• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I think he actually means that he wants to know the number of values between each instance of "9800" and wants that number divided by 3.
Bingo.

Although, actually, it would probably be better if it checked for "38912" instead, so that it only needs to write the amount in decimal and not hex. For example, just gonna take the first two sets from my sandvich model.

Code:
There are 99 values between the first "38912" and the second "38912", so it would write "33" directly after the identifier and before all of the values. And for the second set, it only has 9 values, so it would write "3" there.

Code:
So the end result would be something like that.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
have you tried to scale it and invert it in brawlbox (maybe silly question xD)
Doesn't sound silly to me, I've tried this before. And it works.

This is why I wanted to know if you could invert the textures. This makes Link right-handed, but as you can see... he's kind of a mess right now.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Doesn't sound silly to me, I've tried this before. And it works.

This is why I wanted to know if you could invert the textures. This makes Link right-handed, but as you can see... he's kind of a mess right now.
Yeah, I'll go try that out with the sandvich. Hope it works.

(EDIT: Waitaminnit... Now that I think about it, that probably was the way I fixed it before!)

(EDIT 2: Yes, that was the way how I fixed it before! I'm almost sure of it!)

Before...

...and after. I just need to flip it horizontally, and fix the lighting. Awesome! :D

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Maybe sometime later, but not right now.

Anyway... Gah, I'm rusty. Took me about an hour and a half to fix the invertedness of the sandvich. Stupid 3DS Max 2009. Time to finish re-re-building the polygon data now, and then the sandvich should be ready for consumption... I hope.
When you get a chance add haircomb to your steam friends list. If you get a chance... would you mind teaching me your ways? I have a few things I want to do (Zoey over Zero Suit Samus, things like that.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
When you get a chance add haircomb to your steam friends list. If you get a chance... would you mind teaching me your ways? I have a few things I want to do (Zoey over Zero Suit Samus, things like that.)
I'm gonna have to do some research on how MDL0s do their bone weights, but it could be possible to add Zoey or any other characters someday. I mean, if three people understand the MDL0 format (Pharrox, Kryal, and Kentilan), then I might be able to figure it out if I spent time on it.

Oh, and I'm gonna have to keep a mental note that I have to invert the normals for a model from now on if I want to convert it to MDL0. I've screwed up two times already for the sandvich because I forgot to do that... Third time's the charm, I hope.

But, anyway. After sandvich is done, the next thing I'll do is a model hack for Peach (for the one part where she's wearing Luigi's clothes), which will also help Roo525 with his Flandre hack. :)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

What was that, sandvich? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! Ahahahahaha!

It's all fixed, and not mirrored, either! I'll release it tomorrow after I optimize the MDL0 file a bit. :)

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You could have changed the material properties for that sandwich. I mean, the materials are now 1-sided, and they were in the wrong side. You can make materials 2-sided, the other 1-sided or even 0-sided (invisible) by changing the 'type' in each material in materials1.

0 makes it 2-sided, 1 and 2 are the two different 1-sided, and 3 makes it invisible.

I think that if you make this, you won't need to invert the normals anymore O.o

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
So...wait a second...is that a custom model not from a game with MDL0's?
If so then that means we can finally use custom models?!?!?
WHOOOOOO!!!!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
You could have changed the material properties for that sandwich. I mean, the materials are now 1-sided, and they were in the wrong side. You can make materials 2-sided, the other 1-sided or even 0-sided (invisible) by changing the 'type' in each material in materials1.

0 makes it 2-sided, 1 and 2 are the two different 1-sided, and 3 makes it invisible.

I think that if you make this, you won't need to invert the normals anymore O.o
Ah, didn't think of that. Oh, well. :p

WHOOOOOO!!!!
Yep. The method I used could potentially be used to import new character models, but since I haven't tried anything involving bone weights, it'll only work for props at the moment.

Fen__

Smash Ace
WHOOOOOO!!!!
You realize he first did this months ago, right? It still can't be used to import character models (or anything with rigging for that matter), so it's not of huge use yet. On top of that, the process is long and tedious.

Which was the original format of the sandwich? xD
I think Valve's games use MDL.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Yes, or SMD (the decompiled format). However, the original model input format doesn't matter, as I have to convert it to DAE anyway before converting it to MDL0.
That's what I wanted to know. So you are able to manually convert DAE to MDL0. We will have to open DAEs and MDL0 to learn new thingies xD

How to make him alternate between his expressions ?
I would have one model per expression, and I would make them to be in the same place. When you want to change the expression, you make one size 0, or a far far away z translation value, or something like that. Making this properly would make it look like there's only one with a changing face. That's similar to how I made my What Is Love stages indeed ^^U

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Terra (FairKnight version) [Credits to BeyondYou and Dizmo]

Its almost perfect but its just... since I streched Marth's skirt to make the pants, weird stuff happens when he walks O____o other then that its pretty good

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
Terra (FairKnight version) [Credits to BeyondYou and Dizmo]

Its almost perfect but its just... since I streched Marth's skirt to make the pants, weird stuff happens when he walks O____o other then that its pretty good
Awesome.
I love bbs
do you think you can make a pit keyblade vertex hack next for the people over at kc:mm that are trying to make a sora psa?

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Yep. The method I used could potentially be used to import new character models, but since I haven't tried anything involving bone weights, it'll only work for props at the moment.
BUT IT WORKS!!
And that's all I need to hear.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk

What was that, sandvich? "Kill them all"? GOOD IDEA! Ahahahahaha!

It's all fixed, and not mirrored, either! I'll release it tomorrow after I optimize the MDL0 file a bit. :)
OMG SANDVICH! <3 I wanty!

LULZ REPLACING BOSSES WITH WALUIGI MAKES MY TOES TASTE GOOOOOOOD :D

and petey waluigi in-game.
Aww, were you expecting Petey Pirahna? TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love Brawl In The Family.

That's brilliant!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
okay, I tried

and walkable ultimate chimera :D

everyone seems to be happy about it xD
and yes, If someone could post me an professor or laboratory texture on one character (or one pigmask texture) would be sweet. one machinima will be made when :D
LULZ REPLACING BOSSES WITH WALUIGI MAKES MY TOES TASTE GOOOOOOOD :D
*TASTED GOOD TOE!*

and petey waluigi in-game.
*LOL*
roflmao :D

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, is that sandvich playable? if not, i think a sandvich w/ marth's moveset for its toothpick would just be friggin awesome. maybe a mix of link ike and marth movesets, cuz some of the moves aren't fit for a sandvich.
I was actually thinking that it would be more appropriate as a Meta Knight replacement. With Gunboats for feet, K.G.B.s for hands, and an Eyelander replacing the sword.

But, no, that one's not playable, it just replaces the Maxim Tomato. After I've tested it out again (I've changed a couple of things in the MDL0 file), then I'll be releasing it. :)

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Aww, were you expecting Petey Pirahna? TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I love Brawl In The Family.

That's brilliant!
couldn't agree with you more, BITF is awesome :D that's why I love waluigi.

and I'm going to make a boss pack where every boss is replaced with waluigi.
so far, pork-uigi is going beautifully. He fires mini waluigi's. :laugh:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
couldn't agree with you more, BITF is awesome :D that's why I love waluigi.

and I'm going to make a boss pack where every boss is replaced with waluigi.
so far, pork-uigi is going beautifully. He fires mini waluigi's. :laugh:
Make the Master and Crazy Hand Mario and Luigi's hats :p

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
WAAAAAAA! WALUIGI TIME! :laugh: WARNING! LONG POST AHEAD!
Caution: 10 mutated Waluigi clones are on the loose
waaaa my evil plan makes it so you don't know what boss you are gonna fight, WAAAA!

Master Waluigi

Crazy Waluigi

Waluidley

Meta-Waluidley

Waluom

Petey Waluigi

Waluon

Porkuigi (& mini-Porkuigi. I might make a mini-pokuigi as a character, they is cute in a hideous way)

Waluaza (Yeah, I know, it kind of fails. he looks like a pogo stick.)

And Finally *drumroll* Ultimate Waluigi

DL LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jz132fjzk4w/WAAAA.rar

Top Bottom