• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Stage Legality Discussion: Brawl+ 7.0 Gold Discussion (Go Discuss Everything!)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
if multiple stages play the same role as one another, why exclude one or the other automatically without notifying the TO.

how about designing stages that aren't used to be at the same level of advantage for the strategies they enhance, then group them into specific categories for TOs to piece together if they'd like?

there could always be a default stage list as well as the ability to mix and match. that way, the variety is there as well as the convenience.

or is this too much work? maybe the stages aren't able to be modded enough to be equal?

The Cape

Smash Master
That was kind of the original idea that JCaesar and I had.

Basically make a stage "side board" Similar to the CP/Ban list I have. Then what you would do is have prefabricated groups.

Delphino and Halberd is a group (one ban removes one or both)
SSE Jungle and WiFi Waiting Room
Rainbow Cruise and Frigate Orpheon

etc etc. Keep with the one ban system though. But thats just over complicating this ****.

The Cape

Smash Master
Pink. PS2 is frozen so its always in the original form. While PS1 has the windmill and ledge problems (as well as the melee issues)

Sterowent

Smash Ace
ah, i see. you're worried more about oversaturation.

the other drawback i'd imagine is learning stages that aren't usually used in tournaments, through some shunning or whatever reason. as well, balancing two stages to offer an equal (dis)advantage would be a huge chore and would vary based on matchups, yeah?

thought i'd make a suggestion anyhow. this thread is boomin'.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Is it possible to change the Windmill to not act as a solid substance(essentially just change it to a background item) and then keep the stage changes to just water/grass?

What im basically saying is I love pokemon stadium and I want it to always be played in both games all the time.

The Cape

Smash Master
Its definetly possible to do and that would make it a perfect stage.

Something else we could try to do is make it ordered. Default > Water > Default > Grass > etc

My other suggestion was to raise the ceiling and make it always grass stage, would make a really nice stage.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The Cape's stage list is incredible, it removes the most ****ing random factors while keeping a lot of variety. Well done my good man, well done.
I agree with this stage list. It definitely provides a great balance of both competitive "fairness" and general variety. However I do feel it's odd to have PS2 as a Neutral and have PS1 not even on the standard CP list.
OK. Now, I'm getting suspicious.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Pirate Ship:
Water Intangible
Less KB/Different Trajectory on Bombs/Catapult

PS1:
Higher Ceiling
Windmill like Melee

Skyworld+:
Bottom Platform unhittable

Distant Planet:
Permanent Water/Different Angle
???

Spear Pillar:
???

what else for DP/other stages is planned?
is there a plan to fix Green Greens?

Skler

Smash Master
The grass stage probably has the least BS of any of the pokemon stadium transformations. It has a unique platform layout that adds to the strategy of the game.

The windmill can still save people when it can be passed through, while it's a minor gripe I feel grass only PS would be a more unique and viable stage.

The Cape

Smash Master
But would Grass PS be a neutral or not? The ledges are still wonky, you can definetly get around them with practice and patience, but does that alone make it a CP, or is it viable enough to be a neutral?

Skler

Smash Master
I forgot about how Brawl messed with the PS edges. Everything else about it is ultra neutral, especially with a slightly raised ceiling, so I'd call it a borderline neutral. I'm open to having my mind changed by some good arguments.

Skler

Smash Master
If you completely nix the windmill from water I'm all for it. The only windmill that should be in any smash game is the Windmill of Fury.

Revven

FrankerZ
I love how the MBR just comes in and like, ***** house.

Might I add some 2 cents to PS1 though:

There's a very slim chance you can fall through the stage in Brawl. I saw it happen at a tournament once (I even think there's a video of it) let me see if I can find it.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMxfEd8soBo

It only seems to happen when it transforms to the Grass part of the stage, as if I remember correctly from the tournament I went to, it was the same scenario... I should try to find the vid of the tourney match.

Here is the tourney match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdbNtZh1Tk (At the end of the match, it literally costed him the loss)

Yup, happens when it transforms to grass on the left side. ANYWAY, my point for bringing the glitch up is that not only are the ledges ******** but, so is the transformation part.

I THINK some of this can be fixed with BrawlBox if anyone knew anything about the stage files... but, not too sure about the edges being able to be fixed. There's like two problems with those, the short range to grab it and the "lip" of it being worse than FD's lip IMO.

The Cape

Smash Master
Well if its always grass then the transformation to grass shouldnt be an issue. And I think you could fall through it on the fire stage in Melee too.

Good **** SMK.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can that happen at any time during the grass stage transformation or only during the exact time it's transforming?
All I know is, it happens seemingly during the transformation to the grass one. I'm pretty sure it doesn't happen while the stage has already transformed and you're playing on it.

mofo_

Smash Ace
lol is the windmill of fury that one dash attack thing w/ samus?

for green greens, there were .pacs that removed the blocks and wispy

Sterowent

Smash Ace
about sky+:

ASL in hitlag does pose a problem, but a more elegant fix would be to reduce the invuln frames recieved when grabbing the ledge multiple times in succession. if we could do that.

it would eliminate camping with an all-encompassing solution rather than specifically targeting things like that, things i admittedly like. mostly i'm for ASL in hitlag because i expect this game to put more attention on the ability to gimp someday, and this only adds to the requirement of timing and adds options that would not be available in teams for fear of punishment.

by reducing the invuln frames available, this could be preserved and still allow the blow to planking you desire. especially considering the hitlag forcing grounded hitboxes onstage to last for longer periods of time.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
*sigh, it'd be better to hack it into 64-ness since that pretty much solves everything on Green greens

EDIT: Being raided by the MBR is ****** us ^^ lulz

The Cape

Smash Master
Planking was already taking a huge issue due to the removal of sweetspotting automatically.

The reducing of invulnerability actually isnt needed due to that and the hugging of the stage.

As for Meta***, if his uair doesnt have TP already it **** well should.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
yeah, i was going to mention meta's uair, hah.

the fact that some characters can still plank in that fashion disturbs me. the diminishing invuln would not discriminate against any character, since all would be forced to deal with not being there too long. and it would still preserve that ASL on hit.

also, maestro's right, hoho. coders follow...their own path...making their Own DESTINY (HOOOO)

Skler

Smash Master
If you try and make green greens not broken you remove what made it green greens in the first place, its complete and utter brokenness.

As far as falling through the grass stage, if it only occurs in transformation then it's a legit hazard. You know when it's going to transform so JUMP if you're in that spot or just move. Not too difficult and a completely reasonable thing to do. I'd approve of just grass though, it has 0 silly hazards and is probably the only stage with such a unique platform setup.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh yeah I know it's avoidable, I was going to mention that, but in the case of someone who doesn't know that (like in those two videos) it can be pretty surprising and may turn a match around for the worse if they don't react too well.

I'm just bringing it up as another issue with the stage is all in comparison to PS2.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Green Greens:
Increase side blastzones slightly, freeze the stage so blocks never respawn.
If you want your wall shenanigans you better be able to pull it off within the first few seconds of the match.

That's the closest thing to playable I can think of.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
frozen blocks already on the stage are invincible?

Also, I don't know how Corneria will be able to be good w/o that wall in the way

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If the Windmill was fixed to work like Melee's, I'd so be for PokeGrasslands being a Neutral.
Edit: Also-
Need to change my list anyway (Skyworld isnt on the CP list at all, its on the CP/Ban list)
Only CP/Ban, even if the floor is fixed.
If the floor isnt fixed that stage needs banned.
What are the issues if the floor is fixed? This is also assuming the following:

The Cape

Smash Master
The ground platform, being hitable, leads to auto snap. Autosnap leads to planking. (think Marth and GW)

But yea, Cape's stage list (MBR approved). Thats good enough, MBR gets **** done.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
The ground platform, being hitable, leads to auto snap. Autosnap leads to planking. (think Marth and GW)
I'm pretty sure the "Floor Fix" would fix that as well. And if there's no auto-snapping onto it, wouldn't that fix all issues?

Top Bottom