• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Roo525

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess I can add that to my model hack to-do list. Do you have the hat available, or know where to get it from? Doesn't have to be from another game with MDL0s.
All I need is for it to be replaced with Luigi's hat, then I can vertex edit it from there. If you need the model for Flandre, it's here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/3c90aa5adc_2.94MB

If you can do this, Thank you very much. :)

Thanks for not mentioning me again roo... I'm helping with psa as well are you trying to replace me?
Yeah, I know sorry. :crying:

When this project is allowed to have it's own thread, all who participated will be mentioned, and you'll be the top of the list for PSA.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
All I need is for it to be replaced with Luigi's hat, then I can vertex edit it from there. If you need the model for Flandre, it's here:

http://myfreefilehosting.com/f/3c90aa5adc_2.94MB

If you can do this, Thank you very much. :)
Well, if you're gonna do a vertex hat of Luigi's hat, then that should be fine. :)

But before I work on that, I'm feeling a little hungry... Hint, hint.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I mean it looks like a Jeff edit, doesn't it?

It goes on Jeff.

Roo525

Smash Ace
Well, if you're gonna do a vertex hat of Luigi's hat, then that should be fine. :)

But before I work on that, I'm feeling a little hungry... Hint, hint.
Hey, thanks alot! And just go ahead and eat that sandwich you just made. It'll fill you up well.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
then iv'e never eaten a sandwich iv'e liked
A "sandvich" is not the same as your run-of-the-mill sandwiches. It's the Heavy's food of choice! (Either that, or the Dalokohs Bar.)

Anyway, gonna test it out in Brawl in a few minutes. (I had to shrink down the textures of the coins, bill, CD, and sticker just to make sure Its Majesty could fit.)

Roo525

Smash Ace
A "sandvich" is not the same as your run-of-the-mill sandwiches. It's the Heavy's food of choice! (Either that, or the Dalokohs Bar.)

Anyway, gonna test it out in Brawl in a few minutes. (I had to shrink down the textures of the coins, bill, CD, and sticker just to make sure Its Majesty could fit.)
You should make every item in the game a Sandvich, you know, one for the ray gun:

-Gun-vich

One for the smart bomb:

-Bomb-vich

And one for the smash ball

-Smash-vich

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hah hah, dang. Since it's been a while since I've converted a model, I had forgotten one thing for the Sandvich...

I need to flip the normals so that it won't be inside out! But it does work, nonetheless!

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Hah hah, dang. Since it's been a while since I've converted a model, I had forgotten one thing for the Sandvich...

I need to flip the normals so that it won't be inside out! But it does work, nonetheless!
AWESOME!!! :)
and are you going to post a tutorial on how to hex the models?

also, doesn't TF2 use .mdl files? so, like every file for garrysmod should work. such as this?
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=84743
had pigmask soilder in mind.

Fen__

Smash Ace

also, doesn't TF2 use .mdl files? so, like every file for garrysmod should work. such as this?
Not even close. The format Brawl needs is MDL0, not MDL. When RTB posts these models, they're converted manually by him because he really, really knows what he's doing with the MDL0 format. He's already posted how to do it in the MDL0 thread if you want to try your hand at it. He has not done this while keeping the rigging for a model yet as far as I know, so that would just add complexity to the already tedious process.

tl;dr: No to everything.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Well, TF2 (and any other Source-based game) uses MDL, but that's completely different than the Wii's MDL0. This and the two Jigglypuff hats were converted to the MDL0 format by hand, which is a long and time-consuming process. (Took me about 4 hours just for the Sandvich, but about an hour of that was trying to remember how I did it in the first place, since I haven't done so in months.)

I've honestly never tried assembling a rigged model yet, mainly because I haven't looked into bone weights, which is why my three conversions so far have all been props. Maybe I'll take a look at the BrawlBox source again and see how it's done.

Epic Sammich.

On a different note, judging by the above statement... you can make things inside-out? If so, I have a request.
It's basically just inverting the normals, but yes, you could make things inside-out.

(EDIT: Wait. Doing that for the sandvich didn't fix it. What was it that I did to fix it the first time, then...?)

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
Yea i have because i have some kingdom hearts and dbz models that i need to get into 3ds max and i can't figure out how

Fen__

Smash Ace
Yea i have because i have some kingdom hearts and dbz models that i need to get into 3ds max and i can't figure out how
What are you even responding to? You didn't quote a post. Also, I don't know where the DBZ models you're talking about come from, but there is no game that has Kingdom Hearts models in MDL0 format.

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
What are you even responding to? You didn't quote a post. Also, I don't know where the DBZ models you're talking about come from, but there is no game that has Kingdom Hearts models in MDL0 format.
oh sorry i meant to quote kangaroogreen. Well yeah I thought that tf2 models were in mdl format and needed to be hexed to mdl0 format. I thought that a part of this process needed to be done in 3ds max. I have some dbz and kingdom hearts 2 models in mdl format which is why i said that. I should have been more clearer.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I must obtain this knowledge.
I stand corrected. Inverting the normals is what I did to change the upside-down lighting, not to fix the inside-out models.

To fix the inside-out sandvich, I'll have to rebuild the polygon data again. It was a problem with the stupid smoothing groups... :x

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Magic.

I know most of the MDL0 format. Enough to create my own prop MDL0 files for Brawl, but not enough for characters with rigging.
It would make my life if you gave someone, or made the Blutsauger a usable weapon. Also, just out of curiosity, what is your steam ID?

EDIT: Kritzkrieg over the Superscope would be pretty sweet.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
It would make my life if you gave someone, or made the Blutsauger a usable weapon. Also, just out of curiosity, what is your steam ID?

EDIT: Kritzkrieg over the Superscope would be pretty sweet.
Maybe sometime later, but not right now.

Anyway... Gah, I'm rusty. Took me about an hour and a half to fix the invertedness of the sandvich. Stupid 3DS Max 2009. Time to finish re-re-building the polygon data now, and then the sandvich should be ready for consumption... I hope.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
asgjkhdhmbvcklvnmgrleshtgrpyutwe

Sandvich attempt #2. Completely re-did the polygon data (there goes another 3 hours) AND made sure that the normals were gonna work by exporting the DAE before I finished and checking it in 3DS Max, and what happens? I get a teeny tiny sandvich (it's barely visible on the right side of the picture) that is STILL inside out, and has inverted lighting... Jeez, what am I doing wrong THIS time?

I'm gonna try scaling it back up to size and flipping the normals again, but if it doesn't work after that, I'm gonna be really disappointed, as I spent all day trying to get it to work...

I guess this would be the perfect time to ask this question... Can anybody who knows how to code help me out by making a program that counts how many values are between each set of "9800", divided by 3? It would save me countless hours of counting those numbers by hand... Preferably something like that Java hex converter that I requested a while back (thanks so much for that!).

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
asgjkhdhmbvcklvnmgrleshtgrpyutwe

*poor little sandvich*
Sandvich attempt #2. Completely re-did the polygon data (there goes another 3 hours) AND made sure that the normals were gonna work by exporting the DAE before I finished and checking it in 3DS Max, and what happens? I get a teeny tiny sandvich (it's barely visible on the right side of the picture) that is STILL inside out, and has inverted lighting... Jeez, what am I doing wrong THIS time?

I'm gonna try scaling it back up to size and flipping the normals again, but if it doesn't work after that, I'm gonna be really disappointed, as I spent all day trying to get it to work...

I guess this would be the perfect time to ask this question... Can anybody who knows how to code help me out by making a program that counts how many values are between each set of "9800", divided by 3? It would save me countless hours of counting those numbers by hand... Preferably something like that Java hex converter that I requested a while back (thanks so much for that!).
nice with the sandvich but too bad with these problems D:. have you tried to scale it and invert it in brawlbox (maybe silly question xD)

what do you mean like dec to hex? (ex 300dec to 12C hex?)

oh, If I understand right, your answer on your question is CC2 values between each set.
9800 dec = 2648 hex /3 = CC2

Fen__

Smash Ace
nice with the sandvich but too bad with these problems D:. have you tried to scale it and invert it in brawlbox (maybe silly question xD)

what do you mean like dec to hex? (ex 300dec to 12C hex?)

oh, If I understand right, your answer on your question is CC2 values between each set.
9800 dec = 2648 hex /3 = CC2
I think he actually means that he wants to know the number of values between each instance of "9800" and wants that number divided by 3.

Top Bottom