• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Dchen

Smash Rookie
@NinjaLink
Because you need the uncompressed file of it. The one he includes is compressed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The background music on that stage was nostalgic. My nostalgia cancer is coming back D:

And nice job on that, Wave :3
Thanks a lot! :3

Also, Super Hand, your CSS background doesn't work. I'm using the exact same one, unedited, and my CSS looks the same no matter how many times I restart the Wii. And yes, I have it in the right folder. XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I figured that out already. Don't worry. XD

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
^EVERYTHING that stage is completely gay,use a better floor and not something gay like a cat.-_-
no hard feelings and no offense im just telling you to make it better.CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
^EVERYTHING that stage is completely gay,use a better floor and not something gay like a cat.-_-
no hard feelings and no offense im just telling you to make it better.CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
I'm not familiar with the series this stage comes from, but it is well made and those who it is meant for will surely enjoy it. I'm not a fan of the Digimon franchise, but I respect the Flamedramon PSA as a great character. If a project pleases it's target it has succeeded.

I agree that it is to 'cute' for my taste, but thats just MY taste.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hey, can someone test my Samus texture. Game froze at SSS, though I'm not sure if I set the gct up incorrectly or if it is the texture itself. Maybe it was the pcs I was using?

Anyways, pac and pcs.

I'm kinda new to actually using hacks myself(last time I ran a hack on my Wii was back near the beginings of Brawl +, to put things in perspective). ^_^; So any help would be appreciated.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Ugh, even more problems. I'm working on a stage like I did any others, and it freezes for no reason. Does it matter with the fact that I used 2 pictures of 8192 x 512. with big values for the scaling?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
8192 x 512 Holy crap.

I'm going to call that a file size issue?
Yeah, it's THAT long, haha. It's Future Highway from Mega Man X that I'm making. So you think that is the issue? Aren't some backgrounds in Brawl that big?

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's THAT long, haha. It's Future Highway from Mega Man X that I'm making. So you think that is the issue? Aren't some backgrounds in Brawl that big?
The longest one that comes to mind is Mushroomy Kingdom's sky, and that's 1024x512. Why would you need it to be that big? The SNES background wasn't that long, was it?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
The longest one that comes to mind is Mushroomy Kingdom's sky, and that's 1024x512. Why would you need it to be that big? The SNES background wasn't that long, was it?
It's actually 7080 x 400 something, so I re-sized it to the most similar values. I already had the platform ripped, but had to remove the background and make it custom based on pictures, but it looks identical to the original, after messing a while with it. When making it any smaller than 8192 x 512, the quality just gets really bad and a lot of pixels are lost. Now, even KuroBit took a look at it and said the size was a problem. :/

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Hey, can someone test my Samus texture. Game froze at SSS, though I'm not sure if I set the gct up incorrectly or if it is the texture itself. Maybe it was the pcs I was using?

Anyways, pac and pcs.

I'm kinda new to actually using hacks myself(last time I ran a hack on my Wii was back near the beginings of Brawl +, to put things in perspective). ^_^; So any help would be appreciated.
currently testing

Edit: Well it worked sorta... just look.

the shading doesn't effect it but it is always almost completely white.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
It's actually 7080 x 400 something, so I re-sized it to the most similar values. I already had the platform ripped, but had to remove the background and make it custom based on pictures, but it looks identical to the original, after messing a while with it. When making it any smaller than 8192 x 512, the quality just gets really bad and a lot of pixels are lost. Now, even KuroBit took a look at it and said the size was a problem. :/
It's that the problem for sure, when I replaced luigi's mansion's background for the lava one, I had to replace almost every texture because of the size, after doing this worked

I think you should divide the object you're trying to put intro 3, 4 objects with lower size

I mean, put 16 512x512 textures in 16 consecutive backgrounds instead of one in 8192x512

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
It's that the problem for sure, when I replaced luigi's mansion's background for the lava one, I had to replace almost every texture because of the size, after doing this worked

I think you should divide the object you're trying to put intro 3, 4 objects with lower size

I mean, put 16 512x512 textures in 16 consecutive backgrounds instead of one in 8192x512
Heh, well I managed to get it working with 4096 x 512, but the textures are messed up for some reason..so I tried 4096 x 4096 and it froze without the beep. Sleep time.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You must keep the relation between dimensions in a texture

I mean, if you use the 2D items of advance wars, and their textures are 64x64, if you put 128x64, the image won't fit as brawlbox shows, it will be cut or messy

And 4092x4092 is still too big, that's the problem, so it's probably better cut that huge background in some smaller subbackgrounds

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
currently testing

Edit: Well it worked sorta... just look.

the shading doesn't effect it but it is always almost completely white.
Hmm....I probably just fail at setting up a GCT.

Anyways, I think it is the shading texture that makes it show up like that....:urg:

Oh well, I can always go make a pac without it and then test it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

I mean, if you use the 2D items of advance wars, and their textures are 64x64, if you put 128x64, the image won't fit as brawlbox shows, it will be cut or messy

And 4092x4092 is still too big, that's the problem, so it's probably better cut that huge background in some smaller subbackgrounds
Alright. That's what I guessed. Thanks.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice

Whoops, I was wrong. I told you that wasn't the problem x_x...

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I've finally gotten back to work on Pokemon Trainer and Ridley, but does anyone know how to get rid of Olimar's antenna glow? It's kind of weird to see a light glowing from inside PT's head.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Relax shifter. It's fine to ask here since it's just a quick question and people know that he's been working on those two.

You need to loosen up. Not everything has to be criticized with "doesn't belong here" ya know. XD

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Relax shifter. It' fine to ask here since it's just a quick question and people know that he's been working on those two.

You need to loosen up. Not everything has to be criticized with "doesn't belong here" ya know. XD
Huh? I was just mentioning it, plus I answered his question, and I really just didn't want someone else to say the same thing about my post. (Which has happened before, and I hate when it does.)

EDIT: ^ Happy now?

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, what do you actually do with .rel files? If you don't use code, can you not use those certain files?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Niiice! Good work. Except... but... I wanted to make Zero. If you guys are seriously making him -- could I join in on this collab?
In my opinion, it should be the other way around, since you have spent months working on a moveset and creating animations and textures, and all they did was make the model, which you would have done anyways sometime soon (no offense to the rest of you).

They should be asking to join your collab.

Top Bottom