• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I've been ******* around with this since it released last night, and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't ran into any of the save problems that people have been talking about yet, but maybe I'm just lucky.

Something to note: DON'T try to even open up a stage with the Beta Block in the Brawl stage editor. Xane said in the SS crack thread that the game crashes only if you hover your mouse on the piece; that's wrong. The game crashes on loading the stage into the builder at all. So make sure to just copy from the SD card, not copy & edit.

Other than that, I'm gravy.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
this is simply amazing! I can't wait to see what else you're able to do with this! I really admire how professional the editor looks.

One question, will it be possible to add the backgrounds from Target Test/SSE to custom stages? I always thought we got screwed over when it came to the variety of level patterns.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Maybe I'm dumb, but I saved the stage to my SD card, loaded up the game and got nothing. Do I need to have some Ocarina Codes turned on or in my normal code selection for Brawl plus or did I just do something wrong?

The file is the usual .bin so I don't know...

EDIT: I just downloaded it like 15 minutes ago, so I have the newest version. (I believe)

Revven

FrankerZ
Maybe I'm dumb, but I saved the stage to my SD card, loaded up the game and got nothing. Do I need to have some Ocarina Codes turned on or in my normal code selection for Brawl plus or did I just do something wrong?

The file is the usual .bin so I don't know...

EDIT: I just downloaded it like 15 minutes ago, so I have the newest version. (I believe)
Did you put the .bin in the stages folder the Wii creates whenever you save a Stage Builder stage to your SD Card? If not, that's where it needs to be.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Respawn points are messed up. Everytime I respawn I automatically die. :(

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
This is a know issue now, got several reportings that is has to do with the placement of blocks around the border of the grid.
Since I curently don't have my Wii, I can't test it myself. :/
So I have to depend on the help of other people finding out the correct cause of this problem.

I'll try to get my Wii back as soon as possible.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
This is awesome! I'm totally going to try this out soon. Much thanks on making this.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
This can be easily fixed by not turning off the stage boundaries and only placing blocks on valid stage areas. I used to have this happen when I was using the Ocarina codes for no boundaries. On a related note, I had an issue with spawn points, but it wasn't stage breaking. Sometimes, when a match starts the characters don't use their unique entry animations; they just spawn and fall onto the stage. Just something to note; I'll test more to see if there is a reason or not.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
help me xane?
Tell me the graphic card you're using.. I'm sure it's not supported.
I assume you either have a weak on-board card or a really old one. :/
It must at least run DirectX7 / OpenGL 1.x

bobson

Smash Lord
First thing I did was make a stage with nothing in it and have an infinite-jumps-code air fight.
Five stars.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
I think I already know the answer, but I have to ask - can it ever be possible to vertically flip an object?

Fantastic job though! I'm very fluent with the game's stage editor so getting used to this one might take a while but I can see its advantages.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
On a related note, I had an issue with spawn points, but it wasn't stage breaking. Sometimes, when a match starts the characters don't use their unique entry animations; they just spawn and fall onto the stage.
This is just a guess (I haven't even used the program yet) but maybe it's because you're placing the spawning points in the air?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Cool. I'll have to try this later.... o-o

I have a question though... Is it AT ALL possible to put water sections on created stages? x_X

n88

Smash Lord
FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job with this.

I've only found 1 bug:
The program crashes when I save a stage, but the stage is still intact.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Cool. I'll have to try this later.... o-o

I have a question though... Is it AT ALL possible to put water sections on created stages? x_X
All objects I offer in the Stage Studio are ALL possible objects for custom stages.
So sadly no, it's the restriction of the game itself, which doesn't allow us to get other IDs into the stage builder, since they're all seperate modules.

EDIT:
FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great job with this.

I've only found 1 bug:
The program crashes when I save a stage, but the stage is still intact.
Mh strange.. might want to send me the stage?

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
I got a really strange bug that misplaced one of my columns a block too low. When I deleted it, however, everything turned into a jumble of white polygons that I could walk through. Was strange to say the least.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I got a really strange bug that misplaced one of my columns a block too low. When I deleted it, however, everything turned into a jumble of white polygons that I could walk through. Was strange to say the least.
It might have saved the wrong blockborder, which causes the exact same bug you stated above.
It would help alot if you send me the stage. ^^

matt4300

Smash Ace
its not showing up when i load the game. i read the read me and couldent find an answer. if it helps im loading it in geko os and playing brawl +... am i suposed to save it as something specific, or make a new folder on my sd card or something?

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
its not showing up when i load the game. i read the read me and couldent find an answer. if it helps im loading it in geko os and playing brawl +... am i suposed to save it as something specific, or make a new folder on my sd card or something?
You're right, I should've mentioned that in the ReadMe:
X:\private\wii\app\RSBP\st\ PAL
X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\ US
X:\private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\ JP
(Replace 'X' with the drive letter of your SD card reader)

Mewizkuit

Smash Rookie
Ok, I have no idea why its not working for me.

When I start the program, it runs. Thats good.

I click New Stage. Works.
I select the size, style, and music, and press Enter. Works.
I Input the stage name and press Enter. The Program Shuts Down.

Any idea why this keeps happening every time I try to run it?

matt4300

Smash Ace
thanks Xane it works now. but im haveing the same problem that a guy on the last page had were when i respawn i die.
also is it possile to make walk off stages with this program?

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Ok, I have no idea why its not working for me.

When I start the program, it runs. Thats good.

I click New Stage. Works.
I select the size, style, and music, and press Enter. Works.
I Input the stage name and press Enter. The Program Shuts Down.

Any idea why this keeps happening every time I try to run it?
Mh.. what exactly do you input there? It shouldn't crash normally.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I've tried it various times with different inputs.
I've even tried just leaving the name as New Stage.
So it does crash right after hitting enter?
This is very strange as I don't see any reason for the crash..
Now if I know how to reproduce it.

Mewizkuit

Smash Rookie
So it does crash right after hitting enter?
This is very strange as I don't see any reason for the crash..
Now if I know how to reproduce it.
Right after hitting Enter the *ding* sound is made and then the program shuts down.
Could you try providing for me a blank stage? I want to see if it will let me load a stage or if it only has trouble creating a new stage.

matt4300

Smash Ace
i took this pic using the camera code. as you can see when i die no matter where i place the respawn points it spawns me SUPER far from the stage

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Right after hitting Enter the *ding* sound is made and then the program shuts down.
Could you try providing for me a blank stage? I want to see if it will let me load a stage or if it only has trouble creating a new stage.
There you are:
http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Pub/Downloads/st_Blank.bin

i took this pic using the camera code. as you can see when i die no matter where i place the respawn points it spawns me SUPER far from the stage
Don't know, I have to wait until I get my Wii back and then test the sh*t out of the spawn points and other things I've never touched yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom