
edit2: wouldn't king boo be easier with kirby and peaches crown o.o

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
D: I thought I replied to your pm, i guess i got sidetracked and forgot to send it.

but um, the latios/latias model is just one model, so they animate by seperating from eachother and going across the screen, just as one model though.

The only way around this i would think, is to get a pokemon that can detach from itself..

The only thing i could think of that might look good and work, is Haunter.

Have his body stand in the middle of the stage for all the animations but his hands could fly around as if they were latias and latios.

edit: maybe even Magnezone, have his little magnets flying around =o
edit2: wouldn't king boo be easier with kirby and peaches crown o.o
:093:

Yes please

OrlyMelee

Smash Cadet
For the things I know, flag3 controls something related to the set of lights in the stage. I mean, characters and objects are not affected the same way by lights. Flag3 seems to be the 'group' of that model

And flag6 is the one responsable for that no-shadow effect in the pokemon. Also, inside textures, unknown8 or unknown9 (don't remember which one) had to do with some kind of smoothiness. There are some 2D stages very pixelated. unknown8 and unknown9 to 1 make them smooth (only one of them, don't remember which one)

These are the importants for me, don't remember if discovered anything more interesting in there xD
nice.
could be useful for my super mario galaxy 2 yoshi texture.
ive ripped every texture and shaders from smg2 yoshi and put it on yoshi's dark subspace model and it all looks ok but.. it's way too light so maybe making it darker with some material flags might help..

But nobody here can help me with my Scizor issue?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
you gotta rename one of his bones to TransN.

its the second bone on the list i think. I think it might be called origin or something.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I was looking back at the first version of my Young Link today, and I gotta say he does look like a zombie. The scary part is that I didn't find much wrong with it back then.

so here's v3

Roo525

Smash Ace
Oh? Does that mean Flandre's wings are fully working now? *checks KC-MM thread*
For the most part, yes. Her wings' animations need to be changed in PSA for certain moves that she does, but right now their applied to evey animation, so it looks pretty good for now.

It's not on the KC-MM post yet.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Did you need to apply them to every animation? I once made Peach always hold her parasol by applying it to her standing animation.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Alright guys. Since you're the closest thing to Brawlbox experts I have available to me, I'm gonna pick your brains for a moment.

My brother, for as long as I can remember, has been super disappointed in the StarFox teams Final Smashes. Wolf, he could care less about, a giant tank does fit his style anyways.
He wants to know if anything can be done for Fox and Falco's FSs. He was thinking some kind of dual-pistol grand shooting combo for Fox, and maybe getting Falco a nice Arwing, as per his preferance.

What do you guys think. Doable?

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Alright guys. Since you're the closest thing to Brawlbox experts I have available to me, I'm gonna pick your brains for a moment.

My brother, for as long as I can remember, has been super disappointed in the StarFox teams Final Smashes. Wolf, he could care less about, a giant tank does fit his style anyways.
He wants to know if anything can be done for Fox and Falco's FSs. He was thinking some kind of dual-pistol grand shooting combo for Fox, and maybe getting Falco a nice Arwing, as per his preferance.

What do you guys think. Doable?
Some more simple things can be done.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2enc8d0.jpg
Like that ^
But changing the final smashes would take a lot of time for all the animating and model replacing, and then it would desynch on wifi as well. And Items are normally off so I don't think you could find anyone to make it for you.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Some more simple things can be done.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2enc8d0.jpg
Like that ^
But changing the final smashes would take a lot of time for all the animating and model replacing, and then it would desynch on wifi as well. And Items are normally off so I don't think you could find anyone to make it for you.
Yeah, it would desynch online play, just like anything else that wasn't a texture or something else very minor, but that obviously isn't a concern for most people considering Brawl's online is pretty much unplayable anyways. Also, your example is purely visual. It's still the landmaster.

Yeah, it would desynch online play, just like anything else that wasn't a texture or something else very minor, but that obviously isn't a concern for most people considering Brawl's online is pretty much unplayable anyways. Also, your example is purely visual. It's still the landmaster.
It isnt an issue for me. And i once used a Naruto PSA, where the FS was 2 slashes and a Kyuubi rage roar with considerable knockback and damage. No sword, no flying, no retardedness. I guess i can ask him instead.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I've seen a custom FS on Luigi and I think it was when PSAs were first getting popular too (not sure). Basically he just does that cannonball thing through the air until he hits something or goes off-screen. Kinda pointless, but still.

Top Bottom