• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
The hair is messed up because it was done with vertex editing. It just needs to be tweeked.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Aren't keeping up with KC:MM? That's the cloud they've been hyping for the past month. The focus was meant to be on the stage XD Which indeed looks epic.
Knowing about the character's release previously doesn't change that the only focus in the image is on the character.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Aren't keeping up with KC:MM? That's the cloud they've been hyping for the past month. The focus was meant to be on the stage XD Which indeed looks epic.
A whole month they'ved hyped that? Dang, that does not look like it took a whole month to do, looks sub-par ._.

Fen__

Smash Ace
A whole month they'ved hyped that? Dang, that does not look like it took a whole month to do, looks sub-par ._.
You do realize that it is Ike's model, but just heavily vertex edited, right? I don't think you understand how ridiculously tedious a task like that must be.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Well, they are also making a brand new moveset, which has yet to be released. Not to mention they're going to fix up the appearance a bit too.
You do realize that it is Ike's model, but just heavily vertex edited, right? I don't think you understand how ridiculously tedious a task like that must be.
I understand this, but why release something that still has visual imperfections? I'd rather it take longer and have it all fixed up n such ;~; That's just my two cents, I'm dissapointed basically.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the longer it takes, you're going to expect more and more, and then we reveal it to you and you still have negative things to say about it.

Basically we should've had weekly updates about it, that way you would've known how things were going.

We'll do that for the next project we're doing atm.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Yeah, but the longer it takes, you're going to expect more and more, and then we reveal it to you and you still have negative things to say about it.

Basically we should've had weekly updates about it, that way you would've known how things were going.

We'll do that for the next project we're doing atm.
That would work, then you could get feedback about what people think needs improvement :D.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll get the Midgar stage up later today. It's simply a retexture of The Canyon stage from SSE.

Zephron

Smash Ace
That would work, then you could get feedback about what people think needs improvement :D.
Well we're not going to show you everything we're doing. :p

I imagine the updates would rarely include pics, but explain what part we're working on, what problems we're facing, and what we're planning to do to fix them, as well as cool random tidbits like polls for re-color colors, and reading comment suggestions and answering questions.

Cloud was essentially:

KCMM: "Hey, we're working on something."

"Whaaaa??"

*1 month later*

"Here ya go."

Jack helped a lot with the discussion thread, but we really need more.

It's going to be a lot more in touch.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I understand this, but why release something that still has visual imperfections? I'd rather it take longer and have it all fixed up n such ;~; That's just my two cents, I'm dissapointed basically.
More like you're just people picky. Quit being an ******* and just fix it up yourself if you wanna whine that much. Try appreciating what people actually work hard to do rather than shooting it down.

What's with all of these ungrateful people lately? Honestly. >_>

Edit: How does ******* NOT get censored? O_o

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
More like you're just people picky. Quit being an asswipe and just fix it up yourself if you wanna whine that much. Try appreciating what people actually work hard to do rather than shooting it down.

What's with all of these ungrateful people lately? Honestly. >_>

Edit: How does asswipe NOT get censored? O_o
That was completely uncalled for. I'm simply giving a suggestion that I'm not happy with it and they should revise it. I'm not whining either, hell, I don't even like Cloud, I'd just like to see this get done...better, the texture's great, the sword is wonderful, the hair is what throws me off... It looks kinda like a pom pom lol. I'm not ungrateful, I'm just not happy with the result and feel it could have been better.

EDIT: Also, some of the best critiques I used to get were the comments that would state what is bad about it rather than praising the thing as a whole. I don't really do much hacking anymore, but when I did, the bad comments were the ones that helped me grow the most.

Fen__

Smash Ace
That was completely uncalled for. I'm simply giving a suggestion that I'm not happy with it and they should revise it. I'm not whining either, hell, I don't even like Cloud, I'd just like to see this get done...better, the texture's great, the sword is wonderful, the hair is what throws me off... It looks kinda like a pom pom lol. I'm not ungrateful, I'm just not happy with the result and feel it could have been better.

EDIT: Also, some of the best critiques I used to get were the comments that would state what is bad about it rather than praising the thing as a whole. I don't really do much hacking anymore, but when I did, the bad comments were the ones that helped me grow the most.
Constructive criticism != insulting. You seriously asked why they would release something with "visual imperfections". I'm sure they realize the hair isn't exactly like the original Cloud; it's pretty hard not to. I'm sure they did their best on the hair. Just try to appreciate what was done. They've already gotten plenty of complaints about the hair. Maybe they'll release another version with improved hair if they're able to do it, but otherwise, you should just chill and not insult their very good work. I imagine vertex editing that hair wasn't exactly easy or quick.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Constructive criticism != insulting. You seriously asked why they would release something with "visual imperfections". I'm sure they realize the hair isn't exactly like the original Cloud; it's pretty hard not to. I'm sure they did their best on the hair. Just try to appreciate what was done. They've already gotten plenty of complaints about the hair. Maybe they'll release another version with improved hair if they're able to do it, but otherwise, you should just chill and not insult their very good work. I imagine vertex editing that hair wasn't exactly easy or quick.
^ Pretty much all of this. I'd like to see you go over to KC:MM and repeat the same thing you've said here and see how they react Lat, since plenty of people have already spoken the exact same thing as you.

Also

I'm not ungrateful, I'm just not happy with the result and feel it could have been better.
And since when did it matter whether you were happy with the result or not? (Especially since you don't even like Cloud.) It's not like you worked on it. Nobody works for you and nobody has to please you. And don't give me that "constructive criticism" bull****. Too many people hide behind and shield themselves with that term. All you're doing is just whining, being nitpicky and complaining. Nothing more. You've said nothing to actually provide any useful information or any ways they could actually make it better, like actual tips for the vertex editing. Hoe about you try that one out?

Lucky for you, they're actually already almost done with version 2 for the hair. They've pretty much fixed all the things everyone has *****ed consistently about, albeit it looks like they'll be using the ****ty AC hairstyle. But you wouldn't know that, would you?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Enough. Continue this in VM/PM's guys, this is not the thread to be arguing about it.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Seeing that Jiggs reminds me of RandomTBush's crown Jigglypuff model a while back.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Seeing that Jiggs reminds me of RandomTBrush's crown Jigglypuff model a while back.
Yeah, I would've released that by now, except I want to add the jewels to it. That, and modify the properties so that it shines like Peach's crown does. Oh, and that makes the 10th person now to misspell my name. It's "Bush", not "Brush". There's no "R" there. :V

I'm still awaiting the arrival of Bill's Hat jigglypuff ;~;
Gimme some time, I'll figure out why it doesn't wanna work. :<

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would've released that, but I want to add the jewels to it. That, and modify the properties so that it shines like Peach's crown does. Oh, and that makes the 10th person now to misspell my name. It's "Bush", not "Brush". There's no "R" there. :V

lol i always thought it was "brush" like random tooth brush D:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Yeah, I would've released that by now, except I want to add the jewels to it. That, and modify the properties so that it shines like Peach's crown does. Oh, and that makes the 10th person now to misspell my name. It's "Bush", not "Brush". There's no "R" there. :V

lol k
10char

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
lol i always thought it was "brush" like random tooth brush D:
My username here is actually a slightly shorter form for "Random Talking Bush", which was my online alias that I thought up of when I was at The Fallout Shelter a long time ago (and good riddance to that place, I say). A few of the forums I've been to have a name length limit, so I've used "RandomTBush" instead. Aaaaand I've used that one for pretty much every other forum I go to, other than MFGG and The Spriters Resource.

Alphatron

Smash Champion

Ah, sorry about that. I always say it as Brush for some reason even though there was no R. Fixed my mistake though.

And take your time with it. I'm trying to learn a bit about how the models and stuff work myself but hex editing intimidates me.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ah, sorry about that. I always say it as Brush for some reason even though there was no R. Fixed my mistake though.

And take your time with it. I'm trying to learn a bit about how the models and stuff work myself but hex editing intimidates me.
S'alright, it's a common mistake. It's not like I haven't misspelled someone else's name before. :V

And I'm pretty sure once I figure out what's making the Bill's hat not want to work, I'll be able to fix up the crowned Jigglypuff sometime shortly afterwards. I think the reason why it doesn't want to work right now is because of the materials needing to be re-linked properly, since it was working fine until I expanded the MDL0.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
My username here is actually a slightly shorter form for "Random Talking Bush", which was my online alias that I thought up of when I was at The Fallout Shelter a long time ago (and good riddance to that place, I say). A few of the forums I've been to have a name length limit, so I've used "RandomTBush" instead. Aaaaand I've used that one for pretty much every other forum I go to, other than MFGG and The Spriters Resource.
Wait, you're that spriter Random Talking Bush? Cool, I've seen a lot of your stuff.

On a more related topic, how'd you pull off those mustaches? The same method as Roy's hair?

Top Bottom