• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have a video of actually playing on a stage studio stage. That would be pretty cool to see (I cant because I dont have an SD card...)
If there is a stage you made that you really wanna play. The best method is to find a friend who has a Wii and an SD card. Or just borrow an SD card.

StrikerX22

Smash Rookie
And of course, you need to be able to read the SD card on a PC if you want to transfer from one, if you make one with Stage Studio or download. Might need an adapter.

Kichuwa

Smash Rookie
Every time I try to use the StageStudio right when i get to the actual stage making it shuts down.

Zi0X

Smash Rookie
omg this is so awsome!!
but i have some questions, can this brick you´re nintendo Wii or you´re computer in any way?
and if it can, what do u have 2 avoid to make it not break.

i have updated my Wii to 4.0, and i have a vista computer soo is it any way it can break?

ty in adnvance!

lordhelmet

Smash Master
omg this is so awsome!!
but i have some questions, can this brick you´re nintendo Wii or you´re computer in any way?

i have updated my Wii to 4.0, and i have a vista computer soo is it any way it can break?

ty in adnvance!
I don't think that's even possible, since your just making a stage on your computer and saving it as a custom stage file to load on Brawl.

Gravemind

Smash Rookie
I don't think that's even possible, since your just making a stage on your computer and saving it as a custom stage file to load on Brawl.
But you can freeze your Wii.
I did a little custom stage. I works perfectly fine in Brawl.
Then I was courios what the Stage Builder says about it. No problems until I wanted to test the Stage in the Stage Builder. It resulted in a nice little Freeze of the Wii.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
SO whenever I start the program, my computer immediately shuts off and when it recovers, it says it recovered from a critical system error. Oh and it seems like it was going to go into full screen mode right before but then it just crashes.

SamusFanboy744

Smash Rookie
SO whenever I start the program, my computer immediately shuts off and when it recovers, it says it recovered from a critical system error. Oh and it seems like it was going to go into full screen mode right before but then it just crashes.
I had the same problem but it was just my AntiVirus shutting off my PC because it thought Stage Studio was a Virus but I just bypassed it in my AntiVirus and it works just fine.
Ive ran into that problem with Valve games to.

Zi0X

Smash Rookie
ohh ok ty, i was just affraid , cuz i´ve read some comments that their computers crashed when they started the program

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
omg this is so awsome!!

ty in adnvance!
Don't put in an insane amount of animated objects (i.e.: don't get all trigger happy with the wheels; if you put in say 30 wheels, your wii is gonna feel like it's being *****).
DO NOT - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES open the stage in the stage editor. When you're going to pass them from the SD card to the wii's memory, simply copy them. DO NOT use the Copy/Edit option, being as this opens the stage with the editor.

If you follow those two golden rules, all your stages should work just fine and dandy :D.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Don't put in an insane amount of animated objects (i.e.: don't get all trigger happy with the wheels; if you put in say 30 wheels, your wii is gonna feel like it's being *****).
DO NOT - UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES open the stage in the stage editor. When you're going to pass them from the SD card to the wii's memory, simply copy them. DO NOT use the Copy/Edit option, being as this opens the stage with the editor.

If you follow those two golden rules, all your stages should work just fine and dandy :D.
Of course, even should you violate both of these repeatedly, there should be no chance of your Wii being bricked. It'll just freeze.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I had the same problem but it was just my AntiVirus shutting off my PC because it thought Stage Studio was a Virus but I just bypassed it in my AntiVirus and it works just fine.
Ive ran into that problem with Valve games to.
Ok sounds interesting, what Antivirus did you have?? I got Spysweeper, Norton, Spybot, but only the first two are active.

Invitation1

Smash Rookie
I haven't tried this editor yet, but if it's easy to use as it seems and delivers on what it promises, then I think it's a great idea. The beta version of Xane's Brawl Stage Studio is available for download over at Smashboards. Nintendo historically locks down this kind of game modification away from the end-user level, so hurry and try it out before the company updates the Wii's system software to somehow block the SD card slot from accessing these unauthorized custom stages. .

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
I haven't tried this editor yet, but if it's easy to use as it seems and delivers on what it promises, then I think it's a great idea.
How about trying it, then?

The beta version of Xane's Brawl Stage Studio is available for download over at Smashboards.
Huh...? We know it's available for download over at Smashboards because... we are at Smashboards reading a post in the actual thread where it's available for download.

Nintendo historically locks down this kind of game modification away from the end-user level, so hurry and try it out before the company updates the Wii's system software to somehow block the SD card slot from accessing these unauthorized custom stages. .
Where has Nintendo locked down this kind of game modification? The most it can do is ban your from their server (i.e.: using hacked pokémon online). How can it prevent you from using custom stages when these stages are creating by using the same code the Wii does? You can still use hacked pokémon in the games regardless of what Nintendo does. How can they stop you? Besides, if SSBB is used online the stages work. They simply lag like a motherf*****.

Auld00

Smash Rookie
Great job, Xane. I use the Stage Studio almost every day now, except for when I'm on Linux. It's not compatible with Wine, though it would be cool if it was.

iancan2

Smash Rookie
how do you get the original name

hey i use stage studio and i want to upload my stage but it says i need to change the name back is there any way to get the original name plz help

xarkm

Smash Rookie
it would be so niice if we could turn around the objects...
like the spikes is upside down

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
it would be so niice if we could turn around the objects...
like the spikes is upside down
A man can dream, a man can dream...
How do you download and use this these stages on the wii?
Hook up your Wii's SD card to your computer and put the stages you made in /private\wii\app\RSBE\st. If you did it right it the stages should show under the custom stages on the stage selection screen :).

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Has there been any luck getting this thread stickied?
This thread will never get stickied. Besides, it's been awhile since Xane's made any improvements on the program. He's probably been very busy. He said he's working on other things wii-related and that it takes time away from working on his stage editor.
Also, the amount of noobs asking the exact same questions time and time again can get on any man's nerves.
But I hear ya, pal. This should be stickied.

bamomega

Smash Rookie
heyi have an error when iput in my sd card show me that the data is broken what have i do

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
heyi have an error when iput in my sd card show me that the data is broken what have i do
Uninstall the program and reinstall it then try again.
By the way, if English is not your primary language, then you are forgiven. If not, try and use some decent grammar. Maybe then people can know what your problem is. What's the problem? Is the problem when your wii reads the card? When your computer reads the card? When your computer tries to save to the card? Be more specific. Otherwise no one can even try to help you.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Uninstall the program and reinstall it then try again.
By the way, if English is not your primary language, then you are forgiven. If not, try and use some decent grammar. Maybe then people can know what your problem is. What's the problem? Is the problem when your wii reads the card? When your computer reads the card? When your computer tries to save to the card? Be more specific. Otherwise no one can even try to help you.
I know of no language that all lowercase letters are normal.

PS:
bamobega,
If your shift key is broken, you can use Caps Lock for capitalizing letters.

bamomega

Smash Rookie
when i put the sd card into the wii the file stage that i create its broken what i have to do

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
when i put the sd card into the wii the file stage that i create its broken what i have to do
Make sure the filename starts with "st_".
Try not to use non-alphanumerical characters.
Even better, use the date format Brawl uses.
Make sure it is in the right folder.
Put the SD Card in before booting your Wii.
Use your Shift Key for once in your life.

If that does not work, take a screenshot of the stage in Stage Builder and post the image here.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Hey, Xane. Any chance of an alpha release with the implementation of stretching? At least to beta-test it?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Xane is actually going to do that. Stretching will not happen soon at all, though. Stop pestering him, he is very busy, I am sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom