• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Reskins: Custom Alt Colors (No burning needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Here is a .rar with TPLx and TexConv. I can't give you ntcompress since it's part of the official Wii SDK, but that's not too hard to find on Google.

[link deleted]

EDIT: Sorry, forgot TexConv is out of the SDK too.

gamerkman

Smash Rookie
I can't get the TPLx program, or any of the brawl tools. Tht website, herrmian or wateva, is down. Androu1, this is Jugg4n4ut, how the **** am I supposed to get the files? XP **** u school and ur blocking of websites

gamerkman

Smash Rookie
heinermann.kakkoitser.com is down. I can't get to it, it says the server or somethin is down. I also need the ssbextract file. I have all the pacs and hex editor neo. U gave me link to TPLx. Wat else do I need to just edit the textures, and where to get it?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
TCSedit isn't required for creating the new texture files, although it does help. The problem is that the only place to get it is the Dolphin SDK which is practically impossible to find. Because it is part of the SDK I can't just go giving it out either. So I wrote my own program which will hopefully be able to do the same job as TCSedit does. It's my first program ever, so it isn't pretty or efficient, but it seems to get the job done. Once a .tga file and type is entered, it will do its best to guess the rest, so you don't need to go through filling in all the settings each time.

So yeah, it's a piece of crap and use at your own risk. Let me know if you find any bugs and I'll try to correct them as soon as possible.

tcsmake 0.1

EDIT: Here are all the files I can freely distribute. The rest are part of the Wii SDK and can't be posted here.

utilities

pghazanfari53

Smash Rookie
I created a new program for editing the textures.
It replaces the tpl data in the .pac with the tpl data in the tpl file.
link: http://rapidshare.com/files/165530536/TexRep.rar.html
Report any bugs to pghazanfari53@yahoo.com
*Does not support palette data
*Cannot be used with last texture file (due to the lack of ending TEX0)
*Does not work with all textures
I will be updating it in an attempt to fix these problems.

Raganook

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone :p

Pharrox, wanted to let you know the revamped guide is going to be uploaded to the Syntax Error site within probably the next 7 days. Just in this last post I see you made your own program (!). Before I release the guide using the "old" methods (everything we mutually knew way back when), are there any other programs I should know about?

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Black and White Mage Climbers look real sweet! Keep on truckin' mysteryartist!

XeroForever

Smash Rookie
ok I need some help. I think I have ntcompress but I may not and it could be something different but I have followed the guide and I go thru the command prompt I do everything it says and then, no txt file nothing at all. Can anyone help me???

XeroForever

Smash Rookie
Whoo Hoo I fixed everything with the help of Pharrox of course and now I have my First texture.

CRACK KIRBY

XeroForever

Smash Rookie
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP
MipMap Trouble
Look and see what should be,
Christmas Link

You Must Look at this and Compare

So if anyone knows what to do in case of Mipmapping PLEASE HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!

Coins

Smash Cadet
Help?

When i use TexConv and enter 01.tcs and try to change it to 01.tpl it says:

"ProccessImKey: unknown output format '[14]' for image 0 in script file"

Can someone please help?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Noob question, but what's a modchip? It sounds like something you can hold in your hand. But you said it has to be installed, which means it's a file? If it's a file, can someone provide a link? Please, I'd really like to do textures. :)

Coins

Smash Cadet
Noob question, but what's a modchip? It sounds like something you can hold in your hand. But you said it has to be installed, which means it's a file? If it's a file, can someone provide a link? Please, I'd really like to do textures. :)
It is a chip that is applied to the wii's motherboard(soldered) that allows the wii to read backups. This is now not needed because of the recent release of the backup launcher for the homebrew channel.

Can some-one help me now? Please?

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Were you using my program or the official one to make the .tcs?

Post the file or its text here and I'll look at it.

Coins

Smash Cadet
Were you using my program or the official one to make the .tcs?

Post the file or its text here and I'll look at it.
I used SSBExtract to make the .tpl files. Then i used TPLconv since i couldn't find TPLx. I used this to make then to .tga.
I then place TexConv into the folder with all the .tcs files in and use command prompt.
I was looking at the guide but it says to place 'TextConv into the folder? Do you mean TexConv?

Coins

Smash Cadet
Ok then. I'm good now.
I suppose it would of been helpful if i removed the square brackets in the address in the tcs file XD

Edit: I now have a new problem. After doing the hex editing part i have to use ntcompress and the command box.
This is what i keep on getting.

If you want any more details just ask and i'll give you some more.

Edit:Fixed. Somehow

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear you got it working. Still I ask what you used to make the .tcs files? Did you use TcsEdit, TcsMake, or did you write them yourself in a text editor?

Coins

Smash Cadet
Glad to hear you got it working. Still I ask what you used to make the .tcs files? Did you use TcsEdit, TcsMake, or did you write them yourself in a text editor?
Also when i placed the disc in the played a match and it worked fine. Then i cycled through Zero suit's textures and had a match with each but my texture didn't show. I don't know what went wrong. I'm going to try again soon.

I didn't use anything special. I just used notepad.

This is what your guide says.

[5100] Creating a .tcs file:
Before we can convert the images back into .tpl files, we have create a file telling TexConv what to do
for each texture. Open up notepad and paste the following code:
file 0 = [full location of .tga]
image 0 = 0, 0, [type]
texture 0 = 0, x

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
You are replacing the .pcs file on the disk and not the .pac? The .pac is never used so any changes made to it wont appear in game.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
Well I've been getting a lot of requests for some of the programs since Heinermann's page went down. I'm planning on setting up a page to host most of the stuff from the old site as well as some new things. Until then, here are two of the most requested programs which are now pretty hard to find:

TPLx
SSBExtract

Coins

Smash Cadet
You are replacing the .pcs file on the disk and not the .pac? The .pac is never used so any changes made to it wont appear in game.
You need to save the .pac file though and change the textures don't you? Thats what your guide says.
Also i'm pretty sure i did replcae the .pcs files. I'll have another go soon. Thanks for TPLx aswell.

Pharrox

Smash Journeyman
You do all your work on the .pac, but that file is never actually put back on the disk. The only file that matters at the end is the .pcs file, which is a duplicate of the .pac compressed. From what I've seen, about half the files on the brawl disk are unused or duplicates. It really doen't make much sense, especially since loading from the .pac files would make the game load a lot quicker.

Coins

Smash Cadet
You do all your work on the .pac, but that file is never actually put back on the disk. The only file that matters at the end is the .pcs file, which is a duplicate of the .pac compressed. From what I've seen, about half the files on the brawl disk are unused or duplicates. It really doen't make much sense, especially since loading from the .pac files would make the game load a lot quicker.
Maybe Nintedo didn't want people to hack the game so to make it harder they make it dual layer so people would spend more money on discs? :p
Also i tried again but accidently hexe3d the original textures back into the game. I'm getting more stupid now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom