• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Brawl Stage Studio] v0.8.03 Beta - Updated 02/25/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I have no idea where you heard that from. You need a USB Gecko to stretch pieces.
Not at all, it's true that you can hex those things in.
You just need to know how.

Implementing stretching will need some time.
Need to fully understand how it not only affect the block's size but also their positions.

And ye, I'm working on some projects, not only Wii but also PC. Trying new stuff and all.
I'll research stretching from time to time, but when that's complete, the implementation will be the easier part.

Also, some are reporting strange crashes when entering the actual editor screen.
I'd like to help, but since it's working on every machine I get my hands on, this will be tough also.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Need to fully understand how it not only affect the block's size but also their positions.

And ye, I'm working on some projects, not only Wii but also PC. Trying new stuff and all.
I'll research stretching from time to time, but when that's complete, the implementation will be the easier part.

Also, some are reporting strange crashes when entering the actual editor screen.
I'd like to help, but since it's working on every machine I get my hands on, this will be tough also.
Thanks, Xane. It's nice to hear about it from the man himself. I know you're busy, which is why I wanted to know the stage of your progress. I know that stretching will be a b¡tch and a half because it might mess up where block positions are read. That's completely understandable even to a kindergartener. Stretched block = more block area covered. I know it's very intricate and I understand your break to work on other things.
I have an RPG I've been working on since forever. Sometimes I get bored on working on the same thing and I do other things. So much in fact that I'm making the sequel at the same time. Also, I'm working on a major haul hack of Zelda: A Link to the Past. So I know the burden of carrying a million things at once. And I got 2 jobs and am a full-time student. So I hear ya.

For the rest of you, I didn't ask when he would release the implementation for global and final use on his beta program. I asked about an alfa release for beta testing purposes. This is in part to help find bugs and glitches in order to help the man move on. If you see my message, it wasn't some random fangasm whining on when it'll be done or pestering on him to finally finish it. Beta testing sometimes greatly helps to move a program forward and take some weight of the programmer's shoulders. Especially if they're practically working on it alone.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I could help out with the testing too if Xane decides to do it.

Thundersnow

Smash Rookie
I did find one other problem, but it's not that bad. If you build a stage with Japanese letters on your Wii and then Stage Studio it, there won't be a name.

(Example: WII: "おまかせライラト", STAGE STUDIO: "_________", then back to WII: "_________")

...it'd take a long time to put all 67 Japanese letters in the Stage Editor. :chuckle: Don't worry now. 心配しないでください。

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Not at all, it's true that you can hex those things in.
You just need to know how.

And yea, I'm working on some projects, not only Wii but also PC. Trying new stuff and all.

Really? i have crashes on the screen too, but I just use my dad's pc instead, so its ok :)

You should talk to Pizzaboy, though. He is very knowledgable with the stretching.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I did find one other problem, but it's not that bad. If you build a stage with Japanese letters on your Wii and then Stage Studio it, there won't be a name.

(Example: WII: "おまかせライラト", STAGE STUDIO: "_________", then back to WII: "_________")

...it'd take a long time to put all 67 Japanese letters in the Stage Editor. :chuckle: Don't worry now. 心配しないでください。
Yea.. that's because the Stage Studio currently doesn't support any japanese letters, obviously, since initially, I didn't know that it would find it's way to Japan.
But it's something I have on my radar for later.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Dude your 2 awesome. IS there any way to stretch the blocks without hacking/modding your wii? I want to know cause i have an awesome stage in mind but i need streched blocks for it. I even drawed the stage on a paper lulz (boredom can make you do stupid things)

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Dammit... we need a BIG FAQ for questions like thet.
Probably 80% of the posts here are iterations of each other. If you want a "FAQ", skimread through the topic. Almost everywhere here are all questions asked.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
question and minor bug

will there be an update with the ability to flip objects upsidedown. because i think its getting old always having flat celling i think that being able to make curved cellings would open whole new set of possibilites such as more freedom, better recreations, and more fun. hopefuly you will consider what i said. also very good job on the editor it actually looks official. also there is a minor glitch i noticed i dont know if it was intensional or not. if you build on a larger stage and then later change it to a smaller stage it will keep the pieces even if they are out of bounds. i actualy used this to my advantage so i could build under the stage to make so it didnt look like my stage was floating anyway very nice work on the editor

EDIT:
will there be a way to make it so that the 4 spawn points arnt player specific so that player 1 doesnt always start in the same spot (like in a normal brawl where player 1 can start were player 2 started last time)one reason is because people can make a stage were player 1 is protected by walls all around (someone has tryed this on me but i taught him a lesson by using captain falcons final smash lol ps. ice climers workd 2 incase someone trys a protective wall on u mabey others work but those are the only ones i tested.) now im not saying u should take out the player specific spawn points just ad a option to toggle between player specific and random. and again this stage builder rocks.

AoW Cyanide

Smash Rookie
For some reason after downloading this and extracting it all to my desktop, I am unable to build stages. I can open the Stage Studio and I can pick my stage size and music, I can name it comment and upload a picture but when I hit next, the program instantly closes.

sandykaka

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me with a question? When it says on the "read me" text,

"1) In order to load and play your stage in Brawl, you have to
put the stage file into a specific folder on your SD card:
US : X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\
PAL: X:\private\wii\app\RSBP\st\
***: X:\private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\
(Replace 'X' with the drive letter of your SD card reader)"

Do you have to replace "X" like this: (L:)
or like this: L

And then Is "US : X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\" supposed to be the exact name of the file folder?

Someone please help me!

And thanks a bunch for making this! ^_^

AoW Cyanide

Smash Rookie
Well you don't actually replace the drive letter with your SD card's drive letter. He's bing hypothetical. Just open up My Computer, go to your SD Card's folder then, if not already created, creat a folder called private, and in that folder creat a folder called wii, and in the wii folder create a folder called app, and in the app folder create a folder called RSBE, and in the RSBE folder create a folder called st and in the st folder put all the .bin files for your stages in there. If you have all the folders right, your wii will be able to "read" and obtain the stages from the SD card and allow you to play on them.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
Can someone help me with a question? When it says on the "read me" text,

"1) In order to load and play your stage in Brawl, you have to
put the stage file into a specific folder on your SD card:
US : X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\
PAL: X:\private\wii\app\RSBP\st\
***: X:\private\wii\app\RSBJ\st\
(Replace 'X' with the drive letter of your SD card reader)"

Do you have to replace "X" like this: (L:)
or like this: L

And then Is "US : X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\st\" supposed to be the exact name of the file folder?

Someone please help me!

And thanks a bunch for making this! ^_^
if you have already made and saved a stage in brawl onto the SD card the folder has already been made, the X part means nothing you don't change the folder name, if your in the USA it will appear as RSBE and PAL will be RSBP.
i suggest you save a stage onto the SD card before you use stage studio.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
Is anyone gonna help me :\
No. Not with the info you've given. I doubt anyone wants to waste time guessing random things that might be wrong.

Video Card
CPU
RAM amount
Screenshot of the crash

PS: Try to run the program on another computer.

Livio

Smash Rookie
This is awesome. So far I've got everything to work ok, but I hate how whenever I save the program crashes. The files are saved perfectly, though, but it just goes into Not Responding mode. I'm on a Vista laptop, if that has anything to do with it. I've also tried saving in multiple locations, I named the files correctly (already played them on my Wii, really cool :D ) and I even tried moving the location of the program's files.

AoW Cyanide

Smash Rookie
No. Not with the info you've given. I doubt anyone wants to waste time guessing random things that might be wrong.

Video Card
CPU
RAM amount
Screenshot of the crash

PS: Try to run the program on another computer.
Seriously, there was no need to be so rude about it. You could have said this to me before.

My operating system is Windows XP, not sure about the video card, not sure about the CPU either, 1.5 GB of RAM, and I'll post a screenshot....I'm not sure how you can geta screenshot of a program closing when it closes too fast :\.

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
Long Answer(Standard Notation): N0000000000000.

Long Answer(Scientific Notation): N.0*10^13
Longest Answer: Read the friggin' topic. That question has been asked like a million times. If you're too lazy to read the entire topic (which I noticed), then do a search of your question. In the 42 pages this topic has, there's bound to be someone who has either asked about it or asked to implement it. Use your logic. We even took the time to answer your question... for the millionth time here.

JorisKanters

Smash Rookie
NoTitle

I just downloaded it and I really like it :).

Some stuff that would be cool for a update (don't know if it's possible):

- Upload your own music for a stage
- Build faster (don't know what it's called, but if you build a stage on the wii with Gamecube controller it's the Z button)
- Extra things to build

Thank you very much for this program :chuckle:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I just downloaded it and I really like it :).

Some stuff that would be cool for a update (don't know if it's possible):

- Upload your own music for a stage
- Build faster (don't know what it's called, but if you build a stage on the wii with Gamecube controller it's the Z button)
- Extra things to build

Thank you very much for this program :chuckle:
....Right click on the part you want to use more than once. Enjoy.

Livio

Smash Rookie
looks like I was ignored. I already read the entire first post (while also skimming across the rest of the first page) before posting, and there's no way I'm looking through 42 pages for something like this.

You guys should edit the first post or something to include the common glitches or something, then less people would ask. I've found a lot of interesting stuff, though, regarding tiles being off the grid and going through tiles and a bunch of crazy stuff including having characters warp around. lol this is some cool stuff, but I hate having the program crash on me for every save. so if no one knows what the heck is causing it, at least say that you don't know.

xnamkcor

Smash Cadet
looks like I was ignored. I already read the entire first post (while also skimming across the rest of the first page) before posting, and there's no way I'm looking through 42 pages for something like this.

You guys should edit the first post or something to include the common glitches or something, then less people would ask. I've found a lot of interesting stuff, though, regarding tiles being off the grid and going through tiles and a bunch of crazy stuff including having characters warp around. lol this is some cool stuff, but I hate having the program crash on me for every save. so if no one knows what the heck is causing it, at least say that you don't know.
I can say with confidence that I have no idea what is causing your problem.

yichen5

Smash Rookie
Glitch??

Every time i save a stage, it freezes and i have to quit out. Is this supposed to happen??? oh and in the next version, could you add a feture that allows you to toggle the speed of the stage???? thanks

yichen5

Smash Rookie
after reading a bunch of these bugs, i think most bugs are caused by different computer specs and software misuse, maybe some bugs in software

Shadowandroid45

Smash Rookie
THIS......IS........AWESOME, THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM, I NOW AM FREE TO DO AS I PLEASE, one thing that would be great is to make it so that we can rotate pieces like the spikes so that they are upside down, now that would be cool.

Shadowandroid45

Smash Rookie
THIS......IS........AWESOME, THANK YOU FOR MAKING SUCH A GREAT PROGRAM, I NOW AM FREE TO DO AS I PLEASE, one thing that would be great is to make it so that we can rotate pieces like the spikes so that they are upside down, now that would be cool.
Dad: The one person greater then Chuck Norris is... CAPTIAN FALCON!
Son: But Dad, no one is better then Chuck Norris.
Dad: No son, your wrong. Chuck Norris IS Captian Falcon.!!

Disco_Peach

Smash Cadet
one thing that would be great is to make it so that we can rotate pieces like the spikes so that they are upside down, now that would be cool.
Yes it would, lamentably it's impossible.

Minesweeper gives an error when I tried to load the application with it.
Lol

Was the semi-circle piece partially programmed or did you create it?
That's a piece found within the game that, for some unknown reason, the developers decided to exclude from the custom stage builder. It wasn't programmed; it was simply brought to light. You could make a stage without breaking any rules, and be able to open it up in the wii's editor. However, if you use this piece and open it up in the editor, you will be ****** your wii.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom