• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Its going to be Roy, Mewtwo is going to probably need more time (and also some knowhow in model editing) before we can have him back in Smash, but I hope I can be proven wrong.
True. I was thinking it would either be him, or Doctor Mario... considering he just needs a bit of an overhaul on his clothing, compared to Mewtwo who needs a complete model design. Those two just sounded the "easiest" to make, especially Roy. I'm still holding out for Mewtwo someday, though.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Hey Pharrox, what's the word on Waddle Doo? In a couple day's I'll test it myself....Hopefully...

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
It seems Pharrox RARELY gets online now...and I haven't done more testing,I'm busy with moveset swapping! :laugh:

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, life really kinda sucks right now for me. I'm working late almost every day right now to pay for college, so I have very little free time. When I do get a day off I'm more likely to just be lazy and actually play the game instead of hacking it. :) College starts next week, so what little free time I have now is about to die a painful death. On the bright side I have a programming course coming up, so hopefully I'll be able to use that to do some of the things I've been wanting to do with this project for a while.

I've learned a lot about the model data recently, so I guess that's a good thing. I'll try to test your textures tomorrow after I get home from work.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
That kinds of sucks.But,nice to see you will get into testing textures.If I just knew more about this...I sometimes feel like I can't even do this stuff anymore.

I also have an love for moveset swapping and I am spending most of my time on it now XD

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
WOOT I checked my tracking number on my modchip, and should actually be here tomorrow, saturday, or monday!!! Which means I can do my own stuff! WOOT!

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I think Doc would be the easiest. Just remove the hat and have a white coat. The stethoscope I don't know about though. And that thing on his head made him. That needs to come back.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Looks good,but your PC looks too orange :O

NVM,I'm not used to Orange.My PC is all black and awesome.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I inserted it to the disk and burned it, but I don't think I'll be able to post the result tonight.

I extracted the .pcs and two textures were never replaced, so those will cause problems. Also, I'm not sure that the eye will meet in the middle correctly, but I won't know until I test it.

likhary

Smash Rookie
Currently all the people who could figure out this kind of thing wont release it because of its tremendous potential for piracy. I'm not quite sure what would happen if you used an 4+ gig SD card and copied the game to it. I'm pretty sure that, as of right now anyway, the limit is 2GB, not enough to hold a game.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Alright, keep me posted, and if you don't mind telling me which textures so as I can try and fix that.
and @likhary what are you talking about?

HarryHoungan

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question. If I were to go over the borders of a shape and paint over the BG color of the texture file, would it make a difference at all? I'm trying to make a "card deck" MK in Flash, since I have no clue how to use Photoshop. I figure I'll print screen the Flash picture back into Photoshop when I'm done. I'll put up a picture when I'm done (will take a while), and if people like it maybe someone could put it in for me? -insert happy face-

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
If you go over the boundaries the TEX0 most likely won't fit back in when hex editing later on.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Meh, it's not too difficult once you get used to it.
You could use paint too ya know. =P

rykin

Smash Rookie
This is awesome. I managed to make a few of my own custom skins fairly easily. Has it been documented how to handle the +2 textures? I'm looking to recolor Sonic as a 4 Player FFA is hard with four Sonics. They all look so similar. :O

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Any chance of retexturing Peach to look like the old Mario Bros model?

Something like this:

ˆˆcrappy photoshop

or something like that :O

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Who did that cool one? You? GhostNeo? (Haven't checked GhostNeo.net. Don't have time either)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You mean the Peach one? It's just a lame photoshop edit, just to show how would it look like.

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
Woo! I got my modchip today!! And it came pre-soldered even though I didn't order it that way!

So, now I just need to wait for my DVD-burner to get here.....

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Glad you like it,Gehaga.I do like it a lot too.Seems like black hair looks good on Lucas (or atleast looks NEW!)

Anyway,I may re-hex the messy costumes of mine with ANOTHER hex editing program that seems to be way better than HEX Editor Neo.Hope it works.

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
Just wanted to let you all know that I am in the process of improving Pharrox's guide to include the various things that I have encountered in my extensive hacking of...every single character in the game. There's a lot to cover, and I still have ]Syntax Error[ duties to fulfill, but for those of you attempting this yourselves, something to look forward to :)

jigglyness123

Smash Rookie
now when you say every character, do you mean kirby as well, because i seriously need help with him.

EDIT: This is Phreeq at my friends house, forgot he was on.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
ok, I installed my mod chip today. It's a Wiikey with clipon and I was able to boot the Homebrew DVD (don't own Zelda) successfully. So obviously burnt disks are being read. I can also read gamecube or Single Layer disks, but my Wii no longer reads Brawl. I assume it has something to do with the fact that it's a double layer game and the chip somehow has trouble with it.

Anyone heard of this, and know an easy solution? I assume I'll have to find a way to burn a single layer copy.

ghosteo

Smash Rookie
ok, I installed my mod chip today. It's a Wiikey with clipon and I was able to boot the Homebrew DVD (don't own Zelda) successfully. So obviously burnt disks are being read. I can also read gamecube or Single Layer disks, but my Wii no longer reads Brawl. I assume it has something to do with the fact that it's a double layer game and the chip somehow has trouble with it.

Anyone heard of this, and know an easy solution? I assume I'll have to find a way to burn a single layer copy.
Why are you posting this here? Seriously this is completely irrelevant to the topic, but it is the double layer and there is a way to make a single layer version of the brawl disc ( that's what we ( syntax error ) use for test burns ). Use the internets to find out how.

rykin

Smash Rookie

Yeah, I don't think you should be asking that in this thread, but since I know the answer, I'll give you a reply. Update your Wiikey firmware to 1.9s and it will fix the SSBB issue. You'll have to do some digging yourself to find it, but google is your friend. (P.S. Burned Dual Layer games still work)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom