• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gehaga

Smash Cadet
When will anyone do this

Seeing how far some people have come with their texture skilz, *cough, cough, Androu1, ghosteo plz give my old request a shot as im am not going to risk breaking my Wii by moding it because i only have 50% ownership, my brother and i paid for it 50-50.

I love you guys, If its not to much to ask, a little prodject for anyone who is interested, turn Snake into Big Boss in this picture.
And -NEOLINK- im the one who recomended travis touch down, I just feel like bragging

I have a challenge for anyone that thinks they can do it justice, Turn

Lucas

into

Travis Touchdown

All you have to do is turn lucas' hair black, and make his shirt look like a jacket over a pink shirt, the emblem is optional, and of course the glasses, glove, and belt.

loserkidsblink182

Smash Rookie
My God. A Big Boss snake would be fantastic. And maybe an Old Snake, as a salute to the success of MGS4? :D

Obviously I'm a noob to the Smash Boards.. drawn in from all the outside attention. Because of it, my Wii Key is on the way to my house now.

I've extracted the Brawl image, and I get the fighter locations and everything.. but where do I download the .pac files that have been modified? Have these texture hacks been made public yet? I'd love to try them out myself.

Unblessed_Zaku

Smash Rookie
Didn't anyone already find how to rip models from Brawl? Someone put them in Garry's Mod. Granted, I think it was only three models they ripped, but the point is that they did.

linx:
http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?tag=Samus

http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?tag=lucario

When I get back to my home state, I'll be editing the models skins for awesuemness.

But anyways, if someone can do it for gmod it's worth looking into.....

I guess they did Mario Galaxy also.....

http://garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=46451

gehaga

Smash Cadet
Hey Androu1! If you teach me how to make texures, i can make them and you could, if you don't mind, play them, i just want to make some great ideas, such as puting my self in the game.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Kewl. I didn't think someone would look into it this soon. Thanks. Hope things go well.
I would so like to help, but unfortunatley, I have like no room on my comp. After checking. Like...no room. If I can get a better comp, I'll be sure to help you guys. But for now, we'll have to wait. *sigh*

Unblessed_Zaku

Smash Rookie
I'll read up on it when I get back to my place. I'm currently out of state. My pc should have "room" and processing capabilities required for it, though it's mainly built for gaming and not 3D rendering or modeling. We'll see how it goes.

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
extracting models is very old news...

...its putting them back in that requires research.

Unblessed_Zaku

Smash Rookie
Why hasn't anyone made a model extraction/ripping tool executable? Things don't get better, unless you make them easier.....

Phreeq

Smash Apprentice
The issue is not putting them back in, I'm sure that'd be easy. The issue is converting back to mdl0.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get wiiscrubber?

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
The issue is not putting them back in, I'm sure that'd be easy. The issue is converting back to mdl0.

On a side note, does anyone know where to get wiiscrubber?
...yes, converting them to mdl0 so as to facilitate re-insertion. I guess you are being more specific...

Also, I realized I haven't posted this here yet: We can't find the character selection portrait files. Please post here, on GBATemp or on Ghosteo if you find them.

gehaga

Smash Cadet

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
I finally noticed why some costumes of mine wheren't working.They where WAY bigger than the others.For example,Royal Purple Marth is 500kb and Pink Marth was 1.5mb.

gehaga

Smash Cadet
Srry

I finally noticed why some costumes of mine wheren't working.They where WAY bigger than the others.For example,Royal Purple Marth is 500kb and Pink Marth was 1.5mb.
would you mind if i asked syntax error else to make a travis touchdown out of lucas?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
...yes, converting them to mdl0 so as to facilitate re-insertion. I guess you are being more specific...

Also, I realized I haven't posted this here yet: We can't find the character selection portrait files. Please post here, on GBATemp or on Ghosteo if you find them.
So I assume you looked EVERYWHERE?
Hmm. If not, check somewhere with a similar name or place you don't think it'll be at.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please EXPLAIN how to delete mipmaps? Snake's suit doesn't have mipmaps...it's almost if has the suit IS an mipmap all by itself

gehaga

Smash Cadet
@Gehaga, Syntax Error doesn't accept requests.
They say that you can make requests just don't expected to see them respond, but one member of Syntax Error said if the idea was to good to pass up such as, Ganondorf -> King Leonidas, he would give it a try, so i just pray.

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
Allow me to clear up the "request" thing.

We tried since Day 1 to say "No Requests". Apparently the entire internet is illiterate.

So we gave up and changed it to what it says now. Truth be told: We have had all textures we have done and will do written down and planned since day 1. Not a single request or suggestion has changed any plans we have had.

Perhaps someone will think of something so monumentally amazing that we just HAVE to do it. Hasn't happened yet...

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm simply trying to say that this was never an "open" project, and hence outside suggestions aren't being considered.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Well if it worked on Xp I could help look. Any idea if we can make it work on that? Otherwise I can't.

Androu1

Smash Apprentice
Raganook,I need mayor help :O

2 questions...

1)How do I delete mipmaps?
2)Is it normal if Luigi's textures seem to be in a different order than the one extracted?

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
I killed the transparency effects in order to give it a choppy look. At the time, it was the closest to spikey hair we could do.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Putting custom textures sounds easier to do via the sd card then models. I have no clue what were gunna do with that.

melito

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Melito37
PLZ HELP... iv been following the guide .and now im in the part where i Copy ntcompress into the folder with the newly saved .pac file, then run the Command Prompt. when i finish all that im suppost to get a TXT.file but i get a BIN.file...wat do i do wit that ...

PLZ SOMEONE THAT KNOW HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom