• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Somewhere in Japan, Sakurai is crying. I just know it. XD

The floodgates to a whole new universe of Brawl Hacking have been opened. Everybody ready? :3

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Of course, Eldiran, feel free to do anything. And brawlshifter, we aren't using anything of what he made, we are making the animations and PSA from scratch. Maybe we could use his PSA, but for now, we're doing custom animations and textures.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
And brawlshifter, we aren't using anything of what he made, we are making the animations and PSA from scratch. Maybe we could use his PSA, but for now, we're doing custom animations and textures.
Even Eldiran himself said he was going to completely redo the moveset once he got the model, I just meant that after all the work he put into it, Zero is pretty much his project.

I don't want to speak for him or anything, but that's my opinion. No offense to you or your collab.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Even Eldiran himself said he was going to completely redo the moveset once he got the model, I just meant that after all the work he put into it, Zero is pretty much his project.

I don't want to speak for him or anything, but that's my opinion. No offense to you or your collab.
I feel the same way. I wouldn't like to see the innovator forced to work with someone else's product and having little say in what was done. You should be taking his ideas and using them. However, I honestly don't think it will be an issue and I hold the utmost respect for everyone working on this.

I'd say you now have an awesome collaborative effort of your own to tout over KC:MM's Cloud :p

Fen__

Smash Ace
Eldiran's Zero is very good, but no user has ownership of a character. If 97429 other people want to each make their own Zero, then they can, and they each have the right to be just as successful as Eldiran's.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Of course, Eldiran, feel free to do anything. And brawlshifter, we aren't using anything of what he made, we are making the animations and PSA from scratch. Maybe we could use his PSA, but for now, we're doing custom animations and textures.
Okay. It's cool; I've resolved to continue making Zero regardless. Hopefully when we both get further, we might be able to combine the best parts of our respective Zeros to get the best possible result.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Okay. It's cool; I've resolved to continue making Zero regardless. Hopefully when we both get further, we might be able to combine the best parts of our respective Zeros to get the best possible result.
I would love to see Zero. Are you intending to place him over Link still? Because I would double love you.

@Fen, it's kind of a respect thing. True no one owns the characters, but, why steal someone's thunder?

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
BigSharkZ, that's great, can't wait.

Why don't you intend to release the model? Even if you haven't made changes to anything but size, that's still very helpful for many. Wouldn't you like to share your work? By letting the community work with it, some may be able to contribute and advance the method of hacking.

Revven

FrankerZ
BSZ, I think a lot of those graphical glitches have to also do with the fact that you had to resize him with PSA and thus, his hurtbox is wayy, wayy bigger among with things related to his size (the dust marks for example are also huge).

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
BSZ, I think a lot of those graphical glitches have to also do with the fact that you had to resize him with PSA and thus, his hurtbox is wayy, wayy bigger among with things related to his size (the dust marks for example are also huge).
They're being fixed in PSA as we speak. The effects will be reduced in size too.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks, and I got it a bit closer to working, though still not fully...

The layer order is fixed, so the background is actually in the back... Also, now the background is the Earth at sunset and the Zaku is slightly shaded to match.

The current issues (2) are that the front most layer, which should be fully transparent, is instead fully black, even though transparency definitely can be used (I tested that it can be). The other issue is that the layer with the Zaku appears glitched in game, having only around 20 colors which are random (greens, etc.). I lowered the color count, but any other advice?

Here's the newer verison-
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XGG4AA6L

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
For the transparency, try switching black and transparency in the image. Some files use black as transparent, and transparent as black.

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
Out of Subspace and into Brawl. Ganon's SSE Battleship makes its debut.

I wonder if I can get the canon to shoot.

It's a huge stage as you can see but the back is really eye candy.

But as you can see it is only 50% finished. Pokemon Trainer needs to be positioned, some collisions need to be fixed and will someone, anyone help me with the background. It looks fine in brawlbox, but the background is completely black in-game as you can see.

And of course I have to credit those to who helped me in my time of need:
Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that sounds possible. I tried making a small area transparent to test it, and simple deletion worked. Although, perhaps that only works when I do part, and not the whole thing? Also, dammit, I hate when people don't show preview pics of the hack... and then I forgot to... dammit... so yea, here's what should display-

http://i46.tinypic.com/16ryn8.jpg

The platform is his main tube thingy, and you can see the edges where there's a bit more gray.

EDIT: That spaceships looking good, mah sir.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
With model importing showing up, someone really needs to find a way to copy characters so we can replace 1 and use a hack on the other, like make 2 Links, and have them load individually(cause I really wanna play as Zero AND Link), but that will probably take a long time right?

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Awesome!! ^^ I can't wait til you fix this up, it looks really sweet. I've always liked the SSE Battleship ever since I saw it during that cutscene. It's so massive and powerful looking XD.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman

*Epic*

I wonder if I can get the canon to shoot.

*More epic*

It's a huge stage as you can see but the back is really eye candy.

But as you can see it is only 50% finished. Pokemon Trainer needs to be positioned, some collisions need to be fixed and will someone, anyone help me with the background. It looks fine in brawlbox, but the background is completely black in-game as you can see.

Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ
Holy crap man, I've been waiting for this stage ever since I beat the SSE o.o

You have my full support. (Btw; how big actually is it, what part of it do you fight on?)

Razanak7

Smash Ace

Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ
I helped with this? When did that happen? :dizzy:

And I might be able to fix the background.

>_> <_<

*is definitely not trying to get a preemptive release* :chuckle:

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Yep, still over Link! He's got the perfect sword glows, projectiles, and sound effects for it. Not to mention plenty of editing room and extra graphics to replace.
You've probably already thought of this, but, his running animation should be like his dashing animation in Megaman X 4-6 with the trail behind him and everything, if possible :D.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
You've probably already thought of this, but, his running animation should be like his dashing animation in Megaman X 4-6 with the trail behind him and everything, if possible :D.
Yeah, but Zero's dash is already his side b move in the current moveset, which plays more like how it worked in the X series rather than him constantly dashing.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Yeah, but Zero's dash is already his side b move in the current moveset, which plays more like how it worked in the X series rather than him constantly dashing.
Eldiran's said he was going to redo the moveset if model swapping became possible. I think he mentioned the side special as being one of the moves that he would replace, too.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Eldiran's said he was going to redo the moveset if model swapping became possible. I think he mentioned the side special as being one of the moves that he would replace, too.
Eh, but I still wouldn't want Zero to constantly dash. I just think that'd look weird XD. But anyway, I won't complain if he does, that's just my opinion.

Apocolypse3000

Smash Cadet
This is a lot better.

Pretty big.

Well guys here is the beta release. I was getting a bit to excited so I felt it was time to send it out.
There are still some things I have yet to implement but that may take some time. Pkmn Trainer and one of the collision points on the stage are a bit questionable but for the most part itsa beaut.

Couldn't decide which one I wanted to release but they are pretty much the same, so have at. It goes over the Online Training Stage.

Download Here for the normal version.

Download Here
for a nice windy effect while you fight.

All I ask is that you guys have fun and feel inspired to change the texture, the background completely, or even port it to a different stage. (I hope you upload whatever you make)

Special thanks to:
Mewtwo_2000
Razanak7
RandomTBush
BigSharkZ
Brawlshifter
Eldiran

Top Bottom